***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Davidtrios wrote:
    according to670 reporter david shuster, KW seriously consider PKonerko as player/manager :crazy:

Wow. I highly doubt that is true. Even if it was, KW should keep that to himself because it makes him look like a complete idiot. Although I think hiring Ventura as manager has done that as well.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    according to670 reporter david shuster, KW seriously consider PKonerko as player/manager :crazy:

Wow. I highly doubt that is true. Even if it was, KW should keep that to himself because it makes him look like a complete idiot. Although I think hiring Ventura as manager has done that as well.

it's true...check out the tribune's website.

he never discussed it with paulie...so it wasn't that serious..but the thought crossed his mind.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

it's true...check out the tribune's website.

he never discussed it with paulie...so it wasn't that serious..but the thought crossed his mind.

Wow...that's a scary thought.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:

was Ron Artest in the locker room?

just wow.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

just wow.

haha, i heard the red sox were worse...drank very heavily.

btw, when buehrle saved the world series game that went extra innings, it was reported that he was quite hammered.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

just wow.

haha, i heard the red sox were worse...drank very heavily.

btw, when buehrle saved the world series game that went extra innings, it was reported that he was quite hammered.

It was also reported that I was quite hammered when Buehrle saved that WS game.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Big league players drinking in the clubhouse during a game?? big deal. Jim Leyland has an IV of straight nicoteen running through his veins during a game :lol:

john daly won the british open hammered on some type of brown booze he had in his bag.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    6 year anniversary of the Sox sweeping the Astros to win the World Series. I can't believe it has been 6 years already!! I remember that day like it was yesterday....
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    All I'll say is that from personal experience, I do pretty much everything better after two beers. :D
    Pretty much any kind of game (pool, darts, videogames, ping pong, whatever...)

I also play on a coed softball league, and some of my best games were also the ones where I had a couple beers beforehand.
    It's crazy to think that kind of thing goes on in the clubhouse in professional sports, but I also feel that if it was truly a problem, the team's manager would put a stop to it. There is no way he'd allow for the potential of a loss due to players getting out of hand...afterall, his job is on the line too.
    i played some pick up roller hockey after having a beer or two...

didn't like it...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Looks like Kenny is still bitter about the Swisher trade. Asking for Montero and Banuelos for Danks. :lol::lol: Guess it doesn't hurt to ask but he isn't getting one of them for Danks.
    Kenny Williams should be executed.

Sergio Santos for Nestor Molina???? WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
    Davidtrios wrote:

Suprising trade. Don't know much about him but Molina has some pretty good minor league numbers.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Suprising trade. Don't know much about him but Molina has some pretty good minor league numbers.

i understand theyre in rebuilding mode, but sergio is young...not even in his prome yet!

a move like this tells me they have no interest in resigning a fan favorite in mark buehrle
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

i understand theyre in rebuilding mode, but sergio is young...not even in his prome yet!

a move like this tells me they have no interest in resigning a fan favorite in mark buehrle

Yeah, I hear you. It is definitely a strange move.

I don't think they have much of a chance at signing him.
    Here's a scouting report on Molina.

http://theondeckcircle.net/2011/08/25/h ... ect-watch/
    White Sox are going all in this season to save as much money as possible.

they'll be lucky to win 75 games

anybody that's followed them over the last year knew this was coming....after the craptastic 2011 season

gotta save money on the Sox and apply it to the Bulls
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Davidtrios wrote:

they never had an intrestin resigning him......teh only reason they tendered him was to gain draft picks

look for more deals in the near future....no body is untouchable....except Dunn and his bloated contract
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    look for more deals in the near future....no body is untouchable....except Dunn and his bloated contract

Don't forget Rios and his ridiculous contract. No one wants that piece of shit.
    Davidtrios wrote:

This move is a head-scratcher. They just signed Santos to a very club-friendly contract...I think it was something like 3 years, $9 mill. Pretty good deal for a young closer who will only get better. He was probably the one guy that I thought there was no chance of them trading. It just doesn't make sense. I hate Kenny Williams. I haven't been this down on the White Sox in a long time....not looking forward to this baseball season at all.
    Davidtrios wrote:

This move is a head-scratcher. They just signed Santos to a very club-friendly contract...I think it was something like 3 years, $9 mill. Pretty good deal for a young closer who will only get better. He was probably the one guy that I thought there was no chance of them trading. It just doesn't make sense. I hate Kenny Williams. I haven't been this down on the White Sox in a long time....not looking forward to this baseball season at all.

depends on if Molina turns into a solid starter...sort of ironic that Molina is also a converted fielder.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    depends on if Molina turns into a solid starter...sort of ironic that Molina is also a converted fielder.

I guess. Just doesn't make any sense to trade away your closer who has a contract like that....especially w/ the financial mess the Sox are in right now.
    81 wrote:

I guess. Just doesn't make any sense to trade away your closer who has a contract like that....especially w/ the financial mess the Sox are in right now.

it's gotta be two things...they have to believe this kid is a going to be solid....and it saves them a few bucks next year....

i think they are going to go super cheap for the next three years and trade anybody they can for prospects. there just isn't enough quality talent on this over paid team to compete right now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

it's gotta be two things...they have to believe this kid is a going to be solid....and it saves them a few bucks next year....

i think they are going to go super cheap for the next three years and trade anybody they can for prospects. there just isn't enough quality talent on this over paid team to compete right now.

Ohhh yeah, they definitely will be on the cheap and they do need to move some guys this offseason. I just didn't think Santos would be one of those guys.
    he's a fighting fish...feel kinda crushed
    81 wrote:

Ohhh yeah, they definitely will be on the cheap and they do need to move some guys this offseason. I just didn't think Santos would be one of those guys.

just read that kenny and jerry are asking about the value of every player....

danks and floyd are the most asked about...so i woudl expect them to both be shipped out for prospects....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Gonna be a challenge for chicago to win a combined 145
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Gob wrote:

I think we all knew it would happen, but man does that suck. Hurts a little more that he's going to Miami w/ Ozzie. Talk about a "fuck you" to Kenny Williams. There was nothing I enjoyed mroe in baseball than watching Mark Buehrle pitch. Plus, now I have to get a new Sox jersey! Although I don't think anyone on this team is worth buying their jersey. Fuck.