euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Has anyone ever gone on a bike tour? Fat Tire looks like a fun time. They're 4 hours long and look to cover a lot of ground http://fattirebiketours.com/london

No I'm not advertising for them, but trying to figure out if I should go in London or Berlin. Right now I'm thinking London on the 24th at 15:30 if my flight lands me quick enough.
    I've gone with them in Paris and Berlin, great fun. Hoping I can get to Barcelona to do it there soon enough.

I recommend the Berlin one more than London, not that I've done the London one. Maybe it's cos I'm living here, and familiarity breeds contempt, but... I think Berlin's just a nicer place to ride a bike than London. Putting the gears up for a quick dash through Tiergarten just seems more enjoyable than weaving through Hyde Park (though neither are a patch on going along the canals at the Versailles gardens).
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    philthehip wrote:
    Hello folks. Saw Mark Lanegan last night, great show all round. Not long now till the tour :D

I really wanted to go and see Mark Lanegan on this tour but it was either that or adding Berlin to my PJ dates and there was only going to be one winner. What kind of mix of material was his setlist made up from and am I right in thinking this was an acoustic show?
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • veddertown wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    Hello folks. Saw Mark Lanegan last night, great show all round. Not long now till the tour :D

I really wanted to go and see Mark Lanegan on this tour but it was either that or adding Berlin to my PJ dates and there was only going to be one winner. What kind of mix of material was his setlist made up from and am I right in thinking this was an acoustic show?

Yup acoustic. He mostly did stuff from his solo albums but some covers, screaming trees and QOTSA for good measure. His voice is out of this world. Great night.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    veddertown wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Yup acoustic. He mostly did stuff from his solo albums but some covers, screaming trees and QOTSA for good measure. His voice is out of this world. Great night.
    i would love to see that :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    veddertown wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I wanted to go to see him too, but London and Manchester were the nearest shows and none of my mates wanted to go. I was saying to Dave that if I had thought about it I should have got a Manc ticket and gone up as I have leave to use up. Bloody should have gone!!!
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    veddertown wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I was on the way back from seeing Muse in Glasgow in 2003 and we walked past a club, can't remember now if it was Barrowlands or the ABC but there was a queue outside which we ignored largely due to being soaked to the skin and freezing so we made for our hotel and then next morning I discovered Mark Lanegan was playing and he didn't come on stage until really late. I was pretty gutted :( He is still the greatest voice in rock music for me and I'll have to see him next time. Jealous of those who made it!!

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • veddertown wrote:
    I was on the way back from seeing Muse in Glasgow in 2003 and we walked past a club, can't remember now if it was Barrowlands or the ABC but there was a queue outside which we ignored largely due to being soaked to the skin and freezing so we made for our hotel and then next morning I discovered Mark Lanegan was playing and he didn't come on stage until really late. I was pretty gutted :( He is still the greatest voice in rock music for me and I'll have to see him next time. Jealous of those who made it!!

My favourite live singer by far.
    dottles wrote:
    I wanted to go to see him too, but London and Manchester were the nearest shows and none of my mates wanted to go. I was saying to Dave that if I had thought about it I should have got a Manc ticket and gone up as I have leave to use up. Bloody should have gone!!!

Next time...
    dottles wrote:

Next time...

Careful Dave, I'll hold you to that :lol: Nah mate, glad it was a good'un

How many sleeps til Dublin?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    I think it's about time ML released a new solo album. It's been far too long since Bubblegum and as much as I liked The Gutter Twins, Soulsavers and the albums with Isobel Campbell there's something about the solo stuff that really stands out. Definately next tour though! :D

My very dodgy counting reckons 57 days til Dublin...
    dottles wrote:
    :D sounds great
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:
    :D sounds great

It does indeed Dimi, Hurrah!!
    holy fuck!!!!less than 2 months too see boys...10 times!!!!!!!!!Girruuuuupppppppp!!!!!!!!! :D
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Hinn wrote:
    Paka wrote:
    good morning everyone
    I saw the John Butler Trio last night in Zurich. t'was fuckin awesome! Was first sceptical about the new band members but then had to realize that the name still stands for a bunch of extremely talented and passionate musicians. Really great live band. If they get close to you this summer, you really should not miss them. ;)
    It was a bit underwhelming when I caught them the week before. Good in patches - Ocean is always a killer - but it didn't nearly grab me as much as the last time I saw them, about 18 months ago.

Definitely the weakest JBT show I've seen over the past 11 odd years. The crowd lapped it up, but... I dunno, the Sunrise Over Sea tour was still good. There's just something about the overall move away from the jamminess that I'm not totally digging. No love for Byron here- Gavin, Rory and Shannon all had a better presence on the bass. Michael and Shannon in particular were absolute monsters.

Nicky Bomba's a great drummer, but the Michael and Shannon combo was just something else.

I really disliked the news about michael and shannon leaving the band. my first jbt gig in 2005 was one of the most intense concerts i've ever attended. i was addicted to their music. they set a tremendous benchmark that imo was never again achieved in the years after. their discography is kinda representative to the way their gigs evolved...first was the best, last the worst (last night's the exception). really liked all the records until sos - but grand national then made me forget about them. still my temptation to see them last night was just too big. luckily it paid out - i liked it better than the last few gigs of the old formation. the boys just had so much fun and infected the whole crowd with it. Byron might not have the Shannon technique but he still kicked ass and the band seemed to be in perfect harmony throughout the gig. i'm now looking forward to listening to the new record and maybe another gig at one of the festivals this summer ;)
    Ocean's a classic, but John should really start playing Valley again..

