• em jot wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    em jot wrote:
    P.S. Paulina,are you on fb?

No, I'm not on fb
    :(
    Why not,come on! ;)
    i told her like 10 times already.. 8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Listening to the Arras show now on PJ radio and it really kicks ass. The short setlist distracted me from how good this show is!
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    I'm listening to PJ radio too, have been for most of the afternoon :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    rafie wrote:
    Listening to the Arras show now on PJ radio and it really kicks ass. The short setlist distracted me from how good this show is!

It was a very good show, sound was excellent as well, a nice way to end the tour for many of us and some great memories too!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    rafie wrote:

It was a very good show, sound was excellent as well, a nice way to end the tour for many of us and some great memories too!

Indeed :D
    (although I ventured to Werchter with messrs. Dimi, Paul and Shane)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • arras show as well..we really had a great time all together,in the worst pj audionce from all the show i saw
    love black from this show..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Ian, how's the photobook going?
  • porch..where is paul?
    and where is

MARCO?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Paulina87Paulina87 Posts: 3,300
    em jot wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    No, I'm not on fb
    Why not,come on! ;)

:lol: If I'll get my profile there you both will be the first I'll invite 8-)
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Paulina87 wrote:

:D
    dottles wrote:

Not got started yet, been too busy chatting to people on the phone to get anything done. Trying to find myself a hotel for Birmingham in November is not proving as easy as I'd thought, was hoping for affordable and central, may have to test my memory of the outlying parts of the city!
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Not got started yet, been too busy chatting to people on the phone to get anything done. Trying to find myself a hotel for Birmingham in November is not proving as easy as I'd thought, was hoping for affordable and central, may have to test my memory of the outlying parts of the city!

Have you looked at the City Inn?
    I love them :D
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    porch..where is paul?
    and where is

i,m here

MARCO?????? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Paulina87 wrote:
    em jot wrote:
    Paulina87 wrote:
    No, I'm not on fb
    Why not,come on! ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
    dottles wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:

I love them :D

I hadn't considered them to be honest, but given that the Travelodges and the Wetherspoons hotel are both £65+ it makes there or the Burlington at £80 look a steal.
    You know what I am like on hotels, never stayed in a weatherspoons, like Premier Inns though :D
    City Inns are lovely and have iMacs entertainment systems in the rooms and free internet on it... :D
    Not over keen on Travelodges really, never stayed in a nice one really, they are ok if you can get them super cheap though.
  • Not got started yet, been too busy chatting to people on the phone to get anything done. Trying to find myself a hotel for Birmingham in November is not proving as easy as I'd thought, was hoping for affordable and central, may have to test my memory of the outlying parts of the city![/quote]

I love them :D[/quote]

I hadn't considered them to be honest, but given that the Travelodges and the Wetherspoons hotel are both £65+ it makes there or the Burlington at £80 look a steal.[/quote]

have you tried the hagley road? basic b&b but £30 makes it ok if you aint fussy.
    dottles wrote:
    You know what I am like on hotels, never stayed in a weatherspoons, like Premier Inns though :D
    City Inns are lovely and have iMacs entertainment systems in the rooms and free internet on it... :D
    Not over keen on Travelodges really, never stayed in a nice one really, they are ok if you can get them super cheap though.

Premier Inn reserved. For the sake of £20 saved I can live without an Apple entertainment system! As the Drive By Truckers that night will be the third gig in 4 nights I expect I will only want to sleep anyway! Hopefully some deals will crop up whereby I can save more!

Wetherspoon lodges are OK, I've used the ones in Bridgend (handy for when Cardiff is fully booked/overpriced), Salisbury and Birmingham and all have been on a par with Premier Inn. Travelodges can be pretty bad, though when stuff has gone wrong they've always sorted immediately!

Just wish I was planning for another PJ tour!
    ilockyer wrote:
    Premier Inn reserved. For the sake of £20 saved I can live without an Apple entertainment system! As the Drive By Truckers that night will be the third gig in 4 nights I expect I will only want to sleep anyway! Hopefully some deals will crop up whereby I can save more!

Wetherspoon lodges are OK, I've used the ones in Bridgend (handy for when Cardiff is fully booked/overpriced), Salisbury and Birmingham and all have been on a par with Premier Inn. Travelodges can be pretty bad, though when stuff has gone wrong they've always sorted immediately!

