Best Chicken Wings of all-time

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    woman whipped some carribean jerk sauce last night....

was pretty tasty....needs a little tweaking....but a solid start for a first batch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    This thread is making me hungry, haven't had wings in a while...
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

was pretty tasty....needs a little tweaking....but a solid start for a first batch.

Just something about this post sounds a little dirty. :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:
    I wish Southwest served chicken wings.

I got on a plane once and this giant, fat guy was sitting in a center seat with a bucket of KFC. A BUCKET!
    He ate the entire bucket over the course of the hour and a half flight. It wasn't a full flight so needless to say nobody sat next to him. :lol:

I just want to know where he got that? They don't have KFC in airports. He must have brought it to the airport. I would have loved to see the TSA scanner person's reaction when a bunch of little bones shows up on the screen! :lol:
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Just something about this post sounds a little dirty. :lol:

bet it was finger lickin'
    aqo2t.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I got on a plane once and this giant, fat guy was sitting in a center seat with a bucket of KFC. A BUCKET!
    He ate the entire bucket over the course of the hour and a half flight. It wasn't a full flight so needless to say nobody sat next to him. :lol:

I just want to know where he got that? They don't have KFC in airports. He must have brought it to the airport. I would have loved to see the TSA scanner person's reaction when a bunch of little bones shows up on the screen! :lol:

:lol::lol:

Sir...would you like to check your bucket of KKC or is that carry on?
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,677
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Could only imagine the smell inside the plane, I hate KFC. I'm pretty sure I would have spewed chunks if I was on that flight.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
    BLACK35 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Could only imagine the smell inside the plane, I hate KFC. I'm pretty sure I would have spewed chunks if I was on that flight.
    I was two rows behind him. It smelled really bad!!
    Who would even think to do something like that?
    :?
    Someone had Buffalo Wild WIngs for lunch today and I tried a wing again. How is this fucking place in business? :?
    DS1119 wrote:
    Someone had Buffalo Wild WIngs for lunch today and I tried a wing again. How is this fucking place in business? :?

not the best, but not bad
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i could go for some hot hot hot ones. i wanna feel the burn.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Maybe they are different out your way but the one we have here is disgusting...at least to me.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Maybe they are different out your way but the one we have here is disgusting...at least to me.

they are franchised now...pretty much all the same. i did notice they were skimping on the size of the wing for a while, but last couple of times we went, the wings were decent sized. biggest issue is the hot sauces....they just lather the wings in them. i'd much rather have a dry rub.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    my theory is the smaller, the better...bigger wings take longer to cook and on a busy night, the cooks skimp on the frying. they come out flabby and unappetizing. ill take a smaller wing anyday of the week
    81 wrote:

they are franchised now...pretty much all the same. i did notice they were skimping on the size of the wing for a while, but last couple of times we went, the wings were decent sized. biggest issue is the hot sauces....they just lather the wings in them. i'd much rather have a dry rub.

I like them saucy but to each their own.

What's wrong with people in Chicago? I read about you going to Buffalo Wild Wings....mamasan ordering Dominoes pizza every other night. I thought you people in Chicago knew how to eat? :lol:
    davidtrios wrote:
    my theory is the smaller, the better...bigger wings take longer to cook and on a busy night, the cooks skimp on the frying. they come out flabby and unappetizing. ill take a smaller wing anyday of the week

...and that is probably the biggest reason you prefer Duffs and I prefer the better and home of the original chicken wing...the king...Anchor Bar. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

...and that is probably the biggest reason you prefer Duffs and I prefer the better and home of the original chicken wing...the king...Anchor Bar. :lol:

i respect a-bar- the creator of the modern day chicken wing...but, they do not hold a celery stick to d to the uff's
    davidtrios wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

i respect a-bar- the creator of the modern day chicken wing...but, they do not hold a celery stick to d to the uff's

:lol: :fp:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

What's wrong with people in Chicago? I read about you going to Buffalo Wild Wings....mamasan ordering Dominoes pizza every other night. I thought you people in Chicago knew how to eat? :lol:

nothing wrong with a little sauce, but i'm not a big fan of the drenched wing.

problem out where we live is the selection is limited. bw3's, wing stop, hooters, tilted kilt etc....

that bar we went to for the bears game last month had good wings, but they were very lacking on the pucker scale. we ordered there hottest ones and they barely cracked medium on the hot scale
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    edited January 2013
    if you want good wings around here (chicago) i recommend:

gators in palatine- great buffalo garlic wings as my fat friend jason explains
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyIeAcEJKDw

franks for the memories- mundelein. owners are from buffalo and they have a log book for people from buffalo that eat there. i am in said log book
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZu2jZ6yMWE
    Post edited by davidtrios on
    81 wrote:

nothing wrong with a little sauce, but i'm not a big fan of the drenched wing.

problem out where we live is the selection is limited. bw3's, wing stop, hooters, tilted kilt etc....

that bar we went to for the bears game last month had good wings, but they were very lacking on the pucker scale. we ordered there hottest ones and they barely cracked medium on the hot scale

I would figure every bar/restaurant and pizzeria out that way would serve wings. Maybe I'm just living in my own central New York isolated world.
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Buffalo Wild Wings have average wings at best. Not terrible, but certainly not good.
    Good wings are truly hard to find. I don't eat wings too often, but I never settle for average. Why eat something so horribly bad for you if it's not going to be really, really good?
    My favorite I've found here in the valley are from Goldies. Local sports bar/restaurant that makes all their food from scratch and from quality ingredients. Their wings are quite good. Fried perfect and their hot sauce...while not exactly the same from visit to visit, is always good!

There is absolutely no excuse for Domino's under any circumstance.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:

franks for the memories- mundelein. owners are from buffalo and they have a log book for people from buffalo that eat there. i am in said log book

Gators is amazing!! Good call!!!!! They use LOTSA garlic.

As far as Dominoes is concerned...I was really hungover and didn't want to leave the house nor wait 2 hours for a pizza. I don't order it every other day! :fp:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    As far as Dominoes is concerned...I was really hungover and didn't want to leave the house nor wait 2 hours for a pizza. I don't order it every other day! :fp:
    by my math, that would be every other day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Touche.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    davidtrios wrote:

Gators is amazing!! Good call!!!!! They use LOTSA garlic.

Garlic? In wings??? You people are food deprived in Chicago. :fp:
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Now that's :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:

Garlic? In wings??? You people are food deprived in Chicago. :fp:

Coming from the guy who refuses to eat certain foods because he thinks it'll be bad....
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Posts: 2,580
    81 wrote:

BW3 has dry rubs now, I haven't tried them yet but I saw them on the menu.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
    2024 - Noblesville, Wrigley
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,835
    When I was a kid in Sarasota, Fla., Wings-N-Things, which is still in business, was tops. I had some the last time I went down there to visit family, and the wings (with napalm sauce) were still pretty awesome.

In my college town of DeLand, Fla., Gator's Dockside, which is also still in business had killer wings. The suicide sauce there was like a slap in the mouth from your mama.

I hate to say it, but I tried all the places people told me to try in Boston when I lived there, and the wings were just awful everywhere.

Here in NYC, I like the BonChon Chicken wings for something different and out-of-bounds.

And for old-timey buffalo wings that taste like the first order of buffalo wings you ever had back when they entered the zetigeist of American bar food cuisine in the early 1980s, I would recommend anybody visiting the county of Kings to head over to The Wing Bar on Smith Street. Boy, do those delicious wings take me back!
    I SAW PEARL JAM