euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    dottles wrote:
    It's lovely here today, sun is shining :D ....but none of my mates want to come out and play :( I even offered to go to National Trust places with me my aunt, but no, I am billy no mates!
    I can't lie in the garden all day, I get bored and burnt...
    iTunes updating might be in order, but it seems a waste of a lovely day!

I'm trying not to think about the flight on the 5th from Brussels, mind you, it is to Manchester and not home...so it will be the 8th when the post tour blues really set in! *sigh*

Nah we got the boots to come after that :D

Looks like im seeing the Black Keys in Newcastle in October now so thats 3 times this year :shock:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    veddertown wrote:
    Morning D! I think your version of cold water is a little different from mine. Ours is still about 8 degrees. Nice to have a day off I bet! It's about the hottest day of the year so far here, it might even be double figures! :D
    the tempreture right now is 31 celcium,but the water was a little cold,i thionk in 15-20 days will be super,maybe less.. :o :shock: .but ill be on tour!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    dottles wrote:
    It's lovely here today, sun is shining :D ....but none of my mates want to come out and play :( I even offered to go to National Trust places with me my aunt, but no, I am billy no mates!
    I can't lie in the garden all day, I get bored and burnt...
    iTunes updating might be in order, but it seems a waste of a lovely day!

I'm trying not to think about the flight on the 5th from Brussels, mind you, it is to Manchester and not home...so it will be the 8th when the post tour blues really set in! *sigh*

Nah we got the boots to come after that :D

Looks like im seeing the Black Keys in Newcastle in October now so thats 3 times this year :shock:

Bloody hell! So much for you doing the oh I'm a poor student bit :lol:;)
    I've got to go to Glasgow later on in the year, my mates are hounding me as I didn't go up last year, and I expect another Manchester trip will happen before the year is out being hassled by mates there that they'll not get a chance to see me in July...maybe I'll see who is touring before I decide where to go and when :lol:

I've got to decide whether to go on a hen party today, August bank holiday weekend in Bournemouth, with a lot that love clubbing and I have to pay up front this week! I love my mate dearly, but I'm just not sure it's for me!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • wolfamongwolveswolfamongwolves Posts: 2,414
    edited May 2010
    veddertown wrote:
    Morning D! I think your version of cold water is a little different from mine. Ours is still about 8 degrees. Nice to have a day off I bet! It's about the hottest day of the year so far here, it might even be double figures! :D

I was going to say the same thing. Went swimming yesterday & I wish I'd had the greek version of "water a bit cold". James Joyce got the Irish swimming experience exactly right when he talked about the scrotumtightening sea"

One month today to the tour inaugurating piss-up in Dublin
    Post edited by wolfamongwolves on
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    This put me back in going on tour mode instead of flying home mode! 3 weeks from now I'll be searching for somewhere good for lunch in Dublin. :mrgreen: Any suggestions welcome folks.
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
    Oh, if any Irish people are about and fancy a gig, Frank Turner is playing a free gig in Cork tonight, and then tomorrow in Dublin (I think that one is ticketed but not very expensive). I love him, he's great, never been to a bad Frank Turner gig :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    My last post was supposed to have this link which was what cheered me up. I should do some work! :D
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&client ... d0G3qdssLc

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    veddertown wrote:
    3 weeks from now I'll be searching for somewhere good for lunch in Dublin. :mrgreen: Any suggestions welcome folks.

Depends on the kind of food you like :D We have all the usual TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe, Subway, Maccy D's etc but there are some yummy independant places too! Side streets off of Temple Bar Sq. or Grafton St. would generally be a good bet!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    Seafood and pregnant woman cravings food! Right now she likes ice pops and pickled beetroot! :mrgreen:

I hate seafood so I'd be useless at recommending a place :lol: If you wanted, you could head out on the DART to Howth, tis a li'l seaside place that'd do some nifty fish stuff from what I heard! Plus it's pretty :D
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    3 weeks from now I'll be searching for somewhere good for lunch in Dublin. :mrgreen: Any suggestions welcome folks.

Depends on the kind of food you like :D We have all the usual TGI Fridays, Hard Rock Cafe, Subway, Maccy D's etc but there are some yummy independant places too! Side streets off of Temple Bar Sq. or Grafton St. would generally be a good bet!
    for sure one dinner will be at hard rock cafe :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • whitesidewhiteside Posts: 85
    If you're staying near parnell st. (at north end of O'Connell St.) there's a nice cheap & cheerful place there called The Kingfisher http://www.kingfisherdublin.com/restaurant.html.

