Options

euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,255
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    I can't wait to get this week out of the way. Sunday am off to the midlands to see Sian and Dave, a 2 day week next week, and then a trip taking in Dublin, Reading and London for some gigs.

Look at you and your jetset life! ;)

All paid for by the good people at RBS! :lol:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Never heard of her :roll: :D Grand Canal Theatre is nice though!

I had heard it was a good venue... am really looking forward to it (assuming I can walk to the venue by the time I've finished stuffing myself stupid at Eddie Rockets)!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Travelling and gigs are OK for some! Aahhhhh.... the days of 'no commitments'!!!! :mrgreen:

'morning all!
  • Options
    Salut Hub! Ca va? How's life treating you?
  • Options
    Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Ça va très bien. ;)

Winter's coming, so, that's a little bit demoralizing, but Christmas isn't far. 8-)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Travelling and gigs are OK for some! Aahhhhh.... the days of 'no commitments'!!!! :mrgreen:

'morning all!

Got to make the most of it! :D I have The Stone Roses, Frank Turner and a festival next year. If PJ don't tour, the only other thing I'm considering travelling for is Mark Lanegan, but none of his dates really work without taking leave (and I have very little of that left to take).
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    ilockyer wrote:
    redrock wrote:

'morning all!

Got to make the most of it! :D I have The Stone Roses, Frank Turner and a festival next year. If PJ don't tour, the only other thing I'm considering travelling for is Mark Lanegan, but none of his dates really work without taking leave (and I have very little of that left to take).

tks for that Lanegan update ... :). He`s coming to Prague in March .. saw him with Greg Dulli here few years back ... memorable gig.
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I think Ireland is the most commercial when it comes to xmas - everywhere is lit up, shops have the music, decorations are selling out... it's gone pretty shitty actually. Even though we have less money, there's still so much pressure to spend thousands on presents. My family imposed a lower limit on our Kris Kindle gifts, however I know my sisters requests to Santa are more expensive than ever, so that their kids don't get the piss taken out of them in school.

My niece cried for ages last year cos she only got one present from Kris Kindle - a Wii game. Her cousins got lots of little things that cost less - some crappy plastic from the poundshop but lots of it. I think it's sad that she's been raised to be so... well... selfish I guess. I don't blame her parents, they're only trying to make sure she has the best of everything cos we had fuck all, but I'd like to think my kids would prefer a bit of value and integrity instead of wii games.

I probably should've started a Moving Train thread outta that :lol:

Go Euro Crew 2012! :mrgreen:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    I think Ireland is the most commercial when it comes to xmas - everywhere is lit up, shops have the music, decorations are selling out... it's gone pretty shitty actually. Even though we have less money, there's still so much pressure to spend thousands on presents. My family imposed a lower limit on our Kris Kindle gifts, however I know my sisters requests to Santa are more expensive than ever, so that their kids don't get the piss taken out of them in school.

My niece cried for ages last year cos she only got one present from Kris Kindle - a Wii game. Her cousins got lots of little things that cost less - some crappy plastic from the poundshop but lots of it. I think it's sad that she's been raised to be so... well... selfish I guess. I don't blame her parents, they're only trying to make sure she has the best of everything cos we had fuck all, but I'd like to think my kids would prefer a bit of value and integrity instead of wii games.

I probably should've started a Moving Train thread outta that :lol:

Do it! Make a refreshing change from US politics!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Jennytree wrote:

:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    After the noon all :wave:

It's been mental here... been unwell, the fridge has packed in, the printer has packed in, I STILL need a job, Dave's working all hours god sends and it's 2.5 weeks until the wedding....

#MentalBreakdown :wtf:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options

You sounded perfectly (in)sane earlier!

2 days at the office down, 4 to go! You know you need a holiday when you're sat at your desk counting the minutes 'til you can go home... and your shift hasn't even started! On the plus side, there is much excitement about Pearl Jam Twenty on Friday :D
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Jennytree wrote:

Hurrah! Plllllleeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeee

Sian, sorry to hear it's all a bit mental my lovely but it will all come right :D
    If there is anything I can do, you know you only need to shout!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    'morrning all!

Hope you're feeling better Sian. Unfortunately the 'mental' bit won't go away!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Sian, sorry to hear it's all a bit mental my lovely but it will all come right :D
    If there is anything I can do, you know you only need to shout!
    redrock wrote:
    'morrning all!

Hope you're feeling better Sian. Unfortunately the 'mental' bit won't go away!

Thanks ladies. I'm a little better today as i've woken up early with an attitude of attacking my lists! :D

How are we all? :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Exactly! Did you not notice I wouldn't let you get a word in edgeways?! :lol:

Thanks for the call mate... Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday :thumbup:

(will you want feeding?)

• Options
    morning...shit..today was suppose to to fly to BA... :( :( :(
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:

Exactly! Did you not notice I wouldn't let you get a word in edgeways?! :lol:

Thanks for the call mate... Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday :thumbup:

(will you want feeding?)

Food would be good :-)
  • Options

Aww Dimitris, there will be another time and fingers crossed you'll have all of us lot in tow ;)
    Chin up my lovely xx

Two days I have been dreading in the office are now done with - phew! I didn't jump from the window :D
    I think they went ok, certainly had good feedback from all sides on today which was a bit of an expriment event wise but I think I pulled it off which is nice.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options

Sucks dude. Still, before long you should/will have Europe 2012 to look forward to, and there's the consolation prize of a webcast.
    dottles wrote:
    Two days I have been dreading in the office are now done with - phew! I didn't jump from the window :D
    I think they went ok, certainly had good feedback from all sides on today which was a bit of an expriment event wise but I think I pulled it off which is nice.

Glad to hear all went well, and you didn't need to jump out the window! If you got positive feedback then it must have been a success, so well done you!

Talking of jumping out of the window... I would happily have done that today, and may well have by the end of the week. I've been given a "project" to undertake. Unfortunately, given who's allocated this really means "rubbish mundane job that no-one else wants to do". I have read parts of the company intranet I didn't know existed in an attempt to alleviate boredom. I did find the reported workplace accidents though... pure comedy gold! Someone had reported a paper cut!
  • Options
    Don't jump out of the window!

I am happy with how stuff went at work, given me loads more work to do but that was expected.

Watching frozen planet, it's bleddy amazing! (However am currently in a fair amount of pain, done something to my leg and it's been getting progressively worse, it's madness that for two days I have sat in pain, in a room full of doctors, medics and clinicians! but now that meeting stuff is done I reckon I best go to my GP!)
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Don't jump out of the window!

The effect would be lost as I work on the ground floor... my desk did used to be beside one of the windows that opened... it wasn't unheard of for me to leave the office via the window. I got told off for doing it once when there was a fire drill though! If the place had been burning I'd not have walked further in in order to use the door so I didn't see the problem.
    dottles wrote:
    I am happy with how stuff went at work, given me loads more work to do but that was expected.

Watching frozen planet, it's bleddy amazing! (However am currently in a fair amount of pain, done something to my leg and it's been getting progressively worse, it's madness that for two days I have sat in pain, in a room full of doctors, medics and clinicians! but now that meeting stuff is done I reckon I best go to my GP!)

I didn't think tonights was as good as the first two. It was still very good, but I found my mind wandering a couple of times.

Go to the Doctors... if you leave it too long they'll have to amputate you know.!
  • Options
    Leanne - Go to the doctors FFS! :evil:

Ian - What won't you eat?

• Options
    MoemaiMoemai The Netherlands Posts: 329
    Still no news?!?! :o
  • Options

Ended up tears last night, so going this avvo!
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

Good. Let me know what they say hun xx

• Options
    dottles wrote:

Leanne, glad to hear it. Hope 'tis something easily sorted.

Sian, there's lots I won't eat! Pizza is generally a good safe option, or pasta...

Another dull day in the office, at least the next week will be quiet as the girl who sits to my left is away on holiday... flipside is I'm going to have to find someone else to get my tea and toast in the mornings :evil:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Lo everyone. Hope all goes well at the docs Leanne.

Ian, I'll send you images of tea and toast to land in your brain at the appropriate time, if i post it might be squished and soggy.
  • Options
    this is torture...
  • Options
    this is torture...
    Oh Dimitris, what the south American stuff?

Been to the docs, kinda good job I did, I have trochanteric bursitis and an inflamed hamstring :? joyous!
    On high strength diclofenac, but if that doesn't work will have to have steriod injections into the bone...