euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottles wrote:
    I'm booked into a hotel in Arras on the 2nd, but would probably spend the day in Paris before going up there early evening or something.
    You booked into a hostel (shudder :lol::lol::D ) in Paris I take it...

Yup hostel for 2 nights. Not much in Arras so 2 days in Paris makes more sense. Train to Arras on 3rd and although we haven't worked out the details yet we're camping at the gig.
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,140
    Oki dokes, I'll have a look for a hotel for the night
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Paka wrote:
    is the hotel in Manhattan?

New York will cost 250 € for me. 10C Ticket for night 1, flights and accommodation included...8-)
    There's just one little catch: Will arrive on the day of the show and am gonna leave the very next day. Super short trip to New York City..with probably the longest night of my life :D
    I think I'll have to marry a stewardess ;)
    :) ..u freak...u know how to treat women...orthodox way.... 8-)

that's right brother - the turks taught us how to make Baklava and we taught them how to treat women correctly...or at least we tried so.. :lol:;)
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    dottles wrote:
    I'm booked into a hotel in Arras on the 2nd, but would probably spend the day in Paris before going up there early evening or something.

That sounds great!!!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    dottles wrote:

That sounds great!!!

Yeah, I've never been to Paris before....
    Anyone know what the area around Gard de nord is like?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Paka wrote:
    :) ..u freak...u know how to treat women...orthodox way.... 8-)

that's right brother - the turks taught us how to make Baklava and we taught them how to treat women correctly...or at least we tried so.. :lol:;)
    as i said before..only u in the thread can understand the word "brother"...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    dottles wrote:

?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsiBhQ60rJE
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

That sounds great!!!

Montmartre is 2 stops away on the metro from Gare du Nord.

It just occured to me that I've been there like 5 times and never bothered to walk outside the train station, always moving right along to something else. Just thought there's better places to hang out in Paris than around those parts.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Hmm, setlist for Dublin, would take something like this:

Wash, Gonna See My Friend, Last Exit, State Of Love And Trust, Once, Dissident, Down, Life Wasted, Low Light, Present Tense, Sometimes, Supersonic, Johnny Guitar, Alive, I Am Mine, In Hiding, Breath

1st Encore: Red Mosquito, Thumbing My Way, Off He Goes, Unthought Known, Given To Fly, Throw Your Hatred Down

2nd Encore: Oceans, Crown Of Thorns, Blood, Leash, Parting Ways, Yellow Ledbetter
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    dottles wrote:
    dottles wrote:

That sounds great!!!

Paris is a really cool city !, im not sure about that area though, sorry!

Though be careful on the roads they drive like crazy people over there!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    ilockyer wrote:

Wash, Gonna See My Friend, Last Exit, State Of Love And Trust, Once, Dissident, Down, Life Wasted, Low Light, Present Tense, Sometimes, Supersonic, Johnny Guitar, Alive, I Am Mine, In Hiding, Breath

1st Encore: Red Mosquito, Thumbing My Way, Off He Goes, Unthought Known, Given To Fly, Throw Your Hatred Down

2nd Encore: Oceans, Crown Of Thorns, Blood, Leash, Parting Ways, Yellow Ledbetter

:););)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
    Thanks peeps, I was only looking there as it is is easy to get to from the airport and then to Arras the following day. My french is bad, not used it for 14 years..hmmm... it just seems a shame to land there and have a night free but not stop in the city and see some of it. I'd have the rest of the 1st, then however long I wanted to stay on the 2nd before heading to Arras.

Ian, liking the set list!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Well im gonna be front row berlin and im gonna made a Love Boat Captain? sign.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Brisk. wrote:
    Join me in Werchter with my 'I'm wearing a nappy today!' sign
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
    ilockyer wrote:

:shock: :o no even flow???how Hin will play drum solo..is the only reason im doing this tour...forget it.. :evil:
    Hinn wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    and ill wear this shirt !!!

b6703c26.jpg
    ilockyer wrote:

:shock: :o no even flow???how Hin will play drum solo..is the only reason im doing this tour...forget it.. :evil:

Evenflow pre set? :o
    ilockyer wrote:

Evenflow pre set? :o
    number 12 of the main set
    Hinn wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

lol?
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    So can anyone answer these questions - any help appreciated.

Will trains be running after the show in Arras, France back to Paris?

Best mode of transport to Heinken Festival from San Marco area in Venice and then back.

Thanks.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Best mode of transport to Heinken Festival from San Marco area in Venice and then back.

Thanks.
    http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/trains_A ... 5_142.aspx
    this is the train hours..the problem is that the last train to paris is at 21:35 at saturday,so no way to go back couse the boys will be on stage..
    as for venice u can take a taxi to the venue,or a train to mestre and from there the buses go to the festival..and back the same ,back to mestre train station and from there to san marco..
    or buses
    buses:Line n° 5, 12, 12/, 19, 24 from Venice
    Line 10, 12, 12vfrom center of mestre
    Linea 9 from mestre train station
    http://www.heineken.it/main/HeinekenJam ... _arrivare/
    Yeah, train back from Arras is definitely a non starter. Pearl Jam aren't scheduled to finish until 2:00 am according to the festival website.
    ilockyer wrote:
    Yeah, train back from Arras is definitely a non starter. Pearl Jam aren't scheduled to finish until 2:00 am according to the festival website.
    2:00n am??????what a fuckin party!!!!
    btw there are no buses arras-paris?i didnt find any..
  • First train from Arras to Brussels on sunday is 18:41?

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/Default.asp ... tTotalLink
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
    First train from Arras to Brussels on sunday is 18:41?

http://www.raileurope.co.uk/Default.asp ... tTotalLink
    No..on sunday the hours are:
    06:47 -07:27 09:27 10:20 11:54 12:48 15:23 ..etc
    u change train at Lille or in AEROPORT CDG depence the hour u choose
    http://www.bonjourlafrance.com/trains_A ... _6948.aspx
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    changing train at lille would be your best bet for sure. From lille, you can go direct to brussels
    this is by far the best source of timetable information - Deutsche Bahn
    http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query. ... col=http:&

and if you need to book tickets, do it through the countries particular rail carrier, not any of the 3rd party bookers like rail europe and so on

it will take you about 3 hours from arras, with 2 or 3 changes
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    this is by far the best source of timetable information - Deutsche Bahn
    + 1 and its always cheaper..
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679

Thanks.
    this is the train hours..the problem is that the last train to paris is at 21:35 at saturday,so no way to go back couse the boys will be on stage..
    as for venice u can take a taxi to the venue,or a train to mestre and from there the buses go to the festival..and back the same ,back to mestre train station and from there to san marco..
    or buses

Awesome - thanks so much for the info. I heard rumors that in prior years they had late trains from Arras back to Paris after the fesitval each night. Time will tell if that is true.

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Thanks.
    or buses

Awesome - thanks so much for the info. I heard rumors that in prior years they had late trains from Arras back to Paris after the fesitval each night. Time will tell if that is true.
    ill be there from 2th,i can text u and tell u if i learn something so at 3th u coming u know
    And the young, they can lose hope because they cant see beyond, today.