Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    Alright. Good history lesson. My bud loved kmfdm and was at that show with me. His gf flaked out so he had to leave. Sux for him. End of flashback...or has it just begun. Thanks for sparking up that corner of mx brain.

My head is packed with memories. 

• Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^Did not know that's what it stood for. Shheeesh. I know nothing!  Saw kmfdm at an old church club in nyc. They had this supergroup industrial band pigface. Saw them at city gardens in trenton nj. Small club. The show was a bit forgetful or maybe because it was so long ago. Consolidated was a good band also Meat Beat Manifesto. Industrial music really didn't stick. A blip in the history of music. Imo
    OMG.  Bands I had forgotten about.  
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    MMJ Live Vol 2 arrived yesterday!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Completed my Arctic Monkeys discography!
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    Got this one showed up yesterday- 22 Cream songs recorded live in the BBC studios 1966-1968. Nicely illustrates this hugely influential band.  As the Brits would say, Brilliant! 

Cream (2) – BBC Sessions

Cream 2 - BBC Sessions album cover
    Label:UMC – 7734197, BBC – 7734197
    Format:
    Vinyl, LP, Album, White
    Vinyl, LP, Album, Cream
    All Media, Compilation, Limited Edition, Numbered, Reissue
    Released:Nov 22, 2019
    Genre:Rock, Non-Music
    Style:Blues Rock, Interview, Psychedelic Rock

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,798
    edited October 2022

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,938
    My father in-law has about 400 records that I’m about to inherit. Think I’m getting his turntable and speakers too. Nice pick up. He’s 76 now and I think he’s ready to move his collection on. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,794
    ^^Very nice. Post a few of your favorites.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

How does it sound?
  • Options
    Just picked this up via Scott H link.  He let me know of a limited pressing of only 100.

I believe this is @PJ_Soul least favorite band from her country, lol!

Bedouin Soundclash discuss We Will Meet in a Hurricane - YouTube
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:

How does it sound?

havent listened yet
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

How does it sound?

havent listened yet
    Their vinyl is usually really good so I would hope it's fine.
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

How does it sound?

havent listened yet
    Their vinyl is usually really good so I would hope it's fine.

heard from a couple people, no complaints

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

Just picked this up via Scott H link.  He let me know of a limited pressing of only 100.

I believe this is @PJ_Soul least favorite band from her country, lol!

Bedouin Soundclash discuss We Will Meet in a Hurricane - YouTube

Your memory is stunning, lol!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 638

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Tasty... just arrived but reviews are off the chart for this. 

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    edited November 2022
    mrussel1 said:

Enjoy!!!!  I wimped out with the 50th anniversary vinyl from digital files.  It sounds surprisingly good.
    Post edited by BIGDaddyWil on
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Enjoy!!!!  I wimped out with the 40th anniversary vinyl from digital files.  It sounds surprisingly good.
    I believe it.  I'm sure it sounds better than an original which is old and muddy.  The digital files were cut straight from the master so they could mass produce it.  I think that's great.  I went with the analog as the Dan is one of my favorite bands.  So going all analog for them was a no brainer.  

I'll be honest, I was thinking that there was going to be some safety copy of the tapes created to mass produce these records at the much lower price.  But AP is smart enough not to undercut their own product.  
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Finally found a pretty nice RL cut of Who Made Who. One of all time favorite records, been looking for this FOREVER.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Promo copy! 

www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Mine arrived Monday, it sounds incredible. Enjoy!
    here for the music...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Enjoy!!!!  I wimped out with the 40th anniversary vinyl from digital files.  It sounds surprisingly good.
    I believe it.  I'm sure it sounds better than an original which is old and muddy.  The digital files were cut straight from the master so they could mass produce it.  I think that's great.  I went with the analog as the Dan is one of my favorite bands.  So going all analog for them was a no brainer.  

I'll be honest, I was thinking that there was going to be some safety copy of the tapes created to mass produce these records at the much lower price.  But AP is smart enough not to undercut their own product.  
    I thought in one of their videos Chad said that they would eventually be releasing AAA dual 45 RPM of the entire catalog on regular vinyl. After all the UHQR's were released of course. So that is likely years, out...but sounds like they're coming. 
    here for the music...
  • Options
    Shopping Acoustic Sounds now...
  • Options
    Shopping Acoustic Sounds now...
    Your wallet will hate you, your ears will experience utter bliss.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I thought in one of their videos Chad said that they would eventually be releasing AAA dual 45 RPM of the entire catalog on regular vinyl. After all the UHQR's were released of course. So that is likely years, out...but sounds like they're coming. 
    Interesting, I didn't hear about that.  But it begs the question, how can he possibly make enough stampers for that without wearing out the tape, if it's truly mastered from the original?  AP's historic stance was no more than 1000 copies from a stamper.  I don't know if that's true for these, but considering there are 20k of the UHQR, can he really wear down the tape anymore?  My guess is that if it is coming in regular vinyl, it would have to be from a safety copy of the tape.  I guess that's still AAA, but really more AAAA.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Interesting, I didn't hear about that.  But it begs the question, how can he possibly make enough stampers for that without wearing out the tape, if it's truly mastered from the original?  AP's historic stance was no more than 1000 copies from a stamper.  I don't know if that's true for these, but considering there are 20k of the UHQR, can he really wear down the tape anymore?  My guess is that if it is coming in regular vinyl, it would have to be from a safety copy of the tape.  I guess that's still AAA, but really more AAAA.  

https://www.furnacemfg.com/how-to-make-vinyl-record/

• Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    Going to have to wait until January to actually receive this, but YAY!

1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,841

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    edited November 2022
    jjflash said:

Congratulations on getting one. My email announcing it went to my Spam folder, so I didn't see it until about an hour ago. I checked the link and they are sold out. If someone bought a second copy and is willing to sell it, let me know.
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on