I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• Hub. wrote:
    Received the First Foo Fighters vinyl today, which ends my collection: I got all Foo studio albums now. :D

23t4ad4.jpg

Thank you Rita for sending me the Medium Rare one. ;)

Very nice. I hope to take the same kind of pic around Christmas time because all of the re-issues are on my Christmas list :D Although I probably won't have Medium Rare.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    Picked these up after the show last night.

$20 for Dawes. I've seen it cheaper, but handing the band's drummer a $20 bill and having him hand me the album is a lot more rewarding to me than the $3 or so I'd save by purchasing it on the web would be.

Blitzen Trapper was $15. I've seen it for maybe a dollar less online. There were no band members working their merch table.

21cxatz.jpg
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990

Very nice. I hope to take the same kind of pic around Christmas time because all of the re-issues are on my Christmas list :D Although I probably won't have Medium Rare.

I preordered Skin & Bones, by the way. 8-)
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    JTH wrote:

$20 for Dawes. I've seen it cheaper, but handing the band's drummer a $20 bill and having him hand me the album is a lot more rewarding to me than the $3 or so I'd save by purchasing it on the web would be.

Blitzen Trapper was $15. I've seen it for maybe a dollar less online. There were no band members working their merch table.

21cxatz.jpg

Nice.. Nothing beats getting an album directly from the band... How was the show?
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    jshin wrote:
    Nice.. Nothing beats getting an album directly from the band... How was the show?
    The show itself was great. There was one aspect that was not so great, though. My friend and I got into an altercation with an extremely loud/drunk/obnoxious chick. The end result of which was that he got slapped REALLY HARD (twice) and my entire beer got knocked out of my hand (a good portion of which ended up on my my shirt) before I even had a chance to take a sip.

I didn't just take a pic of the albums when I got home...
    2druewz.jpg
  • JTH wrote:

21cxatz.jpg

American Goldwing is a fantastic album. Quite possibly my favorite record I've bought this year.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    http://www.reckless.com/

Reckless Records has the PJ Melbourne boot back in stock. Its $22.99 plus shipping. :D
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    just remembered i've got Quadrophenia on vinyl signed by Daltrey. Must dig that out.
  • eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Hub. wrote:
    Received the First Foo Fighters vinyl today, which ends my collection: I got all Foo studio albums now. :D

23t4ad4.jpg

Thank you Rita for sending me the Medium Rare one. ;)

i've got this if you wanna trade something for it?
    Foo-Fighters-Big-Me---White-Vi-63428.jpg
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,990
    Thanks a lot, but I only needed the albums. Just to listen to them. I'm not that a collector. ;)
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Went to a record fair today, got two great records, and actually came out having made money! Took along two records to trade or sell, and was pleased with the results. This is a departure for me, but I'm going to repeat.....my vinyl money has been all going in one direction.....

These are the records I came away with, plus some extra money in my pocket :)

band_the-bandLP.jpg

tori-amos-little-earthquakes-lp-version.jpg
    (1991 promo pressing)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    tremors wrote:
    Went to a record fair today, got two great records, and actually came out having made money! Took along two records to trade or sell, and was pleased with the results. This is a departure for me, but I'm going to repeat.....my vinyl money has been all going in one direction.....

band_the-bandLP.jpg

(1991 promo pressing)

very cool. I would love to have Little Earthquakes on vinyl.
    Yarden wrote:
    tremors wrote:

band_the-bandLP.jpg

(1991 promo pressing)

very cool. I would love to have Little Earthquakes on vinyl.

Just listened through, got really into it. I think one track (Tear in your hand) might have been a different version - maybe redone before the full 1992 release. I tried to look it up, and it seems they did do some messing around with the album at the various stages leading up to full release. Sometimes I find tracks sound very different on vinyl, and sometimes it turns out to be an alternative mix or take, and other times it's just the different medium bringing different parts of the song to the forefront - if you know what I mean...... sounded great anyway!

Just picked up a mint original copy of vitalogy with limited commerative print for £14. Never played - looking forward to playing this later, my copy has suffered a bit over the years. Picked up some other cool cheap stuff as well, big brother and the holding company, talvin singh, the charlatans for about a pound a piece.

tremors wrote:
    Just picked up a mint original copy of vitalogy with limited commerative print for £14. Never played - looking forward to playing this later, my copy has suffered a bit over the years. Picked up some other cool cheap stuff as well, big brother and the holding company, talvin singh, the charlatans for about a pound a piece.

Back to the record fair?.... Is that copy of The Band the original press?

jshin wrote:
    tremors wrote:

Back to the record fair?.... Is that copy of The Band the original press?

Went to a different fair today - a little one, that had some professionals, and some people just selling off their collections cheaply to make space etc. I got the Vitalogy from a professional, and quite a lot of other stuff from the DIY people. The Vitalogy seemed a good deal to me - it was £10 cheaper than the remaster in the shops, I wanted a better copy, but didn't really want the remastered version.

The Band I don't think is an original pressing, but it is quite early. It has the textured sleeve, and is on a solid pink Capitol label - probably 1970s - sounds pretty good, and I straight traded it for something I had two of.

