• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    meh to anchor bar...this is where it's it:

100_2133.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    edited November 2011
    Davidtrios wrote:
    meh to anchor bar...this is where it's it:

100_2133.jpg

Been there a bunch actually! I do enjoy their lunch special...I think it's ten wings and two side dishes for ten bucks. Very good deal. Also, the wings aren't bad either...for the less discriminate wing connoisseur. :P :lol:
    Post edited by DS1119 on
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    Wendell's Pub in Norton, MA. The greatest buffalo wings of all-time, of all-time. I have had many all over the country and I believe they are awesome. Just my opinion. :D

I like them so much I wish I lived closer! How sad is my life? :lol::lol:
    PJ88 wrote:
    Wendell's Pub in Norton, MA. The greatest buffalo wings of all-time, of all-time. I have had many all over the country and I believe they are awesome. Just my opinion. :D

Craving good food is never sad!! :thumbup:
  • 81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i could go for some wings right about now.

I could always go for some wings. I may have to bring out the mini deep fryer and make some wings for dinner tonight.

i think we are having black bean soup.
    :(

No wings for me tonight. Pulled bbq chicken tacos in the crock pot....nice little surprise from the fiance. I'll save the wings for the Bears game on Sunday.
  • PJ88 wrote:

Not sad at all....I have thought many times how I wish I lived on the west coast so I could have in 'n out burger whenever I want.
    PJ88 wrote:

Not sad at all....I have thought many times how I wish I lived on the west coast so I could have in 'n out burger whenever I want.

In 'n out...mmmm :thumbup:
  • DS1119 wrote:
    PJ88 wrote:

It's the best. Pretty sure I'm going to both Cali and Vegas next year...plenty of in 'n out for me!
    plenty of in 'n out for me!

:lol::o
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Not my favorite wings ever (that honor goes to the old Mudpuppys Pub in Lynchburg, VA), but the best I've had here in Fort Myers are at Boulevard Tavern in Gateway.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    DS1119 wrote:

It's the best. Pretty sure I'm going to both Cali and Vegas next year...plenty of in 'n out for me!

In 'N Out is now in Texas as well so if you're ever in the Dallas area, make sure to stop by for your animal style double double :D I'm pretty sure I read they will be opening in Houston and San Antonio as well.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    I still prefer the Anchor Bar in Buffalo but these fuckers from Duffs look pretty tasty right now.

at_duffs_buffalos_best_wings_m_p1.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Question:

What is the most # of wings YOU have eaten in one sitting?

20 a couple of times but it was a struggle.
    mca47 wrote:
    Questions: (I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up yet)

Do you like/prefer your wings breaded or fried as is?
    Do you like/prefer blue cheese dressing or ranch?

I happen to prefer wings NOT breaded. I've had some good ones that were breaded prior to frying but I much prefer non-breaded wings.

Also, you gotta go with blue cheese! I'm amazed at the number of places that automatically give you ranch with wings. Don't get me wrong, ranch can be good too, but blue cheese is much, much better.

Breaded wings are blasphemy. I don't use ranch or blue cheese. Just straight.
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    Homemade chicken wings my mom makes.

Also the red wings in Detroit are great too.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    just had some wing stops wings.....way to small...but tasty...went with lemon pepper and atomic. next poop is gonna be HOT :lol: i look forward to it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    81 wrote:
    just had some wing stops wings.....way to small...but tasty...went with lemon pepper and atomic. next poop is gonna be HOT :lol: i look forward to it.

:?

:shock:

:lol:

better bring a good book in there.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Had wings from a place called the RUsty Nail. Taste good. Big meaty. Always don't feel so hot the next day though. :fp:
    i put the over/under on the burn at 10am tommorrow.

i look forward to it. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    who has the hottest wings in chicagoland?

bring em on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    haven't had any that made me say "Damn that's a tasty wing!"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

lemon pepper is good for a tasty treat.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    we had some nummy jerk wings at the south side Mellow Mushroom...
    our Saturday b-day celebration

who knew their food is so good and a big circular bar too ...
    got a stool with my name on it now :D
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

lemon pepper is good for a tasty treat.

i like a good bleu cheese dressing...none of that ranch crap :nono:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    iwasatpj20 wrote:

Homemade wings:

Unless you have a fryer at home you really have two options for wings, grilled or baked. Grilled wings can be good, but I find unless your doing them over a dry heat...charcoal with wood chips, they still lack that crispness you get with fried wings. Baking them is an option but the fat that comes out of them will stink up your place for days and make a mess of your oven.

