Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361
    pjhawks said:

so did you see this where the Sixers won't call it the Wells Fargo Arena and just use 'the arena' in correspondence because Wells Fargo wouldn't make an investment? classy move. this Harris guy is selling this team after the new TV deal kicks in and the value goes up or sad to say is going to look to move it. he has no interest in being a tenant of that building.

Probably a ploy to get Wells Fargo to become a sponsor. Who really cares? I sometimes forget what that place is called anyway. It's changed like 5 times in 20 years.

Doubt they move to Camden...but if that becomes a story line it would be no different than what played out 25 years ago. Sixers have always been the ugly step child in that building.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    edited June 2015
    Too bad for Joel Embiid and too bad the Sixers don't have a Top 2 pick.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2495464-joel-embiid-injury-updates-on-76ers-stars-foot-and-return

Joel Embiid Injury: Updates on 76ers Star's Foot and Recovery
    By Joseph Zucker , Featured Columnist

Joel Embiid Injury: Updates on 76ers Star's Foot and RecoveryBill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

While nobody questioned Joel Embiid's potential when the Philadelphia 76ers drafted him third overall last year, he undoubtedly came with serious questions regarding his health. He didn't play a minute during the 2014-15 season, and now comes news his recovery may be behind schedule.

Continue for updates.

Embiid May Have Another Issue with Injured Foot
    Saturday, June 13
    Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported Embiid has another issue with his right foot, which initially kept him out of action for his rookie year:

After weeks of rigorous workouts, Embiid had not felt pain in the foot, but a recent CT scan revealed an issue in the healing process, sources said. Philadelphia is consulting with doctors on how to best proceed, and it's still premature to speculate on the possibility of another surgical procedure that could sideline Embiid, sources said.

Wojnarowski added that Embiid may not be healthy enough to participate in the 76ers' summer league games as was planned.

Sixers general manager Sam Hinkie released a statement on the situation (via Michael Preston, the team's director of public relations):

It's still way too early to say how serious this development is regarding Embiid's potential return to the court. How Philadelphia approaches the 2015 draft might, however, be a barometer for how confident the organization is in his recovery.

If Philly goes with big man Kristaps Porzingis or trades down for Willie Cauley-Stein, Myles Turner or Trey Lyles instead of a guard like D'Angelo Russell or Emmanuel Mudiay, then that could signify the internal concern surrounding Embiid is very real.

Post edited by cutz on
  • Options
    Fingers crossed, Cutz...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240

Fingers crossed, Cutz...

big man with bad feet is a disaster. still had to make the pick last year but could end being a total disaster. one option is surgery again. not good.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,495
    pjhawks said:

Fingers crossed, Cutz...

big man with bad feet is a disaster. still had to make the pick last year but could end being a total disaster. one option is surgery again. not good.
    Not good is right.

• Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited June 2015
    I think hinkie is playing everyone with this embiid news (or really, lackthereof). I wouldn't be surprised if he convinces another team in the top ten to trade up to 3 because he starts sending signals that he is taking someone he doesn't want. Like the Payton/Orlando trade robbery he pulled off last draft.

The sixers are definitely the most fun philly team to follow right now. So much mystery and intrigue into what their next move(s) will be. I would bet money that we don't hear another update on embiid until after the draft...The Hinkster will keep everyone in the dark.

Cannot wait for draft night...
  • Options
    I don't think Hinkie is dumb enough to devalue his biggest asset on purpose. Embied's agent would never go along with it either. That doesn't make any sense.

Hopefully it's not serious enough for surgery.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    read an article that quoted bill self as saying the injury is "not as bad" as is being reported. sounds as if self thinks some more rest is all he needs.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

read an article that quoted bill self as saying the injury is "not as bad" as is being reported. sounds as if self thinks some more rest is all he needs.

I also read that he has been going full speed without pain in workouts/scrimmages. I don't think anyone is devaluing the guy. I think it's just hinkie throwing up pre-draft smokescreens. He is the best.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    It better be the best smoke screen ever.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

It better be the best smoke screen ever.

They really haven't said anything. He hasn't healed as quickly as they hoped is pretty vague. That doesn't mean he reinjured anything. Disappointing that he's missing the summer league, but certainly not the end of the world. And really, if he's out again this year I don't think that's the end of the world either (as long as this isn't a recurring type injury)

• Options
    I haven't read any official statements. Is he definitely skipping the summer league?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I haven't read any official statements. Is he definitely skipping the summer league?

I guess they haven't officially announced that he's out of the summer league. I'm not sure.

Here's a solid article...again, it's mostly speculatory, but I think that's what Hinkie wants. He doesn't want anyone to know what's going on or what direction they are going in the draft.

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/700-level/joel-embiid-injury-update-yes-panic-or-no-panic
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The Fixer said:

I also read that he has been going full speed without pain in workouts/scrimmages. I don't think anyone is devaluing the guy. I think it's just hinkie throwing up pre-draft smokescreens. He is the best.
    how is saying an injury that was supposed to take 4-6 months isn't healing properly 12 months later not devaluing the player?

every intelligent basketball analyst i've seen has laughed at the smoke screen nonsense. if anything, the setback isn't as serious as people think and they were being vague in their press release, but there's absolutely some kind of issue this long after the surgery. an agent would never allow his player to be the pawn in some elaborate draft "smoke screen."

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,621

A 21 year old big guy who has played basketball for a grand total of 6 years and missing two full years because of foot injuries is pretty bad, if that were the case.
  • Options

A 21 year old big guy who has played basketball for a grand total of 6 years and missing two full years because of foot injuries is pretty bad, if that were the case.

right. that is just common sense. see oden, greg.

and i'm big hinkie fan, but to try and spin him having another surgery and missing another year as it not being that big a deal is pretty off the wall crazy to me. this is the guy they tanked for and his career would be in jeopardy in that scenario.

hopefully it doesn't come to that though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

The Fixer said:

how is saying an injury that was supposed to take 4-6 months isn't healing properly 12 months later not devaluing the player?

every intelligent basketball analyst i've seen has laughed at the smoke screen nonsense. if anything, the setback isn't as serious as people think and they were being vague in their press release, but there's absolutely some kind of issue this long after the surgery. an agent would never allow his player to be the pawn in some elaborate draft "smoke screen."

'intelligent basketball fan'. well, that eliminates you. hahahaha
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    funny guy (and i said "analyst" not fan). seriously though--this conspiracy theory sounds like one of jammin's old wild draft day trade scenarios to me.

in other news, it looks like russell is in town to finally work out for the sixers
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Iggy keeps this up, he has a shot at MVP. Haha

Yup

Hell of a series
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Yup

Hell of a series
    he's still an ass. man did Cleveland quit last night or what? i know LeBron was probably out of gas but sure seemed like they were a beaten team in the 2nd half and went through the motions.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Yup

Hell of a series
    he's still an ass. man did Cleveland quit last night or what? i know LeBron was probably out of gas but sure seemed like they were a beaten team in the 2nd half and went through the motions.
    they've been a beaten team since the end of game 3.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

funny guy (and i said "analyst" not fan). seriously though--this conspiracy theory sounds like one of jammin's old wild draft day trade scenarios to me.

in other news, it looks like russell is in town to finally work out for the sixers

:) You mean the one that came thru? #5 will always love you...................
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options

:) You mean the one that came thru? #5 will always love you...................
    Hahaha....well played
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Liking the new unis
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The could have upgraded the current players last night. Canaan, Sampson, & McRae! McRae doesn't even have an NBA contract.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

The could have upgraded the current players last night. Canaan, Sampson, & McRae! McRae doesn't even have an NBA contract.

Yeah...that was pretty pathetic.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Porzingas? Russell? Trade down for Mudiay? Okafur if Lakers nab Russell?

What do you guys want to happen? I'm still on the Russell bus...keep hearing they are leaning towards Porzingas though--that makes me nervous. What do you guys think?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    My buddy saw Justice Winslow and Hinkie walking through Ritz Carlton lobby last night too...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Porzingas? Russell? Trade down for Mudiay? Okafur if Lakers nab Russell?

What do you guys want to happen? I'm still on the Russell bus...keep hearing they are leaning towards Porzingas though--that makes me nervous. What do you guys think?

I think Russell is the best player in the draft so all in for Russel. If not him then Mudiay. Need guards. Hard to say much about Porzingas. Not sure. And stay away from Justice Winslow that early. As i said earlier in this thread I think his stock is way too high. I think more NBA role player/2nd filddle and not a true star down the line . Guy was 3rd option on offense for Duke so got a lot of open looks. Not saying he stinks or anything but don't think he should be a top 5 pick.
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    edited June 2015
    Would you give up 3 1st rounders next yr and a 2nd or so to get the Knicks # 4 pick this yr?
    Post edited by jamminpearls on
    Go Birds!!!!