Best Chicken Wings of all-time

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Questions: (I'm actually surprised this hasn't come up yet)

Do you like/prefer your wings breaded or fried as is?
    Do you like/prefer blue cheese dressing or ranch?

I happen to prefer wings NOT breaded. I've had some good ones that were breaded prior to frying but I much prefer non-breaded wings.

Also, you gotta go with blue cheese! I'm amazed at the number of places that automatically give you ranch with wings. Don't get me wrong, ranch can be good too, but blue cheese is much, much better.
  • Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    Chicken Shack...Metro detroit area, several locations.
    Save room for dessert!
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    mca47 wrote:

I happen to prefer wings NOT breaded. I've had some good ones that were breaded prior to frying but I much prefer non-breaded wings.

Also, you gotta go with blue cheese! I'm amazed at the number of places that automatically give you ranch with wings. Don't get me wrong, ranch can be good too, but blue cheese is much, much better.

Blue Cheese vs Ranch is not even a debate. Ranch is for chicken sandwiches.

I like wings the old fashioned way: fried. Breaded can be good, but something is lost in translation.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Blu Cheese always

I also like mine non breaded.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

I used to go to the flagship restaurant a lot back in the day... Their Louisiana Licker sauce can not be topped.
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    mca47 wrote:

preference is for traditional non breaded and with blue cheese

but I love sals birdland wings in Syracuse
    they bread em, serve em whole, and the sassy sauce is some yellow concoction, the ingredients to which I do not care to know (honey mustard base)
  • pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    mbangel10 wrote:
    http://www.quakersteakandlube.com/

I used to go to the flagship restaurant a lot back in the day... Their Louisiana Licker sauce can not be topped.

Best and maybe ONLY reason to hang in western PA!

(Don't mention that to my dad - he grew up in the original's town.) 8-)
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Non-breaded with Ranch dressing. Not a blue cheese fan.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    damn it
    now I need some wings for the SU game tonight!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,670
    My favorite chicken wings of all-time.

1. Duff's in Amherst, NY
    2. Duff's in Orchard Park, NY
    3. The Village Inn in Grand Island, NY
    4. Gabriel's Gate in Buffalo, NY
    5. John's Pizza & Subs Various locations around Buffalo, NY
    6. Anchor Bar in Buffalo, NY
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    grilling season is upon us now and my grilled wings are the best I'm told but I'm cookin they're not ;)
    everything tastes better when you're not the one cooking
    favorites
    Hawaiian Hot
    Jerk
    Lemon Pepper
    Asian Glaze
    Pete's Super Hot
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    has anyone ever been here?

Wings Around the World http://www.yelp.com/biz/wings-around-th ... uery:wings
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    The Boat House in Conshohocken......MONEY.
    www.myspace.com
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    dinosaur BBQ probably top my list
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,821
    mca47 wrote:
    Question:

What is the most # of wings YOU have eaten in one sitting?

Side note: This local bar/restaurant used to have this wing eating contest. If you could eat a dozen of their "suicide/death wings" in 10 minutes you could win $300.

I watched it once with a buddy and this poor girl looked like she was going to die!! :lol:
    I asked the waitress if we could just order up a half-dozen to see how they were... Had three each :o :shock: Dear god! I can handle hot, but this was nuts!

It really hurt 'twice'...if you know what I mean! :D
    Similar experience at The Bon-Aire Lounge. Buddy and I ordered six. Had three each. took me an hour and a half to eat my three!!!! WHOA mama!!! That was some hot shit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • So to all the Buffalo locals that loves Duff's because it's the cool thing to do I have to disagree and say The Anchor bar blows Duff's away. I had both several times and it's not even a competition.
    1996: Randall's Island, NY - 2
    2003: Uniondale, NY
    2006: East Rutherford, NJ - 1
    2008: NY, NY - 2
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 1,2,3
    2010: NY, NY - 1,2
    2013: Brooklyn, NY - 1,2
    2016: Philadelphia, PA - 2
    2016: Boston, MA - 1,2
    2016: Chicago, IL - 1

EV
    2008: NY, NY - 1,2
    2009: Albany, NY - 1
    2009: Philadelphia, PA - 2

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    pj welihans is pretty damn good too
    www.myspace.com
    I'm thinking about hitting up Quaker Steak for Wings in or around Cleveland- how are they?
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    I'm thinking about hitting up Quaker Steak for Wings in or around Cleveland- how are they?

There not bad, they have some good sauces, but overall nothing extraordinary.
    Columbus 6/24/03, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Cleveland 5/20/06, Pittsburgh 6/23/06, Chicago 8/5/07, New York 6/24/08, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, Mansfield 6/30/08, EV D.C. 8/16/08, EV Chicago 8/22/08, EV Baltimore 6/14/09, Chicago 8/23/09, Philadelphia 10/27/09, Philadelphia 10/28/09, Philadelphia 10/30/09, Philadelphia 10/31/09, Columbus 5/6/10, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Cleveland 5/9/10, Buffalo 5/10/10, EV Detroit 6/26/11, Toronto 9/12/11, Hamilton 9/15/11, Pittsburgh 10/11/13, Buffalo 10/12/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, Los Angeles 11/24/13, Cincinnati 10/1/14, Detroit 10/16/14, New York 9/26/15, Greenville 4/16/16, Hampton 4/18/16, Columbia 4/21/16, Philadelphia 4/29/16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/22/16, Denver 9/22/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24
    would you ever have peanut butter and jelly wings

http://www.crosstownpub-grill.com/new_menu_10.11.pdf
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i could go for some wings right about now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

I could always go for some wings. I may have to bring out the mini deep fryer and make some wings for dinner tonight.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:

I could always go for some wings. I may have to bring out the mini deep fryer and make some wings for dinner tonight.

i think we are having black bean soup.
    :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:
    Question:

What is the most # of wings YOU have eaten in one sitting?

Side note: This local bar/restaurant used to have this wing eating contest. If you could eat a dozen of their "suicide/death wings" in 10 minutes you could win $300.

I watched it once with a buddy and this poor girl looked like she was going to die!! :lol:
    I asked the waitress if we could just order up a half-dozen to see how they were... Had three each :o :shock: Dear god! I can handle hot, but this was nuts!

It really hurt 'twice'...if you know what I mean! :D

I put down 40 at Pluckers in Dallas, TX to win a contest. These wings are easily twice the size of what BWW has, and bigger than Hooters as well. I felt terrible for a day or so but got lifetime bragging rights. BTW their record is one man ate 100, he was a skinny asian guy like Kobayashi of the Nathan's Hot Dogs fame.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Any soaked in Franks Hot Sauce for a few hours, or Reggae Reggae sauce! I'd mix some Franks with mayo then for the dip. Yomyomyom!

Eddie Rockets here do frikkin' awesome wings too 8-)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Davidtrios wrote:

I went to the one in Columbus last time I was there, and it wasn't bad at all. I think Wednesday is all you can eat night for about 12-13 bucks.
    Davidtrios wrote:

I went to the one in Columbus last time I was there, and it wasn't bad at all. I think Wednesday is all you can eat night for about 12-13 bucks.

pluckers? :lol:
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

pluckers? :lol:

Yep! Texas chain around Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, and also Baton Rouge.

http://www.pluckers.com/
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    My local pub makes a pretty good Bourbon wing, I usually get that with hot sauce on the side.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Sorry Davidtrios. You and I share a mutual affection for the Buffalo Bills...but our tastes are totally different when it comes to wing quality. I have good taste and well, you ehhhh...

...the best is simply.

ny009.jpg

The Anchor Bar. Buffalo, NY

:P :lol: