euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I hope you're all well, I'm listening to the new Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell album, Ilike it but may need to listen to something more upbeat next...

Im listening to Blind Melon and nothing is more uplifting than Shannons voice :D

Ooooh, that's very scary...I just put on sleepyhouse :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    Good weekend everyone? ;)
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
    mateymate wrote:

You know what, I've not left house since getting in from work on Friday night :?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    dottles wrote:
    mateymate wrote:

You know what, I've not left house since getting in from work on Friday night :?

I haven't left the house today. :lol:
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    I hope you're all well, I'm listening to the new Mark Lanegan and Isobel Campbell album, Ilike it but may need to listen to something more upbeat next...

Im listening to Blind Melon and nothing is more uplifting than Shannons voice :D

WHAT A FUCKING GOD.

Saw them with the new reformed guy, was the worst sounding gig ever, I almost left deaf! But was lovely to see them. Travis was so much like Shannon it was quite amazing.
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Brisk. wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

WHAT A FUCKING GOD.

Saw them with the new reformed guy, was the worst sounding gig ever, I almost left deaf! But was lovely to see them. Travis was so much like Shannon it was quite amazing.

I may be mad but I always wanted to see Adam Duritz do something with the remaining Blind Melon band, not old stuff but a new project.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    philthehip wrote:

I may be mad but I always wanted to see Adam Duritz do something with the remaining Blind Melon band, not old stuff but a new project.

Never listened to Counting Crows, where should I begin?
    Ahhhhh the man in black :D

He makes my soul weep with his amazing voice
    Brisk. wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

August and Everything After is the first album and is pretty cool, This Desert Life is my fave album. I always believe a person should start at the beginning
    *le sigh* I wish Shannon was still with us
    dottles wrote:

Me too, I really wish johnny Cash was still with us
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    philthehip wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

August and Everything After is the first album and is pretty cool, This Desert Life is my fave album. I always believe a person should start at the beginning
    I'm a believer in starting at the beginning too but the only CC album I ever find myself listening too these days is the double live one with the MTV show and VH1 Storytellers on it. Across A Wire it's called I think? I'm too lazy to go and look but it has some pretty good re-workings and a fantastic Raining In Baltimore.

Oh and good evening all! :)
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm a believer in starting at the beginning too but the only CC album I ever find myself listening too these days is the double live one with the MTV show and VH1 Storytellers on it. Across A Wire it's called I think? I'm too lazy to go and look but it has some pretty good re-workings and a fantastic Raining In Baltimore.

Oh and good evening all! :)

That is a great version of the song, a great live album too.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    nice to see u all here,even u fuckers ignore me +my best thread for ages,ill keep remind u till u all post..
    i love u freaks
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=139537
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    nice to see u all here,even u fuckers ignore me +my best thread for ages,ill keep remind u till u all post..
    i love u freaks

:lol: I've no idea...I am a sucker for accents full stop really
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Miss both these guys too and the great Joe Strummer. Just downloaded a Clash bootleg from '82 tonight so it'll be my first listen at work tomorrow and now I'm thinking Johnny Cash live at MSG might be in order too.. :)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    i love u freaks
    I gave my answer on the thread D but the real truth is hearing all the different ones on a PJ tour because I know I'm seeing PJ!! :D

veddertown wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Miss both these guys too and the great Joe Strummer. Just downloaded a Clash bootleg from '82 tonight so it'll be my first listen at work tomorrow and now I'm thinking Johnny Cash live at MSG might be in order too.. :)

My first sort of connection with Joe Strummer was him playing honky tonk piano on 'Just the One' by the Levellers. They idolised him, talking to them about him was great. They were just so passionate. Luke Bullen who played with him in the The Mescaleros, is in K T Tunstalls band (and her husband), he's a nice chap.
    dottles wrote:
    My first sort of connection with Joe Strummer was him playing honky tonk piano on 'Just the One' by the Levellers. They idolised him, talking to them about him was great. They were just so passionate. Luke Bullen who played with him in the The Mescaleros, is in K T Tunstalls band (and her husband), he's a nice chap.
    There's definately something truly great in the mans music and people say it was the sound of his personality that shone through. When Eddie spoke about him on stage in Dublin I thought the band was going to play Know Your Rights at first and I was really happy when it was a solo song. Arms Aloft is great and I hope someday Ed covers Long Shadow from the same album. What would be a good Levellers album to listen to for a beginner Leanne? I've seen them live once but didn't really know more than a couple of songs.

veddertown wrote:
    What would be a good Levellers album to listen to for a beginner Leanne? I've seen them live once but didn't really know more than a couple of songs.

Umm, there are a couple of greatest hits albums about, a traditional greatest hits - which I am not over keen on and a best of live which I do like.
    If you want to start from the beginning, then that is A Weapon Called the Word.
    If I had to pick an album to listen to it would be Levelling the Land - loved it from the moment I heard it and still adore it now.
    (personally there are few albums I tend not to listen to between 2000 - 2005)
    idea...put out your thoughts,what day u are all available,to be on line and we listen together one of the shows we was together at tour!!so we make a party again,,thoughts?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    idea...put out your thoughts,what day u are all available,to be on line and we listen together one of the shows we was together at tour!!so we make a party again,,thoughts?
    London 2010 was the greatest party I've ever been to D!! :D

veddertown wrote:
    no problem for me..wait to see what others think :D
    veddertown wrote:
    no problem for me..wait to see what others think :D
    cool with me, um on the days are we talking next week or the following?
    dottles wrote:
    the week coming i guess
    dottles wrote:
    the week coming i guess
    Tomorrow and Tuesday are my best days due to an upcoming paperwork pile-up.. :cry:

exept saturday im ok for the rest :)
    I think any day but Thursday, poss Friday as well
    Whats happening folks?
    philthehip wrote:
    Whats happening folks?
    we try to find a day to listen a bootleg and be all online and party