2010 European Tour Announced (UPDATED)

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yes, it will be exactly the same as the 2006 show... as I recall, the atmosphere was shite too and the set list was the worst of the tour :?

:shock: :shock:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • wozza77 wrote:
    Great news about the tour!

Has anyone been near the front at a Hard Rock Calling event? Reason I ask, at Nijmegen, the early entry folks were kinda penned in by fences (like a reserved circle) which was cool because you had your own bar/toilets etc, so you never really lost a good spot. I know RHCP had gold circle tickets when they played Hyde Park ages ago...was wondering if 10c tickets would have the same benefits.

Was at Neil Young last year and got about 10 people from the front. No gold circle, but never know for this year as PJ come with their own agenda.
    Yep, Neil Young we got pretty close... Bruce Springsteen however :shock: we tried... and I ended up moving backwards... so I'd imagine PJ to be somewhere in between (although at lollapalooza, I got to the barrier by the end having only made my move before MMJ so I think American festival is certainly not comparable to European festival)... unless you're planning on queueing overnight... it ain't gonna be worth your time for a festival... just hang at the back.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Hinn wrote:
    Julien wrote:
    there will be no difference between GA tickets and 10C tickets. Buying 10C tix just guarantees you that you'll have tix (which is already great)
    Sandra called 10c (who else? :) ), asking if there will be early entry. She then repeated the question again cos she still thinks its really strange that they'd have an early entry for a festival, and they supposedly said yes

10c probably has Sandra's caller ID pinned on the wall- crazy lady, will ask questions and repeat herself :D
    Are people STILL really asking these questions this early? For every concert, we only know this stuff on the day... and about two minutes before the doors open and the queues have to have some kinda drama... ffs patience people! :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Yes, it will be exactly the same as the 2006 show... as I recall, the atmosphere was shite too and the set list was the worst of the tour :?

:shock: :shock:
    :D;) what do you think Jenny?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Hinn wrote:
    Julien wrote:
    there will be no difference between GA tickets and 10C tickets. Buying 10C tix just guarantees you that you'll have tix (which is already great)
    Sandra called 10c (who else? :) ), asking if there will be early entry. She then repeated the question again cos she still thinks its really strange that they'd have an early entry for a festival, and they supposedly said yes

10c probably has Sandra's caller ID pinned on the wall- crazy lady, will ask questions and repeat herself :D
    Are people STILL really asking these questions this early? For every concert, we only know this stuff on the day... and about two minutes before the doors open and the queues have to have some kinda drama... ffs patience people! :D
    I did say it was Sandra, Helen :)
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!

:D;) what do you think Jenny?

Well thank fook for that, I thought I was the only one who thought it was the worst one!

Also, HI! :wave:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Hinn wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

I did say it was Sandra, Helen :)
    :D and she'll be asking the same question at 6pm on the day of the concert :D as long as she doesn't ask if anyone can vouch for me again, I don't care!

Jenny, :o you were :D HI to you too... it's starting again :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Black will be orgasmic in Dooooblin again Helen!!
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Black will be orgasmic in Dooooblin again Helen!!
    :oops: I can't allow myself to get involved yet... can I? :oops: :D still by far my fave version of that song.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Is it just Dub you're doing?? Where are you living these days??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    as long as she doesn't ask if anyone can vouch for me again, I don't care!

:think:

I'll always vouch for you... dunno why I would risk myself like that, but there ye go 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Is it just Dub you're doing?? Where are you living these days??
    Living in Kidderminster... ideally I'd do all three Irish dates ;) but right now, Dublin would be my number one choice... even though Hyde park is the day before my birthday... it wouldn't be as special. When things pick up in the new year I can plan for the three but at the mo if I can only have one, hands down it's Dublin.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Jennytree wrote:
    as long as she doesn't ask if anyone can vouch for me again, I don't care!

:think:

I'll always vouch for you... dunno why I would risk myself like that, but there ye go 8-)
    Hahahahahaha... ya fool :lol: eh... :? I mean... thank you :)

I don't get it either Jenny, I'd vouch for you too and I don't even know ya :twisted:

Oh there's a chance I may get a night in Dublin over Christmas... very slight chance... it would be the 28th if so. Any point textin ya?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • To those of you wanting to attend the show in Arras, France.
    I am having trouble with finding a ticket outlet. I went to a couple of those mentioned on the festival website today (fnac and carrefour) and I was told that they don't sell tickets for the Main Square Festival... Hmmmm any thoughts??
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ricsard wrote:

Thanks, it helped a lot:!:
    Could you please tell us about the prices from Dublin to Belfast by either train or bus? Because we've found very few information about it.

Right, there is only one train company in Ireland. You can get info on trains to Belfast from Dublin on http://www.irishrail.ie. There is currently a special offer where you can get a train from Dublin to Belfast direct for €10 one way (this offer has been running for months now, don't think it's going away anytime soon). It takes just over 2 hours to go direct from Dublin Connolly (which isn't too far from the O2, you'll pass it on the way) to Belfast. You can't buy tickets more than 28 days in advance though.

You can also get the bus. http://www.buseireann.ie - this goes from Bus Aras (which is across from Connolly Station). Takes nearly 3 hours and costs €15 single.

Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer, your pieces of information are golden to blokes like me who have not been to Eire. I hope I can make it there next year for good reason;)
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • please come to Scotland.......one of those TBD dates can surely be used for a trip to the promised lan....the crowd would be crazy cool!
    Oh there's a chance I may get a night in Dublin over Christmas... very slight chance... it would be the 28th if so. Any point textin ya?
    Always! I'm back in work on the 29th, so I'll be in Dublin that night anywho!

Ricsard wrote:
    Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer, your pieces of information are golden to blokes like me who have not been to Eire. I hope I can make it there next year for good reason;)

No problem :D I know what it's like going to random countries! Any other questions, lash them in here, I'll try help as much as I can!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Always! I'm back in work on the 29th, so I'll be in Dublin that night anywho!

Ricsard wrote:

No problem :D I know what it's like going to random countries! Any other questions, lash them in here, I'll try help as much as I can!
    :D excellent... will let ya know. He's flying back early on the 29th so I thought we might try and make a night in Dublin but possibly not. Haven't really thought about it much yet.

So this must back up the fact that PJ skipped Ireland cos they simply don't like any other Dublin venues :?

Either that or they have a contract with O2
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Just ordered my tickets for Hyde Park. I have a couple of friends who said they might come, so I have ordered 3, very doubtful I will be solo, is there any plans for a meet up?

I am also thinking of maybe one of the Irish gigs, what do you reckon, Dublin or Belfast?
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    Nadine Z wrote:
    To those of you wanting to attend the show in Arras, France.
    I am having trouble with finding a ticket outlet. I went to a couple of those mentioned on the festival website today (fnac and carrefour) and I was told that they don't sell tickets for the Main Square Festival... Hmmmm any thoughts??

francebillet.com maybe?
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • any idea how much a pair will for hyde park through 10c?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Nadine Z wrote:

francebillet.com maybe?

Thanks!
    There is nothing announcing the festival in France yet :(
    Nadine Z wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Nadine Z wrote:

francebillet.com maybe?

Thanks!

No? And ticket sale starts this Friday at 10 AM :?
  • francebillet.com maybe?[/quote]

Thanks!
    There is nothing announcing the festival in France yet :([/quote]

No? And ticket sale starts this Friday at 10 AM :?[/quote]

Yes I am finding this a bit bizarre too. The festival's main website isn't even updated yet.
  • Lone Wolf wrote:
    Nadine Z wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

francebillet.com maybe?

Thanks!

No? And ticket sale starts this Friday at 10 AM :?

That's fine... you should get the notice on Thursday then so and that will be plenty of time :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • That's fine... you should get the notice on Thursday then so and that will be plenty of time :D[/quote]

Yes I sure do hope so!! :D
    Thanks!
    There is nothing announcing the festival in France yet :([/quote]

No? And ticket sale starts this Friday at 10 AM :?[/quote]

That's fine... you should get the notice on Thursday then so and that will be plenty of time :D[/quote]

Thanks for reassuring - appreciate it! :D
  • HorganHorgan Posts: 11
    Is it just Dub you're doing?? Where are you living these days??
    Living in Kidderminster... ideally I'd do all three Irish dates ;) but right now, Dublin would be my number one choice... even though Hyde park is the day before my birthday... it wouldn't be as special. When things pick up in the new year I can plan for the three but at the mo if I can only have one, hands down it's Dublin.

:o:o

3 irish dates?

did i miss something????
  • Horgan wrote:
    Is it just Dub you're doing?? Where are you living these days??

:o:o

3 irish dates?

did i miss something????
    :D Yip, Dublin, Belfast & London :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life