The Chicago Cubs..Please Just Go Away!!!

Comments

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Man I remember that day like it was yesterday...feel bad for bartman. As a cub fan i was pissed but am smart enough to know it was the players on the field who didnt get the job done. The error by gonzo was bigger. I have always felt that. Prior and the rest of the staff didnt get the job done. The bats, game 5,6, and 7 went silent. I Dont buy into the curse bullshit..and Im greek!!

Espn failed to mention that alou used to piss on his hands before games...i know its irrelavant in the bartman story but the story should be told!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    I was at the Bartman game.

Everything that they said in Catching Hell about the crowd was true. You could feel all of the hope sucked out of the stadium after the foul ball. The crowd was stunned into silence after the 8th inning. People were even leaving the game early - even when the Cubs still had 6 outs let. Imagine how stupid those people would have felt if the Cubs would have come back.

Bartman got a raw deal.
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Everything that they said in Catching Hell about the crowd was true. You could feel all of the hope sucked out of the stadium after the foul ball. The crowd was stunned into silence after the 8th inning. People were even leaving the game early - even when the Cubs still had 6 outs let. Imagine how stupid those people would have felt if the Cubs would have come back.

Bartman got a raw deal.

Yea I was down the street at a friends house doing some shots as we were about to walk down to the park when all hell broke loose that inning. Needless to say we stayed put.
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Wma31394 wrote:
    PJ-Cubs wrote:

Bartman got a raw deal.

Yea I was down the street at a friends house doing some shots as we were about to walk down to the park when all hell broke loose that inning. Needless to say we stayed put.

It was insane at Wrigley that night. The streets were packed with people and the police were getting the riot gear ready.

I still remember the boxes of Chicago Cubs World Series t-shirts that were stacked in the merch booths right before the 8th inning.
  • reading this thread is making me sick to my stomaj. :oops:

It's even worse knowing that they have ZERO chance of being good next year.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    PJ-Cubs wrote:
    It was insane at Wrigley that night. The streets were packed with people and the police were getting the riot gear ready.

I still remember the boxes of Chicago Cubs World Series t-shirts that were stacked in the merch booths right before the 8th inning.

that was an interesting shot with all the horse mounted police. i wonder if Alou has spotted any of those shirts in teh Dominican Republic since those unused shirts typically get donated to poor parts of the world. hmmm
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    yea it was a good special..the only point i felt bartman looked scared was in the tunnel before they covered him up. That security guard lady said it best when she said he was the perfect scapegoat. I also liked how fox before the next game circled everyone that attempted to catch the ball. Anyone who says they would not have gone after that ball in his excact spot is b.s.
    Wma31394 wrote:
    yea it was a good special..the only point i felt bartman looked scared was in the tunnel before they covered him up. That security guard lady said it best when she said he was the perfect scapegoat. I also liked how fox before the next game circled everyone that attempted to catch the ball. Anyone who says they would not have gone after that ball in his excact spot is b.s.

who was the guy next to him..looney i think it was...anyways, he says when he saw alou coming he pulled his hands back, but if you look at the vid...he was still reaching up for it. now the guy to Bartmans left did pull his hands back.

i found it interesting that he was there with 2 friends and they weren't able to switch seats to sit beside one anouther. seems like it would have been an easy trade with the couple between them. weird.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wma31394 wrote:

It seemed like in the immediate aftermath everyone rationally pointed to Gonzalez's error and to everyone else trying to catch the ball. It's in the years since that the lazy media has turned into this poor guy wrecking their whole season. Nobody ever talks about Wood sucking in Game 7 either.

That was perhaps the most unbelievable inning I've ever seen.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    wild pitch, double play error. cubs fans :lol:

that poor dude. i DVR'd the special, but do they make mention of where he is today? witness projection program? in hiding? still in illinois?
    rival. wrote:
    wild pitch, double play error. cubs fans :lol:

that poor dude. i DVR'd the special, but do they make mention of where he is today? witness projection program? in hiding? still in illinois?

yeah they did.

he still lives and works in the chicago area...with JTH's wife. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Wait till next year.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Wait till next year.....
    103 in the books....next up....104
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cracks me up....

