euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    dottles wrote:
    chime wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Hi! I need your help! We booked the flight to London on the 24th and we want to stay there until the 28th or 29th and then fly to Berlin! The hotel prices in London are really horrible. Does anybody know a cheap place to stay in London without living under the bridge? :)
    I know its enough time until June but i would like to fix the PJ journey details as soon as possible!

There are a chain of hotels that are basic but are fine and should be cheap http://www.travelodge.co.uk or http://www.premierinn.co.uk

It maybe too far in advance at the moment to get the really cheap prices though :oops:

You could also look into renting an apartment as that sometimes work out cheaper.

Even the travelodge type places charge around £100 a night in London.
    There are some good hostels or base hotels, easyjet run one and sometimes include airport transfers or look on the yha site :)

http://www.yha.org.uk/
    http://www.easyhotel.com/

They don't normally. For O2 we were in a travelodge for £39 and I know for Wembley people got rooms in travelodge for £29. Don't know why the prices are showing so high at the moment :oops:

I thought it must be because of how far in advance they were looking as I tried dates in March and got the normal prices.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    chime wrote:
    dottles wrote:

Even the travelodge type places charge around £100 a night in London.
    There are some good hostels or base hotels, easyjet run one and sometimes include airport transfers or look on the yha site :)

http://www.yha.org.uk/
    http://www.easyhotel.com/

They don't normally. For O2 we were in a travelodge for £39 and I know for Wembley people got rooms in travelodge for £29. Don't know why the prices are showing so high at the moment :oops:

I thought it must be because of how far in advance they were looking as I tried dates in March and got the normal prices.

That's really good prices for central London, I paid £100 a night average in a Travelodge near Camden for the iTunes festival thing last year. Wembley I think can be cheaper as it is further out, but really with the tube and night buses as long as you're fairly central I guess it doesn't really matter where you are. I'll keep an eye on travelodge/premier inn :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I signed up to Travelodge' newsletter and their last special offer £9 rooms were for Easter. I guess wait until Jan/Feb and have a look then for cheaper rooms :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Is there already a "10c-flight" from Belfast to London on 24th June?
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    A couple of recommendations for Dublin...

Me and a mate are staying here: http://www.burlingtonhotel.ie/

It's a bit more expensive than the Travelodge but still only €40 each per night - have stayed here before and its a nice place :D

Plus in terms of getting to Dublin and back from Belfast - we a have booked to go from Southampton with Flybe - which worked out at about £68 each - including all taxes for the return trip. Southampton is much less hassle than Heathrow or Gatwick and is recommended especially is you are a Southern England Peal Jammer! :D
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Thanks all for your help!!! :D
    I guess you are right and the best would be to wait and not book now!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    nigel wrote:
    A couple of recommendations for Dublin...

Me and a mate are staying here: http://www.burlingtonhotel.ie/

It's a bit more expensive than the Travelodge but still only €40 each per night - have stayed here before and its a nice place :D

Oooo Very nice but not exactly city centre either, especially when trying to get to the O2! You can get similar hotels for a few quid cheaper at http://www.d4hotels.ie/. All hotels are in or around the Ballsbridge area.
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Jennytree wrote:
    I signed up to Travelodge' newsletter and their last special offer £9 rooms were for Easter. I guess wait until Jan/Feb and have a look then for cheaper rooms :)

This is the way to go with Travelodge. You'll only get the deals by waiting a little... my housemate and I paid £19 for a room at the Travelodge in Kings Cross in 2007 for the Wembley show. That said, the cheapest I got for Hyde Park last year, for Bruce, was £48 but that included things like early check-in which costs more. Bear that in mind if you're arriving in London on the day of the show, they charge extra for you to check in before 2pm.

Anyone got any recommendations on hotels for Berlin? Work are being unhelpful and not releasing the summer leave diary 'til mid February so want to at least get some forward planning done. Looking for somewhere affordable where you don't have to pay up front so I can cancel if needs be.

At least Arras is looking a lot cheaper, was going to treat myself to a nice hotel as I'll have just been paid, but for 8 euros I can camp... job's a good 'un. Gdynia looks like an impossibly long and tiring journey with there being a show the night before. Wonder who'll be playing on 2 July at Arras? Hopefully someone good and could make that a 2 day trip.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to try drive from Berlin to Bilbao, if I can afford to rent a car for the week! Brisk, train is definitely cheapest way to get to Belfast!

ok thanks!! will look into it...ohh is this more than a 1 seater car? :P
    Jenny what date this will happen?this travel?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Paka wrote:
    Is there already a "10c-flight" from Belfast to London on 24th June?
    all the flights that day are 10c flights :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ilockyer wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

This is the way to go with Travelodge. You'll only get the deals by waiting a little... my housemate and I paid £19 for a room at the Travelodge in Kings Cross in 2007 for the Wembley show. That said, the cheapest I got for Hyde Park last year, for Bruce, was £48 but that included things like early check-in which costs more. Bear that in mind if you're arriving in London on the day of the show, they charge extra for you to check in before 2pm.

