glastonbury

Comments

• guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    V V wrote:
    braking news we're ON baby oh yeah!!!!!! Just been informed :mrgreen:
    wot do you mean were on :?: pray tell vv wot have you heard :)
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Well I've been told they are playing wooooohoooo
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    V V wrote:
    fantastic v must have been your wine :D:D keep me posted can you thank you've made my day :lol:
    V V wrote:
    oopppsss done it again :? got excited about the news :lol::lol:
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    guypjfreak wrote:
    V V wrote:

thats cos it IS EXCITING YAY :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    V V wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    V V wrote:

thats cos it IS EXCITING YAY :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

not convinced...
  • Don't they already have all three headliners?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    Don't they already have all three headliners?

u2 stevie wonder, and muse

followed by dizzee rascal, corrine something or other, and hot chip so far....

hmmmmmm

not exactly fascinating so far
    yes they do but i can see them doing a different slot because of the tour times they could do sat afternoon them go straight off to Holland ;)
    whilst here has any one been to the Portugal Optimus Alive Festival im hoping to go there .its ether there or Bilbao any ideas :?:
    please don't mention d/r on this thread thank you :lol::lol:
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Don't they already have all three headliners?

u2 stevie wonder, and muse

followed by dizzee rascal, corrine something or other, and hot chip so far....

hmmmmmm

not exactly fascinating so far

I so hope this latest PJ at Glastonbury stuff is true!!!!!

Regarding the quality of the line-up, given that less than 5% of it has been announced - it's a bit early to judge. From my perspective - not really bothered about U2, really looking forward to Muse and think Stevie Wonder will be a great way to close things on Sunday.

Now if there were some special guests who wanted to fly in from Hyde Park for Saturday afternoon......
  • V V wrote:
    ow

How reliable are your sources? I really hope they are right.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
    were all hoping its true :P but we all know glasto m/e and co can keep us guessing. but im thinking v may know more than us so on that note im pretty hopeful :) i mean before the stones pulled out a hell of a lot of people had pj to play before them :D
    so keep the positive thoughts and bring it on pearl jam :lol::lol:
    not giving up on this thread only 124 days to go PEARL JAM we need you 8-)
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Glastonbury is ridiculously overrated.

I am going to Hyde Park and Arras for Pearl Jam and also got a free ticket for Rage at Finsbury Park.
  • OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Pearl Jam won't be playing Glastonbury.

I spoke to Melvin Benn at the VIP barbecue at Reading 2008 and he told me that they were not interested in playing the modern Glastonbury - which worked out well for him as they played Reading instead in 2006.

Glastonbury's lineups these days are 99.9% garbage.
    Olivavu wrote:
    Pearl Jam won't be playing Glastonbury.

I spoke to Melvin Benn at the VIP barbecue at Reading 2008 and he told me that they were not interested in playing the modern Glastonbury - which worked out well for him as they played Reading instead in 2006.

agreed, and its not worth just shy of £200 notes now to go and try and find that 0.1%
    i agree with you about the head liners that's why i was hoping for pj .but there's so much more to do its not just the bands its meeting people you've not seen for a year or two .ive got a mate who lives in Ireland not seen him in years would have liked to have gone over there to see pj but i haven't got the money .
    i still think its worth the 200 for 5 days :)
    edited February 2010
    shite dunit again :roll: its not matt but its funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddQjDei2 ... re=related :)
    Post edited by guypjfreak on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Olivavu wrote:

the 0.1% was the year Shirley Manson had tonsillitis and couldn't make it.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    guypjfreak wrote:
    i agree with you about the head liners that's why i was hoping for pj .but there's so much more to do its not just the bands its meeting people you've not seen for a year or two .ive got a mate who lives in Ireland not seen him in years would have liked to have gone over there to see pj but i haven't got the money .

id agree this used to be the case in the 1990's before the festival went all corporate and lost its identity.

Now its no different to any other festival (camping onsite is a good bonus), so it all comes down to the line up now on which one to attend, in the past glastonbury was all about the experience and you are quite right it wasnt at all about the line up....
    :lol::lol:
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

id agree this used to be the case in the 1990's before the festival went all corporate and lost its identity.

Now its no different to any other festival (camping onsite is a good bonus), so it all comes down to the line up now on which one to attend, in the past glastonbury was all about the experience and you are quite right it wasnt at all about the line up....
    went in 94 & 95 and loved it.
    I haven't been back since. I had a ticket for this year but after PJ announced their dates I got a refund.
    I'm also going to have to resell T in The Park, which I'm fare more bummed about having gone last year and loving it... but I'm never missing a PJ show in Portugal!
    thats where i want to go but dont now much about it travel ect.have you been before old son
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    guypjfreak wrote:
    thats where i want to go but dont now much about it travel ect.have you been before old son
    you're talking to me?
    about Portugal?
    if so yes, been 06 and 07 and the portuguese are the best fans. they throw awesome pre-parties too!
    Pegasus wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:
    you're talking to me?
    about Portugal?
    if so yes, been 06 and 07 and the portuguese are the best fans. they throw awesome pre-parties too!
    yes old son sounds good just hoping i can afford it looking at it now but found this http://www.virtualfestivals.com/artists/141 there still on the rumour mill
    119 days to go till Glastonbury.please pearl jam you know you wont to ;)

well i may not get my wish but sounds like its Venice instead of Portugal now :P
    bump
    watch this its funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ki7PMZycYMo hope you liked it :lol::lol:
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

Step away from the Pyramid and Other Stages, forget what Radio 1/Q Magazine/NME want to hype up and there's usually great stuff to be found. As it's got bigger it's become more mini festivals within a festival almost, great for me as I love the Jazz/World stage, Avalon/Acoustic and the greenfields. Really don't care about the headliners - the Pyramid stage/Other stage have become like any other festival. The majority at these stages tend to be there for the whole weekend and not see anything else... which you can do for 2 days at V and save yourself £20!

And there's not a cat in hells chance of Pearl Jam playing. The Pyramid is (apparently) completely booked and they won't foot the expense of putting in a second barrier on another stage just to satisfy PJ.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    guypjfreak wrote:

Step away from the Pyramid and Other Stages, forget what Radio 1/Q Magazine/NME want to hype up and there's usually great stuff to be found. As it's got bigger it's become more mini festivals within a festival almost, great for me as I love the Jazz/World stage, Avalon/Acoustic and the greenfields. Really don't care about the headliners - the Pyramid stage/Other stage have become like any other festival. The majority at these stages tend to be there for the whole weekend and not see anything else... which you can do for 2 days at V and save yourself £20!

And there's not a cat in hells chance of Pearl Jam playing. The Pyramid is (apparently) completely booked and they won't foot the expense of putting in a second barrier on another stage just to satisfy PJ.

i don't think the ll play im just not going to give up hope! i don't think they ll even worry about a second barrier cos the fields big enough. and as its not a ROCK fest as such they wont need it .