Theo to the Cubs??
    Who gives a fuck? Thats gonna change things?

PLEASE!!!!

The Cubs are nothing but a fucking disease.
    They will always be nothing but a fucking disease........

Next year could/should...and WILL be worse than 2011......

Soriano is a piece of shit...
    Soto and his .210 batting average can go fuck himself....
    Marmol is another head case....
    Who is going to play 1st??
    Ramirez is leaving?? Who is going to play 3rd??
    Who the fuck is playing right field?
    Byrd is decent...But
    Barney had a decent rookie season....But he sure looks a lot like Theriot.....Who wasnt good enough for the Cubs....
    Zambrano should be given his release papers TODAY!!!!!

The fucking disease known as the Cubs.....May lose 100 games next year....
    :lol:

Soto....the modern Jerome Walton. :lol:
    Did Aramis even play third the last couple of years. :lol:

the next gm better have a solid 3-5 year plan. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Wait till next year.....
    103 in the books....next up....104
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • psstt.next year is cubs year...after my night visit there...the got the winner guts.. 8-)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 81 wrote:

I would re-sign Ramirez...
    Give him 3 years at whatever you have to give him...

Thats just me....

Without his offense....
    This team could lose 120 games....

But I get the point that with him....
    This team can still lose 100 games...

But if it were me...
    I would give him a 3 year deal....
    you are crazy...i would let aram walk. you're not gonna compete in the next 3 years. guy doesn't play hard and imo, isn't a great teammate. i'd rather go find a journyman 3rd baseman for a couple of seasons or see what is in the minors.....unless of course, you can get a trade clause put into his contract. :lol:

otherwise, it would be like giving 10M to a first baseman for one year....waste of money.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I dont think soto is banging sandbergs wife like walton did!! :lol::lol:
  • Wma31394 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I dont think soto is banging sandbergs wife like walton did!! :lol::lol:
    They were ALL banging Sandbergs wife.....
    psstt.next year is cubs year...after my night visit there...the got the winner guts.. 8-)

Please use all your energy to help Olympiakos win some champions league games!!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    edited September 2011
    Wma31394 wrote:
    psstt.next year is cubs year...after my night visit there...the got the winner guts.. 8-)

Please use all your energy to help Olympiakos win some champions league games!!!
    i dont give a fuckin rats ass for Olympiakos......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe5bMh3W ... re=related
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    81 wrote:
    you are crazy...i would let aram walk. you're not gonna compete in the next 3 years. guy doesn't play hard and imo, isn't a great teammate. i'd rather go find a journyman 3rd baseman for a couple of seasons or see what is in the minors.....unless of course, you can get a trade clause put into his contract. :lol:

otherwise, it would be like giving 10M to a first baseman for one year....waste of money.

Yea I would let arimis go..he will prolly find his way down to miami with zambrano to play with ozzie.

Sorianos contract is done right? The cubs need so much I dont even know where to start. Its gonna be a long way back to the playoffs for them.
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Sorianos contract is done right? .

he's got like anouther 10 years left on it. :lol: maybe not 10, but 3 or 4
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Sorianos contract is done right? .

he's got like anouther 10 years left on it. :lol: maybe not 10, but 3 or 4

Shit your right..hes on until 2014..19 mil a year...wow!!!
    Wma31394 wrote:

i dont give a fuckin rats ass for Olympiakos......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe5bMh3W ... re=related

I figured I would get that response!!! Video is crazy!
  • Wma31394 wrote:

I figured I would get that response!!! Video is crazy!
    this how we rock out at seated shows.....hehe
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbf ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ8w4ab4 ... re=related
  • WOO HOO!!!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    WOO HOO!!!!!

hey...at least they did better than Houston :?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
This discussion has been closed.