If you guys want to make some killer homemade wings, try this...

Steam the wings for 10 minutes. What this does is partially cooks the wings but more importantly, it renders a lot of the fat out of them prior to putting them in the over. Once steamed for 10 minutes, take them out, place them on a rack and place in the fridge for about an hour.
    Place in a preheated 425 degree over for about 45 minutes (turning half way).

By doing this you render the fat out first. It won't stink and the fat won't splatter all over the place while baking. Since a lot of the fat is out and they are already partially cooked, the skin becomes nice and crispy. Normally you would have to cook them at a much lower temp to assure they were cooked throughout. This makes them crispy-awesome. You'd swear they were fried!
    Put whatever sauce on them you like.

Trust me. This is the best way to make wings at home!
    mca47 wrote:
    iwasatpj20 wrote:

Homemade wings:

Unless you have a fryer at home you really have two options for wings, grilled or baked. Grilled wings can be good, but I find unless your doing them over a dry heat...charcoal with wood chips, they still lack that crispness you get with fried wings. Baking them is an option but the fat that comes out of them will stink up your place for days and make a mess of your oven.

If you guys want to make some killer homemade wings, try this...

Steam the wings for 10 minutes. What this does is partially cooks the wings but more importantly, it renders a lot of the fat out of them prior to putting them in the over. Once steamed for 10 minutes, take them out, place them on a rack and place in the fridge for about an hour.
    Place in a preheated 425 degree over for about 45 minutes (turning half way).

By doing this you render the fat out first. It won't stink and the fat won't splatter all over the place while baking. Since a lot of the fat is out and they are already partially cooked, the skin becomes nice and crispy. Normally you would have to cook them at a much lower temp to assure they were cooked throughout. This makes them crispy-awesome. You'd swear they were fried!
    Put whatever sauce on them you like.

Trust me. This is the best way to make wings at home!

This reminds me of a little quick story. A buddy of mine's fraternity house in college had a deep fryer. It was pretty much chicken wings and cheese sticks every night when he came home shitfaced. He put 35 pounds on during his sophomore year. :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    DS1119 wrote:

This reminds me of a little quick story. A buddy of mine's fraternity house in college had a deep fryer. It was pretty much chicken wings and cheese sticks every night when he came home shitfaced. He put 35 pounds on during his sophomore year. :lol:

Yeah, my college roommate had a Fry Baby (I think that's what it was called) deep fryer. Quick backstory on my roommate. He was an out of control drunk who would always do something really, really stupid as a result.
    He'd come home from the bars stumbling around and want to fry some stuff. Ugh! Not only did it make a giant mess that he wouldn't clean up, but one night he left it on...ALL NIGHT! I was always in fear of dying living with that guy. :lol:

When we'd go out drinking together, I'd always try to convince him to get food before we went home, or order a late night pizza when we got back so he wouldn't get the idea to fry shit at 2AM! :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah, my college roommate had a Fry Baby (I think that's what it was called) deep fryer. Quick backstory on my roommate. He was an out of control drunk who would always do something really, really stupid as a result.
    He'd come home from the bars stumbling around and want to fry some stuff. Ugh! Not only did it make a giant mess that he wouldn't clean up, but one night he left it on...ALL NIGHT! I was always in fear of dying living with that guy. :lol:

When we'd go out drinking together, I'd always try to convince him to get food before we went home, or order a late night pizza when we got back so he wouldn't get the idea to fry shit at 2AM! :lol:

Yeah, leaving it on is not a good idea. :fp: :lol:
    81 wrote:
    i put the over/under on the burn at 10am tommorrow.

i look forward to it. :mrgreen:

no burn...i feel jipped
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I wish Southwest served chicken wings.