I like Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam is cool. Pearl Jam makes me hit the loo when I'm drunk and have to pee.
  • veddertown wrote:
    I think it's about time ML released a new solo album. It's been far too long since Bubblegum and as much as I liked The Gutter Twins, Soulsavers and the albums with Isobel Campbell there's something about the solo stuff that really stands out. Definately next tour though! :D

Greg Dulli said in an interview that Mark is doing another solo album while he does another Twilight Singers (Mark appears on this as well i think)
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Hinn wrote:
    I recommend the Berlin one more than London, not that I've done the London one. Maybe it's cos I'm living here, and familiarity breeds contempt, but... I think Berlin's just a nicer place to ride a bike than London. Putting the gears up for a quick dash through Tiergarten just seems more enjoyable than weaving through Hyde Park (though neither are a patch on going along the canals at the Versailles gardens).

Thanks for the recommendation Hinn. I won't do Versailles - just don't have that much time in Paris. But based on your suggestion I just may do Berlin for sure and maybe the Paris at night.
    veddertown wrote:

Greg Dulli said in an interview that Mark is doing another solo album while he does another Twilight Singers (Mark appears on this as well i think)

That's good news on both counts, Twilight Singers are pretty ace too. Soulsavers is going to get a spin tonight I think. Would love to see Screaming Trees reform for a few shows now that ML seems to have grown up and stopped taking everything for granted. One of my mates went to 2 shows on different tours and he only stayed onstage for 45 mins first time then next time he stopped to argue with a roadie after about 20 mins, left the stage and didn't return. I thought Axl Rose was unpredictable! :roll:

Morning!!! :)
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Hinn wrote:
    Paka wrote:
    good morning everyone
    I saw the John Butler Trio last night in Zurich. t'was fuckin awesome! Was first sceptical about the new band members but then had to realize that the name still stands for a bunch of extremely talented and passionate musicians. Really great live band. If they get close to you this summer, you really should not miss them. ;)
    It was a bit underwhelming when I caught them the week before. Good in patches - Ocean is always a killer - but it didn't nearly grab me as much as the last time I saw them, about 18 months ago.

Definitely the weakest JBT show I've seen over the past 11 odd years. The crowd lapped it up, but... I dunno, the Sunrise Over Sea tour was still good. There's just something about the overall move away from the jamminess that I'm not totally digging. No love for Byron here- Gavin, Rory and Shannon all had a better presence on the bass. Michael and Shannon in particular were absolute monsters.

Nicky Bomba's a great drummer, but the Michael and Shannon combo was just something else.

Good to hear a few reviews on what the new band is like. Michal ans Shannon were great as part of the band, but as we know, the trio does change every now and then. I have not seen JBT in 3 years or so now. Saw some great shows back in the day!. Nicky Bomba is great, and i enjoyed a lot of shows with his old band, Bomba. great fun.

Red Lukin wrote:
    Hinn wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation Hinn. I won't do Versailles - just don't have that much time in Paris. But based on your suggestion I just may do Berlin for sure and maybe the Paris at night.

I have done Paris Berlin and Barcelona. They did not run in London while i was there. Paris is the best of them. Did the night tour 3 times!!! (3 different occasions in Paris) so i would reccomend to anyone. Berlin is great as well. Will do Versallies next time in Paris :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    I'm watching Touring Band 2000 tonight and I'm going to attempt to make that my last PJ until Dublin or at least until the road journey to Glasgow airport two days before which is in 54 days! Anyway how good is this dvd!!? I'm up to Parting Ways and that would good to hear on tour as would Thin Air and any other Binaural song. Such a good Wishlist and Leatherman too. :D

God I'm knackered, not long got in from work :( I know people work longer hours, but I don't do it very often to am shattered.
    It was a mix of the Singles soundtrack, a PJ playlist, some Foo Fighters and a bit of Frank Turner which got me through today...
    Is it June yet?
    Good morning everyone. Does anyone know when the schedule for hard rock calling is announced? I'd like to watch The Hives and The Gaslight Anthem and probably Ben Harper again too. Is anyone going to see The Gaslight Anthem show in London on the Saturday?

what the hell is Prince doing??
    Paka wrote:
    ?
    Paka wrote:
    ?

From what I can gather he is playing in Arras on July, 9th as an addition to the festival, and also will be playing at the Roskilde Festival on July 4th and at Werchter Boutique on July 10th.

Morning y'all...hope you are all bright and cheery :mrgreen:
    Excited yet?
    dottles wrote:
    Paka wrote:
    ?

From what I can gather he is playing in Arras on July, 9th as an addition to the festival, and also will be playing at the Roskilde Festival on July 4th and at Werchter Boutique on July 10th.

Excited yet?

JEBUS CHRIST! It's maybe not June yet, but good lord, it's fucking summer over here!! 24 degrees at least. I feel like I'm in Barca 8-):D
    YEEEEHAAAA!!!
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    yeah! Here as well :D though Hamburg -the far north of Germany- is known for its cold and rainy weather. Its wonderful outside! Of course, as we are working inside :|
    its so strange to me how North europeans feel about weather..here the clouds and rain are rare,sun is always smilling here!!!i really didnt understand that we had a winter this year!!!no cold at all!! :)
    dottles wrote:
    Paka wrote:
    ?

Excited yet?

really wanna see prince live and find it kinda unfortunate that he's just playing three gigs in europe...
  • Hey guys,

I cant find the ticket need/have thread for Europe. Can someone send me a link, or should I post requests in this thread.

Thanks guys