The Ritz it ain't, but good value, decent food, perfect for a bit of soakage. ;)
    Slane - Jul 10, 1993
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    M.E.N. Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The 02 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    No possible way in hell that I am going to read close to 700 pages here, so I will just write here.

I am going to be going alone to the show in Bilbao and would love to meet up and hang out with some other 10c members. I'll be there for the whole festival and am planning on sleeping at the camping site. PM me if you want to hang out.

P.S. Dimitri, I want a badge!!!!!

Rafie
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    If you have the time though, do try and get out of the city. Take the train (DART) out to Howth, Malahide or Dun Laoghaire and Bray even if it's just for an hour or two for a quick walkabout. Dun Laoghaire has a nice pier to walk along where you can watch some big ships come and go :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    rafie wrote:
    No possible way in hell that I am going to read close to 700 pages here, so I will just write here.

I am going to be going alone to the show in Bilbao and would love to meet up and hang out with some other 10c members. I'll be there for the whole festival and am planning on sleeping at the camping site. PM me if you want to hang out.

Rafie
    ill try to keep one for u..sent me a pm your mobile to contact when ill arrive at Bilbao
    A very good friend have a personal problem and cant do the europe tour
    she have those tix for sale,face value of course.
    if u intresting pm me for give u her mail
    thanks alot

1 x Bilbao
    2 x Venice
    1 x Nijmegen
    2 x London (no 10c.)
    Anyone know how the fit is on the 10c playing card hoody?
    (I don't have any PJ clothing merch to compare it with)
    dottles wrote:
    its a little smaller than the stickman hoodie,i would say the size are nornal
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    dottles wrote:
    Ian, if you hate shopping...why are you going?

Because this is my last free weekend to do such things in before Glastonbury/tour! Had to get in a few bits and pieces that I'll need for Glastonbury while they were on offer.

Spoke to Flybe today about changing my flight, they quoted more to change the flight than to simply book another one! Can get a refund back on the baggage fee and taxes so will get almost half what I paid back eventually.

Now to book another flight!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    dottles wrote:

its a little smaller than the stickman hoodie,i would say the size are nornal

hmmm, ok....seen one for sale and was thinking of getting it, but I am rubbish at buying things without trying them on. If the measurements are right in goods then it should fit :think:
    ilockyer wrote:
    dottles wrote:
    Ian, if you hate shopping...why are you going?

Because this is my last free weekend to do such things in before Glastonbury/tour! Had to get in a few bits and pieces that I'll need for Glastonbury while they were on offer.

Spoke to Flybe today about changing my flight, they quoted more to change the flight than to simply book another one! Can get a refund back on the baggage fee and taxes so will get almost half what I paid back eventually.

Now to book another flight!

Aaah, so shopping because of necessity.
    I bought some stuff for the tour online earlier.

So you defo coming earlier then? Madness that it would cost more to change then to re-book!!
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    rafie wrote:

Rafie

I,LL BE IN BILBAO CAMPING WITH THE MISSUS AN 3 KIDS ( 15 ,16,AN 17 YEAR OLDS SO NOT REALY KIDS ANY MORE) WILL BE THERE FOR THE FULL THING TO :D

GIVE ME A SHOUT OR PM ME YER DETAILS IF YOU WANT TO MEAT 8-)

I WOULD THINK I MIGHT ALREADY HAVE MET DIMITRI IN DUBLIN , BELFST ,LONDON , ARRAS AN WERCHTER BY THEN :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

IF WE ,VE NOT DRUNK EACH OTHER TO DEATH BY THEN THEN WE CAN MEET YOU IN BILBAO NO PROBS
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Pke wrote:

I WOULD THINK I MIGHT ALREADY HAVE MET DIMITRI IN DUBLIN , BELFST ,LONDON , ARRAS AN WERCHTER BY THEN :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
    wear the hat u have in avatar foto we will meet for sure :D
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Pke wrote:

THATS A DEAL ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    I thought PJ cured all problems...they do for me anyways : )

jk - hope they get better and are able to sell the tix.
    Red Lukin wrote:

personal problem say iy all.ill not post private problem a friend share with me..
    Pke wrote:

:lol::lol: Actually that's a good point, do you reckon we will recognise each other?
    dottles wrote:
    Pke wrote:

:lol::lol: Actually that's a good point, do you reckon we will recognise each other?
    some people im a friend in facebook will be easy..but people with not real name here as username ,never speak in facebook,no way to recognise
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I'll update my avatar some time in the upcoming week with a real pic of me wearing aa very distinct hat. That should make me recognizable
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Red Lukin wrote:

personal problem say iy all.ill not post private problem a friend share with me..

Of course not...I wouldn't either..just trying to shed some light on it and give your post a small bump ;)