Do men REALLY enjoy sleeping around?

Comments

• rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    scb wrote:
    The following advice was just given from one man to a younger man in another thread:

"stay single and fuck as many as girls while you are young."

And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do. My experience has taught me that meaningless sex usually just isn't that good.

haha i'm the "younger man!" thanks!
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    the wolf wrote:
    scb wrote:
    The following advice was just given from one man to a younger man in another thread:

And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do. My experience has taught me that meaningless sex usually just isn't that good.

I'm not going to even bother reading all the replies here, but my answer is no. without a doubt NO.

I look back at the amount of woman ( and even girls when i was a teenager ) that I COULD have had sex with and I'm glad I didn't.

maybe I'm just to ............... I don't know what word I'm look for. :lol: maybe I'm just not that damn Macho when it comes to shit like that.

the chicks that I did have meaningless sex with, I wish I hadnt. The number of woman I could have had meaningless sex with is staggering compared to the amount of woman I actually had sex with.

my friends used to give me shit about that, I don't care. just not my style.

to each their own though.

well since i'm apparently the "younger man" who the original poster referenced to, i thought i should share my idea on this subject.

at my age, i have the countless group of friends who just sleep around with each other and casually fuck. the accounts of intercourse that everyone else hears about in my high school are the ones guys have with the really slutty girls, and vice versa. now i mean at age 16-18 the only thing guys think about is sex and will literally stick their junk in anything (and i mean anything). they don't seem to care that they had sex with the notorious gross slutty girl who's been with dozens of other guys aging from 16-25. they're just satisfied.

with me, though, i don't want that reputation. it's hard enough going to a school of 600 students in total and hearing everyday about who hooked up with who. i don't want to have a reputation or be linked with any girl who is a slut. all my guy friends are always like "oh come on man go hook up with her. she wants you." and i'm just like dude i barely know the girl, she's not at all a least bit attractive, and i don't want to have that reputation.

i feel like guys my age who do quote "sleep around" are just lazy and will literally take whatever they can get.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    scb wrote:

haha i'm the "younger man!" thanks!

Didn't want to hijack your other thread, so I thought I'd start a new one. :)
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    the wolf wrote:
    scb wrote:

I'm not going to even bother reading all the replies here, but my answer is no. without a doubt NO.

I look back at the amount of woman ( and even girls when i was a teenager ) that I COULD have had sex with and I'm glad I didn't.

maybe I'm just to ............... I don't know what word I'm look for. :lol: maybe I'm just not that damn Macho when it comes to shit like that.

the chicks that I did have meaningless sex with, I wish I hadnt. The number of woman I could have had meaningless sex with is staggering compared to the amount of woman I actually had sex with.

my friends used to give me shit about that, I don't care. just not my style.

to each their own though.

well since i'm apparently the "younger man" who the original poster referenced to, i thought i should share my idea on this subject.

at my age, i have the countless group of friends who just sleep around with each other and casually fuck. the accounts of intercourse that everyone else hears about in my high school are the ones guys have with the really slutty girls, and vice versa. now i mean at age 16-18 the only thing guys think about is sex and will literally stick their junk in anything (and i mean anything). they don't seem to care that they had sex with the notorious gross slutty girl who's been with dozens of other guys aging from 16-25. they're just satisfied.

with me, though, i don't want that reputation. it's hard enough going to a school of 600 students in total and hearing everyday about who hooked up with who. i don't want to have a reputation or be linked with any girl who is a slut. all my guy friends are always like "oh come on man go hook up with her. she wants you." and i'm just like dude i barely know the girl, she's not at all a least bit attractive, and i don't want to have that reputation.

i feel like guys my age who do quote "sleep around" are just lazy and will literally take whatever they can get.

good for you man. serious. :clap::clap:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Starfall wrote:
    I don't enjoy sleeping around, period. My penis does not dictate how I should live my life.

I remember the one time I slept with some random woman I'd met that night, I woke up the next day feeling ... dirty, almost...like I had been emotionally or psychically drained. So never again. Every one since then I'd been really close to, friends or more serious relationships.

As for average looking men being better in bed... I feel that it would be self-serving of me to comment one way or the other, so I'll pass. :lol:
    Since I'll be divorced soon, and having been with only one man for many years. It sounds so refreshing to hear that some men do have respect for women as well as themselves...
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    My perspective on this.......

The last long term relationship I had was 5 years and I reckon I cheated on her with at least 10 other girls/ladies. At this stage I was aged in my mid 20's.

I to this day feel so incredibly guilty about this its not funny (5 years after breaking up). Maybe its an age thing I dont know but back then Id 'pick up' anywhere. Nowadays it hardly registers to me that there are single women in a bar/pub etc and I literally need a female to take her skirt off in front of me before I know she is interested.

In the 5 years Ive been single Ive had minimal action.....I tend to think I beat myself up about the cheating so much it changed my outlook/attitude. Weird hey!!!!!!!!!

I used to always be happy to have a few on the side. Now I just want one loving woman :cry:

Ill never cheat again
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited January 2010
    DonJon wrote:

The last long term relationship I had was 5 years and I reckon I cheated on her with at least 10 other girls/ladies. At this stage I was aged in my mid 20's.

I to this day feel so incredibly guilty about this its not funny (5 years after breaking up). Maybe its an age thing I dont know but back then Id 'pick up' anywhere. Nowadays it hardly registers to me that there are single women in a bar/pub etc and I literally need a female to take her skirt off in front of me before I know she is interested.

In the 5 years Ive been single Ive had minimal action.....I tend to think I beat myself up about the cheating so much it changed my outlook/attitude. Weird hey!!!!!!!!!

I used to always be happy to have a few on the side. Now I just want one loving woman :cry:

Ill never cheat again

hey, at least you learned from it yeah ? no use in beating yourself up over it now.

good luck man. it will happen.
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    DonJon wrote:

Ill never cheat again

Nawwww DonJon......give me a hug! :P I just spent 2 weeks touring with you in Nov/Dec and you fucking rock....when you find that one loving woman, she's going to be a fucking lucky chick! Seriously....

....but if she doesn't let you do the next tour with me, I may be forced to bash her....just giving you the heads up now! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    norm wrote:
    ya know, it isn't like these guys sleep with other guys ;)

there are plenty of women who like meaningless sex, no? :think:

Sometimes Norm, That is what college was for...
    the wolf wrote:
    good for you man. serious. :clap::clap:

haha and to you too my friend.

and scb...don't worry about it. well done with this one.
    Starfall wrote:
    I don't enjoy sleeping around, period. My penis does not dictate how I should live my life.

I remember the one time I slept with some random woman I'd met that night, I woke up the next day feeling ... dirty, almost...like I had been emotionally or psychically drained. So never again. Every one since then I'd been really close to, friends or more serious relationships.

As for average looking men being better in bed... I feel that it would be self-serving of me to comment one way or the other, so I'll pass. :lol:
    Since I'll be divorced soon, and having been with only one man for many years. It sounds so refreshing to hear that some men do have respect for women as well as themselves...
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :thumbup:

I wholeheartedly agree! We need more men like Starfall and the wolf and rhcpjam1029 around here! :D :thumbup:
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited January 2010
    scb wrote:
    And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do.
    scb wrote:
    it's the men, not the women, who are in pursuit of all this meaningless sex and who are advising other men that it's valuable. You hardly hear women giving that kind of advice.

I think it would be more appropriate to say that women "have" meaningless sex than that they "like" it. Just because they give in to men's advances, doesn't mean they really like it - certainly not enough to make it a life's pursuit.
    scb wrote:
    (I wonder, too, if some women picked this idea of making up for lost time up from male culture.)
    scb wrote:
    I could just do a better job myself without some hairy, sweaty man to please.)

wow. a perfectly timed norm quote from a while back fits well here:
    "soulsinging where are you???" :D

At least you thru this in:
    scb wrote:
    These are all just total generalizations, of course, and I'm sure there are outliers on both sides.

you were just accused of...err....misterogyny just yesterday (two threads on the train)...you seemed to imply an anti-male sentiment in the male prostitution thread (which I tried to clarify and you ignored). Now this?
    I think its ironic that you always seem to be championing female sexual health, and defending female sexual choice, yet your posts seem to have this undercurrent of negativity and pessimism towards men. I mean...the whole premise of this thread is...what? Your inclination to think that if men say we enjoy sleeping around, we must be lying?....we don't REALLY enjoy it because you don't enjoy it?

Anyway - I can't answer your thread until you define 'sleeping around'. How many women should I have nailed in the four years since my divorce in order to qualify as someone who sleeps around?
    Remember, I'm a guy, so the number should be substantially higher than it would be for you ;)
    Post edited by Drowned Out on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Black-12 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    ya know, it isn't like these guys sleep with other guys ;)

there are plenty of women who like meaningless sex, no? :think:

Sometimes Norm, That is what college was for...

sometimes?? besides drinking and drugs, what else is college for? :? :P :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

i think he let his membership lapse

but you're doing fine filling in! ;) :shock: :lol::lol:
    Remember, I'm a guy, so the number should be substantially higher than it would be for you ;)

hahaha!! :lol:

I like this guy!! :thumbup:
    scb wrote:
    I think it would be more appropriate to say that women "have" meaningless sex than that they "like" it. Just because they give in to men's advances, doesn't mean they really like it - certainly not enough to make it a life's pursuit.

Because we "give in" to men's advances?! WTF? And we have sex but it doesn't mean we like it!? You're making women sound like weak, brainless fuckwits.

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be female.....seriously.....I hate being lumped in a group with other females....I should have been born a man.
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

Ill never cheat again

Nawwww DonJon......give me a hug! :P I just spent 2 weeks touring with you in Nov/Dec and you fucking rock....when you find that one loving woman, she's going to be a fucking lucky chick! Seriously....

....but if she doesn't let you do the next tour with me, I may be forced to bash her....just giving you the heads up now! :mrgreen:

I wont be marrying no women that doesnt let me drink beer, surf, follow Pearl Jam or done the odd scoobie ;)

Yeah was telling my mates on the weekend that 2010 is the year for me to take the blinkers off and stop being standoffish towards chicks. Most of them have always said Ill meet Mrs glamour/intelligence and then they'd wanna leave their wives for mine :? :lol:

Maybe until this happens I should start sleeping around again ;) - get some practice in ya know 8-)
    scb wrote:
    And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do.
    scb wrote:
    it's the men, not the women, who are in pursuit of all this meaningless sex and who are advising other men that it's valuable. You hardly hear women giving that kind of advice.

scb wrote:
    (I wonder, too, if some women picked this idea of making up for lost time up from male culture.)
    scb wrote:
    I could just do a better job myself without some hairy, sweaty man to please.)

wow. a perfectly timed norm quote from a while back fits well here:

At least you thru this in:
    scb wrote:
    These are all just total generalizations, of course, and I'm sure there are outliers on both sides.

you were just accused of...err....misterogyny just yesterday (two threads on the train)...you seemed to imply an anti-male sentiment in the male prostitution thread (which I tried to clarify and you ignored). Now this?
    I think its ironic that you always seem to be championing female sexual health, and defending female sexual choice, yet your posts seem to have this undercurrent of negativity and pessimism towards men. I mean...the whole premise of this thread is...what? Your inclination to think that if men say we enjoy sleeping around, we must be lying?....we don't REALLY enjoy it because you don't enjoy it?

Anyway - I can't answer your thread until you define 'sleeping around'. How many women should I have nailed in the four years since my divorce in order to qualify as someone who sleeps around?

