I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• JTHJTH Posts: 3,238
    JTH wrote:
    Here's today's batch.

33bzt5g.jpg
    Well, shit...

Just opened up that copy of Bleach and it's black vinyl. It's supposed to be white.
  • albert83albert83 Posts: 109
    jshin wrote:
    albert83 wrote:
    Had a lot of free time this week and visited a few stores got a bunch of stuff. These are the highlights though

IMG_0540.jpg

You found The Bride Screamed Murder special edition in a store?
    That's pretty awesome if you did.
    http://www.amphetaminereptile.com/melvins/

I sure did, they must have ordered it right from there, He said they had brought it in for someone and that person changed there mind. He also said they could only get one and I payed a little bit more than on that site. With shipping they must have barely broke even thats actually really cool of him not to jack up the price.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    albert83 wrote:
    jshin wrote:
    albert83 wrote:
    Had a lot of free time this week and visited a few stores got a bunch of stuff. These are the highlights though

IMG_0540.jpg

You found The Bride Screamed Murder special edition in a store?
    That's pretty awesome if you did.
    http://www.amphetaminereptile.com/melvins/

I sure did, they must have ordered it right from there, He said they had brought it in for someone and that person changed there mind. He also said they could only get one and I payed a little bit more than on that site. With shipping they must have barely broke even thats actually really cool of him not to jack up the price.

Thats great!... Considering there are only 100 from each artist, 1000 pressed total.. Congrats on the find.
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• jshin wrote:
    Thats great!... Considering there are only 100 from each artist, 1000 pressed total.. Congrats on the find.

That is really cool. I bet the cover done by Adam Jones sold out real quick.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    jshin wrote:

That is really cool. I bet the cover done by Adam Jones sold out real quick.
    They were all gone before you could click the buy button..

• Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Noiiiice :D

299522_2566008275604_1416081001_32954454_428469777_n.jpg

Did you notice that it says something near the spine?
    It's R.J.O.K.V.H.J. M.R. FOREVER on the Backspacer side and Gramma Marge, daughter of Pearl 1918-2009 on the other one ... What does the first one mean - does anyone know?
    Leeze wrote:

It's R.J.O.K.V.H.J. M.R. FOREVER on the Backspacer side and Gramma Marge, daughter of Pearl 1918-2009 on the other one ...
    Yep.. The black ones have the same thing.
    I have a lot of vinyl with little messages etched in the run off.. I imagine that the artist/band is asked if they have anything that they want etched in there... I always check when I get a new record.

• albert83albert83 Posts: 109
    Got this too but couldnt get the picture to work yesterday.

One of my top 5 favourite records of the 90s
    and its sounding sooo good on wax
    newly remastered under direct supervision from Bob Mould
    IMG_0546.jpg
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Leeze wrote:

It's R.J.O.K.V.H.J. M.R. FOREVER on the Backspacer side and Gramma Marge, daughter of Pearl 1918-2009 on the other one ... What does the first one mean - does anyone know?

I'm surprised this was never really discovered.. I found a thread in french about it here:

http://www.pjbootstrading.org/phpBB3/vi ... &start=140

Doesn't appear to be any answers though... I love this sort of thing.. I'd love to know what it means. :D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    70s bonanza today!

145.jpg

Sticky fingers, good condition with working zip, good price, record itself is excellent :)

131278.jpg

Joni Mitchell - Miles of Aisles - been looking out for this for a while

Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg

Floyd, Animals - been talking about this over in another thread, and have been planning to get a copy to replace my scratched lp. Went back to the shop where I saw it, and found the other lps too!

Oh, and this - great condition

!B8IYdLwBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!k8Ey+jCw3Q6BM2JhUkWj!~~_35.JPG
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    tremors wrote:
    70s bonanza today!

145.jpg

Sticky fingers, good condition with working zip, good price, record itself is excellent :)

131278.jpg

Joni Mitchell - Miles of Aisles - been looking out for this for a while

Pink_Floyd-Animals-Frontal.jpg

Floyd, Animals - been talking about this over in another thread, and have been planning to get a copy to replace my scratched lp. Went back to the shop where I saw it, and found the other lps too!

