Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    MedozK said:

Just watched the mail person drop my copy on the doorstep.
  • DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 629

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,554
    DC29940 said:

I'm curious about your copy of Hendrix Winterland.  I have this one on Ryko Analogue:

I didn't find one that looks like yours on either Discogs or the Authentic Hendrix store site.  Is it a boot?  Something I missed?

I was at one of those October 1968 shows but he played two gigs each night for a couple days running and I think they were all recorded, so I have no idea if I actually saw any of these particular performances all those many years ago.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Just purchased John Dwyer related material.  Damaged Bug, Ocees and Bent Arcana.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,511
    ^^^I dont know who that is but I trust your taste in music...
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

MedozK said:

Oooh!  John Lee on Impulse!- nice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Loujoe said:
    I emphatically implore you to try out Thee Oh Sees.  I loved Smote Reverser, Floating Coffin, Orc and Drop.

Give it a shot.  If you don't like them I'll buy it off of you.
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,641
    Awesome albums recommended ^
  • Loujoe said:
    I emphatically implore you to try out Thee Oh Sees.  I loved Smote Reverser, Floating Coffin, Orc and Drop.

Give it a shot.  If you don't like them I'll buy it off of you.
    Mutilator Defeated at Last, too.
    edited December 2020
    Stuck a best of dead cassette in now. So I'm not sure where my ears are at. Will check those bands out.
     FAshiZzLLEforshuRe

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited December 2020
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,492

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    edited December 2020
    Picked up the Blue Note Classic release of Lee Morgan’s the Sidewinder. Also paid my local shop in advance for the upcoming Wayne Shorter’s Speak No Evil.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,592
    Picked up the Blue Note Classic release of Lee Morgan’s the Sidewinder. Also paid my local shop in advance for the upcoming Wayne Shorter’s Speak No Evil.
    The Sidewinder is very nice.  
    mrussel1 said:
    The Sidewinder is very nice.  

I've notice that mentioned a number of time here.  Must check it out!

brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

I'm curious about your copy of Hendrix Winterland.  I have this one on Ryko Analogue:

I didn't find one that looks like yours on either Discogs or the Authentic Hendrix store site.  Is it a boot?  Something I missed?

I was at one of those October 1968 shows but he played two gigs each night for a couple days running and I think they were all recorded, so I have no idea if I actually saw any of these particular performances all those many years ago.

This is the one it is. A Target exclusive on orange vinyl that's basically a compilation of the full set. Would love to get the full set at some point, but this'll have to do until either resale prices come down or they repress it.
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
    DC29940 said:
    brianlux said:
    DC29940 said:

This is the one it is. A Target exclusive on orange vinyl that's basically a compilation of the full set. Would love to get the full set at some point, but this'll have to do until either resale prices come down or they repress it.

Thanks for the link.  That's interesting because the 2 LP set is listed separately from these.  I didn't even know about the 8 LP edition.  It's probably not something I will ever buy at the prices they're going for... but never say never, lol.

• Happy Festivus to me. I have no grievances. 

Just arrived, the new Carlton Melton album.  My drummer buddy Andy got his wish and had a painting done by his artist friend Lester Stewart DeGradi used for the cover.  If you look closely, the painting, like all of DeGradi's work, is signed "LSD".  :smile:

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,293

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    hard pass.....

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Yeah^^good for you. I'd pass too for 18. 10 maybe I'd grab It for a couple spins.
    Loujoe said:
    Yeah^^good for you. I'd pass too for 18. 10 maybe I'd grab It for a couple spins.

hard pass for free in my book.

edited December 2020
    Post edited by Loujoe on
  • halvhalv Posts: 674
    edited December 2020
    Decent haul today at 20% off. 
    Thom Yorke, Mark Lanegan, The Beatles, Deftones, Phoebe Bridgers, Gorillaz, Radiohead, Elliott Brood, Talking Heads, The National. 
    Post edited by halv on

My Christmas haul. The McCartney III is the Third Man yellow/black limited to 333 copies. Mine is #177. Listened to all three back to back and it made it a really cool experience. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20