I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Leeze wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    Dreamers Of The Ghetto, Enemy/Lover
    2011-11-08134538-2.jpg
    From their record label: "DOTG have mined a sound that is both timeless and nostalgic, and they've done so with an earnest fearlessness and refreshing lack of irony. They are true, pure, and unbelievably powerful."... I couldn't agree more. Really happy with this one.

Oh wow! That looks amaaazing ...

Supposedly only the first 200 ordered were red/black.. I wasn't expecting to get one.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Picked up U2's "War" album today, completing my U2 '80s albums on vinyl collection. Now just need "Achtung Baby" to complete the '90s and figure out a way to get their 2000's albums on vinyl.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Newch91 wrote:
    Picked up U2's "War" album today, completing my U2 '80s albums on vinyl collection. Now just need "Achtung Baby" to complete the '90s and figure out a way to get their 2000's albums on vinyl.

:thumbup: :clap:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    Best vinyl day ever!!!! All albums $10, including double albums.

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/ ... %20Albums/

Miles Davis Bitches Brew
    Iggy and the Stooges Raw Power

The Who:
    Tommy
    Quadrophenia

Pink Floyd:
    Meddle
    Obscured By Clouds
    Ummagumma
    A Nice Pair
    More Soundtrack
    Animals
    Wish You Were Here
    Dark Side of the Moon
    The Wall
    The Final Cut
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Echo & The Bunnymen - Songs To Learn & Sing

Damn, I love 80's Brit-Pop! :D
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711

Miles Davis Bitches Brew

The Who:
    Tommy
    Quadrophenia

Pink Floyd:
    Meddle
    Obscured By Clouds
    Ummagumma
    A Nice Pair
    More Soundtrack
    Animals
    Wish You Were Here
    Dark Side of the Moon
    The Wall
    The Final Cut
    That is an epic vinyl day! Enjoy!
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    rcs wrote:

Miles Davis Bitches Brew

The Who:
    Tommy
    Quadrophenia

Pink Floyd:
    Meddle
    Obscured By Clouds
    Ummagumma
    A Nice Pair
    More Soundtrack
    Animals
    Wish You Were Here
    Dark Side of the Moon
    The Wall
    The Final Cut
    That is an epic vinyl day! Enjoy!

Thanks!!! I bought these from some guy on Craigslist.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    The American Dollar "A Memory Stream" first time on vinyl, three different colours available

2.jpg

as I couldn't decide which one to take I got me two different ones, the normal black one because of the usually better sound quality (out of 100, hand numbered) and the orange one (they themself actually call it "beer" lookalike :D) (out of 250)

this is a closer look at one of the orange ones, it's awesome!
    1001392i.jpg

Oh, and this one (after their amazing show last weekend!!!)
    cover.jpg
    Newch91 wrote:
    Oops, just realized I don't have "Under a Blood Red Sky" on vinyl. Will have to look for that one.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    71step28 wrote:
    The American Dollar "A Memory Stream" first time on vinyl, three different colours available

2.jpg

as I couldn't decide which one to take I got me two different ones, the normal black one because of the usually better sound quality (out of 100, hand numbered) and the orange one (they themself actually call it "beer" lookalike :D) (out of 250)

1001392i.jpg

Wow!... Looks like fingers.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    The PJ Melbourne boot just arrived today!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,727
    Went to the record store today and grabbed:

-Audioslave "self-titled" (only 30 bucks, some guy dropped off a lot of vinyl in perfect condition, there was a ton of beatles and u2 "how to dismantle" for 30 bucks as well)

-St. Vincent "strange mercy"

-Puscifer "conditions of my parole" (record sleeves have hilarious pics of maynard and the band)
  • 71step28 wrote:

1001392i.jpg

What a beauty :thumbup:
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    71step28 wrote:

2.jpg

imma have to get me this. i have three of their albums (their first three?) on CD, so this is welcome news.
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    I picked these up on Friday night. I can't remember what I paid, but it was not a super bargain. I pretty much got ripped off, but whatever. I was half in the bag, so I guess I wasn't being a smart shopper.

At least the zipper still works...

5ff7ro.jpg
    American Goldwing is a fantastic album. Quite possibly my favorite record I've bought this year.
    I'm amazed by the number of blank looks I've gotten when mentioning this band. Even the show I was at last week, there were quite a few people who were only there to see Dawes and left before Blitzen Trapper took the stage.
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    JTH wrote:
    I picked these up on Friday night. I can't remember what I paid, but it was not a super bargain. I pretty much got ripped off, but whatever. I was half in the bag, so I guess I wasn't being a smart shopper.

