Options

***CHICAGO WHITE SOX***

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I better get myself some Digiorno for dinner!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    i couldnt stay up long enough for the finish but at least they won.

5 triples last night- first time since 1920.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
    I am tired as shit this morning. Stayed up and finished the game last night. I am not crisp. We need a sweep damni it!!! Hopefully we can be over 500 for more than 24 hours.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    I am tired as shit this morning. Stayed up and finished the game last night. I am not crisp. We need a sweep damni it!!! Hopefully we can be over 500 for more than 24 hours.

I tried to stay up, but couldnt make it. I passed out after Paulie grounded into that double play to end the 10th.

Nice to finally be above .500! We need 8 innings from Buehrle tonight...the bullpen is cashed after last night.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

I tried to stay up, but couldnt make it. I passed out after Paulie grounded into that double play to end the 10th.

Nice to finally be above .500! We need 8 innings from Buehrle tonight...the bullpen is cashed after last night.

Yeah they are. Speaking of bullpens I saw Sergio Santos walking past my hotel yesterday (before the game) with his wife who is beautiful. He had a mean limp...didn't look good.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    how bad is the central?

sox should be a good 10 games out
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    how bad is the central?

sox should be a good 10 games out

Fucking terrible.

I hate this white sox team. Such a cocktease. Get you a little excited by going on a little streak, but then leave you hanging like losing the last 2. Fucking brutal.
  • Options
    This might be the most annoying team ever!!!
  • Options
    5 games out with 30 to go (including 3 vs Det)...what are the odds they steal the central?
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Davidtrios wrote:
    5 games out with 30 to go (including 3 vs Det)...what are the odds they steal the central?

slim to none

it's football season.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

slim to none

it's football season.....

This team is driving me fucking crazy. Same shit over and over. Play good for a week and get back to .500 or a couple games above, then look like shit for a few games. If they can sweep the Twins and then take the series in Detroit, then I'll start to believe. Although Ozzie has finally realized that Dunn should not be in the lineup. Dont know why it took 5 fucking months to figure that out.
  • Options
    i agree...and why wasnt dayan up earlier? de aza was called up and he's been good.flowers has been hitting too.

27 straight games vs the central then 3 vs toronto to finish the season (who the fuck makes these schedules anyway?)

if they crush it in sept, who is to say they cant carry that into the pla...

im getting ahead of my self...
  • Options
    let the season go. it's over. they are not winning the central, they are not going to the playoffs. they are rebuilidng.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    what is guillen thinkin

a. rios at cleanup ever since quentin got hurt
    b. pinch hitting for lillibridge last night when
    1.he homered earlier in the game
    2. he's hit a homer off Nathan in the past
    c. using DUNN as a pinch hitter for brent!

:evil:
  • Options
    hehe
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    what is guillen thinkin

a. rios at cleanup ever since quentin got hurt
    b. pinch hitting for lillibridge last night when
    1.he homered earlier in the game
    2. he's hit a homer off Nathan in the past
    c. using DUNN as a pinch hitter for brent!

:evil:

I've been defending Ozzie for years, but I just can't do it anymore. Why the fuck would you pinch-hit the worst hitter in baseball in a key situation like that in the 9th???? The fact that he continued to put Rios/Dunn in this lineup on a regular basis all year long just blows my fucking mind. I think Jerry should clean house. Get rid of that arrogant prick Kenny Williams and get rid of Ozzie who has obviously lost his damn mind.
  • Options
    This season has been a gigantic dissappointment, but I am enjoying completely owning the Twins just a little bit.
  • Options
    ya, its cool seeing them finally lose some games to the sox but they are a different team from the past. mauer has 1 homer, morneau cant shake the cobwebs out and they let go their entire pen go last off-season.
  • Options
    are you people still watching this crap :?

IT'S OVAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    im not watching this crap i just hear about them on the radio sometimes. btw, i hear rios has been red hot lately. just in time! :evil:
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    are you people still watching this crap :?

IT'S OVAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha...I was watching some last night. It is crap, but I have learned that watching with the sound off makes it a lot mor enjoyable. Plus, I can't help but love watching baseball.
  • Options
    This season has been a gigantic dissappointment, but I am enjoying completely owning the Twins just a little bit.

That's great if we really were the Twins. We're the glorified Rochester Red Wings and have been most of the season.
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    2012 schedule is out.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... full.story

May has a brutal stretch with home games vs detroit, than @ tge angles for two and than back to chicago to play at wrigley with no off days in there. Ouch

8 vs boston as well, although they have done well agaist them recently
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    2012 schedule is out.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... full.story

May has a brutal stretch with home games vs detroit, than @ tge angles for two and than back to chicago to play at wrigley with no off days in there. Ouch

8 vs boston as well, although they have done well agaist them recently

That May stretch is brutal...you gotta wonder what the hell these schedule makers are thinking sometimes. Doesn't help that the asshole Cubs can't play Friday night games...

I think I may be making the trip out to LA when they play the Dodgers. Have a friend that lives out there plus I've been dying to see Dodger Stadium. Lets just hope I don't get my ass kicked for wearing a Sox jersey.
  • Options
    phardinphardin Posts: 133

Why is it a terrible decision? This team has under achieved for the past three years. Not saying it solely his fault, but its time for a change. ESPN is saying they're getting a minor league and major player in the deal too
  • Options
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    phardin wrote:

Why is it a terrible decision? This team has under achieved for the past three years. Not saying it solely his fault, but its time for a change. ESPN is saying they're getting a minor league and major player in the deal too

I'm just not a fan of Kenny Williams. A majority of his moves the past few seasons have been awful. Prospects that he trades away do well and the ones that they keep don't do shit. Kenny/Ozzie both deserve the blame, but I would have kept Ozzie.
  • Options
    it was sad to see him go, but i think it is time to move on. time to rebuild and retool...i hope they play more flowers, viciedo and de aza and less of dunn rios and esp that over-hyped bum beckham
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    it was sad to see him go, but i think it is time to move on. time to rebuild and retool...i hope they play more flowers, viciedo and de aza and less of dunn rios and esp that over-hyped bum beckham

beckham isn't bad in the field. he has a good glove, but he needs to become a better hitter.

i still think rios is a solid player that had a down year and dunn, what can you say there. everyone was happy when he signed. i'd give dunn the first month of the season to dh and than based on those results decide what to do for may

i think the team overall is still talented and should be able to compete for the division next year without a ton of changes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg