:roll:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    locked wrote:
    "I love you..now CHANGE!"...

check out this commercial...she loves him and marries him and BAM! all his shit's gotta go! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ypM-FVdMhk
  • norm wrote:
    locked wrote:
    "I love you..now CHANGE!"...

check out this commercial...she loves him and marries him and BAM! all his shit's gotta go! :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ypM-FVdMhk

You know this does work both ways right? There are guys out there who do that as well - I know because I was married to one - not allowed to listen to the music I wanted to, not allowed to associate with who I wanted to, etc - not always told in a very direct manner - sometimes it was very subtle - just as you are all suggesting women do (and I'm not saying some women don't). Just that some guys do it too, that's all.
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    About the ball busting thing.

What if it was phrased like this?
    No man likes a nag.

My parents were divorced when I was 12.
    I’m not blaming this one small thing but even at that young age I noticed my mom bugged my dad a lot.
    But maybe she bugged him because he was a lazyass. ‘do it and I won’t have to nag’
    I will say one of the things I remember my dad saying to me when I was young is Nobody likes a nag. That’s stayed with me. I’m not married. I give advice to my guy that 70% percent of the times he ignores. I figure hell we’re not married let him fall on his face. So while he continues not to take my advice, I don’t really care because we’re not married. (well it’s aggravating. But at least his choices don’t effect me much because we aren’t married) And if I find myself sounding like a broken record, I shut up real quick and think of what my dad told me. lol! But I also think of how stubborn/lazy my dad and my guy is and am glad I’m not married.

As for not taking marriage seriously.
    Very good point. Now it seems when the going get tough people bail fast.
    Will Smith said the sexiest thing once: Divorced is not an option for me and my wife.

And yes, I still think men are built for multiple partners, so why fight it?
    When the media gets a hold of those Tiger type stories I really resent it. Why is this news? Why are people so shocked and allured by men who cheat stories? Men are like that. Most men. Why is this a new development?

The guy may say its hogwash, but I have the saying that EVERY SINGLE GUY I've known agrees completely with:

Its hard to kiss the mouth that chews your ass!

Friendship is one of the very most important parts in keeping a relationship happy and faithfull, obviously.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    To me, it's pretty horrifying how poorly some couples treat each other. They are more like adversaries than loving friends.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • ok, if men are always looking for new different pootang, how will he ever be happy if he's always searching?

me, i come from from the mindset: true happiness is being happy with what you have.
    'if it's boring letme put a little exciting on it'
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    justam wrote:
    To me, it's pretty horrifying how poorly some couples treat each other. They are more like adversaries than loving friends.
    right or they live their lives in"separate rooms" and don't connect. Like Eddie's words about a wife they'll never know.
    I don't know if ever replied to this thread, lots of replies here! I think the question is why DON'T men cheat? Its because they are happy :D
  • blondieblue227blondieblue227 Posts: 4,509
    but sometimes you need those separate rooms to keep from killing other. :)
    but not separate rooms 24/7 yeah i get it.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*