Do men REALLY enjoy sleeping around?

Comments

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yes they do....and so do some women. It's really not that hard to comprehend, is it? If you're not exclusively with someone, isn't no-strings-attached sex the best kind? If I was single, I'd be fucking as many attractive men as I could!

Not if it's shit sex. The point, which others have said as well, is that so-strings-attached sex is frequently just not that good.

No-strings-attached sex isn't synonymous with one night stand sex. If all you're doing is having one night stands, rolling through a 12 pack of condoms a week, I'm guessing the sex might not be that great. No strings? That's another story. As Ziggy said, pick the right partner, you're both into it, into pleasing and it's fucking fantastic.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Yes they do....and so do some women. It's really not that hard to comprehend, is it? If you're not exclusively with someone, isn't no-strings-attached sex the best kind? If I was single, I'd be fucking as many attractive men as I could!

Not if it's shit sex. The point, which others have said as well, is that so-strings-attached sex is frequently just not that good.

I know plenty of people having fantastic no-strings-attached sex. Maybe you people need to pick your partners more carefully?

All the no-strings-attached sex I have had was fucking great! Imo, if you're both keen and equally into it as each other, it's pretty hard for sex to be shit....unless he shoots his load within minutes or she just lays there and does nothing....then that's shit....which comes back to picking your partners more carefully.

We may be talking about two different things. I'm talking more about one-night stands, random hook-ups, that type of thing. Is that what you mean, or do you mean something more like friends with benefits?
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    scb wrote:
    by scb » 02 Jan 2010 21:43
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I know plenty of people having fantastic no-strings-attached sex. Maybe you people need to pick your partners more carefully?

All the no-strings-attached sex I have had was fucking great! Imo, if you're both keen and equally into it as each other, it's pretty hard for sex to be shit....unless he shoots his load within minutes or she just lays there and does nothing....then that's shit....which comes back to picking your partners more carefully.

We may be talking about two different things. I'm talking more about one-night stands, random hook-ups, that type of thing. Is that what you mean, or do you mean something more like friends with benefits?

Yes I was meaning one-night stands too. I think it's a different kettle of fish if it's someone you know and you mutually agree. I also think that some women are perhaps more assertive in getting their needs met on a first encounter, whether it's going to be a repeat event or not. I'm not being funny Ziggy, but if I was a bloke and I was in bed with you I would do everything you asked - I don't mean you're scary, just forthright and I wouldn't want to argue.
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Wow.....is that why you have a lot of "guy friends"?
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328

Wow.....is that why you have a lot of "guy friends"?

DAMN RIGHT!! :lol:

Actually no....I've been with my partner for many years now....so casual no-strings-attached sex with my "guy friends" is definitely off the cards. But what if I did have a lot of "guy friends" for that reason (and I was single)? I still don't see anything wrong with it. It's just sex.

And to comment on the earlier question of scb's, I still think one-night-stand sex shouldn't be shit if you pick them well. My mates and I have a theory that you can guage reasonably well how good someone will be in bed just from one passionate kiss -- what they do, how they react. If they can't get that right, move on...find someone better to have sex with.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • blenderman69blenderman69 Posts: 2,104
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    that's just not fair to us ugly guys!!!!!!!!meanie!!!!!!!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    And to comment on the earlier question of scb's, I still think one-night-stand sex shouldn't be shit if you pick them well. My mates and I have a theory that you can guage reasonably well how good someone will be in bed just from one passionate kiss -- what they do, how they react. If they can't get that right, move on...find someone better to have sex with.

But do guys do that? Or do they just fuck anyone who's willing and still has a pulse? (The guys whose objective is to sleep with as many women as they can while they're still young, that is.)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    scb wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:

But do guys do that? Or do they just fuck anyone who's willing and still has a pulse? (The guys whose objective is to sleep with as many women as they can while they're still young, that is.)

men are generally less discriminating, yes

the advice of having as much sex as you can while a man is young is usually given from men who have already been there and wished someone had told them that...not a defense of it, just sayin' ;)

i do think there are a lot of people who jump into relationships in their late teens and 20's who probably shouldn't but they don't know it...it's a cliche, but 'sowing your oats' is best to do while young as this is a time of learning and a good time to make mistakes...so when a young guy is confused about the opposite sex, he should listen to guys that have been there and take his own approach to the situation
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Tell me about it...what about US UGLY GUYS!...Hmmmmmm??? :P :P :P
  • I got to love someone, hate how friends of mine have this mission to fuck as many chicks as possible when we go somewhere. Feels empty if it's for the sake of it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    i_lov_it wrote:

Tell me about it...what about US UGLY GUYS!...Hmmmmmm??? :P :P :P

You're stuck with us ugly girls :lol:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,992
    Absolutely. We're only ashamed when the women are beasts.
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    i was never one to sleep around. with 1 hand i can count how many people iv been with. my friends sleep around alot. my brother is a slut. 3 or 4 girls a week sometimes. iv had many many chances to just sleep around, i turned them down. its just not my thing.
    I'll be back
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    norm wrote:
    ya know, it isn't like these guys sleep with other guys ;)

there are plenty of women who like meaningless sex, no? :think:
    BINGO! For every guy sleeping around aimleslessly, there has to be a female to do it with. So, there are just as many woman. They just keep it quiet. I think they do it for different reasons, but nonetheless, they still do.
    I know if I had to do it all over again...I wouldn't change a thing!! LOL!
    Save room for dessert!
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

My friend, who has slept with quite a few men, has a theory that average-looking guys are better in bed than ridiculously good-looking guys. In her experience, really hot guys (and guys who think they're ridiculously hot) believe that being really hot is good enough. Basically, they think that any woman should be thanking God that they get to be with him, while average guys are more apt to be thoughtful towards the woman and want to please her.

Yes, there are many of women who sleep around, but as someone mentioned, women tend to be more discriminating. Although, I have a friend of a friend who, by the time she was 25, had slept with 60+ men and she wasn't the least bit discriminating. She just thrived on the attention that ANY guy threw her way.
    ZiggyStar wrote:

My friend, who has slept with quite a few men, has a theory that average-looking guys are better in bed than ridiculously good-looking guys. In her experience, really hot guys (and guys who think they're ridiculously hot) believe that being really hot is good enough. Basically, they think that any woman should be thanking God that they get to be with him, while average guys are more apt to be thoughtful towards the woman and want to please her.

Of course it's a generalization, but I tend to agree. Same can be true with guys who aren't well-endowed. My experience has been that they've tried REALLY hard to make up for it (and it worked :oops: :D ).
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I think some men enjoy it. Some men think they're supposed to enjoy it. And some men probably don't enjoy it much at all. Most probably age out of if over time. No one wants to become *that* guy (I'm talking to you Hugh Hefner) :lol:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yes, there are many of women who sleep around, but as someone mentioned, women tend to be more discriminating. Although, I have a friend of a friend who, by the time she was 25, had slept with 60+ men and she wasn't the least bit discriminating. She just thrived on the attention that ANY guy threw her way.
    I agree also. Men who are average looking are great in bed. Those who think they should be thanked...need some lessons.
    Save room for dessert!
  • is better fuck first and after we talk about it..first we need to know eachother.. ;)
    is a greek moto anyway,,u can fuck everything moves,,the others that they dont move,u paint them..both need to look new.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Heatherj43 wrote:
    I agree also. Men who are average looking are great in bed. Those who think they should be thanked...need some lessons.
    i think always have to do with the partner..i catch my self to be into for good,when i feel the chemistry..
    sometimes not..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    scb wrote:
    The following advice was just given from one man to a younger man in another thread:

"stay single and fuck as many as girls while you are young."

And I can't help but wonder if men (and I use that term loosely) REALLY derive as much pleasure from meaningless sex as they act like they do. My experience has taught me that meaningless sex usually just isn't that good.

I'm not going to even bother reading all the replies here, but my answer is no. without a doubt NO.

I look back at the amount of woman ( and even girls when i was a teenager ) that I COULD have had sex with and I'm glad I didn't.

maybe I'm just to ............... I don't know what word I'm look for. :lol: maybe I'm just not that damn Macho when it comes to shit like that.

the chicks that I did have meaningless sex with, I wish I hadnt. The number of woman I could have had meaningless sex with is staggering compared to the amount of woman I actually had sex with.

my friends used to give me shit about that, I don't care. just not my style.

to each their own though.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • JoJo Posts: 2,098
    missisles wrote:
    i have a friend who ive known for years
    she used to be engaged and they broke it off 12 months ago

theirs a difference between getting back out there and what shes doing

shes gone through more guys in 12 months then i have in 29 years

shes changing
    and i dont like the new her :roll:

so its not just males. i know this

Same with an ex-friend of mine, and I realised all the losers she slept with actually reflected the person she was becoming. Like attracts Like.
    As someone else here said, these people are usually arsehole friends....and when she hit on my bloke.....
    well yea, how ugly is that !
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    im a guy, and ive never liked the idea of sleeping around. I want my future partner(s) to respect me in that regard

Granted when im drinking the idea becomes more interesting, but then i would still feel scummy if I hooked up w/ random girls after the bar.
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    I don't enjoy sleeping around, period. My penis does not dictate how I should live my life.

I remember the one time I slept with some random woman I'd met that night, I woke up the next day feeling ... dirty, almost...like I had been emotionally or psychically drained. So never again. Every one since then I'd been really close to, friends or more serious relationships.

As for average looking men being better in bed... I feel that it would be self-serving of me to comment one way or the other, so I'll pass. :lol:
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146

:shock: :lol:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    good god man.

still didn't beat Chamberlain, apparently...

"And secondly, if that 12,775 figure is correct, imagine how good the late NBA great Wilt Chamberlain must be feeling right now. After all, it was Chamberlain who once famously boasted about having sex with 20,000 women. If even Beatty can't top that mark, then Chamberlain's bedded-by record, along with his career points scored totals, remain records that may never be broken. "
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I guess it's really depends on the individual. I'm sure some men want to find a meaningful relationship and not meaningless sexual encounters. I don't think it's just men. There are women who just want to sleep around and want no strings.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    libragirl wrote:
    I guess it's really depends on the individual. I'm sure some men want to find a meaningful relationship and not meaningless sexual encounters. I don't think it's just men. There are women who just want to sleep around and want no strings.

agreed. I also feel the same as Starfall. It kinda made me feel dirty. :? :oops:
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    the wolf wrote:
    libragirl wrote:

agreed. I also feel the same as Starfall. It kinda made me feel dirty. :? :oops:

awww, well you know it's not for you.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    missisles wrote:

shes slutty

feel free to pm her phone number over.

thanks in advance
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg