• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    A nice day...

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,984
    I'll let ya know.

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,763
    ^^^^hmmmm....well I'm waiting. Whacha say? Can't be that bad... I had mad elvis records I found here and there for cheap. Don't listen to him much anymore. Maybe dust him off for a spin tonight.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155

• Options

The song "Beer" by RBF is an all time fav of mine as well is Authority Song by the former Mr Cougar, different album I know...
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    ^^^^hmmmm....well I'm waiting. Whacha say? Can't be that bad... I had mad elvis records I found here and there for cheap. Don't listen to him much anymore. Maybe dust him off for a spin tonight.
    Did not take the shrink off yet!
  • Options
    edited June 2020

The song "Beer" by RBF is an all time fav of mine as well is Authority Song by the former Mr Cougar, different album I know...
    It’s a great album! This is the 2014 Ltd Pink Swirl RE. I would rate it VG+. Guy on FB Marketplace sold it to me for $30CDN.  Quite a steal when you see it’s value on Discogs 👍. 
    Seeing a lot of vinyl go up on FB these days. Not everyone knows what they have.
  • Options

It’s a great album! This is the 2014 Ltd Pink Swirl RE. I would rate it VG+. Guy on FB Marketplace sold it to me for $30CDN.  Quite a steal when you see it’s value on Discogs 👍. 
    Seeing a lot of vinyl go up on FB these days. Not everyone knows what they have.
    Where are u buying on FB, also I find Discogs to be very overpriced.  People asking 2400 for a sealed Benny when they regularly go for 2000 on the bay.
  • Options

Where are u buying on FB, also I find Discogs to be very overpriced.  People asking 2400 for a sealed Benny when they regularly go for 2000 on the bay.
    I buy locally. I just click on the Marketplace link on the FB app and then search for “vinyl records” or “vinyl albums for sale”. I widen my search to 40 miles or so. Don’t want to have to drive too far. 
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 635

Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Did not take the shrink off yet!
    Got to wait for the right time. Maybe more of an october record.
  • Options
    pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,654
    edited June 2020

On vinyl for the first time this August. Just preordered through Amazon. I'm sure its probably a digital source but I really like this album so I'm going to get it anyway. So many catchy riffs all over this.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    DC29940DC29940 Tucson, AZ Posts: 635
    pjpjpaul said:

On vinyl for the first time this August. Just preordered through Amazon. I'm sure its probably a digital source but I really like this album so I'm going to get it anyway. So many catchy riffs all over this.
    It's a great album and I can't wait to finally have it in my collection (hopefully Disciplined Breakdown and Dosage aren't too far behind, though CS seem to re sticking to reissuing at 25 years). Zia Records and Bull Moose are doing a joint pressing limited to 1000 on turquoise marble vinyl. That's the version I went with. 
    Kansas City 7.03.98
    St. Louis 10.11.00
    Kansas City 10.12.00
    St. Louis 4.22.03
    Kansas City 6.12.03
    St. Louis 10.5.04
    Kansas City 5.3.10
    Phoenix (EV) 11.4.12
    Phoenix 11.19.13
    Wrigley 1 8.20.16
    Seattle 1 8.8.18
    Phoenix 4.11.20
    Phoenix 5.9.22
    Indianapolis 9.10.23
    Indianapolis 8.26.24
  • Options
    Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,880
    DC29940 said:
    pjpjpaul said:

It's a great album and I can't wait to finally have it in my collection (hopefully Disciplined Breakdown and Dosage aren't too far behind, though CS seem to re sticking to reissuing at 25 years). Zia Records and Bull Moose are doing a joint pressing limited to 1000 on turquoise marble vinyl. That's the version I went with. 
    Right on!!!! Thank you for the heads up. Freaking love CS, stoked these are finally being put out on vinyl. Just ordered the turquoise from BM. 
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,944

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,685
    Nice minty affordable eBay score arrived today:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Nice haul.  I see at least four Springsteen. Nebraska is awesome. 
  • Options
    I'll let ya know.

Finally listened to this.

My recommendation is don't buy this.
  • Options
    Sad^^^
  • Options

Nice haul. Been on the lookout for a VG+ of Nebraska for a looong time. Every one I find is beat to hell because it was played CONSTANTLY.  Great album. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Nice haul. Been on the lookout for a VG+ of Nebraska for a looong time. Every one I find is beat to hell because it was played CONSTANTLY.  Great album. 
    I have (had) no real interest in Springsteen. But when finding Asbury, Nebraska and Darkness for a total of 180 SEK (19 dollars) I felt I had to pick them up. Then I found Tunnel of Love (which my Bruce-buddy always say is underrated Riot Act-style) I picked that up for a few dollars more.

Really dig Darkness... Haven't spun Nebraska yet.

Noticed I did not have the Neil Bluenotes album (Which is surprising because it was always around in used record stores when growing up, like his whole 80s catalog was) so I picked it up, even though it was not superduper cheap like it used to be.

Notice all the cool Pippi Longstocking albums too.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

I have (had) no real interest in Springsteen. But when finding Asbury, Nebraska and Darkness for a total of 180 SEK (19 dollars) I felt I had to pick them up. Then I found Tunnel of Love (which my Bruce-buddy always say is underrated Riot Act-style) I picked that up for a few dollars more.

Noticed I did not have the Neil Bluenotes album (Which is surprising because it was always around in used record stores when growing up, like his whole 80s catalog was) so I picked it up, even though it was not superduper cheap like it used to be.

Did you preorder the Neil record coming out in a few weeks?

I think Tunnel is great as well.  It's different,  poppy, but very good. Nebraska is made for a late night and a candle.  
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:

I think Tunnel is great as well.  It's different,  poppy, but very good. Nebraska is made for a late night and a candle.  
    I love Poppy:

I was unsure about getting the regular version of Neils or the "INDIE EXCLUSIVE SPEND EXTRA MONEY FOR A LITHOGRAPH"-edition so I have been holding out but would ofc buy it, but when being at the big record store here to pick up some more plastic covers for my records they sort of preordered it for me before I had the chance to stop them. Haha, so yes have it booked. Will but all of Neils old-but-new albums I guess. But I did not buy Colorado last year. Because I don't think it was very good.

it's out tomorrow I think (16th)?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I love Poppy:

I was unsure about getting the regular version of Neils or the "INDIE EXCLUSIVE SPEND EXTRA MONEY FOR A LITHOGRAPH"-edition so I have been holding out but would ofc buy it, but when being at the big record store here to pick up some more plastic covers for my records they sort of preordered it for me before I had the chance to stop them. Haha, so yes have it booked. Will but all of Neils old-but-new albums I guess. But I did not buy Colorado last year. Because I don't think it was very good.

It's June 23 here in the states.  I didn't get Colorado either,  but I did get Hitchhiker which I think is excellent. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I love Poppy:

It's June 23 here in the states.  I didn't get Colorado either,  but I did get Hitchhiker which I think is excellent. 
    Yes. It is great. Neil in the 70s is unmatched, so whatever he will bring out from those years will not disappoint, I am sure of. Also curious about the new Freedom release he has been hinting with a full length Crime in the City. 

What do you think of the two songs released from Homegrown? Try and Vacancy?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Asbury is a great coming of age record.  Tunnel is a great divorce record.   

Nebraska is a great serial killer record.

Regardless...you know how exactly how any and all of the songs will go musically from listening to the first couple of notes.
    Lyrically, you never know where you're going to end up..
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I love Poppy:

Yes. It is great. Neil in the 70s is unmatched, so whatever he will bring out from those years will not disappoint, I am sure of. Also curious about the new Freedom release he has been hinting with a full length Crime in the City. 

What do you think of the two songs released from Homegrown? Try and Vacancy?
    I havent' had a chance to listen.  I almost don't want to do so, because I want to hear fresh Neil from mid-70s.  That's like being reborn.  Did you listen?  Good?  Tell me they're good.  
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    Asbury is a great coming of age record.  Tunnel is a great divorce record.   

Nebraska is a great serial killer record.

Regardless...you know how exactly how any and all of the songs will go musically from listening to the first couple of notes.
    Lyrically, you never know where you're going to end up..
    It's funny everyone thinks of it as the serial killer record because of Nebraska.  I just think of it as a collection of sad stories, the real stories of life.  My favorite is State Trooper, with that howl that startles you at the end, every time.