Pearl Jam @ New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Fest (UPDATED)

Comments

• lellopjlellopj Posts: 233
    saturday may 1

Pearl Jam, Jeff Beck, Teena Marie, Pete Fountain, Band of Horses, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Galactic, Sonny Landreth, Sugarfoot’s Ohio Players, Rebirth Brass Band, The Allen Toussaint Jazzity Project, Cyril Neville & Tribe 13, Old Crow Medicine Show, Marcus Miller, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Anders Osborne, Henry Butler, BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet, Chris Thomas King, Sagbohan Danialou of Benin, Brian Blade & the Fellowship Band, Shamarr Allen & the Underdawgs, MyNameIsJohnMichael, Charmaine Neville Band, Aaron Neville, Banu Gibson with Swing Out & Tap!, Bobby Lounge, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, New Birth Brass Band, Germaine Bazzle, The Johnson Extension, Betty Winn & One A-Chord, Pine Leaf Boys, Gregg Stafford & the Young Tuxedo Brass Band, Jumpin’ Johnny Sansone & the XL Band, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Russell Batiste & Friends feat. Jason Neville, Driskill Mountain Boys, DJ Soul Sister, Pinstripe Brass Band, Jockimo’s Groove feat. War Chief Juan & Billy Iuso, Lynn Drury, Evan Christopher and Tom McDermott, AsheSon, White Cloud Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, Zion Trinity, Kenny Bill Stinson & the ARK-LA-Mystics, Roderick Paulin & the Big Easy Groovers feat. Nicole Slack-Jones: A Tribute to Julian “Cannonball” Adderly, New Leviathan Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra, Connie Jones & the Crescent City Jazz Band, Trouble Nation and Ninth Ward Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, New Generation, First Emmanuel Baptist Church Choir, Arthur Clayton & Purposely Anointed, Paula & the Pontiacs, Xavier University Jazz Ensemble, Baby Boyz Brass Band, Jonno’s Cajun Experience, Jamil Sharif, Ayla Miller, Undefeated Divas, and Lady Jetsetters Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Saltimbanqui of Mexico, Stephen Foster’s Foster Family Program, Cherokee Hunters, Wild Red Flame, and Mohawk Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, Donnie Bolden, Jr. & the Spirit of Elijah, Tyronne Foster & the Arc Singers, Thunder Hill, Craig Adams & Higher Dimensions of Praise, Westbank Steppers, Valley of Silent Men, and Pigeon Steppers Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Alana Villavaso…
    no matter how cold the winter there's a springtime ahead
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    lellopj wrote:
    saturday may 1

Pearl Jam, Jeff Beck, Teena Marie, Pete Fountain, Band of Horses, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Galactic, Sonny Landreth, Sugarfoot’s Ohio Players, Rebirth Brass Band, The Allen Toussaint Jazzity Project, Cyril Neville & Tribe 13, Old Crow Medicine Show, Marcus Miller, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Anders Osborne, Henry Butler, BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet, Chris Thomas King, Sagbohan Danialou of Benin, Brian Blade & the Fellowship Band, Shamarr Allen & the Underdawgs, MyNameIsJohnMichael, Charmaine Neville Band, Aaron Neville, Banu Gibson with Swing Out & Tap!, Bobby Lounge, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, New Birth Brass Band, Germaine Bazzle, The Johnson Extension, Betty Winn & One A-Chord, Pine Leaf Boys, Gregg Stafford & the Young Tuxedo Brass Band, Jumpin’ Johnny Sansone & the XL Band, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Russell Batiste & Friends feat. Jason Neville, Driskill Mountain Boys, DJ Soul Sister, Pinstripe Brass Band, Jockimo’s Groove feat. War Chief Juan & Billy Iuso, Lynn Drury, Evan Christopher and Tom McDermott, AsheSon, White Cloud Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, Zion Trinity, Kenny Bill Stinson & the ARK-LA-Mystics, Roderick Paulin & the Big Easy Groovers feat. Nicole Slack-Jones: A Tribute to Julian “Cannonball” Adderly, New Leviathan Oriental Foxtrot Orchestra, Connie Jones & the Crescent City Jazz Band, Trouble Nation and Ninth Ward Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, New Generation, First Emmanuel Baptist Church Choir, Arthur Clayton & Purposely Anointed, Paula & the Pontiacs, Xavier University Jazz Ensemble, Baby Boyz Brass Band, Jonno’s Cajun Experience, Jamil Sharif, Ayla Miller, Undefeated Divas, and Lady Jetsetters Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Saltimbanqui of Mexico, Stephen Foster’s Foster Family Program, Cherokee Hunters, Wild Red Flame, and Mohawk Hunters Mardi Gras Indians, Donnie Bolden, Jr. & the Spirit of Elijah, Tyronne Foster & the Arc Singers, Thunder Hill, Craig Adams & Higher Dimensions of Praise, Westbank Steppers, Valley of Silent Men, and Pigeon Steppers Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Alana Villavaso…
    Not really impressed with Saturday's line-up - really hope that Tampa show happens

