euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Yeah he is such a spoil sport, although I do think it may have something to do with him never wanting to see Ben Harper ever again.

I know he was there at the O2 but not to sure about the him having fun part.

D I will be sure to tell him, although it may just break his heart.

You should leave him at home ;)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    chime wrote:
    Yeah he is such a spoil sport, although I do think it may have something to do with him never wanting to see Ben Harper ever again.

I know he was there at the O2 but not to sure about the him having fun part.

D I will be sure to tell him, although it may just break his heart.

My memory of him at the O2 is him stood nursing his pint expressionless. I can kinda understand the Ben Harper thing *ducks* :oops:

I understand the Ben Harper thing too... and I haven't even seen him.

Dave put his foot down too, all be it to a lesser extent... only 5 shows for us... I wanted to do Italy :cry:
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138

The morning of the show we might be going to the zoo :oops:

I've been thinking about going to the zoo too :oops:
    As I've never been before, there are a few things I'd like to see whilst I'm there.

I've not printed anything yet, but have folder ready for it all and all the documents are saves in my Hotmail but I might have to buy a printer unless I can get away with doing it from work! (plus I can't access hotmail from work so would have to forward everything to my work email..hmmm...ponder)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:

As I've never been before, there are a few things I'd like to see whilst I'm there.

I've not printed anything yet, but have folder ready for it all and all the documents are saves in my Hotmail but I might have to buy a printer unless I can get away with doing it from work! (plus I can't access hotmail from work so would have to forward everything to my work email..hmmm...ponder)

That's one of the reasons why we're doing the tourist thing and not the queueing thing. I've never been anywhere like that before so I'm taking advantage while I can :)

I think the zoo might take a bit longer than a morning so we might have to do the city tour the morning of the show and do the zoo on our free day :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    dottles wrote:

That's one of the reasons why we're doing the tourist thing and not the queueing thing. I've never been anywhere like that before so I'm taking advantage while I can :)

I think the zoo might take a bit longer than a morning so we might have to do the city tour the morning of the show and do the zoo on our free day :)

Me too, I'm in Berlin from the Saturday night so have time hopefully. I've an interest in history and studied the world wars/European history, so want to see some of the places I've read/written about.

I'm not as hardcore as many people in terms of queuing for the rail and such, I've done it before for the Levellers etc. Other people who've been to far more shows deserve those spots more than I, I'm just pleased to be going to the shows on tour, I've only been to one PJ show before so, I want to have an adventure/experience that combines seeing new things, meeting new people and the shows :oops:
    (if someone could sneak into bumping into the band along the way, well that would be awesome!)
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    the Berlin Zoo is a nice one, love it! But been there just once, the day after the Foo Fighters gig at Wuhlheide in...maybe August 2008. Theres another wonderful Zoo here in my hometown Hamburg, if you ever have the chance to come here, go visit "Hagenbecks Tierpark" :D I am more than happy to join you then since i have a season card almost every year, i'm there quite often (to take lots and lots of pictures as you can see in one of my facebook albums ;))
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Me too, I'm in Berlin from the Saturday night so have time hopefully. I've an interest in history and studied the world wars/European history, so want to see some of the places I've read/written about.

I'm not as hardcore as many people in terms of queuing for the rail and such, I've done it before for the Levellers etc. Other people who've been to far more shows deserve those spots more than I, I'm just pleased to be going to the shows on tour, I've only been to one PJ show before so, I want to have an adventure/experience that combines seeing new things, meeting new people and the shows :oops:
    (if someone could sneak into bumping into the band along the way, well that would be awesome!)

It's the history that appeals to me too :mrgreen:

We queued a bit last year and I got bored very quickly... It's time I could be in the pub damnit!! :lol:

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    hey all u freaks!!!becareful on the zoo,dont get scare the Animals!!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Jennytree wrote:

You should leave him at home ;)

trust him at home on his own, ya gotta be kidding ;)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786

I understand the Ben Harper thing too... and I haven't even seen him.

Dave put his foot down too, all be it to a lesser extent... only 5 shows for us... I wanted to do Italy :cry:

Saw him twice last year and he is so dull.

Such ashame for you, only 5 shows :twisted:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Jennytree wrote:
    btw Jenny any ideas about 29th in berlin?any bar we all go to drink..like 50 drinks??? :mrgreen:

edit/hard rock cafe in berlin has great stuff of pearl jam ;)
    and i have a good info ,but ill pm to a few people.. 8-)

I know some awesome pubs but they may not be your thing if you're not a metal fan!

Anywhere where you can get a Twisted Sister cocktail HAS to be all good ;)http://www.halford-berlin.de/karte.htm

We get into Berlin at about 14:00 on the 29th so we'll need something to keep us occupied for the afternoon :D

i went to zoo last year it was fab

you get zoo ticket or a joint ticket that gets you in to the aquarium bit to

would defo recomend doing both if youv got the time

make sure and get there early big que at opening time an if you plan on doing both bits you need a full day

well worth it though ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    [

not that i work for the berlin tourist board but defo worth doing ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Jennytree wrote:
    Fucked if I'm queueing in Berlin. Such a waste of time last year for those that did. I wandered down there at 1 or 2, got to hang out sitting on the grass outside with loads of wonderful people, got a seat and had a great view over the heads above me. Also got to eat and drink some more inside the venue... nommy :D
    im not queuing too.ill be in the park,have fun,drinking beer..
    and for sure seated for be safe ..
    i hope the weather stays as Eddie said last year.. :)

thats where ill be to ;)

sat at mikes side near the bottom of the 2nd section of seating last year an was feckin ace
    fuck that queing all day to get in first so you can get crushed to fuck at the front
    the genral admision seating round the sides is majic in berlin :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    Fucked if I'm queueing in Berlin. Such a waste of time last year for those that did. I wandered down there at 1 or 2, got to hang out sitting on the grass outside with loads of wonderful people, got a seat and had a great view over the heads above me. Also got to eat and drink some more inside the venue... nommy :D
    im not queuing too.ill be in the park,have fun,drinking beer..
    and for sure seated for be safe ..
    i hope the weather stays as Eddie said last year.. :)

thats where ill be to ;)

sat at mikes side near the bottom of the 2nd section of seating last year an was feckin ace
    fuck that queing all day to get in first so you can get crushed to fuck at the front
    the genral admision seating round the sides is majic in berlin :D
    Mike side me too
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:

i done a walking tour last year too , we met up at the train station at alexanderffgjhapihfporufhgpjfbcbj platz and got on train out of town then walked to cancentration camp
    they company i went with done about half a dozen different walking tours all of which looked good
    after it was by the guide marked off different places to go on a map for me an we went to them to was really good

went up that big fuck off tv tower and its got a bar at the top you can buy a beer and the walk 360 degrees round veiwing platform drinking your beer do it at evening and you can see the veiws in the daylight watch the sunset then see the town at night all lit up from up above
    theres no limit on the time you can stay up there and drink beers

the east side gallery which is the biggest remaining part of the berlin wall is really good to , the wall is all covered in painting an is really cool , its right next to the berlin o2 arena next to the river and is really good to walk along and see plus you can get a seat on the grass beside the river and consume as much carry out beer as you like
    majic ;)

best thing i can advise is always find somwhere to go where theres beer if not take it with you just keepon drinkin them beers :D
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    Pke wrote:
    , we met up at the train station at alexanderffgjhapihfporufhgpjfbcbj platz

:D
    you are my type!! :lol::lol:
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    Pke wrote:

hahahaha! Thats what i thought as well reading it :lol:
    Pke wrote:

by the time it gets half way through the day an a few beers have been consumed

you ask me directions and everything has turned into alex :lol: ifpfviuhpefvhpfvuih platz or somthing
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
  • pearljamchrispearljamchris Posts: 282
    hey i know its abit early but has anyone had an email regarding ten club ticket pick up times n wot not yet?
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
    grungeyed wrote:
    hey i know its abit early but has anyone had an email regarding ten club ticket pick up times n wot not yet?
    in 20-25 days from now..hope u see u more in the thread.. :)
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    The emails won't be out until the week before the show, don't panic yet :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    haha thanx guys, just abit panicy this time around cus i changed my email addy since orderin my tickets, but damn im excited! only 5 weeks now!
    oh dimitris, did u have your greece flag at the rotterdam show last year? i saw someone with one and wondered if it was you..... noticing your dp.
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    Now that tour time is coming closer, I wish I had bought tickets for more shows :lol:
    But Rock Werchter it is, and damn excited about that!
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Marina!!!! Shame we won't be seeing each other this tour :( Wonder if any of the 'crew' are doing Wechter too?
  • chelsea48chelsea48 Posts: 594
    Pke wrote:
    chelsea48 wrote:
    Ok pke where are you.

im here man I am. Workig in Ayr in the witherspoons partaking in consuming too much alcohol

hows it goin

headin to bed early tonight need to spend some quality time with the missus ;)

whats happening
    grungeyed wrote:
    oh dimitris, did u have your greece flag at the rotterdam show last year? i saw someone with one and wondered if it was you..... noticing your dp.
    53351217823883118115450.jpg

the flag is always with me.... ;)
    grungeyed wrote:

haha awesome it was you! i will be sure to look out the the flag this time around :D
    grungeyed wrote:
    grungeyed wrote:

haha awesome it was you! i will be sure to look out the the flag this time around :D
    great!!!ill drink a beer with u...or two..or ill be drunk already and my snake body will speak.. :lol::lol:
  • -Buru--Buru- Posts: 1,292
    redrock wrote:
    Marina!!!! Shame we won't be seeing each other this tour :( Wonder if any of the 'crew' are doing Wechter too?

I have no idea if they are... I expect to see at least a few familiar faces though, and I will have my flag with me, of course.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.