Oh, and this - great condition

!B8IYdLwBmk~$(KGrHqJ,!k8Ey+jCw3Q6BM2JhUkWj!~~_35.JPG

love to add Animals to my collection, awesome PF album

L7 eh, nice
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:

L7 eh, nice

Yeah, I don't come across much 90s stuff - so is always nice to see something from then that looks worth having. I used to love Pretend we're dead, down the old 'rock night' - but I don't know the album. Those were the days, all these sweaty grungy types shaking their locks along to L7, Outshined, Bombtrack and Animal - when it was all fresh. Me, I was sitting in the corner in a herb induced trance...... :?

No purchases today smarchee?

tremors wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

L7 eh, nice

Yeah, I don't come across much 90s stuff - so is always nice to see something from then that looks worth having. I used to love Pretend we're dead, down the old 'rock night' - but I don't know the album. Those were the days, all these sweaty grungy types shaking their locks along to L7, Outshined, Bombtrack and Animal - when it was all fresh. Me, I was sitting in the corner in a herb induced trance...... :?

I have that album on vinyl, too. I like it! Feels good to play Shitlist from time to time :lol:
    Leeze wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

L7 eh, nice

I have that album on vinyl, too. I like it! Feels good to play Shitlist from time to time :lol:

I will have a listen soon!

• May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,727
    Tom Waits- Bad As Me
    The Roots- How I Got Over
  • 71step2871step28 Posts: 2,249
    finally received this today :D

IMAG0505-1.jpg

IMAG0506-1.jpg

IMAG0507-1.jpg
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,236
    Leeze wrote:

i'm fairly confident in guessing the M.R. FOREVER refers to jeff's friend michael richter who had passed away and was honored at the first chicago show in 09. no idea what the stuff before it could mean though.
  • Just got this in the mail thanks to a give away that Jason did on here not too long ago. Love it!

nirvana2.jpg
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    AndySlash wrote:
    i'm fairly confident in guessing the M.R. FOREVER refers to jeff's friend michael richter who had passed away and was honored at the first chicago show in 09. no idea what the stuff before it could mean though.
    There's another thread here somewhere that says "R.J.O.K.V.H.J." is for each of the band members' children.

I can't say if that's true because I don't know all their names, but I'm sure someone here knows all the names and can match the initials up.
    Just got this in the mail thanks to a give away that Jason did on here not too long ago. Love it!

nirvana2.jpg
    :thumbup:

jshin wrote:
    Just got this in the mail thanks to a give away that Jason did on here not too long ago. Love it!

nirvana2.jpg
    :thumbup:

send it ot me

Not seen you posting many vinyl finds recently thrilla, have you exhausted your local suppliers?

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    tremors wrote:

Not seen you posting many vinyl finds recently thrilla, have you exhausted your local suppliers?

it wouldn't surprise me! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

He needs to do what I've done and bite the bullet with the Oxfam chain of charity shops we have here - they're a bit pricey compared to other charity shops, but they have vinyl for sale in every far flung corner of the UK...... good times to be had.

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    Found Tool Aemina (Black Vinyl) and STP Purple (Purple Vinyl) at the CD Cellar in Arlington VA. Both significantly under priced :) . Might be interested in trading the Tool LP for a PJ record.

Also found SLIPKNOT st picture disc. Nirvana Smells Like Teen Spirit 12" single. Just received the limited edition of Nevermind pic disc set that I would be willing to consider trading for a white BS.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    PJ's 1992 single
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    tremors wrote:

ghost town for vinyl ...boooooooooooooooo
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Does anyone know of a decent suburban Chicago record shop?
    Sawyer wrote:

I was at Reckless records and really liked it! Dunno if any of the adresses is suburban or if they participate in RSD though :think:

http://www.reckless.com/
    Leeze wrote:
    Sawyer wrote:

I was at Reckless records and really liked it! Dunno if any of the adresses is suburban or if they participate in RSD though :think:

http://www.reckless.com/
    Reckless is in the city but they do participate in RSD, I believe.

Where in the suburbs are you?