Radiohead

Comments

• I forgot about Fitter Happier, I skip that every time. The rest of the album makes up for it though. Same with Treefingers, it doesn’t really take away from the album for me.

I love Electioneering. 

I also love In Rainbows, as much now as when I first heard it. Getting to hear most of that album live this summer helped. Body snatchers was a f’n freight train, easily one of the best moments of the two shows. 
  • rummy said:
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Exactly my order but with OKC a notch ahead of Kid A - if only for the sake of nostalgia.
    It would be my list too, but I’d have Kid A slightly higher than OKC. I might (MIGHT) flip Amnesiac and The Bends. I feel The Bends hasn’t aged well too. It feels very dated. It paved the way for OKC for certain, but it’s just a 90’s guitar driven album. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,823
    I agree that the Bends has aged sorta poorly. Not terribly, but it just sticks out now based on the music they've made for the past 15 years.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,344
    I agree that the Bends has aged sorta poorly. Not terribly, but it just sticks out now based on the music they've made for the past 15 years.
    I still think Planet Telex and Street Spirit are "timeless." As much as I love Just, Fake Plastic Trees, etc, they seem very entrenched in the 1990s.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,174

OKC

The Bends

In Rainbows

Kid A/Amnesiac

Hail to the Thief

Moon Shaped Pool

Pablo Honey

TKOL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• http://x-l-r.co/illwind

Looks like some random released new music! 

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I saw on twitter that there was some leftover music form Thom's soundtrack he did for Suspiria. It was sold out before i even got the email from waste. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

http://x-l-r.co/illwind

Looks like some random released new music! 

Spectre b-side.
    If we're being technical, It was a deluxe bonus track. Spectre was a AA side with Burn the Witch.

edited January 2019
    I saw on twitter that there was some leftover music form Thom's soundtrack he did for Suspiria. It was sold out before i even got the email from waste. LOL
    Probably just un used cues. I doubt there are any real song-songs on it. Its only 7 tracks in 12 minutes.

• OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Olivavu said:
    90s Radiohead is my bag. Not nearly as keen on the albums since OK Computer.
    I’m not sure how anyone who liked the 90’s albums can’t like In Rainbows or A Moon Shaped Pool. 
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 897
    Olivavu said:
    90s Radiohead is my bag. Not nearly as keen on the albums since OK Computer.
    I’m not sure how anyone who liked the 90’s albums can’t like In Rainbows or A Moon Shaped Pool. 
    A
     moon shaped pool is one of my favourite albums of the past 5 years. It's amazing front to back. So melodic and soulful yet still quirky. It feels like a band who have completely understood what they were meant to be. It is the best Radiohead album IMHO and I really love both OK computer and Kid A. It is worth 45 mins of anybodys time.
    hot take: They haven't made a bad album. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,362
    I agree
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I think you're right. Admittedly, after almost eight (!) years, The King of Limbs still hasn't grown on me but it's a decent effort nonetheless - they probably should have included "The Daily Mail" on that one. Speaking of non-album tracks, Radiohead has a tonne of great ones...even more than Pearl Jam and that's saying quite a lot!
    edited April 2019
    How would you all rank their albums? I used to put The Bends near the top of the list but it's probably fallen down to the middle of the pack for me now. OKC, Kid A, and In Rainbows are tops for me but AMSP is an excellent album, for sure.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    rummy said:
    How would you all rank their albums? I used to put The Bends near the top of the list but it's probably fallen down to the middle of the pack for me now. OKC, Kid A, and In Rainbows are tops for me but AMSP is an excellent album, for sure.
    I feel the exact same way. 

King Of Limbs & Hail to the Thief would be at the bottom only because the % of songs I love is lower for those two albums. The songs I love, I REALLY love, but % wise those two albums definitely have more songs that I skip over any other RH album. 
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Have we discussed this before - even recently? I think this is my exact order.
    rummy said:
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Exactly my order but with OKC a notch ahead of Kid A - if only for the sake of nostalgia.
    Yup! I'm like a broken record!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    rummy said:
    I hate to say this, but I don't feel The Bends has aged well. it seems to have stayed in the 90's for me. it is not a timeless record. and that bothers me. 

OKC and In Rainbows are probably my top two. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,415
    edited April 2019
    Late to the discussion here.  Haven't listened to the last two albums.  I had a period from about 2005-2010 where I was really, really into them, then just fell out.  I probably couldn't rank the albums in any particular order but I always seemed to gravitate way more towards The Bends, OK Computer, & In Rainbows than anything else.  I'm giving King of Limbs "live in the studio" a listen as I type.
    rummy said:
    Kid A/OKC
    IR
    AMSP
    The Bends
    Amnesiac
    HTTT
    TKOL
    PH
    Have we discussed this before - even recently? I think this is my exact order.
    Yeah. back in December. Its on the previous page. I just copy/pasted.

rummy said:
    I hate to say this, but I don't feel The Bends has aged well. it seems to have stayed in the 90's for me. it is not a timeless record. and that bothers me. 

OKC and In Rainbows are probably my top two. 
    I find it impossible to argue against OKC, Kid A, and In Rainbows being someone's favourite by the band. All three are truly outstanding albums.

As stated earlier, HTTT has many great tunes (There There, 2+2=5, and Where I End and You Begin come to mind) but does indeed have five or so "filler" tracks. I now feel this was about The Bends. It still has many great tunes but it does feel very "1990's."

Oddly enough, I give many other bands a "pass" for having albums that still feel like their from the nineties. I guess Radiohead was able to grow musically much more than most other bands and they have raised the bar for everyone - including themselves. I kind of feel I'm more nostalgic about many of the others and this includes you-know-who.
    Late to the discussion here.  Haven't listened to the last two albums.  I had a period from about 2005-2010 where I was really, really into them, then just fell out.  I probably couldn't rank the albums in any particular order but I always seemed to gravitate way more towards The Bends, OK Computer, & In Rainbows than anything else.  I'm giving King of Limbs "live in the studio" a listen as I type.
    From The Basement TKOL is better than the actual studio album - plus you get The Daily Mail (in my opinion, better than any song on the actual album) and Staircase.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Kid A
    OK Computer
    In Rainbows
    A Moon Shaped Pool
    Amnesiac
    Hail to the Theif
    The Bends (it just hadn’t aged well with me. It feels very, very dated.)
    The King of Limbs

Pablo Honey 
  • I’ll give it a go. I see Kid A almost is always over Amensiac but I’ve always listened to Amensiac a bit more. It’s close between In Rainbows and Hail to the Thief; I give the edge to In Rainbows for the cohesion and mood of the album. Feels like they recorded IR in one sitting. I had trouble connecting to a Moon Shape Pearl. And King of Limbs has never grown on me and is too difficult a listen: 

Ok Computer

Amnesiac

Kid A 

In Rainbows

Hail to the Thief 

The Bends

A Moon Shaped Pearl

The King of Limbs 

A Moon Shaped Pool, for me anyway, is definitely best listened to during quieter moments. It's definitely not one that gets the juices flowing.
    Amnesiac is a funny one. Some outstanding songs on there that always makes me wonder how much better Kid A could have been if they replaced a few "lesser" songs on that album. Again, it's all a matter of personal taste but imagine adding Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong, Knives Out, and You And Whose Army and removing Treefingers and In Limbo (for instance).