Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Oh goodness
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Here we go...regardless of this pick people will freak out. Even though the guy they take has about a 50/50 shot of being on the roster in an hour. haha
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    Okafor!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    now hinkie is taking bids (for okafor and noel) and figuring out which team wants to get raped

2013 it was NO
    2014 it was Orlando

step right up and grab your ankles....
  • Options
    Haha dude. Blind faith is a weird thing
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,496
    I hear he lacks "drive"
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options

Hinkie is doing what this franchise should have been doing for the last 20 years. It's refreshing
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The Fixer said:

Hinkie is doing what this franchise should have been doing for the last 20 years. It's refreshing
    I hear you and I agree. I just think it's insane to think this dude is a genius and its fail proof.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    God dang it, Pacers!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    The Fixer said:

a few hours ago you wanted to trade the pick to get two picks around 10-12. you all over the place man. I guess if you take every angle possible you are correct at least once.

there were 3 really possible superstar type players in the draft and the Sixers got one. not the perimeter one and not my 1st choice but under the circumstances the right choice. just a shame that in a perimeter oriented league that two years in row tanking left the Sixers one pick away from the perimeter stud of the draft. going to suck to see Wiggins and Russell be stars in the league over the next decade or so and think what might have been.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    MAYBE Hinkie will make a trade, but if he doesn't, is ther the next LeBron James in next year's draft that we don't know about?>LOL!!>because the Sixers will probably have the worst record next year.

Still NO shooters or a point guard. Who's gonna get Okafor the ball? Me?>LOL!!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I guess Henry Sims is on the trading block now.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

yeah i don't get it either. i'm a fan of the guy too and think the direction they are going makes sense.....but come on, gotta look at things with a critical eye. if not, its like voting for one political party each election without even caring who is on the ballot. stupid.

they just got unlucky here. obviously russell was the guy. obviously embied is hurt more than originally thought. the smoke screen stuff is laughable at this point.

they ultimately got the best player available again and i agree with the pick but he's not without his limitations. cant/doesn't want to play defense, can't shoot free throws to save his life and has no mid range jumper to speak about. he is the best low post player to come out in years and i think he's gonna be about a 20/10 guy for the foreseeable....just doesn't fit well with what they have. one of them will be traded if embied is able to play. maybe you get your guard that way, who knows?

my beef with the draft is not okafu, it's not using any of their assets to hop back into the top 10 for mudiay or at least a mid first round for maybe grant's brother, especially since next year's draft is supposed to be weak. we're entering the 3rd year of this and have only added one guy who can shoot the ball--covington.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    bodner's scouting report on okafor:

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/06/17/draft-profile-jahlil-okafor-sixers-draftland/

Fit with the Sixers

On the one hand, Okafor's fit with the Sixers is borderline terrible. Okafor doesn't have the lateral foot speed to play next to either Noel or Joel Embiid defensively, he doesn't have the perimeter shot to complement either offensively, and his post-up game is going to make the paint crowded for the similarly low-post-scoring Embiid or the non-shooting Noel, and he doesn't have the elite-level rim protection that general manager Sam Hinkie has shown to value in his big men.

On the other hand, if you're of the opinion that the Sixers' main priority is not to round out their roster, but instead taking any and every road to make sure that they have a franchise-level player on their roster in three years, Okafor might be a worthwhile investment.

The problem with drafting Okafor is twofold: First, you have to hope that you can mold him into a better defender. Not necessarily an elite-level defender, as Okafor has enough offensive skills to be an incredibly valuable player without reaching Nerlens Noel levels of defense, but building your team around a center who is a liability on defense is extremely tough. If you believe that you can improve his defensive instincts, that you can improve his defensive awareness, and that his improved conditioning will lead to Okafor closing out more plays defensively, then there's something to work with.

The second problem with the Sixers drafting Okafor is his fit with Embiid and Noel. Offensively, Okafor's entire value is derived from his ability to dominate near the basket and make his teammates better when defenses rotate to help. Embiid looks like he's on his way to developing enough of a perimeter game that you could let Okafor camp out in the paint, but that would be wasting another potentially dominant post player in Embiid, and it would also require Noel's jump shot, which he did show signs of improving this past year, to improve rather dramatically for his fit with Okafor to work as well.

On the defensive side of the court, Okafor's struggles defending out in space on the perimeter and slowing down guards off the pick-and-roll would be a huge problem. Again, there might be some hope that improving Okafor's conditioning (and keeping it at that level throughout his career) would help, but he has a long way to go before he's even passable in this regard.

Draft the best player. That's almost always the right call for teams at the top of the draft, and the uncertainty surrounding Embiid would seem to drive home that point. Okafor will challenge that notion as much as anybody, however, as it's difficult to envision him being a good fit next to either Embiid or Noel.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer said:

So I just read Michael Barkan says a source told him Embied is 100% healthy and that Embied posted on Wrotens Instagram page how he can't wait for the season to start. Think we can breathe a little easier folks...

some of us knew this was all bs from the get-go. Hinkie Magic at work
    yeah, no.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    could be worse, guys.....we could be knicks fans. HEY OH!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    you gonna change the thread to "triple tank" or wait and see how the off-season plays out?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

you gonna change the thread to "triple tank" or wait and see how the off-season plays out?

ha....we'll see. you never know what can happen. they may even sign or trade for someone who can shoot the ball.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

LOL!!!

Here's a mock draft for next year :

A 2016 NBA Mock Draft just one day after the 2015 NBA Mock draft? Before free agency? Yup, we do this every year. Last year’s predictions were actually decent – nine of the 14 guys we had in the lottery were taken in the top 20, and only three of the players projected into the lottery didn’t get selected.

14. Portland Trailblazers – Jaylen Brown, SF, California. Extremely highly on him as a college player. Should be a star in the Pac-10. Explosive, lives to dunk on people. But at 6-foot-6, I’m not sure he yet has the shooting to be a true wing in the NBA.

13. Boston Celtics – Malik Pope, SF, San Diego State. Smooth wing player who took a backseat to a few seniors last year, and is poised to really blow up as a sophomore. Nice, long defensive player, emerging offensive talent.

12. Dallas Mavericks – Dragan Bender, Israel. Only 17 years old, he’s a 7-foot-1, 215-pound project who ultimately will play Stretch 4. Mark Cuban stashes him for a year during the transition from Dirk to the lottery and then quick bounce-back? Unless of course they’re able to land some big names in free agency. Bender could be the Porzingis of the 2016 draft, and soar into the Top 3 a year from now.

11. Brooklyn Nets – Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, SG, Kansas. The buzz out of Kansas practice last season was that the 6-foot-7 Mykhailiuk was ballin’ and he’s expected to help the Jayhawks be in the Title hunt next season. Here’s a nice read on him.

Jakob Poeltl

10. Utah Jazz – Jakob Poeltl, C, Utah. Picked up Trey Lyles to backup Derrick Favors, and Poeltl could be a nice backup for Rudy Gobert. Poeltl might have a little Kaminsky in him. Next season, the Jazz should settle on a point guard – Burke or Exum, but keep an eye on Hanlan – and target the playoffs in 2016-2017.

9. Toronto Raptors – Kris Dunn, PG, Providence. Could have entered the 2015 draft, but is staying a year probably in hopes of improving his shooting (35 percent on just 77 3-point attempts). Big, tough point guard who is the antithesis of Kyle Lowry.

8. Indiana Pacers – Dwayne Bacon, SG, Florida State. I’m overly bullish on Bacon, but 6-foot-6 SGs who can slash and shoot are where the NBA is headed, maybe for the next few years. Such a fan of Bacon, I think FSU is a Final 4 sleeper.

7. Phoenix Suns – Daniel Hamilton, G/F, Connecticut. The Huskies never meshed last year after losing Shabazz Napier, and with Ryan Boatright graduated, look for Hamilton to emerge as a major star. His coach, Kevin Ollie, will tell anyone how dominant Hamilton can be. His brother Jordan was a scoring machine at Texas; expect Daniel to improve on his 38/34 shooting. Bledsoe, Booker, Hamilton? Not bad.

