Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather March 13, 2010

g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
It's set for March 13th and they'll fight at 147 lbs....advantage the PACMAN in a TKO No site has been decided for the fight...Las Vegas or Texas stadium? I can't see this fight outside of Vegas.

My dilemma a few days after a significant birthday and around the time of opening day for Spring Training of the Red Sox...what or which one should I attend?

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Teaser!!

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao

Peace
*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
.....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    I cannot wait for this fight, going to be awesome. Biggest fight in a long long time.

Pacman is not knocking out Mayweather
    Oh and you are right, this fight is not taking place outside of Vegas. It will be at the MGM Grand just like it should be. Especially in this economy, Vegas is not going to lose out on this fight.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Oh and you are right, this fight is not taking place outside of Vegas. It will be at the MGM Grand just like it should be. Especially in this economy, Vegas is not going to lose out on this fight.

However, however so many people want to see this fight the MGM Grand or most other venues in Vegas aren't big enough. I saw the Pacman fight Diaz by accident last year and the Mandalay Bay Hotel was surprisingly sold out. He has a huge huge following from the Philippines. I really didn't know much about him then but I do now and he packs them in for sure.

BTW that was super exciting fight too.

Peac
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• i hope this fight happens but i doubt it will.
    i hope this fight happens but i doubt it will.

Why? there's too much money to be made by all parties

Peace

i hope this fight happens but i doubt it will.

Looks like its pretty much a done deal. Suprised it didn't take much time to come to an agreement but it sounds like both parties agree on the money which is the most important part.
  • i still think it will not happen. the fight will be scheduled and then at the last second something will happen. it's the way boxing is anymore. i say an injury will be reported but actually it was all set up to get people thinking about boxing. we'll see i guess.
    i still think it will not happen. the fight will be scheduled and then at the last second something will happen. it's the way boxing is anymore. i say an injury will be reported but actually it was all set up to get people thinking about boxing. we'll see i guess.

Yes, but injuries are part of the game. Which can happen at any time you make it sound as if there's a conspiracy in the making.

Peace

i still think it will not happen. the fight will be scheduled and then at the last second something will happen. it's the way boxing is anymore. i say an injury will be reported but actually it was all set up to get people thinking about boxing. we'll see i guess.

Nah man, not this fight, if I had to guess each of them is going to make $20 million easy. Neither of them is going to turn that down.

Mayweathers last fight got postponed becasue of injury and they still fought and that wasn't nearly a pay day like this is going to be.
  • Oh man I cant wait for this fight! It will definitely be worth forking over the $50-60 for the PPV....
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nah man, not this fight, if I had to guess each of them is going to make $20 million easy. Neither of them is going to turn that down.

Mayweathers last fight got postponed becasue of injury and they still fought and that wasn't nearly a pay day like this is going to be.

This fight is in the league of Hagler/Leonard and yes Mayweather has bad hands. However with this much at stake around the world they WILL get in the ring to cash this potential huge payday.

peace

• g under p wrote:
    you make it sound as if there's a conspiracy in the making.

Peace

have you been following boxing in the last 20 years? :D
    Oh man I cant wait for this fight! It will definitely be worth forking over the $50-60 for the PPV....

Yes this fight is a must and the whole Vegas atmosphere is out of this world. The other cool thing is after 4-6 hours of boxing with the undercards it ends around 9pm Vegas time and then you can go out and PARTY! :D

BTW that's the second best logo in hockey behind of course the BRUINS, the original 6!

Peace :D

• g under p wrote:
    Oh man I cant wait for this fight! It will definitely be worth forking over the $50-60 for the PPV....

Yes this fight is a must and the whole Vegas atmosphere is out of this world. The other cool thing is after 4-6 hours of boxing with the undercards it ends around 9pm Vegas time and then you can go out and PARTY! :D

BTW that's the second best logo in hockey behind of course the BRUINS, the original 6!

Peace :D

Yeah, I doubt I'll make it to Vegas, but I definitely need to get out there for a big fight weekend at some point.

I'd prob rank the Hawks logo first :) , but you cant go wrong with any of the original 6, right???
    g under p wrote:
    you make it sound as if there's a conspiracy in the making.

Peace

have you been following boxing in the last 20 years? :D

I have followed it for years and I know all the shenanigans that goes on. However, in this case there shouldn't be any nonsense with so much on the line. With delays the fight loses interest and bigtime money to put all back together again.

Peace

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    g under p wrote:
    It's set for March 13th and they'll fight at 147 lbs....advantage the PACMAN in a TKO No site has been decided for the fight...Las Vegas or Texas stadium? I can't see this fight outside of Vegas.

My dilemma a few days after a significant birthday and around the time of opening day for Spring Training of the Red Sox...what or which one should I attend?

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather Teaser!!

Floyd Mayweather

Manny Pacquiao

Peace

Damn, I missed this news.

Great stuff!! It'll be a fucking classic fight. I hope Pacman does a job on him.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Shit, I nearly choked on an ear when I heard about this news last week....cannot fucking wait!! Epic, Epic..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • manny manny manny :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I was watching Floyd Mayweather on Joe Buck's show on HBO and they were saying this is not set in stone and we will have to wait and see. This came from Floyd himself. Has something been solidified since?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I was watching Floyd Mayweather on Joe Buck's show on HBO and they were saying this is not set in stone and we will have to wait and see. This came from Floyd himself. Has something been solidified since?

That's probably true, that is usually what is said at this point. Also just could be a ploy for more money but I can gaurantee that neither fighter is walking away from this fight.

Peace

Take the drug tests Pacman!

$10 mil for every pound. Wow!
  • BronyBrony Posts: 631
    must have something to hide...
    Fuck me, fights off as of right now.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

That sux

I haven't payed attention to boxing in years this fight actually intrigued me

Hopefully it gets resolved
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

That sux

I haven't payed attention to boxing in years this fight actually intrigued me

Hopefully it gets resolved

Yeah blows big time.

That is why this is such a big payday for both, people will buy this fight that have not watched a fight in 10 years.

I think it will get resolved, when it comes down to it, I don't think either of them is going to pass up a $20-$30 mil payday or more.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,179
    Hi's refusing to get tested ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hate to say i told you so but the fight will never happen.
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/8427743.stm

Wednesday, 23 December 2009

Floyd Mayweather's fight with Manny Pacquiao 'is off'

Floyd Mayweather Jr's planned bout with Manny Pacquiao is off because of a blood-testing dispute, according to Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum.

"As far as I'm concerned, the fight is off," said Arum, referring to the scheduled 13 March welterweight bout.

The American's camp were told by Pacquiao's people that the Filipino would not agree to blood-testing in the 30 days prior to the fight.

The welterweight super-fight was expected to be the richest of all time.

Arum accused Mayweather's camp of raising the issue not because they were worried about Pacquiao taking performance-enhancing substances, but because Mayweather never wanted to fight in the first place.

Arum said Pacquiao would agree to testing by the same agencies that test pro American Football and baseball players, but not for random tests by the US Anti-Doping Agency.

Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach added: "The sanctioning bodies and the state commissions run the boxing world, not Floyd Mayweather.

"Who is this guy to tell us that we have to have blood tests, or urine tests, or any tests? He's just looking for a way out of the fight."

Mayweather associate Richard Schaefer said: "He, Pacquiao, would only agree to have blood drawn before the kick-off press conference and after the fight.

"It is unfortunate to hear this from Manny Pacquiao's representatives, particularly since both parties had worked out all other issues related to this fight."

Unbeaten Mayweather's management want both men - regarded as the two best pound-for-pound fighters in the world - to submit to blood-testing prior to the bout, to ensure both men are clean.

Schaefer, who is chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, added: "Todd [DuBoef, president of Pacquiao's promoters Top Rank] told me that Pacquiao has difficulty with taking blood and doesn't want to do it so close to the fight."

Prior to Arum's announcement, the 32-year-old Mayweather had urged Pacquiao to agree to the blood-testing.

"I understand Pacquiao not liking having his blood taken, because frankly I don't know anyone who really does," said Mayweather.

"But in a fight of this magnitude, I think it is our responsibility to subject ourselves to sportsmanship at the highest level."

But Roach countered: "We have passed every test ever given to us. We go by the commission rules, since when does the fighter make up the rules?

"When Manny gives blood it takes him three or four days to recover from it. I am not going to have my fighter going into a fight feeling weak and not sure of himself.

"Mayweather is scared, and he's just afraid that he's going to get his ass kicked."

The fight had been expected to be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The Staples Center in Los Angeles, home of the NBA's Lakers was also touted as a possible venue and representatives of Cowboys Stadium in Dallas were also said to be interested in hosting arguably the biggest fight since the turn of the century.

Pacquiao, 31, became a five-weight world champion following his WBO welterweight title win over Miguel Cotto in November, while Las Vegas-based Mayweather returned from a 21-month retirement to beat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September.

Arum added that Pacquiao still plans to fight on 13 March and will now look for another opponent.
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    How about they do urine testing before the the fight and blood testing after the fight?
    Don't fighters always get tested a day or two after their fights anyway?
    And if found any illegal use of PED's, the officials will DQ the fight or list the fight as a "no contest."

That's how it's always been done in boxing and even in UFC(I think).
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
    hate to say i told you so but the fight will never happen.

Lots of time left. It's going to happen, way too big of a payday like I said many times.