Anyone got any recommendations on hotels for Berlin? Work are being unhelpful and not releasing the summer leave diary 'til mid February so want to at least get some forward planning done. Looking for somewhere affordable where you don't have to pay up front so I can cancel if needs be.

At least Arras is looking a lot cheaper, was going to treat myself to a nice hotel as I'll have just been paid, but for 8 euros I can camp... job's a good 'un. Gdynia looks like an impossibly long and tiring journey with there being a show the night before. Wonder who'll be playing on 2 July at Arras? Hopefully someone good and could make that a 2 day trip.
    berlin 10c hotel is not open for that days...infos will come when its open for jam this hotel :mrgreen:
    Brisk. wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to try drive from Berlin to Bilbao, if I can afford to rent a car for the week! Brisk, train is definitely cheapest way to get to Belfast!

ok thanks!! will look into it...ohh is this more than a 1 seater car? :P

From about 1st - 8th July :lol: And yes, there will be more than one seat in the car!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Jennytree wrote:

From about 1st - 8th July :lol: And yes, there will be more than one seat in the car![/quote]

well if you need help with petrol and all that maybe we could work something out!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    From about 1st - 8th July :lol: And yes, there will be more than one seat in the car!
    :lol::lol: after 4th and belgium festival im in to put gas and for read the maps to u.. :mrgreen:
    Nah, I'll be driving and map-reading. I LOVE maps :oops:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:

thought everyone would be satnavving these days!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    great..ill do the praying for no Given to Fly
  • a friend of mine have a 10c spare berlin + 1 Belfast general sale standing ticket ..
    anyone want any of them,let me know
    Jennytree wrote:

switzerland and southern france are beautiful but why not doing the route berlin-arras-bilbao-lisbon-avignon-geneva and there we split off and get back home...what do you guys think? ;)
  • Paka wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

switzerland and southern france are beautiful but why not doing the route berlin-arras-bilbao-lisbon-avignon-geneva and there we split off and get back home...what do you guys think? ;)
    +Jenny u can drop me where ever in greece u like,,ill walk.. :lol:
    Paka wrote:

Haha, no problem guys!

D, you better make me a cup of tea before I have to drive home!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Paka wrote:

Haha, no problem guys!

D, you better make me a cup of tea before I have to drive home!
    ouzo baby..will drive u right away.. ;)

or six espresso
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    a friend of mine have a 10c spare berlin + 1 Belfast general sale standing ticket ..
    anyone want any of them,let me know

still tryin to score for dublin ok for everywhere else so far ,if anyone comes up with any spare let me know
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Brisk. wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

thought everyone would be satnavving these days!

See, there's half the fun gone straightaway, a satnav takes you exactly where you want to go, you lose the fun of getting lost and discovering some really cool places on your longer than necessary journey!
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    See, there's half the fun gone straightaway, a satnav takes you exactly where you want to go, you lose the fun of getting lost and discovering some really cool places on your longer than necessary journey!

Definitely! I want to get lost in Germany!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Getting lost isn't cool.. i remember trying to drive back from the mansfield show last year to the boston centre and we must have listened to binaural over 3 times (not a bad thing necessarily :P) but we thought we would never get back to our hostel!
    Brisk. wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

Getting lost isn't cool.. i remember trying to drive back from the mansfield show last year to the boston centre and we must have listened to binaural over 3 times (not a bad thing necessarily :P) but we thought we would never get back to our hostel!

It would've been ok if you had a more extensive music collection :lol:
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

getting lost is great!! often it's the point in travelling! ;)
    I remember when me and my brazilian friend went to the southside festival 2007 in germany by car and didn't wanna wait in the endless traffic jam so the brazilian guy decided to just get off the road on to agricultural land. the only orientation we had was google earth but unfortunately the satellite pictures were pretty old so the pond and little forest we eventually met wasn't there on google earth.. we had to drive through very deep grass and cornfields until we finally got back to a road which was - believe it or not - the one heading right into the backstage area of the festival. there were some officials that headed us off and led us to the parking area - straight through the backstage zone. even though we didn't see pearl jam that night it was fucking fantastic!! :D
  • Brisk. wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:
    ilockyer wrote:

come on Ed,its Germany,,we cant be lost..we will find a wrfgtyudfgthkmiothgffgtrsdebPLATZ and take a train.. :lol: