euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Morning all :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • veddertownveddertown Posts: 5,260
    Good morning all. It seems a long time since the tour was announced now and I guess the 500+ pages of this thread are a testament to that but Pearl Jam will be playing in Dublin in only 56 days! Looking forward to seeing the setlists and fanviews in May. :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    woooohoooo!! And I am excited as hell :D:D

oh, and GOOD MORNING of course :)
    Morning Yvi..at work?? :) ..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    yes, where else? :think: ;)
    71step28 wrote:
    yes, where else? :think: ;)
    yeah,me too,just put the 3rd espresso,start to rain,so we get back in the office from selters.,,and back in the forum.. :D
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    good morning everyone
    I saw the John Butler Trio last night in Zurich. t'was fuckin awesome! Was first sceptical about the new band members but then had to realize that the name still stands for a bunch of extremely talented and passionate musicians. Really great live band. If they get close to you this summer, you really should not miss them. ;)

in two months time I will be walking around london with a tremendous smile in my face after having seen three PJ gigs and knowing that the biggest night in live-music history is just 4 nights away... :)
    2010 - I love you!! :D
    Paka wrote:
    knowing that the biggest night in live-music history is just 4 nights away... :)
    exactly this :)
    is it june yet????cos we have pj tour
    and summer in Greek way 8-)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2kLHWpQUes&feature=fvw
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    morning all
    not long now ;)
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    Hello folks. Saw Mark Lanegan last night, great show all round. Not long now till the tour :D
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,137
    Goodness, all you guys going to see people play, all makes me a bit jealous (tho I live miles from anywhere it is beautiful). I spent yesterday at a celebrity football match (Arsenal Celebrity 11 vs a local legends 11) and then at a pub quiz and drank copious amounts of Jack Daniels throughout the day. Good job today I am at my desk all day working on stuff so I can just plug into my iPod :lol::D

It's all feeling a bit real now for the tour, not only do I get to see the band 6 times, but I get to meet you lot :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    Goodness, all you guys going to see people play, all makes me a bit jealous (tho I live miles from anywhere it is beautiful). I spent yesterday at a celebrity football match (Arsenal Celebrity 11 vs a local legends 11) and then at a pub quiz and drank copious amounts of Jack Daniels throughout the day. Good job today I am at my desk all day working on stuff so I can just plug into my iPod :lol::D

It's all feeling a bit real now for the tour, not only do I get to see the band 6 times, but I get to meet you lot :mrgreen:

Its gonna be an awesome couple of weeks for me. Cant wait for the break as well as the music. I need to be sitting in a beer garden in Berlin drinking till I am comatosed :lol:
    philthehip wrote:
    Its gonna be an awesome couple of weeks for me. Cant wait for the break as well as the music. I need to be sitting in a beer garden in Berlin drinking till I am comatosed :lol:

yeah me too, not been away on holiday in over 5 years (other than a hen do in Dublin), plus that last holiday was with my ex and not really something I want to actively remember. I really need to be away, not have to worry about family arguments, work and all the rest of it.

I'll join you in the beer garden, just not in the drinking of beer :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

yeah me too, not been away on holiday in over 5 years (other than a hen do in Dublin), plus that last holiday was with my ex and not really something I want to actively remember. I really need to be away, not have to worry about family arguments, work and all the rest of it.

I'll join you in the beer garden, just not in the drinking of beer :lol:

Why no beer drinking?
    Don't like it...I'm from the west country, I'm a cider drinker! :lol:

So - cider, perry, JD (and coke...I know I know!!), vodka, alcopops, rose wine, white wine...I am a girly girl really :lol:
    dottles wrote:

So - cider, perry, JD (and coke...I know I know!!), vodka, alcopops, rose wine, white wine...I am a girly girl really :lol:
    u put coke in jd?
    dottles wrote:

u put coke in jd?

as in cola..not as in cocaine (well I have mixed all three in the past...not pretty and not to be repeated!)
    I know it goes against the grain, adding cola to JD, but I like it and that's all that matters to me. I can drink it straight, just prefer it sweeter and to last a bit longer!
    dottles wrote:

JD without coke normally but it makes a nice summer drink with the coke. Love white wine, hate rose. I dont mind cider on the ocassion
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

JD without coke normally but it makes a nice summer drink with the coke. Love white wine, hate rose. I dont mind cider on the ocassion
    Cider is refreshing in the summer, I have been known to drink it with blackcurrant and vodka in it as well.
    The 'new' ciders about are nice, we have a cider called rattler down here which knocks out a fair few tourists :lol:
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    dottles wrote:
    Cider is refreshing in the summer, I have been known to drink it with blackcurrant and vodka in it as well.
    The 'new' ciders about are nice, we have a cider called rattler down here which knocks out a fair few tourists :lol:

my friend from bristol drinks blackthorn, awful shite
    satansbed wrote:
    dottles wrote:

whats that?
  • satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,139
    satansbed wrote:
    dottles wrote:

whats that?

its a west country cider
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Paka wrote:
    good morning everyone
    I saw the John Butler Trio last night in Zurich. t'was fuckin awesome! Was first sceptical about the new band members but then had to realize that the name still stands for a bunch of extremely talented and passionate musicians. Really great live band. If they get close to you this summer, you really should not miss them. ;)
    It was a bit underwhelming when I caught them the week before. Good in patches - Ocean is always a killer - but it didn't nearly grab me as much as the last time I saw them, about 18 months ago.

Definitely the weakest JBT show I've seen over the past 11 odd years. The crowd lapped it up, but... I dunno, the Sunrise Over Sea tour was still good. There's just something about the overall move away from the jamminess that I'm not totally digging. No love for Byron here- Gavin, Rory and Shannon all had a better presence on the bass. Michael and Shannon in particular were absolute monsters.

Nicky Bomba's a great drummer, but the Michael and Shannon combo was just something else.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    satansbed wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Blackthorn is :sick: I don't like strongbow either. I used to drink scrumpy jack, but now often end up with magners, kopparberg or locally brewed stuff like rattler.
    satansbed wrote:
    its a west country cider
    and what make u think that i understand your explenation?? :lol::lol::lol:
    satansbed wrote:
    its a west country cider

:lol::lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cider

My part of England is often associated with cider rather than beer, ales or lagers.
    dottles wrote:
    satansbed wrote:
    its a west country cider

:lol::lol:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cider

My part of England is often associated with cider rather than beer, ales or lagers.
    better:)
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    dottles wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    dottles wrote:

That reminds me of what my wife used to drink, the cider with blackcurrent and vodka, they called it a red witch.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Has anyone ever gone on a bike tour? Fat Tire looks like a fun time. They're 4 hours long and look to cover a lot of ground http://fattirebiketours.com/london

No I'm not advertising for them, but trying to figure out if I should go in London or Berlin. Right now I'm thinking London on the 24th at 15:30 if my flight lands me quick enough.