Just wish I was planning for another PJ tour!

Me too, I've saved a fair bit towards one already seems now I'll not need it to boost a redundancy payment. I wanna see you guys again, and I want to feel that :mrgreen: of a PJ gig.
    A bit soon after starting my new job for me but there is always Bridge School Ian :D

I like Premier Inns, much better than Travelodges. Me being all princess like and all :lol:;)
    Third gig in 4 nights...mental!

My cousin and her fiance came round earlier, and she was saying they are going to see Brandon Flowers in Leeds in October, not that I'd want to see him, but I do want to do more.
    dottles wrote:
    A bit soon after starting my new job for me but there is always Bridge School Ian :D

It was tempting for all of about 5 seconds...
    dottles wrote:
    I like Premier Inns, much better than Travelodges. Me being all princess like and all :lol:;)
    Third gig in 4 nights...mental!

My cousin and her fiance came round earlier, and she was saying they are going to see Brandon Flowers in Leeds in October, not that I'd want to see him, but I do want to do more.

Brandon Flowers? Really? Each to their own I guess...

I am not planning on adding anything more to my calendar, other than the possibility of a Pogues gig in London.
    Yeah, he's not to my taste either really but they are looking forward to it.

I doubt I'll be adding any gigs this year, but I am considering Band of Horses in Bristol in January. Mind you, I may have some meetings for work away in the next few months. I am going to Taunton on Tuesday and I turned down a London one at the end of the month, so looks like I'll be going to the next London meeting. I have a Bristol meeting in December, then a Manchester or Birmingham one in the New Year...so I might see what gigs I can tie in with them.
    dottles wrote:
    Yeah, he's not to my taste either really but they are looking forward to it.

I doubt I'll be adding any gigs this year, but I am considering Band of Horses in Bristol in January. Mind you, I may have some meetings for work away in the next few months. I am going to Taunton on Tuesday and I turned down a London one at the end of the month, so looks like I'll be going to the next London meeting. I have a Bristol meeting in December, then a Manchester or Birmingham one in the New Year...so I might see what gigs I can tie in with them.

Going to be quite busy then? You should consider the Band of Horses gig, the Academy is an OK venue provided you get there early enough that you don't end up stuck on the raised bit by the bar...

The London meeting may yet be a possibility.
    It would be good to see ya matey if you could make it in October :D
    I need to sort out trains and stuff yet, not sure if I am going up on the Friday or the Saturday yet, depends on work and also there is planning of a work night out on the Friday night, and I kind of feel obligated to go. I had thought I might have to go to a meeting in London on the Friday so was going to tie it in with that, but it's been moved to the 24th, so I turned it down...

Looking forward to Liverpool though, that reminds me, I need to put some Frank Turner on CDs for Dave. I need to figure out transport for that too, probably gonna fly but have got the train alert set for when the train tickets come on sale just in case.
    dottles wrote:
    It would be good to see ya matey if you could make it in October :D
    I need to sort out trains and stuff yet, not sure if I am going up on the Friday or the Saturday yet, depends on work and also there is planning of a work night out on the Friday night, and I kind of feel obligated to go. I had thought I might have to go to a meeting in London on the Friday so was going to tie it in with that, but it's been moved to the 24th, so I turned it down...

Looking forward to Liverpool though, that reminds me, I need to put some Frank Turner on CDs for Dave. I need to figure out transport for that too, probably gonna fly but have got the train alert set for when the train tickets come on sale just in case.

Still considering options regarding Liverpool, whether to get the train direct from Bournemouth, or train to Southampton, fly to Manchester, then train into Liverpool. The latter would probably only save an hour and be a mega hassle, hopefully there'll be a decent first class rail deal, I can then max out on complimentary coffee and be completely wired by the time I hit Scouseland! Is everyone returning home on the Sunday or Monday, do we know?
    I am coming home on the Monday, well I say that, depending on my meeting on Tuesday I may well be heading to Bristol for a meeting there on the 14th.
    But have mates in Manchester who will be a tad disgruntled if I don't visit, so may well head over and stay there on the Sunday night. Mind you, only one of them could fit me in last time I visited....the other one was too busy even though I'd not seen him for a year!!
  • Morning.. :)
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    'morning D. 'morning all. :wave:
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Morning :)
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *