Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather March 13, 2010

Comments

• Whats the normal procedures for testing ?

Why isn't this the same as every other fight ?

I think Mayweather is playing games...just follow the same rules as every other fight and get it on !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Whats the normal procedures for testing ?

Why isn't this the same as every other fight ?

I think Mayweather is playing games...just follow the same rules as every other fight and get it on !
    mayweather is def playing mind games and its working. All mayweather wants to do is have the testing olympic style which tests your blood a few weeks before the fight, 2 days before the fight and after the fight. Pac doesn't wanna do a blood test. Hmm i wonder why?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,772
    I would have to say Floyd Mayweather would win. Hell he "knocked out" the Big Show :lol:

mayweather_big.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    What a dissappointment the fight is OFF! With no shred of evidence that Manny has used any drugs he refuses to make any concessions on drug testing. Most of what Mayweather wants even isn't required by the state of Nevada.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    g under p wrote:
    What a dissappointment the fight is OFF! With no shred of evidence that Manny has used any drugs he refuses to make any concessions on drug testing. Most of what Mayweather wants even isn't required by the state of Nevada.

Peace

It's all a joke. I refuse to think this fight is off for good. Last estimate has each of them getting $40+ mil. This is getting really annoying though.
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    It's just a ploy to make more money. :mrgreen:

I have to question the demand on Pacquiao for the blood tests though. I'm suspecting that Mayweather isn't that keen on this fight. Watching Pacquiao in his last fight take some really hard shots from Cotto and just shake them off, shows that he's able to take a punch from a much more powerful boxer now. Couple that with his unbelievable hand speed, he could be more than a match for Mayweather.
    Given that Mayweather's been out of the sport for years prior to his comeback, he's maybe trying to buy time to prepare.
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
    Starfall wrote:
    It's just a ploy to make more money. :mrgreen:

I have to question the demand on Pacquiao for the blood tests though. I'm suspecting that Mayweather isn't that keen on this fight. Watching Pacquiao in his last fight take some really hard shots from Cotto and just shake them off, shows that he's able to take a punch from a much more powerful boxer now. Couple that with his unbelievable hand speed, he could be more than a match for Mayweather.
    Given that Mayweather's been out of the sport for years prior to his comeback, he's maybe trying to buy time to prepare.

I agree, the more we talk about this fight 3 months out the more money it is going to make.

Yoy may be on to something with this and it is probably not a bad move by Mayweather. Pacquiao did take some hits early in the Cotto fight and it didn't phase him at all. I definitely think he is going to be Mayweathers toughest opponent but I think Mayweather is just too damn good.

The 3 blood tests (one at the press conference, 1 during training but not within 30 days and one after the fight) that Arum and Pacquiao proposed seems reasonable but you have to wonder why Pacquiao was willing to take a blood test 14 days before the Hatton fight but not this fight. Maybe the Mayweather camp does know something.

Edit: The Mayweather camp has to make some type of concessions.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

It's all a joke. I refuse to think this fight is off for good. Last estimate has each of them getting $40+ mil. This is getting really annoying though.

Oh No not for good, too much money to be made. Just off maybe for that date of March 13th, Mayweather needs all the time in the world to prepare for this one. I saw the Pac Mac fight last year and he's a beast in the ring, hard to believe he has lost a fight.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Oh No not for good, too much money to be made. Just off maybe for that date of March 13th, Mayweather needs all the time in the world to prepare for this one. I saw the Pac Mac fight last year and he's a beast in the ring, hard to believe he has lost a fight.

Peace

For sure. He really is a beast, I was really really impressed with the Cotto fight.
    "Throughout this whole process I have remained patient but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them," Mayweather said in a statement.

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass."

For the first time ever, I think I am a Money Mayweather fan.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    "Throughout this whole process I have remained patient but at this point I am thoroughly disgusted that Pacquiao and his representatives are trying to blame me for the fight not happening when clearly the blame is on them," Mayweather said in a statement.

"First and foremost, not only do I want to fight Manny Pacquiao, I want to whip his punk ass."

Ugh

I can never root for him !

It's funny thats how I feel about Mayweather I want his punk ass whipped !

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Ugh

I can never root for him !

It's funny thats how I feel about Mayweather I want his punk ass whipped !

:D

I felt the same way until recently. I hated how much he ran his mouth but Pacman has kind of pissed me off recently as well, scheduling a concert the night of the Cotto fight, being a bitch about the drug tests and shit like that.

Mayweather I think may be the best fighter I have ever seen (I am a huge Tyson fan). I am really just hoping for a great fight and I have watched boxing long enough to know we probably wont get a great one but thats what I am hoping for.
    Looks like the fight just might be OFF. Pacquiao now scheduled to fight Joshua Clottey on March 13th.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3224 ... ch-13-2010

Peace

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Yup, bunch of fucking hype for nothing..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Wow, really starting to look like this fight is not going to happen. Well, I for one can tell you that I will not be ordering any fight that is not Mayweather-Pacquiao and I am sure that goes for many. No one is going to get anything out of watching either of them fight anyone else. It is fucking pointless. FUCKING MAKE IT HAPPEN ASSHOLES!!!
    This fight is supposed to be tomorrow night. Fucking bullshit. I am not watching either of these guys fight until they fight each other. They are both fucking pussies.
  • StarfallStarfall Posts: 548
    Well, Pacquiao won a fairly easy decision against Clottey tonight. No pushover.

Now let's see how Mosley vs Mayweather turns out....
    "It's not hard to own something. Or everything. You just have to know that it's yours, and then be willing to let it go." - Neil Gaiman, "Stardust"
    Starfall wrote:

No disrespect but....NO FUCKING SHIT!

There is no reason watching either of these motherfuckers fight unless it is against each other. Mosely is like 134 years old, congats Floyd, you will still be undefeated.

Fuck this shit. This is the first fight in 20 years I didnt order. I will not watch either of these pussies fight until it is against the other person.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Starfall wrote:

Clottey just had his hands up the whole fight. Looked like he just wanted the money. I laughed when Manny hit him with both hands at the same time on the sides of his head.
    So yeah, I gave in and ordered the fight. I am a boxing junkie.
    Give some updates on the fight if you can. I expect Merriweather to win in a decision with a mega fight at the end of the year with *Pac Man*

g under p wrote:
    Give some updates on the fight if you can. I expect Merriweather to win in a decision with a mega fight at the end of the year with *Pac Man*

Will do. Last undercard just ended, a impressive red-headed Mexican 19 year old won. Mosley is just getting his hands wrapped. I agree with your prediction. I dont think Mosley has much of a chance but a couple buddies think he does.
    Mosley just beat the shit out of him in the 2nd round. Mayweather made it though but was very wobbly.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Mosley just beat the shit out of him in the 2nd round. Mayweather made it though but was very wobbly.

Cool Thanks :D

Good 3rd round for mayweather
    Mayweather is taking over.
    This one is in the bag.

Dear Manny Pacquiao,

Please stop taking steroids (only assumption one can make) and fight Floyd Mayeather. It will be awesome and win or lose, you will make $30 million.

Signed,
    Boxing Fans Everywhere
    Easy work.

41-0
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,901
    boooooooooooooooooring! :problem:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This one is in the bag.

Dear Manny Pacquiao,

Please stop taking steroids (only assumption one can make) and fight Floyd Mayeather. It will be awesome and win or lose, you will make $30 million.

Signed,
    Boxing Fans Everywhere

As a Filipino, I find your statement about Manny taking steroids totally baseless considering he's never failed a test. The man just doesn't like needles and Mayweather knows this and his father started a totally baseless rumor because he's scared and ducking him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3749 ... y-pacquiao
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13