Pearl Jam @ New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest (UPDATED)

Comments

• buying my VIP for front of the stage on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    buying my VIP for front of the stage on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

baller

45 for one a day pass to see PJ. that isn't bad at all. if i lived within a few hours i would be there for sure.

still tempting to do a road trip.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I was looking at a map today. It's drivable from here. (!) :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,247
    i wanna try to make it out there
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    buying my VIP for front of the stage on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

baller

45 for one a day pass to see PJ. that isn't bad at all. if i lived within a few hours i would be there for sure.

still tempting to do a road trip.

Dude, I don't care where you live, it's worth the road trip! Come for the weekend... hell, come for the whole week. Head to Baton Rouge to see some LSU baseball on the Tuesday beforehand, take in a bayou tour, drink your ass off and watch bands play in the French Quarter, eat beignets at Cafe Du Monde at 4am while you sweat out the hurricanes and hand grenades you've been drinking on Bourbon Street, and then go and spend a few days at Jazz Fest. It'll be the best road trip you ever take (it's been scientifically proven, by a study I conducted over a period of a few years while in college haha)
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • Got the 2nd weekend any one day tix. Totaly affordable, hell - the four day pass is priced stright on, but i could not afford the hotel, food or beer price tag for all 4 days.
    Driving from Houston, TX
    Anyone going from Houston or anyone just wanting to meet up and party hit me up.
  • stotstot Posts: 207
    We could hit the Quarter together after the PJ show. That would be fun.
    '00 Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, & Seattle
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • stot wrote:

If they follow last year's schedule, Pearl Jam will be wrapping up at 7, so you'll be in the Quarter by the time the sun goes down... if anyone here hasn't been before, a night in the Quarter is a "unique" experience lol
    And I listen for the voice inside my head... nothing. I'll do this one myself.
  • I just bought two BrassPasses- good for the entire festival.
    http://www.wwoz.org/support/join+wwoz/brass+pass+benefits
    Brass Pass Benefits & Policy

» Get Your 2010 Brass Pass Now!

» Brass Pass Pickup

What is the
    WWOZ VIP Tent?
    "To me the hospitality area is an oasis in the middle of Jazz Fest.
    It is where we do our broadcast, so there are always musicians and crafts people coming by.
    It's an area where people are great music fans and also fans of WWOZ, so you find great folks and have some wonderful conversations.
    During Jazz Fest it is my home; I don't know what I would do without it. I spend most of my time there whether I am broadcasting or not."
    — WWOZ show host Tom Morgan
    WWOZ Brass Passes are a great way to enjoy Jazz Fest and help WWOZ bring you the best in New Orleans music 24/7.

For a membership donation of $400 to WWOZ, you’ll get a 2010 Brass Pass, which gets you into all 7 days of Jazz Fest. The price of $400 will only be available for a limited time, so get yours now!

Benefits of a Brass Pass
    NEW! The Brass Pass is now fully transferable! A different person can use the pass each day of the Fest. There will be no ID checks and anyone you choose can use your pass for a day. (Only one person per day.)
    NEW! The Brass Pass is now a bar-coded laminate pass — no more worrying about lost or soggy tickets
    Enter and exit through any of the public pedestrian gates
    Come and go as you please throughout the day
    Enjoy fresh fruit, iced coffee, tables & chairs, misters and separate bathrooms in the WWOZ Hospitality Tent
    Ride the Jazz Fest Express shuttle, or use the Accessible car
    gate (with proper placard, $50 fee, very limited parking).
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Is this a tax deductible donation?!?!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • I am going to this! booked everything yesterday, bought a one-day ticket for well, it came to $57.15 or something with all the ticketbastard fees, still a bargain for a chance to see PJ!

Perhaps in the French quarter we can see Ed in a brawl!? lol...

Can't wait....

Christopher
  • ^ Why would Ed be in a brawl?
    Louisiana is the happiest state in the country & he will have plenty of happy to go around.

won't he be a newlywed by then or are they planning for a long engagement?
    -Gandhi
    cajunkiwi wrote:
    stot wrote:

If they follow last year's schedule, Pearl Jam will be wrapping up at 7, so you'll be in the Quarter by the time the sun goes down... if anyone here hasn't been before, a night in the Quarter is a "unique" experience lol

A mini Pearl Jam Mardi Gras!
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • Looking to go both weekends from Hoboken, My father in-law has been to this festival for the last few years because one of his child hood friends is one of the people who runs the fest...He is a HUGE Allmans fan, i call him on Monday to tell him the ABB are headlining he goes crazy! Tells me he cant wait to hang out backstage with them yada yada yada....the next morning he calls me and says "I thikn your gonna want to go to Jazzfest" Pearl Jam was named weekend #2 headliner...HOLY S&!T....Cannot wait for this and hope I get to meet 2 least the band with the hookups he gets.....but man is airfare expensive from NYC/NJ>New Orleans....it was cheaper to fly to SF for outside lands...Im getting $400 plus for non-stop flights on cheaptickets.com any other suggestions?
    Looking to go both weekends from Hoboken, My father in-law has been to this festival for the last few years because one of his child hood friends is one of the people who runs the fest...He is a HUGE Allmans fan, i call him on Monday to tell him the ABB are headlining he goes crazy! Tells me he cant wait to hang out backstage with them yada yada yada....the next morning he calls me and says "I thikn your gonna want to go to Jazzfest" Pearl Jam was named weekend #2 headliner...HOLY S&!T....Cannot wait for this and hope I get to meet 2 least the band with the hookups he gets.....but man is airfare expensive from NYC/NJ>New Orleans....it was cheaper to fly to SF for outside lands...Im getting $400 plus for non-stop flights on cheaptickets.com any other suggestions?

Thats awesome! Did you already buy plane tix? THere are JF discount codes here:

http://www.nojazzfest.com/index.php?htt ... rlines.php
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • ^ Why would Ed be in a brawl?
    Louisiana is the happiest state in the country & he will have plenty of happy to go around.

won't he be a newlywed by then or are they planning for a long engagement?

Back in 1993, Ed and the reigning AL Cy YOung Award Winner from the White Sox, Jack McDowell were involved in a fight at the ? BLue Crystal. "Black Jack" McDowell, all 6ft5 and 188 lbs of him, was knocked out by the bouncer, while reports had Eddie involved and some claimed he started the fight.

McDowell was in a band called V.I.E.W. which later became Stickfigure, you know that emblem you see on many PJ shirts?..

ANyhow, I was just making light of that whole thing. Hey, have a few hurricances and you will feel tipsy also... LOL

Christopher
  • oh no worries- I am just a little touchy cause my mom just died wednesday night.

but whats a hurricane? it sounds really strong.
    -Gandhi
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    oh no worries- I am just a little touchy cause my mom just died wednesday night.

but whats a hurricane? it sounds really strong.

My condolences on your loss...hope your family is doing ok.

Pat O'Brien's on Bourbon has the best hurricanes. A mixture of just about everything and two is plenty.

http://patobriens.com/patobriens/havefun/hrricane.asp
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • thank you- it is a hard time of year. I am using Jazzfest as having something uplifting to look forward to and even though my mom was more of a Europe and classical music sort of gal- she knew what a huge PJ fan I am- I think it will be just what I need.

We are also even thinking of taking the train one way from Seattle- the Empire Builder to Chicago and then down on The City of New Orleans
    -Gandhi
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    thank you- it is a hard time of year. I am using Jazzfest as having something uplifting to look forward to and even though my mom was more of a Europe and classical music sort of gal- she knew what a huge PJ fan I am- I think it will be just what I need.

We are also even thinking of taking the train one way from Seattle- the Empire Builder to Chicago and then down on The City of New Orleans

That sounds like a great trip. Hopefully I'll get to meet you and others from here in the Quarter one night.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Posts: 1,597
    Tempting.
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    From the NO JazzFest Facebook page:

Band of Horses will perform at Jazz Fest on the second weekend, not the first weekend as previously announced. Sorry for the confusion.

I figured this would make a few people happy here
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I'm excited, and for Aretha to be there! Worth the drive..
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I am going to this! booked everything yesterday, bought a one-day ticket for well, it came to $57.15 or something with all the ticketbastard fees, still a bargain for a chance to see PJ!

Perhaps in the French quarter we can see Ed in a brawl!? lol...

Can't wait....

Christopher
    what did you do about the hotel? Are we sure PJ will play Sat night?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    Last year I printed out the concerts that happened after the fest ended for the day...it was a 17 page grid! E.G. Umprey's played at HOB in the quarter starting at 2 AM!
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
    This is the beginning of the aforementioned Grids with the parties after the fest.

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/weekend-2
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
    stot wrote:
    This is the beginning of the aforementioned Grids with the parties after the fest.

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/weekend-2

The tropical isle is closed! no hand grenades! arrrggg
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
    hmmm. seems to be a rumor of Allman Bros. playin the 2nd weekend too.

http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/rumors
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Questions:
    1. Is everyone here aware of the fact that if they don't have those "I-am-special" tickets that are sold for 600 bucks they will not even come close to the rail?
    2. Does anyone know if those tickets go down significantly as the fest dates come closer?
    3. What's this about PJ playing a secret show after their set?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Questions:
    1. Is everyone here aware of the fact that if they don't have those "I-am-special" tickets that are sold for 600 bucks they will not even come close to the rail?
    2. Does anyone know if those tickets go down significantly as the fest dates come closer?
    3. What's this about PJ playing a secret show after their set?

1 - i don't think that's true. the VIP section isn't that big; I still felt close. Also, there is a no chair area in front of the stage that helps.
    2- doubt it
    3- haven't heard anything. what have you heard?
    '03 Nashville & Atlanta
    '04 Tampa
    '08 Roo & Columbia