Options

*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    #OneSixEleven
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,361

tonight's the tonight image

big night!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    find out pretty soon
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,047
    fuck i was hoping for at least in the top 2
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    3's a good spot to be in. I would bet Russell will still be there. Twolves need a big and Kobe won't mesh well with a combo guard...Bang. Done.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,240

3's a good spot to be in. I would bet Russell will still be there. Twolves need a big and Kobe won't mesh well with a combo guard...Bang. Done.

don't be so sure on either of those teams not taking Russell. 1st the Wolves absolutely should take him. it's a perimeter-oriented game these days and the Wolves could have Wiggins and Russell which in about 3 years would be the best guard combo outside Golden State. And the Lakers well they want entertainment in LA. Russell will be more entertaining than Towns and Okafor and they already drafted Randle last year as a big. Will someone other than Hinkie take bigs two years in a row?
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

don't be so sure on either of those teams not taking Russell. 1st the Wolves absolutely should take him. it's a perimeter-oriented game these days and the Wolves could have Wiggins and Russell which in about 3 years would be the best guard combo outside Golden State. And the Lakers well they want entertainment in LA. Russell will be more entertaining than Towns and Okafor and they already drafted Randle last year as a big. Will someone other than Hinkie take bigs two years in a row?
    most likely scenario is twoves take okafur (russell and wiggins both need the ball in their hands. not a good fit.) and, long term, it may make sense for the lakers to take russell with kobe on his way out---yet i don't think they will do that. i think they take a big to pair up with russell, sign rondo and another fa and try to win right away.

sixers are in a great spot at 3.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

Not sure having Randle would stop them from taking a real Big. Those 2 guys are much bigger. Randle is more of a point forward. I guess I'm also telling that to myself so that Russell falls to us.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,557
    since you guys don't venture far from your little philly cocoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax3Gdg4Hr3k
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Iguadala having himself a game!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,557

you can post in the NBA 2013-14 thread since he isn't, you know, a sixer anymore.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Good for Iggy and Mo Buckets
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Justice or Russell?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

he's still a loser. basically said there was too much pressure in Philly. stfu Andre.
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Justice or Russell?

I assume you mean Justice Winslow of Duke? No contest Russel is far superior. Honestly although he had a great NCAA Tournament not a huge fan of Winslow. Think he is an NBA role player. Remember he was never higher than the 3rd option for Duke so most of his scoring was on wide open 3s or in transition. I think he is going to picked way too high. he should be somewhere in the teens and not in the top 10...but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

he's still a loser. basically said there was too much pressure in Philly. stfu Andre.
    When did he say that? He was always an elite defender. Just not a centerpiece on a good team, like the Sixers spent a decade trying to do with him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

When did he say that? He was always an elite defender. Just not a centerpiece on a good team, like the Sixers spent a decade trying to do with him.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150603_With_Warriors__Iguodala_chases_a_title_-_and_perfection.html
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150603_With_Warriors__Iguodala_chases_a_title_-_and_perfection.html
    I'll never understand why people care so much about what players or coaches say in press conferences or in interviews.

This article doesn't bother me. The Sixers overvalued him and that lead to fans not liking the guy and overlooking his talents. He was an elite defender and has been for his whole career. If he was the 2nd or 3rd option while in his prime with the Sixers, he'd be remembered more fondly than he is now. I'm happy for him. Great game last night.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    He's in a perfect spot not being the 1 or 2 on a team. I hope he wins.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

I'll never understand why people care so much about what players or coaches say in press conferences or in interviews.

This article doesn't bother me. The Sixers overvalued him and that lead to fans not liking the guy and overlooking his talents. He was an elite defender and has been for his whole career. If he was the 2nd or 3rd option while in his prime with the Sixers, he'd be remembered more fondly than he is now. I'm happy for him. Great game last night.
    surprising coming from one of the guys who ripped the previous Eagles coach because he never said anything in press conferences and who just recently posted about the last press conference for the current coach.

I only care when a player tries to blame the fans and media for his own failings. yea i get he was never an elite player here but he sure acted like one. Never was a fan of his attitude. if players can't hack playing in Philly or in any Northeast city because there is too much pressure then they are losers.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Fella, you seem to care more about this stuff than most.

If someone says something funny, I'll absolutely laugh at it. But I'm not gonna get bent out of shape about stuff like this article or when McNabb said/says something stupid. What they do on the field is the only thing I really care about. No sense getting bent out of shape over Iguodala giving an honest and thoughtful response to a question. I bet the commentators at the bottom of that article were up in arms though--maybe even outraged! To me, it's actually a bit refreshing.

Happy to see him playing well on the biggest of stages.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

He's in a perfect spot not being the 1 or 2 on a team. I hope he wins.

Agreed.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Fella, you seem to care more about this stuff than most.

If someone says something funny, I'll absolutely laugh at it. But I'm not gonna get bent out of shape about stuff like this article or when McNabb said/says something stupid. What they do on the field is the only thing I really care about. No sense getting bent out of shape over Iguodala giving an honest and thoughtful response to a question. I bet the commentators at the bottom of that article were up in arms though--maybe even outraged! To me, it's actually a bit refreshing.

Happy to see him playing well on the biggest of stages.

i'm not bent out of shape about it at all. i just think his comments show the type of guy he is. i don't want a guy on my team who thinks it's too much pressure to play here. good riddance to him. we sure as heck don't need players in philly who are afraid of pressure.

i hope the Warriors win the series because Curry and the Warriors are fun to watch ...yes even has me watching some NBA again. Hopefully the Sixers can get Russell so we actually have an NBA team in the city again.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,619
    Saw Igoudala's pay stub when I worked for the 76ers. Dude was making something around just under $100k a paycheck. That dude's people called HR on a daily basis for a month because his Comcast discount wasn't applied to his account.
  • Options

Saw Igoudala's pay stub when I worked for the 76ers. Dude was making something around just under $100k a paycheck. That dude's people called HR on a daily basis for a month because his Comcast discount wasn't applied to his account.

ha. he's always seemed like a pretty highly intelligent guy. i can see him caring about the bottom line on even minor things like that:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9748900/golden-state-warriors-andre-iguodala-plans-financial-wizard-espn-magazine
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,619

ha. he's always seemed like a pretty highly intelligent guy. i can see him caring about the bottom line on even minor things like that:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9748900/golden-state-warriors-andre-iguodala-plans-financial-wizard-espn-magazine
    Huh. No shit. That makes a lot more sense now. Good for him.
  • Options
    Iggy keeps this up, he has a shot at MVP. Haha
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    so did you see this where the Sixers won't call it the Wells Fargo Arena and just use 'the arena' in correspondence because Wells Fargo wouldn't make an investment? classy move. this Harris guy is selling this team after the new TV deal kicks in and the value goes up or sad to say is going to look to move it. he has no interest in being a tenant of that building.
  • Options
    Russell cancels workout with Sixers
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

Russell cancels workout with Sixers

I read it's because he is sick
    chinese-happy.jpg