Do men REALLY enjoy sleeping around?

__ Posts: 6,651
edited January 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
The following advice was just given from one man to a younger man in another thread:

"stay single and fuck as many as girls while you are young."

And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do. My experience has taught me that meaningless sex usually just isn't that good.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• missislesmissisles Posts: 539
    i instantly though PIG

but then again i did

then again im a girl :P
    but regardless

pig.
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but no, I do not enjoy sleeping around. I'm just sick and tired of it.

And in retrospect, if I could do the last 7 years over again, I wouldn't have slept with as many women as I have.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ya know, it isn't like these guys sleep with other guys ;)

there are plenty of women who like meaningless sex, no? :think:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    i"m drunk right now :oops:

me being drunk and have the ability to posts= not good for the board
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    scb wrote:

Morally, it's horrible. But in practice, I agree.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    metsfan wrote:

You must be drunk a lot then!

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :mrgreen:
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

You must be drunk a lot then!

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :mrgreen:
    shhhh your blowing my cover

C'MON MAN

i have a friend who ive known for years
    she used to be engaged and they broke it off 12 months ago

shes been (as she puts it) "making up for lost time"

i understand wanting to get back out there

but theirs a difference between getting back out there and what shes doing

shes gone through more guys in 12 months then i have in 29 years

shes changing
    and i dont like the new her :roll:

so its not just males. i know this
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    norm wrote:
    ya know, it isn't like these guys sleep with other guys ;)

there are plenty of women who like meaningless sex, no? :think:

Point taken.

But I would argue that it's the men, not the women, who are in pursuit of all this meaningless sex and who are advising other men that it's valuable. You hardly hear women giving that kind of advice.

I think it would be more appropriate to say that women "have" meaningless sex than that they "like" it. Just because they give in to men's advances, doesn't mean they really like it - certainly not enough to make it a life's pursuit.

These are all just total generalizations, of course, and I'm sure there are outliers on both sides.

But I wonder if men like the idea of lots of sex with lots of women more than they like the experience of it. And I wonder if some of the guys who give this advice (present company excluded) give it not because they've done it and enjoyed it, but because they haven't done it and think they must have missed out on something.
    metsfan wrote:

Hahaha... brought up an interesting question though, if you ask me!

On that note, I think maybe I'll get drunk now! :D
    missisles wrote:
    i have a friend who ive known for years
    she used to be engaged and they broke it off 12 months ago

shes been (as she puts it) "making up for lost time"

i understand wanting to get back out there

but theirs a difference between getting back out there and what shes doing

shes gone through more guys in 12 months then i have in 29 years

shes changing
    and i dont like the new her :roll:

so its not just males. i know this

Yeah, I know it's not just males. Just seems more ubiquitous in male culture. (I wonder, too, if some women picked this idea of making up for lost time up from male culture.)
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    scb wrote:
    The following advice was just given from one man to a younger man in another thread:

And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do. My experience has taught me that meaningless sex usually just isn't that good.

I don't know...I've NEVER tried it...:)
    as much as i hate the word

shes slutty :P
    After putting more thought into this, I think ultimately it boils down our evolution as a species. It is not uncommon to see in other primates the 'alpha' male having sex with as many partners as they can.

Now, why one male would tell another male to have as much sex as he can, which would limit the first ones ability to pass on his genetic material is beyond me.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm just rambling here, and not making any sense, but I think I know what I'm trying to say.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    meaningless sex is awesome
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but no, I do not enjoy sleeping around. I'm just sick and tired of it.

And in retrospect, if I could do the last 7 years over again, I wouldn't have slept with as many women as I have.

this is so true. i made some decisions i regret in the past and ive really made an attempt to change. im a 21 year old guy and ive gone over a year without sex...a couple years ago i thought that having sex was no big deal and i slept around quite a bit. now i just want the real thing and im willing to wait for it.
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    After putting more thought into this, I think ultimately it boils down our evolution as a species. It is not uncommon to see in other primates the 'alpha' male having sex with as many partners as they can.

Now, why one male would tell another male to have as much sex as he can, which would limit the first ones ability to pass on his genetic material is beyond me.

Now, I'm not sure if I'm just rambling here, and not making any sense, but I think I know what I'm trying to say.

Okay, so that might explain the biological drive, but it doesn't answer the question about whether the experiences themselves are really pleasurable.

I mean, I could sit here all night and tell my friends I need to get laid, and I could even go out and find a willing guy and sleep with him, but I'm not going to because (for one thing) I doubt I would actually enjoy the experience. To me, sex is much better when it's an expression of real affection for someone you care about, and when it's with someone who cares enough and has been around long enough to learn what gives you pleasure, ya know? (Otherwise, I could just do a better job myself without some hairy, sweaty man to please.)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    meaningless sex is awesome
    that's what she said

sorry i had to

• ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Not been single for a long long time, and I'm female, so maybe I shouldn't be answering at all. But I'm nosey and read the thread anyway.

To be honest, I've never really slept around, I've had the odd one night stand which certainly wasn't the best sex I've ever had. In my experience (limited as it is), if you are with a man for a one off they aren't going to take the time to find out what a woman wants or enjoys, they are just going in their for the wam bamb get thier rocks off - I may be wrong in some instances, maybe some men aren't like that (?).

But I think men and woman are different when it comes to bonking, I think it's easier for a man just to get on in there do it and off they go again. Personally, I don't think for a lot of women (not all) that meeting up with someone doing it and travelling on to the next whatever is that physically satisfying. I think that maybe some women do it to make themselves feel attractive, insecurity or whatever.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about really. So I'll butt out. :)
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    scb wrote:

No more then women. Its just more socially expectable for men to do it. My experience has told me that dudes who sleep around make for shitty friends as well. They are really selfcentered and will stab you in the back when it comes to meeting women or cock blocking. Its all about them.

Don't get me wrong, as a dude, its hard for me to say no.... but I'm not a cut-throat like some d-bags.
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • no matter who u sleep with in the night,but do matters who u wake up with in the morning..
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    no matter who u sleep with in the night,but do matters who u wake up with in the morning..
    Dimitris

YEP!!!!

I know guys and girls who would wake up in a strange bed, house...having no clue where they were, and not even remembering the name of the person beside them. The dickheads who go "yeah man hahaha" saw it as a trophy, an achievement. But what it reflects to other people is that they think so poorly of themsleves that that is all they think they really deserve.

And I'm not being all high and mighty, morally superior or anything to anyone, because I have been on both sides of the fence. Whne I was in my teens I did some really stupid stuff, sleep with a few randoms, because I had no selfesteem and believed that one nught is all anyone would want me for. If that's what you believe about yoursefl, then that's what the rest of the world will think too.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    scb wrote:
    Thorns2010 wrote:

Okay, so that might explain the biological drive, but it doesn't answer the question about whether the experiences themselves are really pleasurable.

I mean, I could sit here all night and tell my friends I need to get laid, and I could even go out and find a willing guy and sleep with him, but I'm not going to because (for one thing) I doubt I would actually enjoy the experience. To me, sex is much better when it's an expression of real affection for someone you care about, and when it's with someone who cares enough and has been around long enough to learn what gives you pleasure, ya know? (Otherwise, I could just do a better job myself without some hairy, sweaty man to please.)

the biological drive is what controls us, more or less...men are much more physically guided than women are...we don't necessarily need the mental component of sex to enjoy it...i'd say, most of the time we could do without it all together ;):D
    Claireack wrote:
    Not been single for a long long time, and I'm female, so maybe I shouldn't be answering at all. But I'm nosey and read the thread anyway.

To be honest, I've never really slept around, I've had the odd one night stand which certainly wasn't the best sex I've ever had. In my experience (limited as it is), if you are with a man for a one off they aren't going to take the time to find out what a woman wants or enjoys, they are just going in their for the wam bamb get thier rocks off - I may be wrong in some instances, maybe some men aren't like that (?).

But I think men and woman are different when it comes to bonking, I think it's easier for a man just to get on in there do it and off they go again. Personally, I don't think for a lot of women (not all) that meeting up with someone doing it and travelling on to the next whatever is that physically satisfying. I think that maybe some women do it to make themselves feel attractive, insecurity or whatever.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about really. So I'll butt out. :)

I totally agree.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Yes they do....and so do some women. It's really not that hard to comprehend, is it? If you're not exclusively with someone, isn't no-strings-attached sex the best kind? If I was single, I'd be fucking as many attractive men as I could!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yes they do....and so do some women. It's really not that hard to comprehend, is it? If you're not exclusively with someone, isn't no-strings-attached sex the best kind? If I was single, I'd be fucking as many attractive men as I could!

Not if it's shit sex. The point, which others have said as well, is that so-strings-attached sex is frequently just not that good.
    scb wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Hahaha... brought up an interesting question though, if you ask me!
    haha yes it did

I didn't think it spark this much convo/debate though

:oops:

• Q: Do men REALLY enjoy sleeping around?
    A: Yes
  • Q: Do men REALLY enjoy sleeping around?
    A: Yes

yep....

End of thread.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Not if it's shit sex. The point, which others have said as well, is that so-strings-attached sex is frequently just not that good.

I know plenty of people having fantastic no-strings-attached sex. Maybe you people need to pick your partners more carefully?

All the no-strings-attached sex I have had was fucking great! Imo, if you're both keen and equally into it as each other, it's pretty hard for sex to be shit....unless he shoots his load within minutes or she just lays there and does nothing....then that's shit....which comes back to picking your partners more carefully.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★