Wouldn't mind seeing Pearl Jam and Galactic though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    also I'm shocked at Harrby McCage is not playing at all
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Saturday it is!
    Kenny Wayne Shepard should be good
    Any word on any additonal US dates for 2010?
    PR165312 wrote:
    Saturday it is!
    Kenny Wayne Shepard should be good
    Any word on any additonal US dates for 2010?
    Strongly rumored: Tampa April 19th
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:

look for'em to book a latenight in the clubs!! fingers crossed
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    The Black Crowes and Pearl Jam at the same festival. 8-) :thumbup:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • dcfaithful wrote:

Love me some Crowes! Seen them plenty in Atlanta. Talk about some Vox chords...
    dcfaithful wrote:
    but different weekends
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    So, remember that one dude who was blabbering about Band of Horses playing "some shows" with them? Uhm...it's more like A "show". More accurately, they're just playing the same weekend in Nawlins.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    So, remember that one dude who was blabbering about Band of Horses playing "some shows" with them? Uhm...it's more like A "show". More accurately, they're just playing the same weekend in Nawlins.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's true, he made a point not to say tour....just some show(s)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Like this?
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I heard Band of Horses are going on tour with them in the near future.

maybe just a couple dates? heard it from the horses mouth.

Are you just making shit up now?
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • LukinFan wrote:

I went to Jazzfest in 06 when Bruce, Dave and Bob were the headliners. It was right after Katrina and most of the downtown clubs were closed. (all things Bourbon St. were open but I went there a different night) One was open and I saw Bonerama (an awesome 5-trombone rock band) and grabbed one of the best burgers of my life next door. This was one of my favorite experiences down there and it happened away from the festival. No doubt after 4 years rebuilding, the after-festival scene will be in full roar.

WAY too many drinks later, I can't remember the name of either the club or the burger joint, but I remember having a blast!
  • Is anyone staying at the Super 8 on Chef Menteur Hwy? Or does anybody know anything about that area??
  • LukinFan wrote:

I went to Jazzfest in 06 when Bruce, Dave and Bob were the headliners. It was right after Katrina and most of the downtown clubs were closed. (all things Bourbon St. were open but I went there a different night) One was open and I saw Bonerama (an awesome 5-trombone rock band) and grabbed one of the best burgers of my life next door. This was one of my favorite experiences down there and it happened away from the festival. No doubt after 4 years rebuilding, the after-festival scene will be in full roar.

WAY too many drinks later, I can't remember the name of either the club or the burger joint, but I remember having a blast!
    Burger Joint must have been PORT OF CALL. Best burgers and baked potatoes in town.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • stevedsteved Posts: 657
    Any word on performance time on Saturday?
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• ^^maaaaan so needy!! haha i kid ;)

i tell you what im really jonzin for now is some late night info...aside from pj's set that is where the REAL heat will be thruought the wknd

i mean i looove the fairgrounds and the food and the tunes and the diversity

but im a creature of the night...love rollin out of a tips or maple leaf or what have you at like 5am and hittin igors for some serious booze for tha comedown before a few short hours rest and then back at it
  • Burger Joint must have been PORT OF CALL. Best burgers and baked potatoes in town.[/quote]

Without a doubt. I cannot visit New Orleans without a meal at Port of Call. I lived on Royal once upon a time and had to eat there at least twice a week. You know its special when you have seen Francis Ford Coppola eating there on more than one occasion. Can't wait to get back down there. As for the night shows, the announcements are slowly starting to trickle out. I imagine in two weeks the night grids will really start to fill in. If anyone is interested in the night shows, here is a great place to see all the options: http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/
  • ^ah yes, swag's famous grid.

they also do something similar for the fairgrounds themselves which generally comes out in early april

i find it ver helpful to hang around the forums at http://www.nojazzfest.com/

there is one particular forum called "everything you ever wanted to know about jazzfest" that is particularly helpful and the people over there are extremely friendly in keeping with the jazzfest and nola spirit

• i find it ver helpful to hang around the forums at http://www.nojazzfest.com/
    there is one particular forum called "everything you ever wanted to know about jazzfest" that is particularly helpful and the people over there are extremely friendly in keeping with the jazzfest and nola spirit

Thanks for posting this. Gonna be very helpful for sure...
  • I think it was Port of Call. Hope I make it back there some day, but there's a long list of other places, US and abroad that I'd like to visit first!

get your room?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:

get your room?

Im waiting til Monday to book my room. Hopefully there will be some announcments then. I dont know why Im waiting because Im going to NO no matter what...
    I dont know why Im waiting because Im going to NO no matter what...
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,592
    wasnt sure if this has been mentioned before, but i was flipping through the acura magazine for some reason today, and it looks like acura owners are sent free ga tix to the fest. just a heads up in case youre looking for added incentive to go. theres a site to go to to request them and you need a number from your address label on the "style" magazine to do it. so if you or anyone you know gets their magazine...
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    IS THIS IT FOR THE US.....GIVE US SOME DAMN INFO!
    Sawyer wrote:
    there's no way that this is it- hopefully we will hear something this week
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:
    there's no way that this is it- hopefully we will hear something this week

Hope so too. If not, Atleast Ill be seeing the only show in the US for 2010. Im just excited being able to see them play this year. Remember last summer when the rumor was NO 2010 tour at all?
  • There are no hotels in New Orleans that weekend in New Orleans so I guess I won't be going
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • pj23yanks wrote:
    There are no hotels in New Orleans that weekend in New Orleans so I guess I won't be going

There are TONS... Try Orbitz, Hotwire, or Bookit.com.