Options

LOST- 6th and Final Season (NO SPOILERS)

Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    spat wrote:
    Vincent explained! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI4mWmvZ1xg&NR=1

get the tissues ready, you'll be crying (from laughter)
    Saw that last night. LMAO!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    :(
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i just read an explanation of the show in greek news paper
    i translate it via google translate,i hope work well,but i think he get into the point alot

"Explaining

I hear many people say they have questions: I explained almost everything. The island is the Source of Light and Light to all religions (and of science, remember the "big bang") is the beginning of the world. Light is divine intervention and to accept its existence have faith: «A leap of faith», as Locke said. The source needs to maintain and this role is played by the mother (also constant presence of religion), which grows two children, Jacob and the man in black. The second would be a successor, but there are people of faith: he wants to find an explanation to the secrets of the island and wants to live across the island. Punished like some ancient tragedies happening in the lack of faith and change to a prisoner who wishes evil to escape. Jacob is the island's guardian and jailer, but he wants to die "because we all die." Finding his successor brings people to the island and intervene in their lives watching. For fear that if a child is born on the island will develop the same mood insult against the Divine Light, as his brother, with the help of an Egyptian goddess prevent fertility: the island should come only those who have knowledge of the world not to get tempted to leave because of ignorance. Believers in Jacob knows a lot, but not all.

DHARMA

Years later the island was discovered by American troops. It's an energy field outside the maps is a mysterious character, similar to the Bermuda Triangle example When the UN finally organizing DHARMA, weather the crisis in Cuba, to find a nuclear shelter under the theorem Vanzeti (numbers), scientists discover and investigate the energy. The island, however, shines and two who crave to conquer: the Ben and Gouintmor enchanted by two of the possibilities to cure (Temple) and immortality (Richard). Ben will xepastrepsei the DHARMA (which controls the energy slowly to the central station using a code number of Vanzeti). The Gouintmor wants to take the cake. Ben (driven by Jason, that Richard, the Bad and playing the game without time pressure) sees that the island can become the Paradise, but there is one detail: women do not create! We know that this is due to Jacob, and experimenting in children and pregnant women, bringing and Juliet. And then reaching our own heroes.

Heroes

All this you have described is the shell: our heroes are those of the flight of Oceanic. Evil tells Jacob that history always repeats: "Some people come, corrupted, quarrel among themselves, they die. But our heroes are not identical to previous, perhaps because they are 'losers', ie only in life but at the same time and bound by coincidences of fate that creates links between them before the fall of the airplane. Some people find purpose, love others, others leave and coming back, all redeemed.

Jack saves the island and return it to Cherlei who knows how to help people and the dead who haunt it. Some die, some will flee: but all bound by the common adventure will meet again. Nobody can or wants to get away from each other: indeed in the fourth round when some leave, again being "losers", that is not redeemed, they want to go. Those who do not myountai left the island in the history of the trips in the past. Not intervene in time, but always live in their own time.

Binding

The relationship of the heroes of the island creates a psychic bond transferred and in what we call 'other life'. After their death they live in a universe where the souls are created based on the life on the island in contact with the Divine. Everyone carries the nirvana of a singular rule that the happiness sleeps: Jack has a son who did not, the Koreans are in love, the family finds Claire, Sawyer is the man of law, etc. Until the Desmond ('re a priest? "By asking, 'this', answers) that is aware of" another life ", when nearly died after blowing up the hatch in the third round, starting to remember. And then the congregation of Lost is back and makes the step into the light.

Light

From light to light. An eye opening to see the light and another that closes to see the light. There are no questions. Only Light.

Jealous

D that is fair to say that I liked the end that moved me, etc. It would be true: the truth is that jealous! Jealous very idea of script and excellent handling of the rules of science fiction and metaphysics. What we have seen these six years was a masterpiece script, a pop Saga, which are highly spirited people have put thousands of our items with an enclosure fiction and was easy to slide down the Rentikolo, handled the rise so dramatically that even Emotion!

The secret was of course anthropokentrikotita, namely maestriki presentation and analysis of the many characters flash back to the top: in a series made erected on the metaphysical, that was dominated by people and adventures, several of which were exciting results coincidences or wrong choices. Both types are handled correctly scenario that sowed dozens of other stories that could develop if and when they wanted.

In the finale an attempt to present the ultimate mystery, which is what happens after death. The theological platform on which the screenwriters were based is a unique find-a-kind offer to those who watched the series six years: we have shown an afterlife so beautifully structured, to the envy and the founders of religions. I think that Saul and Muhammad eg they will be squeezed by hand!

Not talking about a series made, but the foundation of a new religion. When finished I would say: "Jack, Sawyer, Locke, Charlie, Cherli etc., will be returning. It belongs to our own mental universe.

New Season

In the meantime we lost the «Flash Forward», an interesting mystery series that begins with people all over the world to fall unconscious for two minutes to wake up after having seen something of the future. The ABC announced that it will continue for a second season and that it will have a conventional end. The fate is similar to that of «Jerico», another mystery series that stopped some agarmpa. The new season bet a lot on «The End», something I like about trailers. Find ...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    what your favorite moments of Lost..
    mine are exept the historical "let go"
    when charlie says "guys,where are we?
    jack ..kate we have to go back!!
    not penny boat..

there are so many...im so sad it ends..nothing will come up again like LOST.. :(
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    not penny boat..

there are so many...im so sad it ends..nothing will come up again like LOST.. :(

When it faded out at the end. My favorite thing about the finale was that I didn't have to sit through it the past two Tuesday nights!

I hope you are right about nothing coming up again like LOST!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    aneutronbombaneutronbomb Posts: 787
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLT!!!!
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • Options
    Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    not penny boat..

when smokey killed that whiney little hypocritical bitch matt parkman in the 1st episode! :mrgreen:

i was thinking about ben waiting outside the church, since alex is already dead shouldn't he be trying to wake her up or reunite her with carl instead of just waiting?
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    i was thinking about ben waiting outside the church, since alex is already dead shouldn't he be trying to wake her up or reunite her with carl instead of just waiting?
    Maybe she's "not ready" yet.
    Or maybe he felt like he still needed to make up for all the bad things he'd done to other people. I gave him some points for apologizing to Locke and encouraging Locke to get out of the wheelchair. :thumbup:

On another note, for those of us who loved Lost so much that we had a great time making fun of it too, my favorite snarky blogger at the Ack Attack has posted her recap(s) of the finale:

http://www.theackattack.net/?p=2007
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Maybe she's "not ready" yet.
    Or maybe he felt like he still needed to make up for all the bad things he'd done to other people. I gave him some points for apologizing to Locke and encouraging Locke to get out of the wheelchair. :thumbup:

On another note, for those of us who loved Lost so much that we had a great time making fun of it too, my favorite snarky blogger at the Ack Attack has posted her recap(s) of the finale:

http://www.theackattack.net/?p=2007
    thanks for sharing
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    So I'm re-watching the whole series in blu-ray, and I must say.. as good as the first few seasons were.. they aren't as good as I remember, and I think we set the expectations far too high for the last few seasons.. Really, season 6 is just as good as any in my opinion.. sucks they didn't explain everything, but looking at the big picture, these mysteries left unexplained didn't have much to do with the big picture anyways, and they only just added interest to the series.. they kept the mind thinking and wondering after the fact.
  • Options
    So I'm re-watching the whole series in blu-ray, and I must say.. as good as the first few seasons were.. they aren't as good as I remember, and I think we set the expectations far too high for the last few seasons.. Really, season 6 is just as good as any in my opinion.. sucks they didn't explain everything, but looking at the big picture, these mysteries left unexplained didn't have much to do with the big picture anyways, and they only just added interest to the series.. they kept the mind thinking and wondering after the fact.

Yeah the series was average overall at best. It had some moments but as a whole pretty lame. Not close to being one of the best shows ever.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    rrivers wrote:

Yeah the series was average overall at best. It had some moments but as a whole pretty lame. Not close to being one of the best shows ever.
    I think the big draw of the show was the personal struggles the characters went through. We saw ourselves in them and they also reminded us of people we knew. It kind of felt like watching family. I think that was the big draw of the show. We could relate to what's going through their minds..

As far as Sci-Fi shows go, I thought the recent version of Battlestar Galactica was the best ever. Period.. It dealt with the idea of fate and destiny on a much grander scale and the story was more direct.
    Post edited by LikeAnOcean on
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

I think the big draw of the show was the personal struggles the characters went through. We saw ourselves in them and they also reminded us of people we knew. It kind of felt like watching family. I think that was the big draw of the show. We could relate to what's going through there minds..

[/quote]

The big draw of the show was the mystery: what was the island? why were these people brought there? Plain and simple. The characters were not well drawn and cliched.

Watch shows like "The Wire", "The Sopranos", and "Mad Men" and see well drawn characters on much better shows.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I think the big draw of the show was the personal struggles the characters went through. We saw ourselves in them and they also reminded us of people we knew. It kind of felt like watching family. I think that was the big draw of the show. We could relate to what's going through there minds..

The big draw of the show was the mystery: what was the island? why were these people brought there? Plain and simple. The characters were not well drawn and cliched.

Watch shows like "The Wire", "The Sopranos", and "Mad Men" and see well drawn characters on much better shows.[/quote]

Someone doesn't like LOST, I see.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Watch shows like "The Wire", "The Sopranos", and "Mad Men" and see well drawn characters on much better shows.

True the mystery kept most going, but its still relative. The Sopranos characters may have been more interesting, but they were harder to relate to. Part of the draw to Lost, at least for me, is I saw a little of myself in characters like Desmond, Hurley and such.. they were characters we could easily identify with, even if not as interesting.

Lets face it. Most of us lead pretty cliche lives. We're all trying to find ourselves and path in life, which is exactly what goes on with the Lost characters.

I'm sorry if I can't relate to gangsters, but I'm sure my life would be more interesting if I did. 8-) The attraction to those types of characters is pure fantasy to most. More of an escape.
  • Options

True the mystery kept most going, but its still relative. The Sopranos characters may have been more interesting, but they were harder to relate to. Part of the draw to Lost, at least for me, is I saw a little of myself in characters like Desmond, Hurley and such.. they were characters we could easily identify with, even if not as interesting.

Lets face it. Most of us lead pretty cliche lives. We're all trying to find ourselves and path in life, which is exactly what goes on with the Lost characters.

I'm sorry if I can't relate to gangsters, but I'm sure my life would be more interesting if I did. 8-) The attraction to those types of characters is pure fantasy to most. More of an escape.[/quote]

That's true, so many people can relate to a drug addicted rock star and a fugitive stuck on an island.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    That's true, so many people can relate to a drug addicted rock star and a fugitive stuck on an island.

Or a torturer or a con man, but point is, on the island they weren't these people, but rather trying to find themselves in a new life and dealing with the personal struggles that made their past lives messed up.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Or a torturer or a con man, but point is, on the island they weren't these people, but rather trying to find themselves in a new life and dealing with the personal struggles that made their past lives messed up.

By dealing with polar bears, the Others, and a nuclear weapon...I can relate to that too.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

By dealing with polar bears, the Others, and a nuclear weapon...I can relate to that too.
    You're missing my point! Obviously the show is sci-fi.. I'm just talking about the characters filling the voids of their lives.. The character struggles. Ignore the time travel, polar bears and stupid island.. Nevermind. You hate the show, I get that. You're not even trying to see the point I'm making.

By the end of the show, I could give a crap about the stupid island and what the stupid glow was. I was just happy to see everyone finally figure out where they were going in life.

I stopped caring about what the island was when they started getting all religious, anyways.
  • Options
    Lost was overrated, yes. But still an entertaining show. If it wasn't so overrated, it would never have gotten the budget to do what it did. Sci-Fi shows don't do well on major networks.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    You're missing my point! Obviously the show is sci-fi.. I'm just talking about the characters filling the voids of their lives.. The character struggles. Ignore the time travel, polar bears and stupid island.. Nevermind. You hate the show, I get that. You're not even trying to see the point I'm making.

By the end of the show, I could give a crap about the stupid island and what the stupid glow was. I was just happy to see everyone finally figure out where they were going in life.

I stopped caring about what the island was when they started getting all religious, anyways.

It's hard to take you seriously when you want me to ignore the main elements of the show. No matter how much Lindelof and Cuse try to sell it, the show was not about the characters. If it was they should have made the characters more compelling and not so cliched and so flat. The thing is I didn't care about the cliched characters and the horrible dialogue early on because I took it to be in the spirit of a 50s B movie and was just going to enjoy the ride of seeing what the mystery was. The problem is, for whatever reason (writers ran out of ideas, etc.), they decided the mysteries were not important (though its why people were watching, no matter what you say) and then acted like we were wrong for wanting to know what was going on.

If I take out all the elements of the show you want me to, there is no show and you wouldn't have been watching.
  • Options
    Lost was overrated, yes. But still an entertaining show. If it wasn't so overrated, it would never have gotten the budget to do what it did. Sci-Fi shows don't do well on major networks.

I don't even know what you mean here. Early on it was entertaining. Then it just became a mess.
  • Options
  • Options
    IwasBit10IwasBit10 Posts: 646
    rrivers wrote:

I would agree, that compared to other shows, the characters were a little bland. But keep in mind that LOST aired on ABC primetime, not HBO or AMC. They had to hold the attention of a national audience. The writers faced a lot more limitations than the writers of the shows you mentioned (all of which I love as well), and had to make some things cliched. I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • Options
    IwasBit10 wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

I would agree, that compared to other shows, the characters were a little bland. But keep in mind that LOST aired on ABC primetime, not HBO or AMC. They had to hold the attention of a national audience. The writers faced a lot more limitations than the writers of the shows you mentioned (all of which I love as well), and had to make some things cliched. I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

There have been shows on networks that did not have bland characters, "The West WIng" is one that comes to mind. "Lost" can't have it both ways where they want to be viewed as breaking the mold of network shows and then also fall back on the crutch of, "well, what do you want? We're on a network." Plus the network let them take the show into sci fi elements, ie time travel, etc. that would not normally appeal to a wide audience, so it's not like ABC was holding them back from creating interesting characters.
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,567
    i want the Lost complete series set. it looks cool.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    its out for sale?
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    its out for sale?
    Not yet. I know Season 6 comes out August 24th, so maybe the whole series comes out the same day.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    the entire series on blu-ray. Late August
  • Options
    Matthew Fox on Jimmy Kimmel Live July 29.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/167789/jimmy- ... ul-29-2010