Options

I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

1523524526528529632

Comments

  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,817
    Got this one for $15.  The cover of mine is a bit rough and the vinyl is VG+, but not a bad price and one heck of a great record!

    Miles Smiles Vinyl LP Album Reissue album cover
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.













  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    1st pressings

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    edited July 2021
    mickeyrat said:
    1st pressings

    AB-1006 is the money one for Aja.  Some consider AA-1006 a first as well.  Both sound great though.  I have three copies of the AB and anytime I see one in a store, I buy it if it's in good condition.  I love this record.  
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    1st pressings

    AB-1006 is the money one for Aja.  Some consider AA-1006 a first as well.  Both sound great though.  I have three copies of the AB and anytime I see one in a store, I buy it if it's in good condition.  I love this record.  

    its in great shape, however the cover was used as something to write on and became etched with what looks like some advanced math or something.... just in the center though.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    1st pressings

    AB-1006 is the money one for Aja.  Some consider AA-1006 a first as well.  Both sound great though.  I have three copies of the AB and anytime I see one in a store, I buy it if it's in good condition.  I love this record.  

    its in great shape, however the cover was used as something to write on and became etched with what looks like some advanced math or something.... just in the center though.
    Is this your first copy of this record?
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    1st pressings

    AB-1006 is the money one for Aja.  Some consider AA-1006 a first as well.  Both sound great though.  I have three copies of the AB and anytime I see one in a store, I buy it if it's in good condition.  I love this record.  

    its in great shape, however the cover was used as something to write on and became etched with what looks like some advanced math or something.... just in the center though.
    Is this your first copy of this record?

    yes.

    have most of the tracks on that greatest hits 72-78 double album
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,659
    How do I tell exactly which copy of Aja I have? This one is a bit confusing to me because the back of the artwork says AA 1006 from ABC 1977. No other record company information on the outside really. On the A side runout groove it says A/B and the B side says A/A. Looks to be another word that possibly begins with an R after that but can't really make it out. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    1st pressings

    AB-1006 is the money one for Aja.  Some consider AA-1006 a first as well.  Both sound great though.  I have three copies of the AB and anytime I see one in a store, I buy it if it's in good condition.  I love this record.  

    its in great shape, however the cover was used as something to write on and became etched with what looks like some advanced math or something.... just in the center though.
    Is this your first copy of this record?

    yes.

    have most of the tracks on that greatest hits 72-78 double album
    Ah yes, that's a good pressing too.  However that record does not have Black Cow, Aja, I heard the news, etc.  The whole record is freakin fantastic.  But then again, I love the Dan. 
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    edited July 2021
    pjpjpaul said:
    How do I tell exactly which copy of Aja I have? This one is a bit confusing to me because the back of the artwork says AA 1006 from ABC 1977. No other record company information on the outside really. On the A side runout groove it says A/B and the B side says A/A. Looks to be another word that possibly begins with an R after that but can't really make it out. 

    (RE-3) or some other number after RE.

    type as much of the most readable side runout info in the search box on discogs.

    include all dashes and spaces.
    it should bring up all pressings which have that info..... go through the versions there to see what matches closest to your copy.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    here was the search I did at the record store....



    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    mickeyrat said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    How do I tell exactly which copy of Aja I have? This one is a bit confusing to me because the back of the artwork says AA 1006 from ABC 1977. No other record company information on the outside really. On the A side runout groove it says A/B and the B side says A/A. Looks to be another word that possibly begins with an R after that but can't really make it out. 

    (RE-3) or some other number after RE.

    type as much of the most readable side runout info in the search box on discogs.

    include all dashes and spaces.
    it should bring up all pressings which have that info..... go through the versions there to see what matches closest to your copy.
    Yes, that will tell you the plant.  But knowing whether it was the original lacquers vs the second set is defined by the AB vs the AA which is right on the label and the jacket.  I have not heard a difference from the pressing plant and all mine are from diff ones. 
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,659


    Runout side A= AA 1006 RE 3
    Runout side B= AB 1006 RE 3

    Possibly this one? 


    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    That's considered a 'second pressing', but I wouldn't worry about it.  The AA's did not sound noticeably different from my experience.  If you have a clean, quiet copy, hang onto it. 
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,659
    mrussel1 said:
    That's considered a 'second pressing', but I wouldn't worry about it.  The AA's did not sound noticeably different from my experience.  If you have a clean, quiet copy, hang onto it. 
    Yeah that's what I figured. It does sound good but could use a decent cleaning. It's a great sounding record. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    According to the notes on my entry, it said they raised the price by a dollar 2 weeks after intial pressing. These are differentiated by AB (first) and AA (raised price).
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    The Band - Rock of Ages
    Crazy Horse - Crazy Horse
    Neil young - After the Gold Rush 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Petty-Angel Dream
    Beatles-White Album with Esher Tapes
    The Mars Volta-De-louse In The Comatorium…really nice set from VMP. Hoping he sound quality is on par with the packaging.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,726
    DewieCox said:
    Petty-Angel Dream
    Beatles-White Album with Esher Tapes
    The Mars Volta-De-louse In The Comatorium…really nice set from VMP. Hoping he sound quality is on par with the packaging.
    I've really enjoyed Angel Dreams.  
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,553
    I picked up the Almost Famous soundtrack and the deluxe Black Pumas release over the weekend. Love the Black Pumas record! 
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 648

    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 4.13.12
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Los Angeles 1 5.22.24
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2021
    Monkees Deluxe Edition by Run Out Groove, cut AAA by Kevin Gray


  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,659
    Snagged a signed copy of the new Velvet Underground and nico tribute album. Apparently won't know who exactly signed it until it arrives but still cool. Either signed by Thurston Moore, Kurt Vile, King Princess, Andrew Bird, Sharon Van Etten, or Matt from The National. 


    https://jazz.centerstagestore.com/products/ill-be-your-mirror-a-tribute-to-the-velvet-underground-nico-signed-2lp

    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Decided to trim down the wantlist and ordered a few today 

  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097

    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,097
    going back tomorrow for more copies of alive......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

    Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,414

  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Big vinyl day!




    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    ^^^Just missing that Donna Summer release. 

    To Discogs!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
Sign In or Register to comment.