glastonbury

guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
edited May 2010 in The Porch
Glastonbury is anyone going or are you going to Hyde park
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i cant go to any of the euro shows cuus glastonbury falls on the same week!

i woulda been tempted to go to ireland, but ill be at glasto, ahh well ive seen pj before and as amazing as they are to see live, i think glasto with my mates is the way to go!

40th anniversary!
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    yeah ive seen them before but glasto is special as well .
    there playing Hyde park then Holland so they do have a little bit of space on Saturday so may be they might pop in after Hyde park and do something ........... here's hoping ah
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Seeing them in Dublin and Belfast, overnight bus trip from Belfast to Dublin after the show for early flight to Bristol and straight on to Glastonbury from there. 2010 is going to be immense!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    i wish i had the money old son but glasto takes quite a bit doesnt it

im hopeing to get to portugal though a day ticket there is only 50 euros

your summers going to fantsic !
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Doing Dublin then Belfast with 10c. Flight back to Southampton - quick hello to family, night in own bed then off to Glastonbury on Friday. :D

Can't wait - it's going to be amazing.

I too am hoping beyond hope(!!) for some sort of Saturday appearance either by Ed and/or the band.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I've got a deposit on a Glastonbury ticket, but am not going to pay the rest off so I'll get the money back and am going to Hyde Park instead.
    Glastonbury will be great this year, 40th anniversary etc... but I decided I wanted to do more of the PJ tour and am meeting up with friends in Hyde Park I don't get to see very often. My friends I was going to Glastonbury with are not as music mad as me, so to be honest aren't really bothered hugely by the bands, so I'm not sure who I'd actually have gotten to see if I wnet with them... they love the atmosphere and getting very very drunk.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    well if anyone wants to meet up for a drink you can always pop up to the top of the pyramid stage look for a big Canadian flag on or near the road by the ice cream van that's where ill be your more than welcome .
    plus o'clock Friday at the bread and roses ill have a pj top on .
    that was meant to say 12 o'clock at the b/roses
  • I'm going to Glastonbury. Not too bothered that it clashes with Hard Rock Calling as I'm going to Berlin instead now. Still holding on to the small chance that Pearl Jam will play on the Saturday.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • I'm going to Glastonbury. Not too bothered that it clashes with Hard Rock Calling as I'm going to Berlin instead now. Still holding on to the small chance that Pearl Jam will play on the Saturday.
    too bad for u ..mike just say in www.planetrock.com in an inteview that they wrote around 18 songs for backspacer and 11 of those went on the album and they have some stuff left for Hyde park..... :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    I heard Glasto are trying to book PJ for this year ~~~~ come on Ed Mike Jeff Stone Matt and maybe Boom you've never played Glastonbury Festival and you could on the saturday ~~ I'll give you all Free massage in my tipi all day if you do :D:D:D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
    yeah come on all you glasto pj fans raise your voices and lets make it happen !!!
    Your in town so come on Eddie and the boys come and give us a tune or ten how can they turn down an offer like that !
    In a tipi in a field in the sun just the thing after Hyde park and before Holland.

ps, After pj can we all come back to your tipi ?!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    V V wrote:
    ~~ I'll give you all Free massage in my tipi all day if you do :D:D:D [/color]

Now that's an offer they can't refuse! If I strum a guitar and sing like a wailing cat for a minute or two, can I get a free healing massage too?
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    of course, I'll rename our lodge "Pearl Jam Sanctuary" :lol:
    you'll find me in the Earth circle of the Healing field with a selection pack of Aroma therapy, indian head massage or my spaciality Thai massage :mrgreen: come on Eddie you know you want to :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Hyde Park for me... i am not going to Glastonbury ... why waste £400 spending being surrounded by crusty looking people when i can give Pete Doherty £8 to sleep in his bath and put wet cornflakes on my face.

actually that sounds like fun. :thumbup:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    edited January 2010
    dunkman wrote:
    why waste £400 spending being surrounded by crusty looking people

:shock: V..... did you see what he called you?!?!?!?! :o :shock: :shock:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    obviously V isnt in the crusty section... she's in her own wee section doing massages and stuff isnt she?

I meant the people caked in mud who drink Strongbow. crusty looking folks
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    Hyde Park for me... i am not going to Glastonbury ... why waste £400 spending being surrounded by crusty looking people when i can give Pete Doherty £8 to sleep in his bath and put wet cornflakes on my face.

actually that sounds like fun. :thumbup:
    Hang on a mo old son haven't you been?
    First were not crusty s
    Second £400 for five days with every thing you get to do and see [tipi field def included ] is not a waste look at thread http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/inde ... isle+wight
    Third yes we drink cider and lots of it And we love it .bring on the bus!!
    Fourth considering the amount of bands you get to see definitely worth the money and the walking
    And fifth ITS GOING TO BE SUNNY NO MUD !!!!!!!!!
    and that's your five a day ;)
    The Stones look to have ruled themselves out of a Glastonbury appearance and therefore a Saturday night headline slot....

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/10/100105a.shtml

Could this pave the way for a storming PJ Saturday night headline appearance on the Pyramid Stage?

Come on boys - you know it makes sense!!!! :D
  • That would be amazing if PJ were to headline on Saturday night but I just can't see it myself, I hope I'm proved wrong for all you guys going as well as my friends who are into PJ to verying degrees. It would certainly open PJ up to a whole lotta people who otherwise might not have got to ever see them (or even heard of them) as well as some of those who've lost interest over the years.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
    I can't see it either - but it would be flipping amazing if it did happen!!

Plus like you say it would open the band to so many old and new fans (both there and with BBC's coverage).

A solo set from Ed somewhere/sometime on Saturday would also be amazing.

You never know.... :)
  • I've got the same feeling I had when there were Reading/Leeds rumours going around in 2006. I bloody hope this happens.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • i swear i would love pearl jam to be at glasto so much, i think they should spesh as its 40th ann. biggest festival in the world

and we all wanna fuckin see em!!!!!!!!!
    nigel wrote:
    I can't see it either - but it would be flipping amazing if it did happen!!

Plus like you say it would open the band to so many old and new fans (both there and with BBC's coverage).

A solo set from Ed somewhere/sometime on Saturday would also be amazing.

You never know.... :)
    id love to see the band but a solo from Eddie would be amazing !
    i swear i would love pearl jam to be at glasto so much, i think they should spesh as its 40th ann. biggest festival in the world

and we all wanna fuckin see em!!!!!!!!!
    your going to Hyde park you lucky lucky person. didn't you have tickets to glasto ?
  • virtual festivals have PJ down as a rumour,they are usually about right....just saying :?
    virtual festivals have PJ down as a rumour,they are usually about right....just saying :?

They also have Will Young :crazy: and Led Zeppelin...
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    redrock wrote:
    virtual festivals have PJ down as a rumour,they are usually about right....just saying :?

Will Young is likely given he's played twice before.

John Paul Jones and Robert Plant have both been in discussions with Eavis about playing... probably Plant solo and TCV but you never know right? Pearl Jam special acoustic set anyone? :D
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Give me a repeat appearance at SheBu Empire (or even better- Hammersmith Apollo) any day of the week over Glasto :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    ilockyer wrote:
    redrock wrote:

Will Young is likely given he's played twice before.

John Paul Jones and Robert Plant have both been in discussions with Eavis about playing... probably Plant solo and TCV but you never know right? Pearl Jam special acoustic set anyone? :D

Plant + Kraus have been mentioned.

Your guess is a good as mine... and I'm not even going!