Domantas Sabonis-Gonzaga

6. Toronto Raptors (via New York Knicks) – Domantas Sabonis, PF, Gonzaga. Great genes, strong inside game, and don’t be surprised if he makes the leap from very good freshman (averaging 21 minutes per game) to outstanding sophomore. Shot 66 percent from the field, but wish he had a 3-point shot like his father developed. [Details on how Toronto got that pick here.]

5. Charlotte Hornets – Brandon Ingram, SF, Duke. Highly-recruited wing should be the best player on Duke next season. Nice showing in the McDonald’s All-American game. Good enough to push MKG to the bench by his 2nd season?

4. Sacramento Kings – Melo Trimble, PG, Maryland. Too high? Love his all-around game, and could lead the Terps to the Title. Is he a less athletic Baron Davis?

Skal Labissiere

3. Denver Nuggets – Skal Labissiere, C, Kentucky. He’s the best center entering college this year, no doubt about that. Nurkic is a nice player; Labissiere has a much higher ceiling, should be a 1st team All-American with the Wildcats. Maybe he’s playing alongside DeMarcus Cousins?

2. Minnesota Timberwolves – Malik Newman, G, Miss. St. Was only the 8th rated player coming out of high school, and won’t be surrounded by much talent at Mississippi State, but the word is he’s a tremendous shooter, we know he’s deadly off the dribble and how many 7-footers are the Timberwolves going to draft, anyway?

1. Philadelphia 76ers – Ben Simmons, F, LSU. Entirely best-case scenario come September 2016: Okafor, Simmons, Noel, Embiid all healthy and are the team’s Top 5 players. No, I don’t know how all the big men will work. How could anyone? For financial reasons, sounds like Saric may hold off until 2017.

So yes, for now, I’ve got the Pistons, Heat and the Magic in the Eastern Conference playoffs next season, with Boston, Toronto (!) and Brooklyn falling out. In the West, I’ve got Dallas and Portland – two 50+ win teams – falling out and Oklahoma City and the LA Lakers in the playoffs. I’m guessing that the Lakers make all the right moves in free agency, and the Raptors, Nets, Celtics, Mavericks and Blazers don’t.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/06/26/2016-nba-mock-draft-ben-simmons/
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    And the Sixers draft status for the next few years: http://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/76ers.htm

Could have a few 1st round picks next year.

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Did it appear that Okafer didn't want to be picked by the Sixers with his body language on draft night?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Maybe he was down about not going 1 or 2.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    JK_Livin said:

Yeah right, I think he down about being drafted by the Sixer organization and their losing ways. Also they could use a shooting guard.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p said:

JK_Livin said:

Yeah right, I think he down about being drafted by the Sixer organization and their losing ways. Also they could use a shooting guard.

Peace
    better than losing and being in Minnesota though.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

g under p said:

JK_Livin said:

Peace
    Kinda like Minnesota's squad. They have what we should have: Wiggins and Towns.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

g under p said:

JK_Livin said:

Peace
    Kinda like Minnesota's squad. They have what we should have: Wiggins and Towns.
    oh i agree but i also don't see those 2 guys staying there long term. much better chance of the Sixers keeping stars in Philly than the Wolves keeping guys in Minnesota.
  • Options
    I don't know. Wiggins seems like he had the personality for a smaller market...

And I don't think it's worth spending time trying to read into someone's body language. The dude just seems pretty low key. Did you see people freaking because it appeared as if he purposely dropped his jersey on the floor instead of the table at his press conference? People need to relax
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I don't know. Wiggins seems like he had the personality for a smaller market...

And I don't think it's worth spending time trying to read into someone's body language. The dude just seems pretty low key. Did you see people freaking because it appeared as if he purposely dropped his jersey on the floor instead of the table at his press conference? People need to relax

yea saw that today about him dropping the jersey. people are nuts.

Minnesota has insanely cold winters and small market, I don't see any stars wanting to be there long term. Even though Wiggins is from Toronto and it gets cold there it ain't Minnesota.
  • Options
    Money talks
  • Options
    I don't like this Holiday injury settlement situation. Makes the organization looked real bad.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer