Options

next week .......U.S. dates...... i think

Comments

• Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    i am thinking the same thing, but once those dates are put out there, you get that adrenaline and say F*ck it lol

Ha! You're right! We all do have the same symptoms for this sickness!! :mrgreen:
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    why so early? 6, 7 months in advance? I was shocked when U2 put tix on sale for a July date at Soldier Field a couple weeks ago. seems like PJ isnt too far behind.

I agree! It's kind of ridiculous that bands are putting tickets on sale so far in advance. It's as if the promoters are in the hole and trying to cover some cashflow issues.

"We're short this month, well let's put tickets up for sale for (Fill In The Blank Band), I don't care if the tour isn't until 2011! We need cash!"

This is why so early: Think of it in a business way...if you were running a business, you are in your fourth quarter right now. You have your yearly goals, and it's broken down into quarters. You try and make the most money to close out the year in your fourth quarter. The bigger the profit, the bigger the bonuses, the better profits to show on your bottom line.

Think about it guys. There was a huge merchandise sale a few weeks ago. They're announcing next years Europe tour NOW, selling tickets in a couple days. PJ, Inc. wants a nice big number to close out the business year.
  • Options
    i think it works out better for the ten club tickets and ten club members, because they wont go on sale to the public for a bit and most people think why get tickets now for spring / summer?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    Jeanwah wrote:
    why so early? 6, 7 months in advance? I was shocked when U2 put tix on sale for a July date at Soldier Field a couple weeks ago. seems like PJ isnt too far behind.

I agree! It's kind of ridiculous that bands are putting tickets on sale so far in advance. It's as if the promoters are in the hole and trying to cover some cashflow issues.

"We're short this month, well let's put tickets up for sale for (Fill In The Blank Band), I don't care if the tour isn't until 2011! We need cash!"

This is why so early: Think of it in a business way...if you were running a business, you are in your fourth quarter right now. You have your yearly goals, and it's broken down into quarters. You try and make the most money to close out the year in your fourth quarter. The bigger the profit, the bigger the bonuses, the better profits to show on your bottom line.

Think about it guys. There was a huge merchandise sale a few weeks ago. They're announcing next years Europe tour NOW, selling tickets in a couple days. PJ, Inc. wants a nice big number to close out the business year.

In general, a band's touring entity is more interested in reducing their tax liability, as opposed to showing an enlarged bottom line. Their accounting/tax goals vastly differ from those of a public company.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    In general, a band's touring entity is more interested in reducing their tax liability, as opposed to showing an enlarged bottom line. Their accounting/tax goals vastly differ from those of a public company.

I don't know a lot about the music industry, but this is being done right now for a business strategy, I almost guarantee it. Just not sure who exactly is making out here.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    2010 starts in indio :shock: :thumbup:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,390
    nice hat, Norm!! :D :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    nice hat, Norm!! :D :thumbup:

got a free bowl of gruel with it! ;) :wave:
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,489
    I hope not. I don't have anything saved.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I hope so too!! And toss in a nice long Gorge weekend while you're at it! :D

I hope US dates come soon, but I would rather they put tickets on sale AFTER Christmas.... the $$$$ lay out in combination with the holidays is just too difficult. After spending $1000 on tickets for the west coast and Philly, a little more time to recoup and plan for the east coast would be nice, cuz I don't want to miss it!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    norm wrote:
    I hope not cause I don't think I can say no to PJ & Cali ever again.

I have a feeling that you'll have some shows close enough, even if not in your state (ie: Vegas).
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    BeerBaron wrote:
    so likely mid April to the end of May. That is really only 4 months early, which is typical for Pearl Jam.

Which "Pearl Jam" are you talking about? :) 2000 or 2003 maybe... I don't remember getting a lot of 4 month notices the last couple of tours. I remember getting 3 or 4 shows announced a time, tickets going on sale within a day or two, and then a month later, more shows announced. I would LOVE a 4 month notice with a whole tour announced at once (as this Europe thing seems to be). If they come back next week and say "Good news, Pearl Jam is playing 2 shows in Chicago, and 7 in Philladelphia, and no more dates are planned as of this time, tickets go on sale tomorrow" I am just gonna :roll:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,565
    norm wrote:
    OMG! That would be awesome!!
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    norm wrote:

I have a feeling that you'll have some shows close enough, even if not in your state (ie: Vegas).

where is that feeling coming from? :P deep down inside or maybe somewhere more "credible" ? :)

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    where is that feeling coming from? :P deep down inside or maybe somewhere more "credible" ? :)

are you saying i'm not credible?! :shock:

i mean...i'm not...but how did you find out?!? ;) :P 8-)

:wave:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

Judge, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

But it looks good on you though.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,076
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    norm wrote:

Coachella? Wow I was looking at previous line ups and they have never played there before. I could have sworn they did a few years ago.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Judge, this is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. What, when you buy a hat like this I bet you get a free bowl of soup, huh?

But it looks good on you though.

how 'bout a fresca?!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    SOLAT319 wrote:

LMAO!!!
    You may just be the most credible person in here my dear :)

#standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,076
    maybe they'll play All Points West Festival in Jersey or if that one music festival in Vineland, NJ ever happens?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    pj8pj8 Posts: 408
    DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haven't played here since '03 :cry:
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,655
    Gorge weekend please!!! That would be something worth making a trip for! epic!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    I wouldn't be shocked if pearl jam tours South America sometime early next year...This is just a guess...

Jeremy
  • Options
    I'm also feeling a Coachella appearance, not sure why. Either way, I'm in.
    dream the dreams of other men...you will be no one's rival
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    where is the philly bootlegs???????????? :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    btw i think ull have dates..but before europe,or after?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    Coachella coachella coachella.........................look under your trees and inside your stockings
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    That's the thing. It isn't all that early. Given the Europe dates, if a US/Canada tour is announced in the next 2 weeks, it would almost surely be BEFORE Europe, so likely mid April to the end of May. That is really only 4 months early, which is typical for Pearl Jam.

Agreed, and it's also my guess that they tour the US in April and May.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,662
    Please play Chicago! We never get enough shows here and it's been like 3 months since the last time.
  • Options
    nbakyfannbakyfan Posts: 231
    I hope there is a tweet...

...There was no tweet for the European Tour. :(

I just like riddles we get :D.
    06/24/06: Cincy
    06/18/08: Columbia
    08/23/09 & 08/24/2009: Chicago
    05/06/2010: Columus
    05/07/2010: Indy
    05/20/2010 & 05/21/2010: NYC