Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    it was sad to see him go, but i think it is time to move on. time to rebuild and retool...i hope they play more flowers, viciedo and de aza and less of dunn rios and esp that over-hyped bum beckham

beckham isn't bad in the field. he has a good glove, but he needs to become a better hitter.

i still think rios is a solid player that had a down year and dunn, what can you say there. everyone was happy when he signed. i'd give dunn the first month of the season to dh and than based on those results decide what to do for may

i think the team overall is still talented and should be able to compete for the division next year without a ton of changes.

Beckham was pretty good in the field this year, but it was painful to watch him at the plate most of the season. He always looked overmatched.

Rios is a complete bum. He obviously has the talent, but just can't put it together mentally. There's a reason Toronto was willing to give him up for absolutely nothing in return. Kenny should be gone for that move alone. Not to mention the Peavy trade and just killing the farm system. Gio Gonzalex and Daniel Hudson sure would be good to have right about now. Oh yeah, and we'll probably lose Buehrle because of all the bullshit moves he has made. Fuck.
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    it was sad to see him go, but i think it is time to move on. time to rebuild and retool...i hope they play more flowers, viciedo and de aza and less of dunn rios and esp that over-hyped bum beckham

I can't stand Beckham!! I want to slap that smug look off his face every time I see him strike out.

IMO, Ozzie's problems ALL started when Big Bobby went to the other Sox... we should have never let him go.

bobby-jenks-and-ozzie-guillen-white-sox-e1298916757653.jpg?w=320
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Davidtrios wrote:

I can't stand Beckham!! I want to slap that smug look off his face every time I see him strike out.

IMO, Ozzie's problems ALL started when Big Bobby went to the other Sox... we should have never let him go.

RIP Big Bobby and Ozzie

It's official, Ozzie is a Marlin...i wonder what kind of compensation the sox will get?
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/index?id=7026341

"...the Marlins will send two minor leaguers to the White Sox. So, in effect, Guillen has been traded -- a rarity for managers and head coaches.
  • Options

Not a fan of Beckham either. How long before he is officially considered a bust? Also, he may want to spend a little less time enjoying the Chicago nightlife and a little more time working on his horseshit swing.

The problems started well before they decided to get rid of Jenks. Picking up Rios and trading for Peavy have absolutely killed this team and the payroll.
  • Options
    tonight might be mark bhuerle's last start in a white sox uniform...tickets start at .99/ea on stubhub :shock:

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-so ... 1-1004179/
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    tonight might be mark bhuerle's last start in a white sox uniform...tickets start at .99/ea on stubhub :shock:

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-so ... 1-1004179/

I totes want to go, but I'm too delicate to sit out in weather like this. So long Mark. :cry:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    yeah, if jenks were on the 2011 white sox, his 6.32 era in the 15.2 innings he pitched would have put the white sox over the top. :lol:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7285
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133
    phardin wrote:

Why is it a terrible decision? This team has under achieved for the past three years. Not saying it solely his fault, but its time for a change. ESPN is saying they're getting a minor league and major player in the deal too

I'm just not a fan of Kenny Williams. A majority of his moves the past few seasons have been awful. Prospects that he trades away do well and the ones that they keep don't do shit. Kenny/Ozzie both deserve the blame, but I would have kept Ozzie.

Heres my argument for Kenny over Ozzie, judging by the last two April's its clear he lost that team (April 2010 - 9-14, April 2011 - 10 -28). Starting a season limping out of the gate is on the manager and to burry yourself two seasons in a row in April is inexcusable. Also, fundamentally he isn't the right manager for this league and ballpark. The stars aligned in '05, but besides they first half of '06 they haven't been close since. He continues to manage the Sox like an NL team and you can't do that if you want to win in the AL. I can't begin to count the amount of times over the past few seasons that they ran themselves out an inning and out of runs. Also, the amount of times he would have a player bunt (i.e. alexi) who has no business bunting. Alexi is valuable swinging the bat, not trying to move along a runner with a sacrifice bunt. Not only that, I can't even think of a time in which Alexi actually got a bunt down. He usually just pops out to the catcher.

As far as Kenny; the Peavy move was just stupid and the Rios move was insanity. I think everything else was the right move. Even Dunn. If Dunn hits 40 HRs a year over the next three seasons, this year will be a distant memory. If he doesn't, the fact still remains that at the time the move made sense. I agree though, even though moves make sense on paper, if they don't pan out, then they're worthless. But in the case of Ozzie or Kenny, it had to be Ozzie.

I do love Ozzie though, I'll probably end up rooting for the Marlins because of Ozzie. But it was time for change.
  • Options
    phardin wrote:

Heres my argument for Kenny over Ozzie, judging by the last two April's its clear he lost that team (April 2010 - 9-14, April 2011 - 10 -28). Starting a season limping out of the gate is on the manager and to burry yourself two seasons in a row in April is inexcusable. Also, fundamentally he isn't the right manager for this league and ballpark. The stars aligned in '05, but besides they first half of '06 they haven't been close since. He continues to manage the Sox like an NL team and you can't do that if you want to win in the AL. I can't begin to count the amount of times over the past few seasons that they ran themselves out an inning and out of runs. Also, the amount of times he would have a player bunt (i.e. alexi) who has no business bunting. Alexi is valuable swinging the bat, not trying to move along a runner with a sacrifice bunt. Not only that, I can't even think of a time in which Alexi actually got a bunt down. He usually just pops out to the catcher.

As far as Kenny; the Peavy move was just stupid and the Rios move was insanity. I think everything else was the right move. Even Dunn. If Dunn hits 40 HRs a year over the next three seasons, this year will be a distant memory. If he doesn't, the fact still remains that at the time the move made sense. I agree though, even though moves make sense on paper, if they don't pan out, then they're worthless. But in the case of Ozzie or Kenny, it had to be Ozzie.

I do love Ozzie though, I'll probably end up rooting for the Marlins because of Ozzie. But it was time for change.

I don't see how the slow start out of the gate is completely on the manager. While Ozzie definitely deserves some of the blame for that, these are the players that Kenny has given him. A mentally weak bunch of guys who can't get a clutch hit or show up for a big game to save their lives. Never seen anything like this before.

Peavy and Rios moves are just plain ridiculous. Those 2 moves right there will make it almost impossible to resign Buehrle too. Hard to blame Kenny for signing Dunn...who could have seen that coming? You did forget to mention Gio Gonzalez and Daniel Hudson flourishing while prospects like Beckham and Morel haven't done shit. I do agree that a change definitely needed to be made. I would have rather seen Kenny go than Ozzie. Should be interesting to see who they bring in.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    i don't get the hate for Rios. he cost them nothing but a paycheck

he is a career 275 hitter that plays a solid center field.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    sox resign hawkaroo to 4 more years :?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    i don't get the hate for Rios. he cost them nothing but a paycheck

he is a career 275 hitter that plays a solid center field.

You must not watch much white sox baseball. He had one of the worst statistical seasons in baseball this year. And his defense wasn't even that great. He misplayed a LOT of balls in center field. Cost them a few games. Rios is one of those guys like JD Drew. It's obvious he has a ridiculous amount of talent, but can just never put it together. I blame Kenny more than Rios....that awful contract will prob cost the Sox Buehrle.
  • Options
    I get that he had a bad year, but when you look at his career, its been solid
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Sorry for the rant...I just cant stand Rios. Hes been OK. He's just way overpaid....that part isn't his fault. He just signed the contract. Toronto was dumb enough to give that contract to him and The White Sox were even dumber to take that contract on.

It just kills me that moves like this and Peavy are going to cause the Sox to lose a guy like Buehrle. I don't see Reinsdorf opening up the checkbook again this offseason after this year's debacle.
  • Options
    81 wrote:

Sorry for the rant...I just cant stand Rios. Hes been OK. He's just way overpaid....that part isn't his fault. He just signed the contract. Toronto was dumb enough to give that contract to him and The White Sox were even dumber to take that contract on.

It just kills me that moves like this and Peavy are going to cause the Sox to lose a guy like Buehrle. I don't see Reinsdorf opening up the checkbook again this offseason after this year's debacle.

fair enough.

defiantly over paid for what he has produced.

i feel like Buehrle will be back, but outside of that, i agree, i don't see Jerry spending much.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Guess all we have to hold onto now is our 2005 championship DVDs.. Oh, Ozzie..

Too bad they didn't make DVD's in 1908.. or the invention of radio for that matter. :lol:

8-)
  • Options
    Gob wrote:
    Guess all we have to hold onto now is our 2005 championship DVDs.. Oh, Ozzie..

Too bad they didn't make DVD's in 1908.. or the invention of radio for that matter. :lol:

8-)

the worst thing......

they didn't get a trophy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Chris Sale will likely be a starter next year...will he win 17-20??? 8-)
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:

7-10 might be more realisitc with this squad. :lol:

any word on the magager search? Is it Terry time?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

7-10 might be more realisitc with this squad. :lol:

any word on the magager search? Is it Terry time?

i think the sox are closer to re-hiring terry "boom boom" bennington than terry F....i know francona was is the org in the 90s (managed MJ at AA Birmingham) but i dont see the sox ponying up the big $$ to lure him...plus, does he really wanna coach this average team?...
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Robin and i'm here to manage your white sox
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    wow, that came out of left field...he seems like the complete opposite of ozzie
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Huh?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Huh?

Robin Ventura is the new manager of the Sox....or is the huh...as in why is he the new manager.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Huh?

Robin Ventura is the new manager of the Sox....or is the huh...as in why is he the new manager.

As in why is he the new manager. Bizarre.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Huh?

As in why is he the new manager. Bizarre.

Very bizarre. I still can't believe this is for real. I love Ventura as a player, but to hire him w/ no managing experience at all?? Very risky move.
  • Options
    agreed...doesn't make a ton of sense.

he could be a stop gap as they try and rebuild the team....i can see the sox getting BAD.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    agreed...doesn't make a ton of sense.

he could be a stop gap as they try and rebuild the team....i can see the sox getting BAD.

If this trend of the veterans like Dunn and Rios playing like absolute shit and not getting much out of younger guys like Beckahm continues, it could get really bad. Combine that w/ losing at least a couple guys out of Buehrle, Danks, Floyd and Quentin AND a first time manager. Shit.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    according to670 reporter david shuster, KW seriously considered PKonerko as player/manager :crazy:
    Post edited by davidtrios on