edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
1.Duff's Buffalo

2.Franks for the Memories- Mundelein, IL

you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BG122367BG122367 Posts: 27
    edited November 2009
    I will be biased, I make some kick ass Smoked Hot Wings. Next time they are in philly I will have to make some for the tailgate, was going to do it for the 10/30 and 10/31 shows, but the weather forcast wasnt the best.

The wings are smoked for about 2 hours.

I apply a rub before smoking and use very little smoke as there isnt much meat on them and it can get bad in a hurry.

Deep fry for about 2 minutes to make outside crispy, then toss in hot sauce ( with crushed garlic added)
    Post edited by BG122367 on
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Irish Bread- the one near the airport in Atlanta- (next to Spondivits stop there too for great seafood)
    The Jerk wings are excellent- ask for extra crispy though
  • my husband's are amazing!
    also, strangely enough a small local mexican place makes truly delicious wings!
    most of my other faves have since gone downhill...i am always on the lookout for great wings!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,799
    the varsity syracuse NY
    dinosaur BBQ syracuse and NYC
    sals sassy wings syracuse NY

and everyone knows they were created in syracuse but made famous by buffalo :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Hooters :lol::lol::lol:
  • Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

and everyone knows they were created in syracuse but made famous by buffalo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

um, to be fair...the OP only mentions 'chicken wings'.....so i don't think even syracuse can be credited for 'creating' chicken wings... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

um, to be fair...the OP only mentions 'chicken wings'.....so i don't think even syracuse can be credited for 'creating' chicken wings... :lol:
    d'oh

ok fried chicken wings with hot sauce and butter

wiseacre :mrgreen:
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    BG122367 wrote:
    I will be biased, I make some kick ass Smoked Hot Wings. Next time they are in philly I will have to make some for the tailgate, was going to do it for the 10/30 and 10/31 shows, but the weather forcast wasnt the best.

I apply a rub before smoking and use very little smoke as there isnt much meat on them and it can get bad in a hurry.

Deep fry for about 2 minutes to make outside crispy, then toss in hot sauce ( with crushed garlic added)

put me down for 2 dozen bc those sound GOOOD :mrgreen::mrgreen: :!:
  • BG122367 wrote:

Not sure how big of a fan of garlic you are but you can do that with fried wings as well. I usually will add 2 tablespoons to my mixture of 1 cup Franks and half stick unsalted butter and melt together for about 20 minutes on real low heat to soften the garlic and let it permeate through the sauce.

Another style of sauce I like to make is getting Ken's Steakhouse Parmesan Peppercorn Salad dressing and adding some hot sauce and Cayenne pepper to taste makes for a nice creamy sauce on Fried wings.
    BG122367 wrote:
    BG122367 wrote:

Not sure how big of a fan of garlic you are but you can do that with fried wings as well. I usually will add 2 tablespoons to my mixture of 1 cup Franks and half stick unsalted butter and melt together for about 20 minutes on real low heat to soften the garlic and let it permeate through the sauce.

Another style of sauce I like to make is getting Ken's Steakhouse Parmesan Peppercorn Salad dressing and adding some hot sauce and Cayenne pepper to taste makes for a nice creamy sauce on Fried wings.

YES! sounds great. Is there a better food than wings?
  • NOPE
  • Hurley's Albany NY (although I have not had them there in like 25 years so there you go)
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • PJ's Oyster Bar, North Redington beach Florida

Beer Batter Wings. God Damn they are good.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

haha! yes! thank you! you're totally right!

i was just at varsity and dinosaur bbq last week. the wings are amazing. i like the cuse dinosaur bbq better than the harlem one.

and of course varsity...never has there been a place that has better combined pizza and wings.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    For you Philly people there is a little dive bar in Manayunk called Union Jack's, their wings are the best I've ever had.
    Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

i was just at varsity and dinosaur bbq last week. the wings are amazing. i like the cuse dinosaur bbq better than the harlem one.

and of course varsity...never has there been a place that has better combined pizza and wings.
    rhcpjam
    your wings are ready
    :lol::lol:
  • Haven Gastropub in Orange, CA!!

Buttermilk fried drummettes with orange-habenero BBQ sauce!!!

SOOOO GOOOOOD!!!!!!!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Get_Right wrote:
    Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

rhcpjam
    your wings are ready
    :lol::lol:

haha. you and i will have to make a trip up to cuse. pm me next time you're up there.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
    haha. you and i will have to make a trip up to cuse. pm me next time you're up there.
    its been about 8 years

SU alum that rarely makes it back, unfortunately

but Ive been thinking about heading up there this spring for a lax game
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Mudpuppys Pub in Lynchburg, VA had the best wings I've ever had. From 2003-2004 that was the go to place for wings when we were watching football. They did $0.25 wings every Sunday and they were incredible. I've been looking for wings that good since we moved down here 2 1/2 years ago and haven't found anything as good.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.

Locally in Portland I'd say:

Fire on the Mountain and the Fish Sauce wings at Pok Pok are the best.
    NERDS!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Get_Right wrote:
    the varsity syracuse NY

I'm responding for "moeaholic"

"the varsity has really good wings, so does dino, but in my opinion the best wings in cny are at the beginning's II on bridge street. if you haven't tried them from there yet, get your ass over and pick some up. last time i was in there, it was just a bit over $20 for 50 wings. really good deal."
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Is there not a better combination of hot wings and ice cold beer??!?!?!

Man that is good stuff!

Oh, by the ways...if you are doing your wings buffalo style, they need to pack a little punch and burn a bit. If you don't sweat, they aren't done right! :D

That said, I love me all kinds of wings! Mmmmmm....mmmm!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    bw3's in BG OH:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Question:

What is the most # of wings YOU have eaten in one sitting?

Side note: This local bar/restaurant used to have this wing eating contest. If you could eat a dozen of their "suicide/death wings" in 10 minutes you could win $300.

I watched it once with a buddy and this poor girl looked like she was going to die!! :lol:
    I asked the waitress if we could just order up a half-dozen to see how they were... Had three each :o :shock: Dear god! I can handle hot, but this was nuts!

It really hurt 'twice'...if you know what I mean! :D
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    most wings....about a dozen

i'm not a pig :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    Question:

Side note: This local bar/restaurant used to have this wing eating contest. If you could eat a dozen of their "suicide/death wings" in 10 minutes you could win $300.

I watched it once with a buddy and this poor girl looked like she was going to die!! :lol:
    I asked the waitress if we could just order up a half-dozen to see how they were... Had three each :o :shock: Dear god! I can handle hot, but this was nuts!

i think it's like drinking..it's not cool to count how many you've had :mrgreen:
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    I bet I've put down a good 25-30 in one sitting. The problem is that I love wings insanely hot, which usually means you gotta throw down a few beers as you eat and you fill up quickly.

Some of my favorite places:

Chicken Bone Saloon, Framingham MA. I miss their "hotter than thermonuclear" that you had to know about in order to get. Still, the normal thermos are awesome. Great flavor.

Eli Cannon's, Middletown CT. They used to have White Fire wings that were intense. Also: the Russian Roullette Poppers are incredible.

New England Wings, Burlington VT. I'm not even sure they are around anymore, but back in college their lava wings were a staple.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    pandora wrote:
    Irish Bread- the one near the airport in Atlanta- (next to Spondivits stop there too for great seafood)
    The Jerk wings are excellent- ask for extra crispy though

hmm i'm never on the south side of town :( is it worth a trip just for the wings? I'm on the north side so it would be about 45 minute drive to get there for those wings.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • mca47 wrote:
    Question:

I threw down 29 wings at Hooters once. I was really hungover and just couldn't stop eating. I was pretty proud of myself since Hooters wings are pretty big and meaty.