euro tour 2010!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Lone Wolf wrote:

You mean as cheap as your hairdresser? ;):lol: Sorry - couldn´t resist!

:lol:

Oi you two!!!
    Berlin is going to be a nightmare with the pair of you teasing me :lol:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Brisk. wrote:
    best way of getting from dublin to belfast?

or should i say 'cheapest' way of getting there... thats if flying is a lot more expensive than a train?
    u find any hostel man?

yeah man 10 euro for a mixed 8 bedroom dorm. IN theory you can book rooms as well so if 4 people shared a room then it would be just pennies lol.
  • Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    dottles wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:

You mean as cheap as your hairdresser? ;):lol: Sorry - couldn´t resist!

:lol:

Oi you two!!!
    Berlin is going to be a nightmare with the pair of you teasing me :lol:

:mrgreen: Time for me to go to sleep I believe ;):mrgreen:
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Brisk. wrote:

or should i say 'cheapest' way of getting there... thats if flying is a lot more expensive than a train?
    http://www.hosteldublin.com/findabed.ph ... RCHIyGcgOZ
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Brisk. wrote:

http://www.hosteldublin.com/findabed.ph ... RCHIyGcgOZ

nah i found better ones.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=22.0 ... 8&t=h&z=15
  • Brisk. wrote:
    dublin looks beautiful from the sky.. :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Brisk. wrote:

It's a great place, you never been before D?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • dottles wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:

It's a great place, you never been before D?
    nop
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Anyone goin' or thinking of goin' to Arras?

Thinking of maybe heading there after Berlin - Money permitting of course :D

going to arras looks like a cool venue

thinking on driving all the way from sunny scotland
    doesn,t seem that far from calais to arras then on to werchter

as i'm goin with wife and kids might be cheaper than plains and trains

going to try for bilboa and lisbon after that , fancy driving down through france to spain via th millau viaduct

www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/MillauViaduct.jpg

then on to lisbon

only problem is 4000 miles there an back , think i might be mad
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Pke wrote:

going to try for bilboa and lisbon after that , fancy driving down through france to spain via th millau viaduct

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/ ... iaduct.jpg

then on to lisbon

thats as hardcore as it gets!
  • PkePke Posts: 846
    Brisk. wrote:
    Pke wrote:

then on to lisbon

thats as hardcore as it gets!
    :thumbup:
    Glasgow 00
    Leeds 06
    London 07
    London Berlin London 09
    Dublin Belfast London Berlin Arras Werchter Bilbao 10
    East Troy East Troy Montreal Toronto Toronto 11
    Manchester Manchester Berlin Berlin Stockholm EV Manchester 12
    San Diego LA Oakland Portland Vancouver Seattle 13
    Berlin Leeds Tulsa Lincoln 14
    Pete Townshend & EV Chicago Global Citizen New York 15
    Philadelphia Philadelphia New York New York 16
    EV Tarmonia Tarmonia 17
    London,London,Prague,Krakow,Berlin 18
    Anyone up for getting a private 3 bed hostel for dublin?

Its 28 euros for the room so that works out at 9 euros for the night!
  • Pke wrote:

then on to lisbon

that would be a great road trip :thumbup:
    28/10/96--29/10/96--29/5/00--30/5/00--3/6/00--4/6/00--6/6/00--25/8/06--27/8/06--13/6/07--18/6/07--11/8/09--13/8/09--15/8/09--17/8/09--18/8/09
  • MillauViaduct.jpg

:shock: wow!!!
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I'm going to try drive from Berlin to Bilbao, if I can afford to rent a car for the week! Brisk, train is definitely cheapest way to get to Belfast!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    I'm going to try drive from Berlin to Bilbao, if I can afford to rent a car for the week! Brisk, train is definitely cheapest way to get to Belfast!
    Jenny,why u dont drive to this place in poland after berlin??couse we dont have any idea how we go!!!!
    it's a bit of a detour for me ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    are you going to go via werchter jen? :lol:

no bilbao for me, i will go Werchter to Lisbon
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • are you going to go via werchter jen? :lol:

dont wait to see where 6th show is? :D
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    dottles wrote:

Yeah, although between the two shows there are a few days so I was thinking I could spend some extra time in either place. I was also thinking of catching a train bewtween the two, thought I may see some countryside but I think it is the TGV in which case it may well be over night and if during the day the view would be a blur...

I checked the connections and it looks like the fastest way to get there (in 9:12h) is a 3-transfer-route through Cologne, Bruxelles and Lilles. You'd be looking at a price of ca. 200 Euros.
    Since I'll very probably get an Interrail ticket for almost the same price, I think that's how I'll get to Arras.
    You all know what Interrail is?

Nah I've no interest in Werchter or Arras. I wanna take the scenic route through Germany, into Switzerland and through the south of France into Bilbao 8-)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • PakaPaka Posts: 471
    Jennytree wrote:

Nah I've no interest in Werchter or Arras. I wanna take the scenic route through Germany, into Switzerland and through the south of France into Bilbao 8-)

alright, now i gotta reconsider my plans...;)
    I had looked at the interail pass, I guess I will see.
    I thought that it would be nice to see some of that part Europe as I've not really been that way before (nearest is probably skiing in Austria and a fab visit to Prague). However, it is so much cheaper to fly! I guess I will need to weigh up the pros/cons of it all. Especially if I throw another show into the mix...
    Jennytree wrote:

That sounds fab :)
  • Jennytree wrote:

nice ride.. :D
  • ChrisileinChrisilein Posts: 3,889
    Hi! I need your help! We booked the flight to London on the 24th and we want to stay there until the 28th or 29th and then fly to Berlin! The hotel prices in London are really horrible. Does anybody know a cheap place to stay in London without living under the bridge? :)
    I know its enough time until June but i would like to fix the PJ journey details as soon as possible!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
    edited December 2009
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Hi! I need your help! We booked the flight to London on the 24th and we want to stay there until the 28th or 29th and then fly to Berlin! The hotel prices in London are really horrible. Does anybody know a cheap place to stay in London without living under the bridge? :)
    I know its enough time until June but i would like to fix the PJ journey details as soon as possible!

Hotel de Hinn.. thats where i plan on staying! Okay maybe just for the night not 5 nights or so.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Chrisilein wrote:

There are a chain of hotels that are basic but are fine and should be cheap http://www.travelodge.co.uk or http://www.premierinn.co.uk

It maybe too far in advance at the moment to get the really cheap prices though :oops:

You could also look into renting an apartment as that sometimes work out cheaper.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Jennytree wrote:

ok thanks!! will look into it...ohh is this more than a 1 seater car? :P
    chime wrote:
    Chrisilein wrote:

There are a chain of hotels that are basic but are fine and should be cheap http://www.travelodge.co.uk or http://www.premierinn.co.uk

It maybe too far in advance at the moment to get the really cheap prices though :oops:

You could also look into renting an apartment as that sometimes work out cheaper.

Even the travelodge type places charge around £100 a night in London.
    There are some good hostels or base hotels, easyjet run one and sometimes include airport transfers or look on the yha site :)

http://www.yha.org.uk/
    http://www.easyhotel.com/