Pearl Jam @ New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest (UPDATED)

Comments

• BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    I saw a list online somewhere of where bands will be playing at night during the Jazz fest (sorry, no PJ) but I can't find it again. Anyone know where I might find this list?

EDIT: Nevermind...I found it http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Banjo wrote:
    I saw a list online somewhere of where bands will be playing at night during the Jazz fest (sorry, no PJ) but I can't find it again. Anyone know where I might find this list?

EDIT: Nevermind...I found it http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/
    sweet! thanks for posting this!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Just a thought: Since PJ is back from the Pacific. They could perform any day during the Jazz Festival at any venue in New Orleans. 1st weekend may be, during the week before the 2nd weekend, during the 2nd weekend or even Sunday May 2nd.

PJ could pull off what Metallica did at SXSW in Austin, play a show billed under another name. Or not perform another show at all. Point being I would hate to miss any opportunity to see PJ.

Any info or rumors keep all the PJ peeps in the loop.
  • PR165312 wrote:
    Just a thought: Since PJ is back from the Pacific. They could perform any day during the Jazz Festival at any venue in New Orleans. 1st weekend may be, during the week before the 2nd weekend, during the 2nd weekend or even Sunday May 2nd.
    PJ could pull off what Metallica did at SXSW in Austin, play a show billed under another name.

If this did happen ( HIGHLY UNLIKELY ) we wouldnt get the chance to see them unless it was PURE LUCK. We wouldnt be priveledged to this type of info until after it happened...
  • erik768erik768 Posts: 117
    Got my flight and tickets. Looking forward to a great trip to New Orleans. Bringing 2 people to their first PJ show also. :D I'll be watching to see if any hotels in the CBD/French Quarter open up as it get closer to Jazzfest otherwise I'll be staying out by the airport.
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    Can any of the locals or Jazz Fest Veterans suggest some places to go/things to do/good bars/restaurants?We're only going to the festival on Thurs and Sat (of course). Our hotel is pretty close to Bourbon Street.
  • pj23yanks wrote:
    There are no hotels in New Orleans that weekend in New Orleans so I guess I won't be going

There are TONS... Try Orbitz, Hotwire, or Bookit.com.
    I've booked a room by the airport. Check out this area. You'll need a car. Onlo 15 minutes away from the fair grounds. If you drink I'm sure some PJ fans could give you a lift. I'm not drinking accept for in my room. I would be available for a safe ride. :shock:
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
    pj23yanks wrote:
    There are no hotels in New Orleans that weekend in New Orleans so I guess I won't be going

There are TONS... Try Orbitz, Hotwire, or Bookit.com.
    I've booked a room by the airport. Check out this area. You'll need a car. Onlo 15 minutes away from the fair grounds. If you drink I'm sure some PJ fans could give you a lift. I'm not drinking accept for in my room. I would be available for a safe ride. :shock:
    did you see though that you can't drive to the fairgrounds?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    LukinFan wrote:

So, where do you park and leave your car? Is there a shuttle?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I can't find the link to the original page, but here's the info I sent ATLJammer in a recent PM:

Just saw this on the Jazzfest forum site, when someone was asking for a close hotel advice:

Of course, there's no onsite parking; if you plan to use the park & ride shuttle, then look near Marconi Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• erik768 wrote:
    Got my flight and tickets. Looking forward to a great trip to New Orleans. Bringing 2 people to their first PJ show also. :D I'll be watching to see if any hotels in the CBD/French Quarter open up as it get closer to Jazzfest otherwise I'll be staying out by the airport.

Your 2 friends will forever be indebted to you. :D
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • LukinFan wrote:
    justam wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I can't find the link to the original page, but here's the info I sent ATLJammer in a recent PM:

Just saw this on the Jazzfest forum site, when someone was asking for a close hotel advice:

Of course, there's no onsite parking; if you plan to use the park & ride shuttle, then look near Marconi Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124.

id direct all questions to the forum thread "everything you ever wanted to know about jazzfest" here: http://www.nojazzfest.com/

also this guy ha lots of info:
    http://jazzfest.swagland.com/

which includes this map:
    http://jazzfest.swagland.com/transport.html
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Banjo wrote:
    Can any of the locals or Jazz Fest Veterans suggest some places to go/things to do/good bars/restaurants?We're only going to the festival on Thurs and Sat (of course). Our hotel is pretty close to Bourbon Street.

Here are some of my humble opinions of what to do in New Orleans. First, put on some walking shoes and just walk the French Quarter. I do this every time I go to New Orleans and just walking and soaking in the city is great. Walk along the riverwalk by the river and then walk up to Jackson Square.
    The restarauants to choose from are endless. If you are willing to spend some money you will have some of the best meals of your life....guaranteed. NOLA, Arnauds, and Galatoires Restaurant are some can't misses and I go to one of them every time i visit New Orleans. Once you hit Bourbon Street you have to go to Pat O'Briens and get a hurricane or two. What makes New Orleans so great is you can just do what you want and have a great time. The shuttles to the Jazz Fest are great and the night life will speak for itself. The D-day museum is a great visit...not the feel good place of the year. The aquarium is nice but i just love walking the city...so do what you want and have a great time.

WHO DAT!?
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    There are TONS... Try Orbitz, Hotwire, or Bookit.com.[/quote]
    I've booked a room by the airport. Check out this area. You'll need a car. Onlo 15 minutes away from the fair grounds. If you drink I'm sure some PJ fans could give you a lift. I'm not drinking accept for in my room. I would be available for a safe ride. :shock:[/quote]
    did you see though that you can't drive to the fairgrounds?[/quote]

I have seen some rooms available around the french quarter...the ambassador is one that I have seen has some vacancies and my experiences in the past is you can drive your car down the the fest and park. I just think that taking the public transportation that leaves from the French Quarter area is much easier.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • PARTY!!!!!!
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Are you guys familiar with the festival area? do you know how big of a space they fence in for the fancy-ass 600-dollar ticket holders up front?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam

I have seen some rooms available around the french quarter...the ambassador is one
    it's booked up
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

SOLAT319 wrote:
    Are you guys familiar with the festival area? do you know how big of a space they fence in for the fancy-ass 600-dollar ticket holders up front?
    I read some where on here that it's about the same area as in the Roo Pit (pretty standard for most festivals I'd imagine)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I read some where on here that it's about the same area as in the Roo Pit (pretty standard for most festivals I'd imagine)

I've never been to Roo, so I have no way of comparison :)

Well, see, I can't make my peace with the fact that just because you have a fancy ass VIP pass, you get to be at the rail. Festivals are the only chance for most of us to experience front row. And for most of the festivals here in the US (OSL being one of them and as far as I know Coachella is like that too), it's the survival of the fittest. If you have the guts and patience, you get your ass there early enough and you EARN your spot. Not because you're rich and bought the most expensive ticket.

#standingman #duranadam
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I just hope that doesn't shove the rest of us so far back we can't see. :geek:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • justam wrote:
    I just hope that doesn't shove the rest of us so far back we can't see. :geek:

It shouldnt be too bad. I have a feeling ill get closer than my 10c # would allow at MSG.
    Who has been to this festival before and experienced this ?

#standingman #duranadam
  • This will be my 8th Jazz Fest. The VIP section in front isnt that big. Then there is a section behind that where no chairs or blankets are allowed. This section is a little larger than the VIP section. Then behind that is the free-for-all with blankets, chairs and flags for miles. You can get fairly close if you are there when the gates open and sprint to the stage and plant down for the day. If you plan on roaming around, it can be tough to get up close once it fills in. I am trying to convince my wife that this is the year we should be springing for the Grand Marshall passes. Hopefully she will bite, otherwise I will be one of those sprinting to the stage for a good spot early on that Saturday.
  • This will be my 8th Jazz Fest. The VIP section in front isnt that big. Then there is a section behind that where no chairs or blankets are allowed. This section is a little larger than the VIP section. Then behind that is the free-for-all with blankets, chairs and flags for miles. You can get fairly close if you are there when the gates open and sprint to the stage and plant down for the day. If you plan on roaming around, it can be tough to get up close once it fills in. I am trying to convince my wife that this is the year we should be springing for the Grand Marshall passes. Hopefully she will bite, otherwise I will be one of those sprinting to the stage for a good spot early on that Saturday.

Great info but I have 2 questions for you. What is the second section behind the VIP? Also, What time do they open the gates for the sprint? Thanks! :D
  • [quote="AtlantaJammer")Great info but I have 2 questions for you. What is the second section behind the VIP? Also, What time do they open the gates for the sprint? Thanks! :D[/quote]

The second section is open to everyone, you just cant set down camp. No blankets or chairs allowed. Not sure how the turnover in the section is throughout the day as far as being able to wander to other stages and still get back into it for the headliners. Gates open at 10am though they have been known to open up a little early, depending on how big the crowd lined up can be. I have seen them open at 9:40 on a morning that Dave Matthews played.
    Seriously, great info! Thank you so much! Now I'm reconsidering my earlier decision to pass this one up.

#standingman #duranadam
  • SOLAT319 wrote:
    Seriously, great info! Thank you so much! Now I'm reconsidering my earlier decision to pass this one up.

Wha??? I waited from 10:00 am to see PJ which didnt go on til almost 11:00 pm at Roo. This is good news for me.
  • stotstot Posts: 207
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Wha??? I waited from 10:00 am to see PJ which didnt go on til almost 11:00 pm at Roo. This is good news for me.

Really? How close were you? It was just me and my brother so it was easier for us to move around. We tried to find a place about 1/2 hour before the show. We just kept worming our way thru and made it the sound board area. Good enough for me! :D
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • stot wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Really? How close were you? It was just me and my brother so it was easier for us to move around. We tried to find a place about 1/2 hour before the show. We just kept worming our way thru and made it the sound board area. Good enough for me! :D

Front row. I had a blast waiting all day. It was just me, my roomate and PjBuckeye from this message board. We met some cool ass people, had a beer or 2, and smoked a lil bud.

Front row. I had a blast waiting all day. It was just me, my roomate and PjBuckeye from this message board. We met some cool ass people, had a beer or 2, and smoked a lil bud.
    I didn't know that you smoked :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com