5ff7ro.jpg

If it's any consolation, I always see all 3 of those albums being sold for a lot of money - especially the working zip Sticky Fingers - I picked this up a while ago, and it wasn't too cheap, I just had the money in my pocket and thought I'd dive in. What pressing is the Led Zep II? Is is the plum label? that goes for a hellof a lot. At least you got three brilliant albums.
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
    tremors wrote:
    JTH wrote:

5ff7ro.jpg

If it's any consolation, I always see all 3 of those albums being sold for a lot of money - especially the working zip Sticky Fingers - I picked this up a while ago, and it wasn't too cheap, I just had the money in my pocket and thought I'd dive in. What pressing is the Led Zep II? Is is the plum label? that goes for a hellof a lot. At least you got three brilliant albums.
    Yeah. It's not like I'm upset about what I paid or anything. I really wish I could find that receipt. Maybe the prices really weren't that bad.

I'm really not sure how to tell what pressing it is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was pressed some time in the mid-to-late 70s.

It's got a standard Atlantic Records green & red label on it... with a 2nd Hand Tunes price tag stuck to it that says 99¢. I think I paid about $11.

***EDIT: I have no idea how reliable this Wikipedia entry is, but my copy does show the 3:50 running time.

Original LP pressings of the album incorrectly listed the running time of "Thank You" at 3:50, as the song's coda features a false fade at that point.***
    JTH wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    JTH wrote:

5ff7ro.jpg

Yeah. It's not like I'm upset about what I paid or anything. I really wish I could find that receipt. Maybe the prices really weren't that bad.

I'm really not sure how to tell what pressing it is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was pressed some time in the mid-to-late 70s.

It's got a standard Atlantic Records green & red label on it... with a 2nd Hand Tunes price tag stuck to it that says 99¢. I think I paid about $11.

***EDIT: I have no idea how reliable this Wikipedia entry is, but my copy does show the 3:50 running time.

Original LP pressings of the album incorrectly listed the running time of "Thank You" at 3:50, as the song's coda features a false fade at that point.***

I just had a look at my copies of this, and my early one has no track times at all, and the later one says 3:50..... anyways, hope you enjoy them!

I made a rare (for me) online purchase the other day, that arrived today - Astral Weeks, an earlier pressing than I've had before, for about £10. Sound is really nice, but side 2 has a bit too much crackle for my liking - I can't tell yet whether it's going to irritate me too much, because overall I got seriously into the album...... I think the seller was a bit generous when describing the condition.

• clashmanclashman Posts: 320
    wilco- sky blue sky. i love it.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    clashman wrote:

great album! one that i haven't listened to in quite some time....that changes now! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Just picked up the Radiohead UK single for No Suprises (Cat# 12NODATA04) . Might be interested in trading...
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
    Newch91 wrote:

That's great Chris. Are the 2000 albums available, or are they silly money like the PJ 2000's albums?

• joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    I have a small question for people here.. probably doesnt belong but it has to do with my vinyl and getting autographs, what are peoples opinions on getting albums signed by musicians if they didnt play on the actual album but are now part of the band.... ie would you get matt cameron to sign Ten- Yield even though he didnt play on them?

and just to keep it on topic my audioslave albums i got signed by Mr Cornell when he came to perth

1200166.jpg
    tremors wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

That's great Chris. Are the 2000 albums available, or are they silly money like the PJ 2000's albums?
    Silly money. Well, if I go to Best Buy, I might be able to find No Line on the Horizon for 30 dollars.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    mfc2006 wrote:
    clashman wrote:

great album! one that i haven't listened to in quite some time....that changes now! :)

Just got that one not long ago. Had a hard time gettin off of the 1st record. Speaking as a guitar player, it doesn't get much better than Impossible Germany and Side With The Seeds.

Wilco puts out some great vinyl. The 4 I have are all top notch in sound and packaging.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    DewieCox wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    clashman wrote:

Just got that one not long ago. Had a hard time gettin off of the 1st record. Speaking as a guitar player, it doesn't get much better than Impossible Germany and Side With The Seeds.

Wilco puts out some great vinyl. The 4 I have are all top notch in sound and packaging.

totally agree. love Sky Blue Sky....i listen to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot & Kicking Television a lot on vinyl. but you're right...Impossible Germany & You Are My Face sound insanely awesome. and Side W/ The Seeds!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    joely_91 wrote:
    what are peoples opinions on getting albums signed by musicians if they didnt play on the actual album but are now part of the band.... ie would you get matt cameron to sign Ten- Yield even though he didnt play on them?

absolutely not. but that's just my take.
  • joely_91joely_91 Posts: 795
    AndySlash wrote:
    joely_91 wrote:
    what are peoples opinions on getting albums signed by musicians if they didnt play on the actual album but are now part of the band.... ie would you get matt cameron to sign Ten- Yield even though he didnt play on them?

absolutely not. but that's just my take.

I'm of that opinion to... however i've had a conversation with someone regarding it and they said that they play the songs live... so yeah.. I mean would it seem awkward to get a band to sign one album and just the lead singer to sign another if they are all standing there?
  • just called my local(11miles away) records store...

:evil: :evil: :evil: it closed down last week :evil: :evil: :evil:

i hate this world now..