euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mateymate wrote:

Hahaha no, not me. I have friends that have lived there for a few years. I went there last November and it was pretty pretty good, cold for November though, only got to 40 degrees. :lol:

When we landed me and my mate were a right mess, got on the plane in tshirt, then we land in Birmingham November, mad dash across the car park :(

40 degrees in winter?! :shock: Toooooooooo hot for the likes of me, thank you very much! :lol: We haven't even decided on a honeymoon... our guests will be practically doing that for us but it certainly won't be Dubai! :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Good idea, my friend has had an absolute mare with hers as she can only have 60 to the day, and people have been messing her around with the yes we can/no we can't/can my girlfriend come/I've split up with her now thing.
    I got an evening invite, with a note saying, just gotta wait for my cousin to split with his missus and you can come all day :lol::lol:
    :lol: nice! Y'see, we're sending pretty much 100 invites and anyone who says 'no' will be replaced. We're also gonna be quite strict on RSVP times. We have a long list of people we'd like to come all day but can't... you have to stop it at some point otherwise it just gets insane. Our evening guest list however is about 150 people so far :shock: :lol: :oops:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    150 on top of the 100, or including?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    Ahh wedding plans, i remember that, it was a lot of fun, and stress, but you know the thing that annoyed me the most with the invites, was the fact that there were people you knew well, and wanted to invite for the whole day, but couldn't, because you HAD to invite relatives that you'd never met before... your situation might be different i guess.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • mateymatemateymate Posts: 291
    mateymate wrote:

Hahaha no, not me. I have friends that have lived there for a few years. I went there last November and it was pretty pretty good, cold for November though, only got to 40 degrees. :lol:

When we landed me and my mate were a right mess, got on the plane in tshirt, then we land in Birmingham November, mad dash across the car park :(

40 degrees in winter?! :shock: Toooooooooo hot for the likes of me, thank you very much! :lol: We haven't even decided on a honeymoon... our guests will be practically doing that for us but it certainly won't be Dubai! :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    Good idea, my friend has had an absolute mare with hers as she can only have 60 to the day, and people have been messing her around with the yes we can/no we can't/can my girlfriend come/I've split up with her now thing.
    I got an evening invite, with a note saying, just gotta wait for my cousin to split with his missus and you can come all day :lol::lol:
    :lol: nice! Y'see, we're sending pretty much 100 invites and anyone who says 'no' will be replaced. We're also gonna be quite strict on RSVP times. We have a long list of people we'd like to come all day but can't... you have to stop it at some point otherwise it just gets insane. Our evening guest list however is about 150 people so far :shock: :lol: :oops:

It was hot but it gets dark in about half hour, normally by 630pm it's pitch black, but still very hot. I remember about 11pm my friends other half actually said it was getting chilly and put a jumper on (was about 30 degrees :lol: ). My other mate is getting married next year or so and seems to be looking forward to the stag do more than the wedding. :lol:
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • dottles wrote:

Oh god including! We could easily get another 150 on top but like I said, there's a point when you have to say enough is enough.

I'm sooooooo excited now we have a venue though, I can't wait to get the deposit down tomorrow and announce the date officially! :mrgreen:
    Ahh wedding plans, i remember that, it was a lot of fun, and stress, but you know the thing that annoyed me the most with the invites, was the fact that there were people you knew well, and wanted to invite for the whole day, but couldn't, because you HAD to invite relatives that you'd never met before... your situation might be different i guess.
    Our situation is different. Although we have relatives we've never met or HAVE met but don't speak to very much, they're not being invited. I don't see why we should shut out friends who have been a massive support to me over family i've never met... if you'd met me, you'd know that ain't happening ;):lol:

I hate the way that as soon as you're engaged people either assume you're inviting them or that they have a god given right to be at your big day because you shame a blood line somewhere along the road... Immediate family and good friends for us all the way :thumbup:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• mateymate wrote:
    It was hot but it gets dark in about half hour, normally by 630pm it's pitch black, but still very hot. I remember about 11pm my friends other half actually said it was getting chilly and put a jumper on (was about 30 degrees :lol: ). My other mate is getting married next year or so and seems to be looking forward to the stag do more than the wedding. :lol:

Chuffin nora! That's certainly not the place for me then... I love long drawn out dusks and heat less than 25 degrees if I can :lol: Besides, is it true you can't kiss in public there or is that just a rumour? :?

Ahhhh the stag and hen do's... they should be fun :lol: :? 8-):mrgreen:

gorgeous girlie, you've every right to be excited :D:D:D
    It's yours and Dave's day, it needs to be every bit as special as you guys are, reflect who you both are and be in the presence of those you want to share it with.
    It's so nice to have an excited person, had enough doom and gloom for now.

Right, I am off to sleep, already in bed and it's time to snuggle down. No alarm tomorrow, no plans and an empty house :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Take care and sweet dreams folks x
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

Oh god including! We could easily get another 150 on top but like I said, there's a point when you have to say enough is enough.

I'm sooooooo excited now we have a venue though, I can't wait to get the deposit down tomorrow and announce the date officially! :mrgreen:
    Our situation is different. Although we have relatives we've never met or HAVE met but don't speak to very much, they're not being invited. I don't see why we should shut out friends who have been a massive support to me over family i've never met... if you'd met me, you'd know that ain't happening ;):lol:

I hate the way that as soon as you're engaged people either assume you're inviting them or that they have a god given right to be at your big day because you shame a blood line somewhere along the road... Immediate family and good friends for us all the way :thumbup:
    I felt the same way, but the wifes dad was paying for most of it, and he is a traditionalist, and they were all people he knew, and wanted at the wedding, at the end of the day i decided as long as me and lorna were there, and all our closest friends and immediate family, i didn't care about the rest. but on the day, everything was okay.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    edited August 2010
    mateymate wrote:

Chuffin nora! That's certainly not the place for me then... I love long drawn out dusks and heat less than 25 degrees if I can :lol: Besides, is it true you can't kiss in public there or is that just a rumour? :?

Ahhhh the stag and hen do's... they should be fun :lol: :? 8-):mrgreen:

It sort of is, but when you are over there they dont mention anything. Normally these stories in UK papers did happen, but there is more to the story than the papers report. My friends have been living there for about 5 years together without being married. The key to that city is discretion, like it's legal to drink but illegal to be drunk etc.

There are no pubs there due to alcohol laws etc but you can drink inside hotels, so you find many clubs/bars just put themselves inside the hotel. I was drinking on the beach until 2am but as it's classed as a hotel it's ok. It's a strange place.
    Post edited by mateymate on
    Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007, Manchester 2009, London 2009, Dublin, Belfast, London 2010, Manchester x 2 2012, London x 2 2018.
  • dottles wrote:
    gorgeous girlie, you've every right to be excited :D:D:D
    It's yours and Dave's day, it needs to be every bit as special as you guys are, reflect who you both are and be in the presence of those you want to share it with.
    It's so nice to have an excited person, had enough doom and gloom for now.

Right, I am off to sleep, already in bed and it's time to snuggle down. No alarm tomorrow, no plans and an empty house :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Take care and sweet dreams folks x

Thanks sweetheart! :D

Sleep tight, make sure you let the PJ Bugs bite ;) xxxx

Bedtime for me as well, it was going to be about midnight tonight but I thought "I'll just log on to the 10c forums to see what they are saying" :lol:
  • I felt the same way, but the wifes dad was paying for most of it, and he is a traditionalist, and they were all people he knew, and wanted at the wedding, at the end of the day i decided as long as me and lorna were there, and all our closest friends and immediate family, i didn't care about the rest. but on the day, everything was okay.

Ah y'see, myself and Dave are paying for pretty much everything. My dad passed away last year so I can't take any money from my mum as she is nowhere near as financially stable as she was when he was here. Don't get me wrong, she's insisted she helps out (if it wasn't for her generous donation we wouldn't be anywhere near affording a venue deposit) but I won't take the piss and we're VERY grateful for anything she can offer help with.
    It's not just about money though, for me, who left home 10 years ago when I was only just 17, I have done a lot of my growing up with my friends. My friends have supported me through more than I ever thought I would need them for and I am eternally grateful. The best way I can show that is by inviting my dearest friends to either help with the wedding or be there all day. I understand that for my mum this isn't right as great aunt Doris's sister's cat hasn't been invited out of obligation, but tough titties. It's our wedding and we want the people we love present all day :)

• mateymate wrote:
    It sort of is, but when you are over there they dont mention anything. Normally these stories in UK papers did happen, but there is more to the story than the papers report. My friends have been living there for about 5 years together without being married. The key to that city is discretion, like it's legal to drink but illegal to be drunk etc.

There are no pubs there due to alcohol laws etc but you can drink inside hotels, so you find many clubs/bars just put themselves inside the hotel. I was drinking on the beach until 2am but as it's classed as a hotel it's ok. It's a strange place.

It sounds it.... definitelly not for me... I like a drinky too much :lol:

I felt the same way, but the wifes dad was paying for most of it, and he is a traditionalist, and they were all people he knew, and wanted at the wedding, at the end of the day i decided as long as me and lorna were there, and all our closest friends and immediate family, i didn't care about the rest. but on the day, everything was okay.

Ah y'see, myself and Dave are paying for pretty much everything. My dad passed away last year so I can't take any money from my mum as she is nowhere near as financially stable as she was when he was here. Don't get me wrong, she's insisted she helps out (if it wasn't for her generous donation we wouldn't be anywhere near affording a venue deposit) but I won't take the piss and we're VERY grateful for anything she can offer help with.
    It's not just about money though, for me, who left home 10 years ago when I was only just 17, I have done a lot of my growing up with my friends. My friends have supported me through more than I ever thought I would need them for and I am eternally grateful. The best way I can show that is by inviting my dearest friends to either help with the wedding or be there all day. I understand that for my mum this isn't right as great aunt Doris's sister's cat hasn't been invited out of obligation, but tough titties. It's our wedding and we want the people we love present all day :)
    First off, sorry about your dad, 2nd good to hear your sticking to your guns. and i hope you have a wonderfull day when it comes.
  • I felt the same way, but the wifes dad was paying for most of it, and he is a traditionalist, and they were all people he knew, and wanted at the wedding, at the end of the day i decided as long as me and lorna were there, and all our closest friends and immediate family, i didn't care about the rest. but on the day, everything was okay.

First off, sorry about your dad, 2nd good to hear your sticking to your guns. and i hope you have a wonderfull day when it comes.

Thank you :) I wasn't trying to come across as ungrateful by the way, I appreciate all advice that's given. I didn't mean it to come across as arrogant. Apologies.

Roight, i'm off to bedski. Night all and sweet dreams! Contract signing and date setting tomorrow! Exciting times! :D Byeeeeeeeeeee! xx

Thank you :) I wasn't trying to come across as ungrateful by the way, I appreciate all advice that's given. I didn't mean it to come across as arrogant. Apologies.

Roight, i'm off to bedski. Night all and sweet dreams! Contract signing and date setting tomorrow! Exciting times! :D Byeeeeeeeeeee! xx
    your okay, i didn't take it personally, but i was more upset about doris's sisters cat. not the cats fault. :lol:
    think i'm off to bed too
  • emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    Morning all :D
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    em jot wrote:
    Morning all :D
    :wave:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Just woken up and my head is feeling all fuzzy....
  • mateymate wrote:
    Evening people :thumbup:

I have stayed in tonight, so not too tipsy, ready for the football tomorrow :) Been listening to the bootlegs, crowd sounds awesome on the London show.
    awesome,,tell me what u think of black london version?? :)

You got my interest with this, I'm just listening to Black now, Mike played more godly than normal. :o

It's definately one of the best versions I have heard, Mike solo is insane, taking us higher and higher, as Ed compliments with his vocal harmony on the tag. Great sounds/feedback for the end of the solo during the turuturu, the recording has picked up how in to this the crowd was!!!!!

I'm going to say possibly best Black I have heard, the more I listen to this show, the better it is. 8-)
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    afternoon all had a super lazy morning and afternoon
    did absaloutley fuck all
    looking forward to hyde park on sky arts tonight :D

my son conar got his exam results he needed this week
    he had acceptance for abertay universitey in dundee based on them
    he got his accomidation sorted yesterday brand new student flats just opened this year 2 min walk from uni so that good
    looks like he be leaving home in september to go stay in dundee then

all very strange feeling hope it all works out ok for him

making me feel old :shock:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Pke wrote:
    afternoon all had a super lazy morning and afternoon
    did absaloutley fuck all
    looking forward to hyde park on sky arts tonight :D

my son conar got his exam results he needed this week
    he had acceptance for abertay universitey in dundee based on them
    he got his accomidation sorted yesterday brand new student flats just opened this year 2 min walk from uni so that good
    looks like he be leaving home in september to go stay in dundee then

all very strange feeling hope it all works out ok for him

making me feel old :shock:
    Ha ha you are old Paul!! :lol:
    Say hi and well done to Conar for me will you chief.. :)
    And everyone else of course! Hope you're all doing good. Nice to know someone has a chance to get a lazy Saturday, I've been working and now I'm home and doing paperwork. :(
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    I sent Marco a PM but he's not picked it up, he did mention going to France on holiday though, hopefully he'll find his way home

He's gone to hunt down the guy who crashed into his car in France!

Hope everyone's had a good day today, work this morning was tedious but made it through without getting too bored, enjoyed the first Soccer Saturday of the season, Charity Shield tomorrow and then the Premier League starts next week!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    hola brothers!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i talk with Daniel ,the guy from Bilbao sing Daughter with ed..
    he just have a sign says,"my dream is to sing a song with you on stage..and Ed call him on stage,, :o :shock:
    FUCKIN AWESOME!!!! :)
  • i talk with Daniel ,the guy from Bilbao sing Daughter with ed..
    he just have a sign says,"my dream is to sing a song with you on stage..and Ed call him on stage,, :o :shock:
    FUCKIN AWESOME!!!! :)

8-)8-)8-)8-)8-)
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    hola brothers!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

hola to you my freind !!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Evening all... how's you folks?
    I am pondering what to have for dinner... see I have all big decisions in my life :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    I am pondering what to have for dinner... see I have all big decisions in my life :lol:
    dottles wrote:
    :wave: hey Dimi, how's you?

Paul, meant to say in my last post, pass my congratulations on to Conar, he's going to have a blast at uni!