2010 European Tour Announced (UPDATED)

Comments

• quote]

i'd like to go to Dublin, maybe stay an extra day for sightseeing. I'm just not sure I'm going on my own.
    Sightseeing on your own is kinda boring. But I don't know if anyone is willing to go with me. My friends are not big fans so I don't think they want to spend money on a plane ticket and a hotel.[/quote]

dump em... get new friends!!! ;)
  • IamMine wrote:
    I think this is really wonderful, rubysdad... because it gives people plenty of time to save money and plans to go to Europe.

I'm just expressing my concerns about the trend of not giving people enough time to think and save for the tickets they would like to purchase ahead of time, especially in the economy state many of us are experiencing.

December? Ouch.

But... i'm just offering constructive comments that i hope you and your organization will consider in the future on how to make this more available to the fans who otherwise couldn't.

Thanks and congratulations to everyone who had been waiting for this announcement!

Berlin would be the city I'd choose for us to go.... very rich history there!

Yip totally agree, it's great to have time to save for a PJ show for a change instead of having to up the overdraft or get a bank loan!! well done guys and lets hope this is the way it is for the future :mrgreen:
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • Can anyone confirm if the 10C tickets will get you early entry to HRC? as this is a festival i'm wondering what the difference between 10C tickets and general addmission.
    Glasgow 00, Dublin 06, Lisbon 06, Lisbon 06, Munich 07, London 07, New York 08, New York 08, Manchester 09, London 09, Dublin 10, Belfast 10, London 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 12, Manchester 12, Berlin 12, Berlin 12, Amsterdam 14, Amsterdam 14, Berlin 14, Leeds 14,
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    there will be no difference between GA tickets and 10C tickets. Buying 10C tix just guarantees you that you'll have tix (which is already great)
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Can anyone confirm if the 10C tickets will get you early entry to HRC? as this is a festival i'm wondering what the difference between 10C tickets and general addmission.

It would seem 10C tix will get you early entry to HRC. A bit before the crowds (assuming you want to spend hours and hours at the same place!).
  • Jennytree wrote:
    mm154093 wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a dedicated mosh pit in the new O2 in Dublin. No point in getting early access if you need to go to the toilet/bar and end up at the back again.

I'm not sure yet. I was only in the O2 once, and wasn't anywhere near the front. This is the seating chart for the O2. It's MUCH improved from The Point, semi circular and there's a good view and sound everywhere. Bars are well stocked with lots of beverages now instead of crappy Heineken.

There is also a tram line running from a main street in Dublin city centre (Abbey St, which is beside O'Connell St.) to the O2 down by the docklands (jeez, how much like London is Dublin trying to be?!). There's a map here, you're looking for the stop called "The Point" which is on the top left corner.

Sorry, I went on a bit of a rant to answer yer question, but might be helpful for other people reading this :lol:

Yup heard the red line was extended today to the point. But I'm hearing there might not be a mosh pit but I have a few contacts out there checking if there was one for other concerts, I know there defo was not one for Leonard Cohen, but he's a different type of artist. :D Will let ye know what I hear tonight
    martin mcg
  • mm154093 wrote:
    Yup heard the red line was extended today to the point. But I'm hearing there might not be a mosh pit but I have a few contacts out there checking if there was one for other concerts, I know there defo was not one for Leonard Cohen, but he's a different type of artist. :D Will let ye know what I hear tonight

I was at Neil Young in the O2 and there was no pit for that either.
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Julien wrote:
    there will be no difference between GA tickets and 10C tickets. Buying 10C tix just guarantees you that you'll have tix (which is already great)
    Sandra called 10c (who else? :) ), asking if there will be early entry. She then repeated the question again cos she still thinks its really strange that they'd have an early entry for a festival, and they supposedly said yes

10c probably has Sandra's caller ID pinned on the wall- crazy lady, will ask questions and repeat herself :D
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Hinn wrote:
    Julien wrote:
    Sandra called 10c (who else? :) ), asking if there will be early entry. She then repeated the question again cos she still thinks its really strange that they'd have an early entry for a festival, and they supposedly said yes

10c probably has Sandra's caller ID pinned on the wall- crazy lady, will ask questions and repeat herself :D
    :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • alesekalesek Posts: 809
    whiteside wrote:
    mm154093 wrote:

I was at Neil Young in the O2 and there was no pit for that either.
    !!??
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Tbh, it'll be hell if there isn't a pit in the O2.

I went to see Megadeth and Testament there, never noticed a pit but I was down the back. Dunno if I'll be in it between now and June either!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    SO I am thinking about buying some 10C tickets for a variety of shows tomorrow. What do I need to know about ordering tickets; for instance can I open multiple browsers for purchases to Dublin, Belfast, and London, should I expect a site crash, etc?

Thanks
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• alfro_jalfro_j Posts: 145
    since all pre-sales start at different times, why would you open different browser windows?
  • HorganHorgan Posts: 11
    :D:D:D

My 1st Post,

Hi fellow Pearl Jam friends,

so excited about this,

Gonna do Dublin, Belfast and Optimus alive.
    jordan k wrote:
    SO I am thinking about buying some 10C tickets for a variety of shows tomorrow. What do I need to know about ordering tickets; for instance can I open multiple browsers for purchases to Dublin, Belfast, and London, should I expect a site crash, etc?

Thanks

There is no need to do this as tickets for each city go on sale at different times.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Horgan wrote:
    :D:D:D

My 1st Post,

Hi fellow Pearl Jam friends,

so excited about this,

Gonna do Dublin, Belfast and Optimus alive.
    wellcome!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Any news regarding TBD dates?

Paris? Something in Spain? Other? !!
    -- rafa
    The first is Nijmegen in Holland, one of the others is a festival in Bilboa in Spain.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Tbh, it'll be hell if there isn't a pit in the O2.

I went to see Megadeth and Testament there, never noticed a pit but I was down the back. Dunno if I'll be in it between now and June either!

no pit for kol or neil young either.dont think they do one in the o2.
    1996:Cork 2000:Dublin 2006:Dublin,Barcelona,Madrid 2007:London,Dusseldorf,Nijmegen
    2009:Manchester,London 2010:Dublin,Belfast,London,Berlin 2012: Manchester 1 +2,Stockholm,copenhagen 2013: New York ,Philadelphia
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 2018: London 1, Lisbon 2022: London 1+ 2, Krakow 2023: Austin 1 + 2
  • should I expect a site crash, etc?

of course you will have a server crash it's just like your first sex rapport, no ejaculation, no joy, server crash is the same
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Jennytree wrote:
    mm154093 wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is a dedicated mosh pit in the new O2 in Dublin. No point in getting early access if you need to go to the toilet/bar and end up at the back again.

I'm not sure yet. I was only in the O2 once, and wasn't anywhere near the front. This is the seating chart for the O2. It's MUCH improved from The Point, semi circular and there's a good view and sound everywhere. Bars are well stocked with lots of beverages now instead of crappy Heineken.

There is also a tram line running from a main street in Dublin city centre (Abbey St, which is beside O'Connell St.) to the O2 down by the docklands (jeez, how much like London is Dublin trying to be?!). There's a map here, you're looking for the stop called "The Point" which is on the top left corner.

Sorry, I went on a bit of a rant to answer yer question, but might be helpful for other people reading this :lol:

Thanks, it helped a lot:!:
    Could you please tell us about the prices from Dublin to Belfast by either train or bus? Because we've found very few information about it.
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Ricsard wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    mm154093 wrote:

Could you please tell us about the prices from Dublin to Belfast by either train or bus? Because we've found very few information about it.

As far as I remember (i used to get bus/train between the two a lot) train costs about £36 for a return ticket, where as Bus costs about £16 (don't quote me on these prices :D) Buses used to run through the night hourly, while the last train tended to leave at about 9 o'clock. Hope my memory serves me correctly!
  • anybody got the ticketmaster pre-sale link ? not bothered about 10C tickets for this one

Which shows are you doing?
    dublin, belfast and london

we will get a proper drink this time :)
    You still on the Bass shandy Colin? :mrgreen:
  • These dates have worked out really well for me
    I,m missing hyde park because of the glastonbury clash,bit i,m hoping to catch them in Berlin and Ireland

perfect ;)
  • Jennytree wrote:
    The first is Nijmegen in Holland, one of the others is a festival in Bilboa in Spain.

Bilbao BBK you mean? are you sure??
    -- rafa
  • Jennytree wrote:

Bilbao BBK you mean? are you sure??
    :D
  • Roll on this time tomorrow!!!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Any idea on the price for tickets tomorrow? I don't think I saw it in thr TC email.
  • Outdoor arena.

In 2006 the dublin show was realy short, will it be like that again?
    Yes, it will be exactly the same as the 2006 show... as I recall, the atmosphere was shite too and the set list was the worst of the tour :?
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Ricsard wrote:

Right, there is only one train company in Ireland. You can get info on trains to Belfast from Dublin on http://www.irishrail.ie. There is currently a special offer where you can get a train from Dublin to Belfast direct for €10 one way (this offer has been running for months now, don't think it's going away anytime soon). It takes just over 2 hours to go direct from Dublin Connolly (which isn't too far from the O2, you'll pass it on the way) to Belfast. You can't buy tickets more than 28 days in advance though.

You can also get the bus. http://www.buseireann.ie - this goes from Bus Aras (which is across from Connolly Station). Takes nearly 3 hours and costs €15 single.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
This discussion has been closed.