Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    Started watching lost a few weeks ago. Never watched it when it was airing. We are almost through season two. We love this show! Can't get enough. I love the fact that we can just crank through episodes one after another. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to wait weeks, sometimes months for the next episode after some of these endings. Great show!!!

Stop watching now, you'll just be disappointed. You're welcome. I wish someone would have talked to me when I was in the middle of season two.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Is it just me or did they rip that church ending off of Titanic?
    :think: :?
    I don't remember anything remotely like that in Titanic. But I may have blocked it from my memory.
    When Rose died at the end and went back to the Titanic and met up with everyone else. It's kind of like how Jack dies and meets up with all his Island buddies at the Church.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    rrivers wrote:
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    Started watching lost a few weeks ago. Never watched it when it was airing. We are almost through season two. We love this show! Can't get enough. I love the fact that we can just crank through episodes one after another. I can't imagine how tough it must have been to wait weeks, sometimes months for the next episode after some of these endings. Great show!!!

Stop watching now, you'll just be disappointed. You're welcome. I wish someone would have talked to me when I was in the middle of season two.
    Don't listen to this person.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Newch91 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    Riot_Mac wrote:

Don't listen to this person.
    +1..this is the best tv series ever,,the numbers agre with me..number 1 ever..u really dont wanna mikss that..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

+1..this is the best tv series ever,,the numbers agre with me..number 1 ever..u really dont wanna mikss that..

-2...it's not even close to the best tv series ever...don't know what numbers you are talking about. Riot_Mac should skip it. You won't be missing anything. tvismyfriend just told you what happens. They walk into the light. Save yourself.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    -2...it's not even close to the best tv series ever...don't know what numbers you are talking about. Riot_Mac should skip it. You won't be missing anything. tvismyfriend just told you what happens. They walk into the light. Save yourself.
    judging something u dont know,u didnt see the whole ,is already cancel your opinion..good night.. ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Is it just me or did they rip that church ending off of Titanic?
    :think: :?
    I don't remember anything remotely like that in Titanic. But I may have blocked it from my memory.
    When Rose died at the end and went back to the Titanic and met up with everyone else. It's kind of like how Jack dies and meets up with all his Island buddies at the Church.
    I guess I'd forgotten about that. I just remember her throwing the necklace into the ocean and thinking "Are you nuts?" :wtf: :crazy:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    judging something u dont know,u didnt see the whole ,is already cancel your opinion..good night.. ;)
    i saw the whole thing and it sucked

and thats coming from someone who was raised by TV

not only is it not the "best" show ever... its not even the best show in the last 10 years... last 5 years even :?

a show about characters that does nothing to develop its characters... you call that a success?

watch "mad men" if you wanna see how a character-centered drama is done
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    rrivers wrote:
    OK, we all know by now that you hate the show. :yawn:
    What I don't get is why you kept watching it after you'd decided you didn't like it. You kept checking in every week to post about how lame it was. It's one thing to be Debbie Downer in a thread that's mostly dedicated to enjoyment of the show. But why keep tuning in every week if it was such a waste of time? :eh:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

not only is it not the "best" show ever... its not even the best show in the last 10 years... last 5 years even :?

a show about characters that does nothing to develop its characters... you call that a success?

its all over around u.....lost....number 1..ever...global...millions watch it..stories,forums..its everywhere..is a myth!!!like it or not its there..in the history..the tv series with the most viewers ever..is the beatles of the tv!!!enough said..
  • Options
    Riot_Mac wrote:

As an avid fan, you're really going to enjoy it. Just remember that during the first half of season 3, the writers were writing with no end date. They had no idea if they were writing for another season or another 10. By mid season 3, they had negotiated an end date with ABC and the story really picks up steam again. This is one of those shows that they needed a time-line for, and once they were given one were able to write with the end game in sight.

Now, whether you'll agree on the ending being great or disappointing is another thing, but man it's a fun ride getting there.

Also, some of those cliffhangers KILLED me having to wait to find out what happened next, especially between seasons. Be grateful you don't have to endure that. Like PJ said, "the waiting drove me mad".
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Options
    I'm not going to listen to rivers.

We are going to watch the whole series. I think the show is awesome so far.

Thanks for the info on season three!
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,945
    Riot_Mac wrote:
    I'm not going to listen to rivers.

We are going to watch the whole series. I think the show is awesome so far.

Thanks for the info on season three!

Lost is a solid TV show, if you are able to accept the islands mysteries for what they are, mysteries, then you'll love the ride.

I spent too long analysing it which by the end i realised was stupid.....its good fun, and maybe doesnt all make sense in real live conventional living, but its sci fi to a degree, so take it for what it is and its brilliant. I thought overall it was great.....those whinging about charactor development are taking it too far, its an entertaining tv show...end of.

Is it as good as 24? No
    is it as good as Sopranos ? No

but is it good still....yes.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Kilgore hits the nail on the head.

The comment "a show about characters that does nothing to develop its characters" is completely dead on.

Whoprincess, the show was really good at the beginning and had spurts of being good again. I loved the last episode of the second to last season (Locke dead and being carried around.) I loved the episode of the last season where Locke and Sawyer were in the cave and the episode with Hurley and Jack in the lighthouse.

The reason I kept watching? I put so much time into it that I wanted to see how it panned out. Plus it was the only show I was watching so it wasn't much of a time commitment. I am the only one making this thread interesting. Otherwise it would only be, "I love the show! It's the best show ever!"

My biggest problem with it is they sold it as a show about mysteries from the beginning then do a half ass job (at best) of explaining things and hide behind the excuse that it was a "show about the characters".
  • Options
    and it sucked

its all over around u.....lost....number 1..ever...global...millions watch it..stories,forums..its everywhere..is a myth!!!like it or not its there..in the history..the tv series with the most viewers ever..is the beatles of the tv!!!enough said..

dimitri, nothing you wrote in your post is correct. Not one thing.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

dimitri, nothing you wrote in your post is correct. Not one thing.
    i believe the opposite :lol::lol: no pro u stay with your opinion,ill stay with mine..all great!!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,559
    LOST Was a Great Show
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,526
    igotid88 wrote:
    LOST Was a Great Show
    key word

WAS
    the lack of real answers reminded me of the empire strikes back or the baseball strike when the world series was canceled-very disappointing

why are we still talking about it?

move on to sons of anarchy please
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    LOST Was a Great Show
    key word

WAS
    the lack of real answers reminded me of the empire strikes back or the baseball strike when the world series was canceled-very disappointing

why are we still talking about it?

move on to sons of anarchy please

i say "was" because it's not around anymore.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    i think it would've worked better as a miniseries because people were too impatient.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,284
    cheap plug, but if anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for any fans of Lost. One of my friends has co-written a Lost Encyclopedia. She has also done the 24 books and two "art" books for Terminator Salvation and 300.

51eePB4cJTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Encyclopedia ... 0756665949
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    cheap plug, but if anyone is looking for a Christmas gift for any fans of Lost. One of my friends has co-written a Lost Encyclopedia. She has also done the 24 books and two "art" books for Terminator Salvation and 300.

51eePB4cJTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Encyclopedia ... 0756665949
    I was thinking of getting that book. I bought "The Ultimate LOST and Philosophy". Hoping to read that some day when I read other books I have lined up to read.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    I was watching tv last week and thought the girl on the phone sex commercial looked familiar. Turns out it was Evangeline Lilly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ6hIEqKR7A
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I was watching tv last week and thought the girl on the phone sex commercial looked familiar. Turns out it was Evangeline Lilly.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Really? That's where here career went? Phone sex commercials???
  • Options

Great, now i'm going to come home drunk some night and call them asking for Kate in her black dress.
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    i think it would've worked better as a miniseries because people were too impatient.
    I find myself wanting to watch over and over again, but it's too long.

It would have been better as a miniseries. Actually it would be nice if they released a slimmed down version of the show. Cut out a lot of the crap, especially stuff that never came together. I'd actually pay money again for that.
  • Options

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was before LOST.
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That was before LOST.
    I'd hope so. I couldn't tell. I thought she looked younger than that during the first season.
  • Options

that was before Lost. I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned before.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BronyBrony Posts: 628
    got the Lost encyclopedia for my brother in law who got me into the show season 5. it was on amazon during cyber monday for 19 bucks....seemed like a good deal, i think the normal price was around 30