Radiohead

Comments

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Is OK Computer better or worse for the inclusion of "Fitter Happier" and "Electioneering?"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    Yeah, theres always been something just a bit off about Amnesiac for me and I can never place why. Maybe swapping out 2-3 tracks for some of the b-sides from the era may have been a better move. 

• rummy said:
    Is OK Computer better or worse for the inclusion of "Fitter Happier" and "Electioneering?"
    Electioneering? That’s a great track. Fitter Happier, it makes sense thematically but yeah if it wasn’t there it doesn’t effect the album
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    OkC
    The Bends
    Hail To The Thief
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    In Rainbows
    Kid A
    Pablo Honey
    King of Limbs

In Rainbows used to top the list, but don’t think it holds up well. No stinkers but it feels safe by Radiohead standards. 
    rummy said:

OKC is perfect as is. Flawless album. 

• rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    AMSP
    Kid A
    OK Computer
    In Rainbows
    HTTT
    Amnesiac
    The Bends
    King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

I can't believe how far down my list the bends is. I really like it. It's a great album, just not as good as everything else they have done. Maybe.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Hail To The Thief
    Ok Computer
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    Kid A
    King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

I love them all, but this is probably the most accurate list that I could come up with.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    rummy said:
    Late to the discussion here.  Haven't listened to the last two albums.  I had a period from about 2005-2010 where I was really, really into them, then just fell out.  I probably couldn't rank the albums in any particular order but I always seemed to gravitate way more towards The Bends, OK Computer, & In Rainbows than anything else.  I'm giving King of Limbs "live in the studio" a listen as I type.
    From The Basement TKOL is better than the actual studio album - plus you get The Daily Mail (in my opinion, better than any song on the actual album) and Staircase.
    The one I listened to, someone took the From The Basement session and cut it in order of the original album.  I didn't realize this until after I was done or I would've just listened to the FTB.  I thought it was a different performance altogether.  Guess it pays to read the description first, lol.
    rummy said:
    Late to the discussion here.  Haven't listened to the last two albums.  I had a period from about 2005-2010 where I was really, really into them, then just fell out.  I probably couldn't rank the albums in any particular order but I always seemed to gravitate way more towards The Bends, OK Computer, & In Rainbows than anything else.  I'm giving King of Limbs "live in the studio" a listen as I type.
    From The Basement TKOL is better than the actual studio album - plus you get The Daily Mail (in my opinion, better than any song on the actual album) and Staircase.
    The one I listened to, someone took the From The Basement session and cut it in order of the original album.  I didn't realize this until after I was done or I would've just listened to the FTB.  I thought it was a different performance altogether.  Guess it pays to read the description first, lol.
    This is what you want:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcLE1v4Msns

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mfc2006 said:
    Hail To The Thief
    Ok Computer
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    Kid A
    King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

I love them all, but this is probably the most accurate list that I could come up with.

That’s an interesting list, man. I’m curious as to when you came around on the band? Was HTTT your first album period with them? I’m always perplexed when I see Kid A so low. In fact, 3 of your bottom 4 are the more less guitar driven records. Does that factor into your list? I’m not belittling your list at all. Just curious. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Its only me who loves Amnesiac??
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 673
    Amnesiac is my favourite or top two, depending on the year.  I go back and forth with it and the Bends.  
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    This list is subject to changing in a week, tomorrow, or even by the end of writing this list.

AMSP
    HTTT
    Kid A
    OKC
    IR
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited June 2019
    23scidoo said:
    Its only me who loves Amnesiac??
    I love many songs on it but it has s few clunkers. Pulk/pull and MB (Amnesiac) come to mind.
    Post edited by rummy on
    edited April 2019
    mfc2006 said:
    Hail To The Thief
    Ok Computer
    In Rainbows
    The Bends
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    Kid A
    King of Limbs
    Pablo Honey

That’s an interesting list, man. I’m curious as to when you came around on the band? Was HTTT your first album period with them? I’m always perplexed when I see Kid A so low. In fact, 3 of your bottom 4 are the more less guitar driven records. Does that factor into your list? I’m not belittling your list at all. Just curious. 
    I think the guitar definitely has something to do with it. That being said, I love those bottom 3 albums quite a bit. Hail to the Thief is such a quirky album to my ears and it just grabbed me from the get go. I really got into them when I first heard The Bends, then listened to PH. For as long as I can recall, they have been my second favorite band behind PJ. This list tends to change quite a bit as well. The top 2 usually remain the top 2, though.
    Post edited by mfc2006 on
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    In rainbows is my fav.  I do not listen to a lot of radiohead, but if they play live within 100 miles I wont miss it.
  • For me it is:
    OK Computer
    In Rainbows
    Hail to the thief
    Kid A
    The Bends
    A moon shaped pool
    King of Limbs
    Amnesiac
    Pablo Honey

There's a trapdoor in the sun!
    2000 Pinkpop Festival, Netherlands
    2006 Arnhem, Netherlands
    2006 Antwerp, Belgium
    2007 Nijmegen, Netherlands
    2009 Philadelphia 4, PA
    2010 Bristow, VA
    2012 Amsterdam 1, Netherlands
    2013 Buffalo, NY
    2013 Baltimore, MD
    2015 Global Citizen Festival New York, NY
    2016 Hampton, VA
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    edited April 2019

Has anyone here purchased the OK NOT OK Vinyl?

I got one from Amazon, despite the mixed reviews, and sure enough, my copy sounded awful. Amazon’s return policy is easy enough, so no problem there.

This morning I pulled the trigger on a W.A.S.T.E. copy, I would like to think those will be a safer bet… has anyone here experienced what I did with the Amazon copy, and / or know if the copies from W.A.S.T.E. are also hit or miss? I would like to think the band website is a safer bet, but it's also the US store - I read the UK pressings are the only safe bet.

Has anyone here purchased the OK NOT OK Vinyl?

I got one from Amazon, despite the mixed reviews, and sure enough, my copy sounded awful. Amazon’s return policy is easy enough, so no problem there.

This morning I pulled the trigger on a W.A.S.T.E. copy, I would like to think those will be a safer bet… has anyone here experienced what I did with the Amazon copy, and / or know if the copies from W.A.S.T.E. are also hit or miss? I would like to think the band website is a safer bet, but it's also the US store - I read the UK pressings are the only safe bet.

I have the boxset that I ordered from WASTE and it sounds fantastic.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Unless you know it’s from a specific press run it’ll still be a gamble.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    My cd sounds better than the vinyl I got from Amazon, I couldn't believe how bad it was.
    Does anyone have mp3s of the cassette from the super deluxe version. I’d love to hear the early takes of songs like Nude. 
  • OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
    Olivavu said:
    90s Radiohead is my bag. Not nearly as keen on the albums since OK Computer.
    I’m not sure how anyone who liked the 90’s albums can’t like In Rainbows or A Moon Shaped Pool. 
    I didn’t say I didn’t like them. 
  • redrawredraw Posts: 1,271
    Does anyone have mp3s of the cassette from the super deluxe version. I’d love to hear the early takes of songs like Nude. 
    PM me your dropbox details  ;)
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
    Fuck the Cassette, 18 minidiscs of stuff that similar to the cassette leaked last night. Live, demos, WIP, band run throughs, and weird shit. Its overwhelming. 17 hours of stuff that went into OKC.

Also, the definitive version of Lift.

I’m having a bitch of a time finding this...
    I think they took it down pretty quickly. Definitely a "zero tolerance" policy on the reddit boards.
    Check at ease or 4chan
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Links are still floating around. Some get taken down, but others pop up. A search for OK Minidisc in Google got me to a link in just a minute or two.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08