Options

next week .......U.S. dates...... i think

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    coachchris wrote:
    They are saying "the hugest concert announcement this year on Monday 7am" here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Then the dj said "unless Kurt Cobain comes back from the dead"

A hint perhaps?

Keep your fingers crossed for us Western Canadians! :D
    Wow, a return to some of the Canadian cities that have only seen PJ in 2005 would be amazing!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    BeerBaron wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    They are saying "the hugest concert announcement this year on Monday 7am" here in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

A hint perhaps?

Wow, a return to some of the Canadian cities that have only seen PJ in 2005 would be amazing!

It sure will be. :D
  • Options
    Montreal please!!!!!
  • Options
    Montreal please!!!!!

+1
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,375
    coachchris wrote:

A hint perhaps?

Tragically Hip (What else could be huger than U2 who's already on sale in Canada?) ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    coachchris wrote:

A hint perhaps?

The 'Unless Kurt Cobain comes back from the dead" meaning Nirvana.
    So i'm guessing Foo Fighter's are back touring?
    Sunny Day Real Estate will be back on tour Feb in Australia with Nate, or maybe not?
  • Options
    Montreal please!!!!!
    Montreal is one of the most overdue cities out there. Considering the population and the fact that Montreal was a PJ tour staple until 2005, it must be a long 5 year wit for you guys. You deserve a show.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Hopefully no US/Canadian tour announcement until January...give us some more time to save $ and pay off our Christmas bills!

+1. Also need to catch up on my bootleg collection. Besides the unavailable Philly boots(so far) I need the 5 Europe shows and the AUS/NZ show to complete my collection.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Hopefully no US/Canadian tour announcement until January...give us some more time to save $ and pay off our Christmas bills!

+1. Also need to catch up on my bootleg collection. Besides the unavailable Philly boots(so far) I need the 5 Europe shows and the AUS/NZ show to complete my collection.

thing is, they can announce now...and have the presale in january, win-win! :mrgreen:
    i'd LOVE to know asap, and then sure...presale whenever (tho please before march!)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options

thing is, they can announce now...and have the presale in january, win-win! :mrgreen:
    i'd LOVE to know asap, and then sure...presale whenever (tho please before march!)

I hope not! If these rumored May show's are true, I'm hoping a Feb 10club presale event.
  • Options
    RD171825RD171825 Posts: 440
    I would rather a Jan or Feb presale. Its too close to Christmas to be buying tickets.
  • Options
    Aside from MSG, we have heard no credible rumours of US or Canadian shows. Given that, I find it heard to believe that an announcement is only days away.

We always have shows leaked a week or two before announcements. Even last year, with the few shows we had, word was out on Toronto, Chicago, Philly, SLC, and Seattle days or in some cases weeks before the 10C announced the dates.

I'd say we are looking at at least another few weeks. But I hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Aside from MSG, we have heard no credible rumours of US or Canadian shows.

Who said MSG was a credible? oh... wait a second... :D:lol:
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Aside from MSG, we have heard no credible rumours of US or Canadian shows. Given that, I find it heard to believe that an announcement is only days away.

We always have shows leaked a week or two before announcements. Even last year, with the few shows we had, word was out on Toronto, Chicago, Philly, SLC, and Seattle days or in some cases weeks before the 10C announced the dates.

I'd say we are looking at at least another few weeks. But I hope I am wrong.

were any of the euro gigs rumored earlier?
    i had read nothing about them until bam - the announcement.

anything is possible...;)
    demetrios wrote:

I hope not! If these rumored May show's are true, I'm hoping a Feb 10club presale event.

as i said, as long as before march...it's all good. :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    As long as there is potential dates for next yr i'm happy, i would love to venture into Canada again 8-)
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    CJMST3K wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Aside from MSG, we have heard no credible rumours of US or Canadian shows.

Who said MSG was a credible? oh... wait a second... :D:lol:

ohiseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    wait for it...........wait for itttttt.........
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    What exactly are we waiting for? :mrgreen:

Any update?
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    BeerBaron wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    What exactly are we waiting for? :mrgreen:

Any update?

A Tweet would be nice.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    joe2468 wrote:
    the waiting drove me mad
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    coachchriscoachchris Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada Posts: 749
    Poncier wrote:
    coachchris wrote:

A hint perhaps?

Tragically Hip (What else could be huger than U2 who's already on sale in Canada?) ;)

Tragically Hip just played four dates here, it won't be them. Grohl is with the Crooked Vultures so it's not the Foo. Hopefully this is good news and not some crap band they are just hiping :?
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Damn! this seems a bit early, and I don't/wouldn't have the budget for it next week or the following week (maybe January).

Euro in June-July....so that makes U.S. for April-May and/or August-November?
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    LONGRD wrote:
    Damn! this seems a bit early, and I don't/wouldn't have the budget for it next week or the following week (maybe January).

Euro in June-July....so that makes U.S. for April-May and/or August-November?

i think this is all premature at this point....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    coachchris wrote:
    Poncier wrote:
    coachchris wrote:

A hint perhaps?

Tragically Hip just played four dates here, it won't be them. Grohl is with the Crooked Vultures so it's not the Foo. Hopefully this is good news and not some crap band they are just hiping :?

What about AIC? There current tour doesn't end all that far from here? If they tossed in a Seattle reference maybe they'll stop here after the current tour dates?
  • Options
    Im almost dead from holding my breath since Thursday. Need oxygen...now.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    *skips for joy*
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    *skips for joy*
    We're supposed to hear something about the US dates this coming week? I don't see how that's going to happen.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    *skips for joy*
    We're supposed to hear something about the US dates this coming week? I don't see how that's going to happen.

we'll find out soon if OP was correct.
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • Options
    Hopefully this will be one of the big "70 stop tours" that we saw in 2000 and 2003, and a TON bigger than what we've recently seen with the "west coast, east coast" tours.

Columbus:
    2003 And a "We'll try and do this again in a few years" at the end.

We're waiting...

Those days of 72 US shows in a year... I wish those days would come back. But I think they're over.

Most of the country hasn't had a show since Riot Act or even earlier.

Yeah. :(

It just costs too much to do 72 US/Canadian shows in a year. It would be nice, because if you're rich, it would guarantee several shows within driving distance, but they're done.

I suppose we in Columbus got lucky. One show for Binaural (an Ape/Man show!) and one show for Riot Act. Cincinnati and Cleveland got shows in 2006.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    coachchris wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

What about AIC? There current tour doesn't end all that far from here? If they tossed in a Seattle reference maybe they'll stop here after the current tour dates?

*sees AIC posted*

*thinks*

In 2000, Red Hot Chili Peppers did a show with Pearl Jam in Seattle.

OTOH, AIC plus Pearl Jam? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Have you guys ever heard of the Wishkah River?

The only direction it flows is down...

That's what that damn bird SHOULD be tweeting.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"