I wasn't going to go to the fair today, because I am starting to worry about the crack habit - but when I woke up and thought what I'd most like to do on a Sunday, I changed my mind and took a drive. It's not good though, because I cancelled meeting with a friend - but found Vitalogy!

I've had a few addictions in my life - but this one is one of the most compelling! :lol:

Vinyl is the healthiest addiction I've had, hands down.

Just some good old metal..
    La Otracina, Starblazer 7"
    2011-11-06140313-1.jpg

jshin wrote:
    Vinyl is the healthiest addiction I've had, hands down.

Lol, yeah me too probably. I was saying to a friend that I was worrying I was too deep into it - and she said 'at least you're not going out mugging old ladies'

true dat, there are plenty worse things you can do with your time.

• thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    My grandparents got me this yesterday, sounds great! :mrgreen:

NeilYoungHarvestalbumcover.jpg
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
    thefixer9 wrote:
    My grandparents got me this yesterday, sounds great! :mrgreen:

NeilYoungHarvestalbumcover.jpg

One of my favourite records - I play this a lot, like when I want to remind myself just how good vinyl can sound!

Here are some pics of the print that came with the Vitalogy I picked up yesterday. I don't know anything about this - whether it was a print from the general release, or just from a particular retailer (I have some vague vague memory of HMV offering something like this). Anybody know?

IMG-20111107-00090-1.jpg

IMG-20111107-00089.jpg

• niall wrote:
    I am really interested in the Lateralus picture disc 2lp's that seem to be floating around recently. It would appear they have become available recently. Been checking them out and apparently they aren't fake either. Checked out a Tool site that had a list of fake vinyl, which is sourced from MP3's or a retail Cd. The anemia coloured vinyls are fake and any 10,000 days are fake as they never pressed any vinyl for this.

Looks like there are quite a few copies of Lateralus on the Bay for like $40-50 right now. I really want that LP, badly, but just ain't been able to bite the bullet for that price. I'm cheap.

*Edit*

Just went to Amazon and it looks like it's only $30 on there. That's pretty damn tempting.

Just checked my order status with Pop Market and it's says it's back ordered. Should ship on or before 11/11.
    niall wrote:
    I am really interested in the Lateralus picture disc 2lp's that seem to be floating around recently. It would appear they have become available recently. Been checking them out and apparently they aren't fake either. Checked out a Tool site that had a list of fake vinyl, which is sourced from MP3's or a retail Cd. The anemia coloured vinyls are fake and any 10,000 days are fake as they never pressed any vinyl for this.

Looks like there are quite a few copies of Lateralus on the Bay for like $40-50 right now. I really want that LP, badly, but just ain't been able to bite the bullet for that price. I'm cheap.

*Edit*

Just went to Amazon and it looks like it's only $30 on there. That's pretty damn tempting.

Just checked my order status with Pop Market and it's says it's back ordered. Should ship on or before 11/11.

Same thing happened to me awhile back, with the same album.. Email them and ask them when and if it will be back in stock... I ended up cancelling mine after about three weeks of waiting.

• jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    jshin wrote:

Same thing happened to me awhile back, with the same album.. Email them and ask them when and if it will be back in stock... I ended up cancelling mine after about three weeks of waiting.

The backorder and ship on/before 11/11 is the latest. I've been e-mailing them weekly since I ordered on September 29th. Fingers crossed!
  • Conan-Obrien-And-They-Call-Me-Mad.jpg

Funny, funny man. The etching on the vinyl says: "This was seriously a mic test"… hahaha!
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Got those today in Berlin. The Doors LP has Love Street on it, that's why I bought it :lol: I love that song at the moment. The singles were 1 € all together, and two of them contain songs from soundtracks of very cheesy movies that I loved during teenager times, so I just couldn't resist :D

berlin.jpg
  • Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon and Wish you were here reissues!
    1998: Cleveland
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus
    2003: Cleveland, Columbus
    2004: Toledo
    2006: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Gorge Night 1
    2008: Washington D.C.
    2009: Chicago Night 1, Seattle Night 1, Philadelphia Night 3, Philadelphia Night 4
    2010: Columbus, Indianapolis, Cleveland
    2011: Detroit EV, Chicago 1 EV
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Chicago, Pittsburgh
    2014: Cincinnati
    Dreamers Of The Ghetto, Enemy/Lover
    2011-11-08134538-2.jpg
    From their record label: "DOTG have mined a sound that is both timeless and nostalgic, and they've done so with an earnest fearlessness and refreshing lack of irony. They are true, pure, and unbelievably powerful."... I couldn't agree more. Really happy with this one.

• jshin wrote:
    Dreamers Of The Ghetto, Enemy/Lover
    2011-11-08134538-2.jpg
    From their record label: "DOTG have mined a sound that is both timeless and nostalgic, and they've done so with an earnest fearlessness and refreshing lack of irony. They are true, pure, and unbelievably powerful."... I couldn't agree more. Really happy with this one.

Oh wow! That looks amaaazing ...