Options

THE OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    what's the news?

Well, I heard they're seling part of the team to pay off Bernie Madoff lawsuit money. Is that what you meant Cliffy?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    what's the news?

Well, I heard they're seling part of the team to pay off Bernie Madoff lawsuit money. Is that what you meant Cliffy?

Yeah. 25% up for sale. Kind of a big deal, especially in NY
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,832
    So I guess Little A-yerri-a Seinfeld will be making a purchase? Jes?
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    i can see charles wang purchasing this 25% that mets are offering.

1. the wilpons wanna do something with the tire yard next to citi field
    2. wang has said he have no problems moving the islanders to queens

this would give the mets enough money to recoup the losses from the madoff scheme and the isles would bring in alota revenue for them
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

this would give the mets enough money to recoup the losses from the madoff scheme and the isles would bring in alota revenue for them

Did you just say the Islanders would bring in a lot of revenue for them? You mean those Islanders where, like, 2,000 people are showing up for games? Just because they move to Queens?
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

Did you just say the Islanders would bring in a lot of revenue for them? You mean those Islanders where, like, 2,000 people are showing up for games? Just because they move to Queens?
    yes i did

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yes i did

I think the Isles should be holding onto whatever revenue they make as it is. They need it.
  • Options

I think the Isles should be holding onto whatever revenue they make as it is. They need it.
    well not only do i think you wrong but you are wrong :lol::lol:

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

No, you're right, viable businesses can survive with that kind of attendance. :roll:

Hopefully you'll like being a fan of the newly reestablished Quebec Nordiques. :thumbup:
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

No, you're right, viable businesses can survive with that kind of attendance. :roll:

Hopefully you'll like being a fan of the newly reestablished Quebec Nordiques. :thumbup:
    and if you knew anything which you obviously don't, you'd know since wang has taken over the team he's lost 25 million dollars every year and has had to put his own pocket money into the team just so the team can stay afloat. also the isles aren't moving anywhere period but you go ahead and keep being on clueless like you are :lol::lol: .

figures you'd make a big to do bout 2 pipe dreams of mine. that bored on a friday night eh.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

and if you anything which you obviously don't, you'd know since wang has taken over the team he's lost 25 million dollars every year and has had to put his own pocket money into the team just so the team can stay afloat. also the isles aren't moving anywhere period but you go ahead and keep being on clueless like you are :lol::lol: .

figures you'd make a big to do bout 2 pipe dreams of mine. that bored on a friday night eh.

Yes, this bored on the board until I split. And until then, this is fun enough...

"since wang has taken over the team he's lost 25 million dollars every year and has had to put his own pocket money into the team just so the team can stay afloat".....sooooo, what you're saying is that this dude will continue to do this right? Even though he wants out now? Doesn't sound like the kind of owner I'd want.

No one needs to be clueless, or otherwise, to realize that that is stupidity no matter how you cut it.
  • Options
    [

Yes, this bored on the board until I split. And until then, this is fun enough...

"since wang has taken over the team he's lost 25 million dollars every year and has had to put his own pocket money into the team just so the team can stay afloat".....sooooo, what you're saying is that this dude will continue to do this right? Even though he wants out now? Doesn't sound like the kind of owner I'd want.

No one needs to be clueless, or otherwise, to realize that that is stupidity no matter how you cut it.
    he doesn't want out at all, he want's a new arena. again way to be clueless. i suggest you do this thing called research before you going throwing your tiresome 2 cents like always.

• Options
    Hey, I just was commenting on your logic of a guy who owns an organization that is hard up for any red cent of revenue would invest in the Mets, then, use that money from the hockey team - which, is in the red, as even you have stated - to contribute to the baseball team. Tell me how that makes sense. Because if anyone's clueless, that's it right there. I'd just like to know how this makes any sense. I have about 45 minutes. Go.
  • Options

• Options
    Hey, I just was commenting on your logic of a guy who owns an organization that is hard up for any red cent of revenue would invest in the Mets, then, use that money from the hockey team - which, is in the red, as even you have stated - to contribute to the baseball team. Tell me how that makes sense. Because if anyone's clueless, that's it right there. I'd just like to know how this makes any sense. I have about 45 minutes. Go.

wang buys the 25% that the wilpons are offering
    wilpons from that recoup some of their losses from the madoff ponzi scheme
    wang gets his new arena which brings in revenue for the mets. that also includes sny revenue

• Options
    Ya see, that has more to do with the Wilpons actually investing in the Isles than the other way around. This you didn't say. Wang would essentially be a tag-along here, and, that's if - big "if" here - the Wilpons actually want to invest in a fledgling hockey team. And I don't see why a family who are marred in debt due to Madoff would want to sink money into a franchise that's been ass up with their face in a pillow for the majority of the tenure under Wang. They already have one franchise like that to worry about. :lol:

And that's from June, I mean, come one. Funny, I know how to Google as well....I think what is key here is the last sentence of the second-to-last paragraph...

http://www.athbaseball.com/2011-article ... ouble.html
  • Options
    Ya see, that has more to do with the Wilpons actually investing in the Isles than the other way around. This you didn't say. Wang would essentially be a tag-along here, and, that's if - big "if" here - the Wilpons actually want to invest in a fledgling hockey team. And I don't see why a family who are marred in debt due to Madoff would want to sink money into a franchise that's been ass up with their face in a pillow for the majority of the tenure under Wang. They already have one franchise like that to worry about. :lol:

And that's from June, I mean, come one. Funny, I know how to Google as well....I think what is key here is the last sentence of the second-to-last paragraph...

trust me it will happen, you watch

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

wang buys the 25% that the wilpons are offering
    wilpons from that recoup some of their losses from the madoff ponzi scheme
    wang gets his new arena which brings in revenue for the islanders. that also includes sny revenue

But where does the Isles revenue help the Mets? Who is to guarantee that the Isle sell out the joint if their product stinks? They would need to sell out the joint every night, or damn close to, to think about then turning that money over to another franchise. Owners to don't go into business to see one fail only to help another prosper. They're still failing.

The Mets best bet is to pop champagne bottles the day all these schleps' contracts on their roster expire. The Mets have more than enough money. It just hasn't been allocated correctly.

And I fixed the third part of your logic. If anything Wang will pull in more revenue from the Mets, which, he can then use to even out the 25 mil a year he's throwing down the drain.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    the best thing that can happen to the isles is getting off Long Island. Their attendance would immediately improve just because the new arena would be easier to get to. Getting on and off LI is a major pain in the ass

now...carry on boys
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:

trust me it will happen, you watch

Nothing better than wishful thinking. Well, if you're right, good on ya. At least you'll have something to pull for again. The whole Isles and Mets being a laughing stock kinda makes up for you being a Cowboys fan, don't ya think? ;)
  • Options

Nothing better than wishful thinking. Well, if you're right, good on ya. At least you'll have something to pull for again. The whole Isles and Mets being a laughing stock kinda makes up for you being a Cowboys fan, don't ya think? ;)

true but the cowboys are much more of a laughing stock then the mets and isles. everyone expects the mets and isles to suck :| .

• Options
    its pretty sad i'm more pumped bout a documentary on the rise and fall of the 86 mets then i am of this season. i have no hope for this franchise as long as its being run by a family who used money from a failed ponzi scheme to buyout doubledays share of the franchise. the only way fans will forget bout this is if by some strange luck the mets go deep into the playoffs the next few years and i don't see that happening. outta of all of this mess i feel really feel bad for alderson, riccardi and paul d for being a part of it. i truly hope they can build a winner in the coming years.

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    its pretty sad i'm more pumped bout a documentary on the rise and fall of the 86 mets then i am of this season. i have no hope for this franchise as long as its being run by a family who used money from a failed ponzi scheme to buyout doubledays share of the franchise. the only way fans will forget bout this is if by some strange luck the mets go deep into the playoffs the next few years and i don't see that happening. outta of all of this mess i feel really feel bad for alderson, riccardi and paul d for being a part of it. i truly hope they can build a winner in the coming years.

gonna be a tough year dude. at least you're a true fan though...gotta stick with your squads even when they suck.

alderson will get that mess turned around. unfortunately
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

gonna be a tough year dude. at least you're a true fan though...gotta stick with your squads even when they suck.

alderson will get that mess turned around. unfortunately
    this is nothing for me as a fan. i've lived through and witnessed the worst team money can buy era part 1 and 2 and this is nothing compared to them.

alderson will get this mess turn around but just how much will he have to spend. will he be able to sign reyes and possibly go after king albert or will the coupons say sorry sandy we don't have the money for those big contracts. thats my main concern cause i know the draft and farm system is in good hands now and not in the hands of some clown like tony b.

• Options
    tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Thought you guys might find this, er, humorous: http://mobilwi.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a6d ... 749970b-pi
  • Options
    i wonder if i can get a 25 mil loan from MLB too :P

• Options
    metsfan wrote:

at least you know most of it's going to ollie, castillo, and bay :D
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

at least you know most of it's going to ollie, castillo, and bay :D

double_facepalm2.jpg

i do think bay will turn out to be that bad of a player. he'll have some protection in the lineup with wright batting infront of him and davis batting behind him.

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    It's almost here, I'm starting to get the itch...think we can actually have a decent year if healthy..Wright, Reyes, Beltran, Pagan, Bay, Davis, Murphy (maybe)..not too fucking bad..pitching is sketchy, but am optimistic..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    metsfan wrote:
    i do think bay will turn out to be that bad of a player. he'll have some protection in the lineup with wright batting infront of him and davis batting behind him.

You mean you don't?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16