Radiohead

Comments

• Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Thanks for posting all the ‘16/‘17 bootleg links Rummy!  
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    I would be ecstatic if I could get my hands on quality recordings from either Boston show from this last summer. 
    I feel the same about those two Toronto shows. They were OUTSTANDING.
  • rummy said:
    I would be ecstatic if I could get my hands on quality recordings from either Boston show from this last summer. 
    The two Boston shows shook me. They were so freakin’ good, easily the highlight of my concert year. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,378
    Fixer13 said:

2006 Bonnaroo was the best show they ever played. and that's according to Thom himself.

I am so lucky to have been at that show. and the bootleg is AMAZING!! almost studio quality.

That must have been awesome to see them back then.  Agreed, the Bonnaroo boot sounds incredible!    It’s fun checking other shows out...Utrecht 97 sounds great, too

@23skidoo- I’ve only found flac files so far through that particular bootleg website 
    Thank you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    rummy said:
    The two Boston shows shook me. They were so freakin’ good, easily the highlight of my concert year. 
    I'm not too sure which (Toronto - or Boston) night was better but put them together and you get what I would consider the best concert(s) I've ever witnessed. Such diverse setlists between the two nights but everything I "needed" to hear was played. I left N2 extremely satisfied. 

(FTR: Pearl Jam, 2011-09-11 is the best SINGLE concert I've ever witnessed).
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,244
    One day, one day I'll see a Radiohead concert. Definitely on my bucketlist.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Ms. Haiku said:
    One day, one day I'll see a Radiohead concert. Definitely on my bucketlist.
    I have seen them four times....all in 2018

Great shows.  Like PJ in that it's different every night.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Radiohead is in... I’m hoping they stick to their guns. 

https://twitter.com/nprmusic/status/1073203547574026240?s=21
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,823
    Radiohead is in... I’m hoping they stick to their guns. 

Well deserved.

Echoed on the Boston shows being amazing....I found them quite boring on the TKOL tour - they were very generous this time around, and Thom sounded spectacular. The Tourist, Talk Show Host, gahhhhh
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
    Last year's wrong has be "righted." 
    I'm hoping they attend...play a couple of tunes, anyway. No need for a lengthy acceptance speech.

Well deserved.

Echoed on the Boston shows being amazing....I found them quite boring on the TKOL tour - they were very generous this time around, and Thom sounded spectacular. The Tourist, Talk Show Host, gahhhhh
    If there was ever any doubt (and there shouldn't have been), this past summer's tour most definitely sealed the deal.

(God, I wish they'd release bootlegs of those summer shows - a la Pearl Jam)
  • Radiohead is in... I’m hoping they stick to their guns. 

Well deserved.

They were nothing short of a religious experience for me. 5 months later & I’m still floored by what I witnessed those two nights. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174

Well deserved.

They were nothing short of a religious experience for me. 5 months later & I’m still floored by what I witnessed those two nights. 

the TKOL tour was the only tour I haven't seen them on since the Bends days...... I just could not get into that album.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    lolobugg said:

Well deserved.

the TKOL tour was the only tour I haven't seen them on since the Bends days...... I just could not get into that album.
    I've tried and tried and tried and tried to get into TKOL, hoping that it'll grown on me like all of their other albums did. It has yet to happen almost eight years later!
    I think if they included The Daily Mail over Feral (and maybe Staircase, but not likely) it would've helped.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174
    rummy said:
    lolobugg said:

Well deserved.

I've tried and tried and tried and tried to get into TKOL, hoping that it'll grown on me like all of their other albums did. It has yet to happen almost eight years later!
    I think if they included The Daily Mail over Feral (and maybe Staircase, but not likely) it would've helped.

yeah. it's a very emotionless album to me. I prefer Thom's first solo record over TKOL.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Radiohead very hit or miss for me.
    Each song strikes me as either brilliant and indispensable, or completely unlistenable.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    I think the flaw with TKOL is that the recording itself is static for some reason. Once they started playing the tunes live, the songs bang. The From The Basement performance is a better version of that album. I think I play that version more. I think the album is great in general ( it would have been nice to include The Daily Mail/Supercollider/Staircase and The Butcher - But I don't know if those 12 tracks flow as a record), its not their best, but its not the worst and its certainly not an abomination of an album like many people feel.  Codex and Lotus Flower are top tier RH tracks.

edited December 2018
    I think the flaw with TKOL is that the recording itself is static for some reason. Once they started playing the tunes live, the songs bang. The From The Basement performance is a better version of that album. I think I play that version more. I think the album is great in general ( it would have been nice to include The Daily Mail/Supercollider/Staircase and The Butcher - But I don't know if those 12 tracks flow as a record), its not their best, but its not the worst and its certainly not an abomination of an album like many people feel.  Codex and Lotus Flower are top tier RH tracks.

-It's (TKOL) in the bottom two for me but yes, Codex and Lotus Flower are decent, as are Bloom and Give Up The Ghost.
    -I too prefer the From the Basement session to the actual album. 
    -I think all including all 12 songs from that era would have been too many. Most people agree that with Radiohead, less is more, which is why Hail To The Thief suffers even though it has quite a number of solid tracks.
    rgambs said:
    Radiohead very hit or miss for me.
    Each song strikes me as either brilliant and indispensable, or completely unlistenable.
    As big of a RH fan that I am, I too can admit most, if not all, of their albums have a clunker or two.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    The Bends and OK Computer put them in for me
  • I don’t think The Bends, OKC, Kid A or In Rainbows have any clunkers. They’re all solid front to back IMO. 

I think the 2nd half of TKOL is fantastic... like HTTT it has some gems, but I can’t listen to every track. 
    Yeah, HTTT is bloated. At the very least cut 3-4 tracks from it. Or they could have split it up into 2 albums and add some of the b-sides from the There There and Sail to the Moon singles. 

That sounds like a cool experiment actually.

rummy said:

-It's (TKOL) in the bottom two for me but yes, Codex and Lotus Flower are decent, as are Bloom and Give Up The Ghost.

Whats neat about RH is their worst records are most bands best. Yeah, I'd probably put TKOL low, but its really a bold album that I enjoy the hell out of. I probably play it more than Amnesiac or The Bends, which I rate very high.

Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    OKC
    The Bends
    HTTT
    Amnesiac
    AMSP
    Kid A
    In Rainbows
    Pablo Honey
    TKOL
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Exactly my order but with OKC a notch ahead of Kid A - if only for the sake of nostalgia.
    I don’t think The Bends, OKC, Kid A or In Rainbows have any clunkers. They’re all solid front to back IMO. 

I think the 2nd half of TKOL is fantastic... like HTTT it has some gems, but I can’t listen to every track. 
     I might have been too harsh using the term "clunkers." However...
    The Bends - I'm on Thom's side with H&D while Bones and Sulk haven't aged well.
    OKC - There's the debate if it would have been even better without FH and Electioneering.
    Kid A - Treefingers? Not fer me, mate.
    IR - No issues. OKC without FH and Electioneering would look even more like IR.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    I don’t think In Rainbows has aged well at all and it’s kinda samey. 

Electioneering kicks ass. It was about the last time they truly rocked out.
    DewieCox said:
    I don’t think In Rainbows has aged well at all and it’s kinda samey. 

Electioneering kicks ass. It was about the last time they truly rocked out.
    Can't agree with you re In Rainbows but to each his own, of course.

I do like Electioneering but it's a bit jarring in the context of the album... which might have been the point.