I think it's a legitimate question. A guy in another thread advised a younger guy to have sex with as many women as he could. I've heard that advice given multiple times on this board. Personally, I've found meaningless sex to be generally less physically pleasurable than meaningful sex. I wondered if the men giving this advice (or other men) ever felt the same way. I asked a simple question. The question was whether or not men enjoy sleeping around, not whether men who already said they enjoyed sleeping around were lying. Contrary to what you seem to believe, I don't stereotype all men based on the comments of a few. So the premise of this thread was to ask men how they feel, rather than making any assumptions. You'll note that several men have agreed with me.

As far as any undercurrent of negativity and pessimism toward men is concerned, I just report what I observe. Do you disagree? Have you seen as many posts of women telling younger women to sleep with as many men as they can as you've seen men giving that advice to other men?

You can define "sleeping around" as you'd like. Given the context, I obviously meant it to fall into the same category as the goal of having sex with as many women as possible, or sex purely for the sake of getting laid.
    DonJon wrote:

I wont be marrying no women that doesnt let me drink beer, surf, follow Pearl Jam or done the odd scoobie ;)

And this is why I love you! :D
    DonJon wrote:
    Maybe until this happens I should start sleeping around again ;) - get some practice in ya know 8-)

DJ, fuck around as much as you want while you can, I say! I've been fucking the same person for 11 years....get as many chicks in as you can, DonJon.....DO IT!!! Read my lips --- as -- many -- as -- you -- can -- while -- you -- can! :lol: Good ones though....no shockers! You still need standards.

That's it -- tonight go find a chick, have sex and then report back here and tell us all whether you REALLY enjoyed it. 8-)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be female.

Hey! Finally something we can agree on! ;)
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

DonJon wrote:

DJ, fuck around as much as you want while you can, I say! I've been fucking the same person for 11 years....get as many chicks in as you can, DonJon.....DO IT!!! Read my lips --- as -- many -- as -- you -- can -- while -- you -- can! :lol: Good ones though....no shockers! You still need standards.

That's it -- tonight go find a chick, have sex and then report back here and tell us all whether you REALLY enjoyed it. 8-)

Haha Ive def got standards. I passed a few tubbies thru at the pub over the years and they call me Mr Untouchable. I dont have the heart to tell them that the chicks were pigs - as they know each other :lol::lol:

Ill report back after the weekend 8-)
  • zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    DonJon wrote:

Yeah was telling my mates on the weekend that 2010 is the year for me to take the blinkers off and stop being standoffish towards chicks.

:? this from the guy who (along with roberto) managed to point out every pretty girl out where ever we went :lol:
    impatience is a gift ........
    zenith wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

Yeah was telling my mates on the weekend that 2010 is the year for me to take the blinkers off and stop being standoffish towards chicks.

:? this from the guy who (along with roberto) managed to point out every pretty girl out where ever we went :lol:

DonJon.....what the fuck were you doing?! You should have been trying to bang them!! :lol:
    edited January 2010
    and my perspective on this ... most (read this word again all the guys i know here who are going to have a pouty now) guys ive ever known think primarily with their dicks .... and perhaps they dont always act on it - but they certainly think about it, and if the opportunity arises and they think theres a fair chance they'll get away with it they will. everytime.

then again - every guy ive ever been involved with has been pretty much an asshole ... i have this amazing talent for picking the most fucked up, baggage heavy, issue ladden guy in the room. everytime. in fact im sure i have a neon sign over my head .... "if you have a drug/mental/commitment problem, just apply here please"
    Post edited by zenith on
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    zenith wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

DonJon.....what the fuck were you doing?! You should have been trying to bang them!! :lol:

it was lovely for my ego believe me :roll: :lol:
  • its a hard habit to break for sure... for so long were programmed to think thats what makes you "cool" (high school / college)... as soon as we start jerkin off its all we can think about... its rewarding in the way any addictive high is... but in reality i find it just as satisfying - in more of a masochistic way - to resist those temptations for the sake of someone you actually care about... sometimes the more immediate, physical reward of those bad decisions arent as worthwhile as behaving (tempting week without the gf :? )

short answer... men love sleeping around
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    scb wrote:
    I think it's a legitimate question. A guy in another thread advised a younger guy to have sex with as many women as he could. I've heard that advice given multiple times on this board. Personally, I've found meaningless sex to be generally less physically pleasurable than meaningful sex. I wondered if the men giving this advice (or other men) ever felt the same way. I asked a simple question. The question was whether or not men enjoy sleeping around, not whether men who already said they enjoyed sleeping around were lying. .
    You asked if we REALLY enjoy sleeping around.
    then (again) :
    That's another way of saying 'do men lie about how much pleasure they derive from meaningless sex', is it not?
    I have no problem with the question...generally, no... I don't think that men put on a show in regards to their enjoyment of casual sex...if they didn't enjoy it, they probably wouldn't bring it up. I think the difference is, men are less likely to brag to others about great sex with a committed partner. That just makes other guys want to sleep with our girls ;)...
    scb wrote:
    Contrary to what you seem to believe, I don't stereotype all men based on the comments of a few. So the premise of this thread was to ask men how they feel, rather than making any assumptions. You'll note that several men have agreed with me...
    Agree with you on what? That men don't enjoy sleeping around? Or that we're more likely to sleep around? Or....what? That meaningless sex is less fulfilling? I think most guys, like girls, whether they sleep around or not, would tell you that sex with a person they care about is usually better. But if they disagree, it doesn't mean you need to be suspicious!
    scb wrote:
    As far as any undercurrent of negativity and pessimism toward men is concerned, I just report what I observe. Do you disagree? Have you seen as many posts of women telling younger women to sleep with as many men as they can as you've seen men giving that advice to other men?.
    Is this a contest? No, I haven't. In fact, I never have. Cause no woman (except maybe ziggy) would ever say that here...why? Cause men are assholes and would be disrespectful to the woman, I would guess....right? :P But lets not pretend this gets said between men all the time. Most men have standards and encourage their friends to, too. The advice is usually more along the lines of "enjoy being single and free", not "fuck everything that moves".
    scb wrote:
    You can define "sleeping around" as you'd like. Given the context, I obviously meant it to fall into the same category as the goal of having sex with as many women as possible, or sex purely for the sake of getting laid.
    What are a single persons' options? Risk friendships? Wait for 'the one'? I know you're not preaching abstinence...
    For me, it's never as simple as 'just getting laid'. I don't take every chance I get, and have been single for a long time, so every once in a while...it's just nice to have some company, ya know? It's as much about companionship as anything for me. The women I've dated seem to initiate sex a lot more often than I do....Either way, IMO, it says f all about my respect for women or for myself if I sleep with them (to address another comment - by HSB - that always irks me!)....
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DonJon wrote:

DonJon wrote:

SO...I'm interested on the current status of "Project Don-Jon DOne"...has he got a spy cam, we want cold(or HOT!!) hard :o evidence dude!!!!

Boy am I sad, I have live out my hopes ever getting laid agin through someone I've never met on an internet forum!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

On that note I better go pour another jager!!!
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Starfall wrote:

You're good looking...need some lessons??
    Save room for dessert!
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    zenith wrote:
    and my perspective on this ... most (read this word again all the guys i know here who are going to have a pouty now) guys ive ever known think primarily with their dicks .... and perhaps they dont always act on it - but they certainly think about it, and if the opportunity arises and they think theres a fair chance they'll get away with it they will. everytime.

then again - every guy ive ever been involved with has been pretty much an asshole ... i have this amazing talent for picking the most fucked up, baggage heavy, issue ladden guy in the room. everytime. in fact im sure i have a neon sign over my head .... "if you have a drug/mental/commitment problem, just apply here please"

I am completely committed to my drug and mental problems. Where do I apply again?
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/